Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

And there we go, Walmart is down.

I've changed my mind, if the rest of this game is this quick, I'm gonna finish it.

...Of course, chances are they'll drop a rout on me and I'll quit there, but while I can still pull funnies like this, I'll keep going.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Okay, look, I will give you this much: I am having fun trying to figure out the best way to 2-turn Walmart. At this point I'm just straight up speedrunning this game... Which might actually lead to me beating it. Which, in turn, means I've no arguments to put it below Path of Radiance... So it may just be saved from rock bottom.

Just saying.

Excuse me:

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've changed my mind, if the rest of this game is this quick, I'm gonna finish it.

...Of course, chances are they'll drop a rout on me and I'll quit there, but while I can still pull funnies like this, I'll keep going.

RIP Awakening.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jesus Christ you’re blitzing through this game, there’s like five chapters left. And those will probably all be one turned except for maybe endgame.

Oh yeah and that map with all the siege tome users.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Jesus Christ you’re blitzing through this game, there’s like five chapters left. And those will probably all be one turned except for maybe endgame.

Panne, man. When I get to the end I'll share her stats. I think the only units I've ever had in any FE that even compare are the ones in my sig. What an absurd fucking unit.

Oh, but can't forget Gregor, either. By himself he'd be second only to Virion in badness, but he serves as the perfect companion for Panne as she obliterates the world. Couldn't have done it without him!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But I praised Awakening, how can you be sad

I... I think I may be falling in love.

I know thee not, old man. Fall to thy prayers.

How ill white hairs become a fool and jester.

I have long dreamt of such a kind of man,

So surfeit-swelled, so old, and so profane;

But being awaked, I do despise my dream.

Make less thy body hence, and more thy grace;

Leave gormandizing. Know the grave doth gape

For thee thrice wider than for other men.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

I know thee not, old man. Fall to thy prayers.

How ill white hairs become a fool and jester.

I have long dreamt of such a kind of man,

So surfeit-swelled, so old, and so profane;

But being awaked, I do despise my dream.

Make less thy body hence, and more thy grace;

Leave gormandizing. Know the grave doth gape

For thee thrice wider than for other men.

Oh, hush, you. I am enjoying something about Awakening. Allow me that much in peace.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, can somebody tell me why the Gangrel chapter is rout and not kill boss?

Like, seriously. I murdered the king. Animations were forced on for the fight. The music stopped when he was struck. It was such a climatic end for the battle... If it had ended there, of course. But no, now I gotta weather the storm of generics. Thanks, Awakening. Love ya.

I know, right? Sure, the big climax is not taking down the big bad but instead dragging some random loyalist from under their bed or whatever.

This would be really dumb already. But they also really emphasized that most of Plegia was siding with Chrom (for some reason) and that the few forces under Gangrel were only kept under control by threatening their families. So there is really no point for this map to keep going on unless the ongoing slaughter of people who shouldn't be willing to fight anymore was meant to be important.

...Oh, so this is what you guys were talking about, Virion being important and all. Pfft... I like how Chrom says "we all know who you are, Virion." Except I don't. I still have no idea who this clown is supposed to be.

Yeah. Only thing he knows is that he likes to stalk and harass women in the dark. Grade A Shepherd material right there.
But then again, it's never made clear what the Shepherds are actually supposed to be. Chrom was just running around with 2 other people across the country side hunting bandits or whatever. When Lissa "introduced" us to the Shepherds, we only meet like 3 people. Maribelle was one of them, who you would think would consider participating in combat beneath here. So I would imagine it's basically just a club of Chrom's personal buddies.

So far, I must say, for as much as I'm shitting all over this game's story, I must respect one thing: It doesn't make bosses retreat. It would've been so easy to have Gangrel retreat and continue to be a useless pest for the rest of the story, but no. They stuck to their guns and killed him, early as though it may be. Kudos for that.

Didn't stop Validar from dying twice though. So far he is the Voxwald of this game.

Oh, all right, so Chrom just... sort of married Sully after they spoke once. Well, okay, sure. Whatever you say, Awakening.

I mean, they are childhood friends and all. Which you can tell by the fact that Chrom completely ignored her when she showed up back in chapter 1.
It's truly amazing if you consider that the game essentially pretends she is Chrom's Merric. But hey, can't expect Awakening to meet the high standards set by a 1990 NES game made by like 5 or so people.

Speaking of marriage, I also appreciate the fact that the game will just force a female avatar into a marriage at this point if she is Chrom's highest leveled support partner among the marriage candidates. They even already proven that they can give the player choices, but I suppose they wanted to only use that mechanic at points where it didn't matter what the player would say.

Edited by BrightBow

So I was going to head for the kitchen and prepare myself something to dine. Maybe some fried eggs, can't go wrong with that.

Then I looked back at the screen and Walmart had gotten curbstomped by Panne again.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Didn't stop Validar from dying twice though. So far he is the Voxwald of this game.

True, but still, the fact that he actually dies and the big bad has to pull magical shenanigans to bring him back is something I like. Sure, it's only one step above "I can't fall here", but in this series, and especially in the modern titles of this series? I will take it.

SHEELA GOT STRENGTH AGAIN!

5 Strength at Level 6 is kinda epic considering her base of like 2.

AND AGAIN! This is one blessed Sheela.

Edited by Spara

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Now this is interesting.

Indeed.

Although the game had to be canceled, Sonia Belmont cannot be allowed to exist! 

Seriously, Castlevania Legends, the third and final Game Boy game, was dropped from the timeline. The stated reason being conflict with the timeline as established in other games.

Another other likely reason Legends was dropped, was because it is heavily implied that Sonia and Alucard have feelings for each other. Furthermore, Trevor Belmont is very likely Sonia's child when you look at the chronology of things. This would mean during Dracula's Curse, Trevor allied with his dhampir father to defeat his vampire grandfather. No. The idea the Belmonts are related to their immortal enemy is/was treasonous to the fanbase. If the Netflix Castlevania animation wanted to sink itself at the last minute, that would be the thing to include.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, all of Panne's important stats are in the 30s.

Non-HP/Move class stat caps go as high as 45, 50 for Str and Def. Personal stat cap modifiers and the DLC-only Limit Breaker not included. Awakening's stat inflation at work. Fates realized it was excessive and lowered to 40 for Str & Def, 35 for everything else. Still higher than the Genealogy-GBA-PoR-DS norms of 30 at most, but better.

Oh, Sonia would've had another game? I wonder if the decision to drop Legends from the canon timeline also had to do with cancelling that game.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fates realized it was excessive and lowered to 40 for Str & Def, 35 for everything else

Note though that Class caps are usually much lower than 40 in Fates

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The distortion (is that what to call it?) is actually really unsettling here.

Maybe just because I’ve heard it so many times.

Edited by Sooks