• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Benice as for XC2 team setups: I simply recommend just trying out different things and finding what works for you/what's fun for you. Like, i could say that my favorite setup (Pyra Fusion Combo burst) is pretty damn good, but that doesn't mean you'll enjoy using said setup at all. That's the great part about XC2's combat, there are so many possibilities, that you should be able to find something that fits your style. 

Don't limit yourself to one single setup right away. 

I don't think i'm alone when i say this, but every character has some awesome setups they can pull off, so i can't say that none of the characters are "poorly designed".

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

68d.jpg

Relatable. I think I need to cut back on screen-time before bed. Blue light is bad. It wasn't that bad for me before, but the past few nights have seen me stop by a little after midnight, and remain awake until almost 2.

Speaking of sleep, this is almost a year old, but I only discovered it 10 minutes ago, thrown in a box for size.:

Spoiler

mareep.0.jpeg

A $500 USD Mareep, a girl, and the boyfriend that gave it to her.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

You probably should have picked Berwick boss music here.

Berwick wishes it could have a generic boss theme that goes as hard as SoV's.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rubeino.

Ah, so that's why i felt that i got the name wrong.

Also that was hilarious. I'm two steps ahead of you, actually. I've already made a meme like this before, only in image form. Two, actually!

O90s0ryr o

Mqvsqjcx o

I like how I lost 8 HP between appearances.

Plot twist: the second image comes first chronologically.

Then again, Mario Party's been dead in the water for multiple console generations now, so... Meh. Will do.

There is literally one on Switch. I've heard it's decent.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mareep image (SF decided to copypast the previous quote for some reason)

Oh i remember this. Spawned an entire meme trend.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Many things wish they went as hard.

But it would have fit the speech.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I was thinking similarly.

But I forget why he was attacking Derrick, so the reason's not clear to me.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of sleep, this is almost a year old, but I only discovered it 10 minutes ago, thrown in a box for size.:

Reveal hidden contents

mareep.0.jpeg

A $500 USD Mareep, a girl, and the boyfriend that gave it to her.

Pre-evolved form of the best Pokémon, it gets a pass.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why must you always be so hateable, Armagon? That theme isn't even that good!

...Certainly nothing compared to Berkut's battle theme. Whatever he is as a character, I'll take it in exchange for that.

Honestly though, the theme is pretty good, but hate me if you must, I think it's beat by a few others. TRS's generic boss theme, definitely. I mean, c'mon, that sounds like it'd be a major boss theme in a different game. All of Berwick Saga's boss themes as well. Yeah, I'm biased and all- What can I say? I'm despicable like that, forgive me for having an opinion. I'm also fond of FE6's boss theme, it's kinda dumb but there's that one instrument that just goes fucking apeshit and I love it. I don't even know what that instrument is. If anyone can tell me... It's this one. Anyway, maybe FE5's beats it too? I love the trumpets in that one.

So yeah. Echoes boss theme good. Not that good, in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Damn, that must've been some power levelling to get me 8 HP.

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I was thinking similarly.

But I forget why he was attacking Derrick, so the reason's not clear to me.

If I recall correctly, I wrote that line in the LP, then I realized I sounded like a generic boss, so I decided to make the joke once more. Except this time, I put myself against Derrick to be like "haha I'm so bad even Derrick can beat me isn't that funny?"

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I recall correctly, I wrote that line in the LP, then I realized I sounded like a generic boss, so I decided to make the joke once more. Except this time, I put myself against Derrick to be like "haha I'm so bad even Derrick can beat me isn't that funny?"

Yet that doesn't make sense from your LP now, so let's make something up:

Your character snaps, turns on the "useless" units in your army and runs away, hunting down the voices which sound similar to the forumites, who you start hunting down. We'll say you used a stat booster on the way to finding me early on.

I still don't know how I ended up some black knight, but details.

Just now, Dayni said:

Yet that doesn't make sense from your LP now, so let's make something up:

Your character snaps, turns on the "useless" units in your army and runs away, hunting down the voices which sound similar to the forumites, who you start hunting down. We'll say you used a stat booster on the way to finding me early on.

Hwahahahahah... Wait, but if I turned on the "useless" units, that would mean something like, Missival. Certainly not Derrick! Derrick is the objectively best option against the final boss, he's not weak!

Just now, Dayni said:

I still don't know how I ended up some black knight, but details.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it once more: This is why you changing profile pictures every two seconds is bad. If I recall correctly, your profile pic was the Death Knight back then, and that's why I made you look like him. But then you changed it, so now it makes no sense. Damn you!!

Just now, Sooks said:

Lol imagine remembering any SoV music that isn’t the final map theme :’)

lol imagine getting far enough to hear the final map theme of SoV

This post was made by the "I hate half of the FE series" gang.

...Honestly though, that theme rocks.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This post was made by the "I hate half of the FE series" gang.

95% of fans, and if you stuck them all in one gang they would all be dead on the floor the next morning.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Certainly nothing compared to Berkut's battle theme. Whatever he is as a character, I'll take it in exchange for that.

Ok but i did specify generic boss theme.

Berkut's isn't generic, i agree that The Scions' Dance in Purgatory is 1000% based.

And honestly, as far as generic boss themes go, i think Sacred Stones has it the best. Birthright and Conquest have it pretty damn good too (i'm pretty sure they play on each other's route but that's not what it's labeled as in the thumbnail).

But it's still just so hilarious how unnecessarily hard SoV's generic boss theme goes.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TRS's generic boss theme, definitely. I mean, c'mon, that sounds like it'd be a major boss theme in a different game.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I don't hear it. It's actually pretty unmemorable to me.

I've forgotten every TRS song actually. Except Holmes' map theme, the grating still haunts me.

Don't take this the wrong way tho, Fire Emblem generally had lackluster OSTs for the longest time.

........that sounds like a tierlist in the making (get it, sounds? Because you listen to music?.....Alright i'll leave).

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lol imagine remembering any SoV music that isn’t the final map theme :’)

Sooks. Bro. Say what you will about SoV, i know you ain't slandering the soundtrack.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hwahahahahah... Wait, but if I turned on the "useless" units, that would mean something like, Missival. Certainly not Derrick! Derrick is the objectively best option against the final boss, he's not weak!

I said you'd snapped, it makes total sense that in that state you'd go after the actual "useless" characters instead of or as well as those you'd argue are useless.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've said it a million times and I'll say it once more: This is why you changing profile pictures every two seconds is bad. If I recall correctly, your profile pic was the Death Knight back then, and that's why I made you look like him. But then you changed it, so now it makes no sense. Damn you!!

It probably wasn't the death knight, I certainly don't remember picking DK ever. It might have been that one Heroes fan comic with BK in it that I picked a panel from.

The barrel wasn't the best attempt to fix something, huh?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

........that sounds like a tierlist in the making (get it, sounds? Because you listen to music?.....Alright i'll leave).

Mae intensifies

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And honestly, as far as generic boss themes go, i think Sacred Stones has it the best.

Ergh... Sorry, I don't see it. Powerful Foe is great, but I've always found this one to be extremely bleh. Glad it doesn't play after the first stretch of earlygame losers. And... y'know, Gheb. It does suit Gheb, I'll give it that much!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Birthright and Conquest have it pretty damn good too (i'm pretty sure they play on each other's route but that's not what it's labeled as in the thumbnail).

I hesitate to call anything Fates's generic boss theme, because their boss themes are divided into factions, so you'll be hearing all of them all over the game.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The barrel wasn't the best attempt to fix something, huh?

If you want, I can just consider you "barrel" from here on out, no matter what you make your profile picture.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Generic boss theme?

Generic boss theme

I was listening to this just an hour or so ago if that.😅 Well, the GBA version, a community fan list of the "top 50 GBA games" on site didn't put the OGs in it, which was disappoint, which meant I got a craving for the original GBA Trombe! and then proceeded to Arrow of Destiny as a "let me listen to the GBA renditions again" mood.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

YExklmS.png

FE's music biggest problem imo is that most enemy phase themes absolutely suck ass

I would bother quibbling ranks, but not today.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

If you want, I can just consider you "barrel" from here on out, no matter what you make your profile picture.

While writing the last I had just thought of that one character in Bleach who's wearing a wooden helmet over their face to hide their identity. I giggled that it fit the pic because they turn out to be a dog.

Part of me wonders if it'd work, but there's already Buckethead, I'd be just taking their shtick as autistic person wears object on head.

fire-emblem-games-with-three-houses-4012

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FE's music biggest problem imo is that most enemy phase themes absolutely suck ass

True and you know what? I legitimately do not count enemy phase when ranking the OST. They are so bad i forget they exist.

Radiant Dawn is based for getting rid of enemy phase music (before the following games brought it back and it wasn't until Three Houses that they dropped it again).

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Powerful Foe is great

It is. That guitar riff at the start is just *chef's kiss*.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hesitate to call anything Fates's generic boss theme, because their boss themes are divided into factions, so you'll be hearing all of them all over the game.

Yeah, Fates is lacking in the generic boss department since most bosses are just characters from the other side. But it's the closest thing.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I wish i could do that, but they are so bad they are immersion breaking sometimes.

At least enemy phase skip is a thing........in the newer games.