Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hey @Interdimensional Observer you know when i said there was a Baten Kaitos cheat code that dumps every Magnus into your inventory? Well, i was wrong. All it did was just complete the Magnus dex.

I guess in hindsight, "All Magnus Gathered" was referring to that and not "it will give you every Magnus".

Welp, time to grind Sacred Wines. I think i'll have Lydue do it since his setup is the simplest out of everyone.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

8 is the only one I've played, but it was a very fun time.

8 was my first Mario game period.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Holy smokes, physical copies of 2 are fetching over a hundred dollars on Ebay. Must the be Smash bros exposure.

That and NA copies are out of print. Don't know why they're out of print but they are.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If only Ninty would actually let you play with people online.

Is it too much optimism to hope that when the inevitablle N64 Online comes, it'll have Mario Party 1-3 with online play?

Just now, Benice said:

Wow! I picked up a physical copy on sale at a Best Buy in december. Looks like I made the right choice to get it while it was on sale!

I thought you downloaded it? I knew you downloaded Torna but i didn't know you bought 2 physically.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I thought you downloaded it? I knew you downloaded Torna but i didn't know you bought 2 physically.

I have a no memory.

But it WAS on sale at two seperate stores at the mall, we just got it digital because there was fifteen minutes left on the sale.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Event as in game mode only available for limited time. For example a christmas game mode, a spring one, etc...

A game usually lasts 30 minutes to an hour

This sounds kind of like in Mario Party 1, where at one point all your stars are stolen and you have to play a game on the newly unlocked Eternal Star stage before you can play any other stage. Except like a lot more obnoxious. I mean, that event was just a 1 time deal. Afterwards you never have to worry about the game locking away content ever again.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Scarcity driving up prices be like that, unfortunately.

glares at Path of Radiance at $300

Path of Radiance at least has the excuse of being a 16-year old game.

Xenoblade 2 came out in 2017. And it's only NA copies that have gone out of print so i really don't know what's going on.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

So much optimism

Hahahaha.

Pain.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I have a no memory.

But it WAS on sale at two seperate stores at the mall, we just got it digital because there was fifteen minutes left on the sale.

Mandela effect moment.

36 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

A Mario Party.

The palms of how many hopeful players have you scared, that attempted to reach the end of Mini-Game Island?

Seriously, how did the developers themselves play those games? Pedal Power in particular is notable because there are no AI opponents, just an invisible timer indicated by the Boo. They must have noticed that you can't beat that game without wrecking your palm.

Fun fact Nintendo was sued due to that notorious damage the N64 did to kids palms thanks to minigames like that, and for a while were required to ship protective gloves to N64 owners that requested them

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

The music is so good...

Video not available

---

PoR copies at 300USD!? Maybe I should sell mine...

And even then, it helped that the music went a long way making this feel exiting.

Plus, the duel style Star gains. It all helped giving this a real final dungeon feel. At least as much as a party game like this can, I'd say.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, BrightBow said:

Except like a lot more obnoxious. I mean, that event was just a 1 time deal. Afterwards you never have to worry about the game locking away content ever again.

Well, the 2 normal game modes (free for all and 4 vs. Super boss) are available all the time in orange juice, the seasonal events are just extras that keep getting rotated

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Imagine if they just gave us virtual console on switch.

Never happening. Instead emulated for 60 bucks

It was rather cleverly done too. You could buy the Bowser's Magma Mountain stage, which was all Bowser themed and stuff and ended with Bowser being defeated. So you would likely expect that this was the game's "final stage".
But nope, at a certain point you return to the hub area just to find out that Bowser messed up the place, stole your shit and is now railroading you into playing his new board.

Edited by BrightBow

I played some more HSoS today, and....

What's better than a dancer lord?

TWO dancer lords!

Holy Sword of Silvanister. The follow up to Vestaria Saga 1. It's a very, very weird game. 

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

HSoS?

Holy Sword of Sylvanister. Another Kaga game on SRPG studio, I think.

Dancer Lord is such a nifty gimmick. I've always thought it'd be neat to have a Lord type character who was pure utility. Like, base class is a healer, and promotion gives something like refreshing or rally type ability.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Law of Equivalent Exchange. Heal the enemy for 500 HP in exchange for leveling up.

And here i thought the Yells were stinky but i guess there is one very niche use.

Oh wait repeatedly? Lol nvm, why would i do that?

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dancer Lord is such a nifty gimmick. I've always thought it'd be neat to have a Lord type character who was pure utility. Like, base class is a healer, and promotion gives something like refreshing or rally type ability.

I mean technically you could make the Three Houses Lords a Dancer. But they'd be very combat oriented so not pure utility like you're talking here.

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Law of Equivalent Exchange. Heal the enemy for 500 HP in exchange for leveling up.

And here i thought the Yells were stinky but i guess there is one very niche use.

Oh wait repeatedly? Lol nvm, why would i do that?

This made me laugh out loud and I barely even know the game.