• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is so fucking sad. The full extent of my moves for this map has been "move units to fort, wait." That's it. I'm winning with this. Even the boss is bringing himself to us. it's taking me longer to write this post than to beat the map.

This would be the most appropriate timeline for Grima to turn over.

But I guess you’re not there yet.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, yes. Lucina.

...I've literally never used her--

Well when everyone has 88280/7:07:063979 defense when she first joins, it would be a less appealing prospect. But she was basically Chrom 2.0, who was already soloing the game, and I gave her one of the best husbands, Robin. And her design isn’t not attractive.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, to slay a god time. What do I have to do here?

...Straight line to Aversa 2: Electric Boogaloo. It's slightly less straight this time, but... yeah.

The real god slaying is the enemy attempting to slay Panne.

We already know how it will go, but they tried.

Well, I just checked, and unfortunately, you really do absolutely need spotpass to get the paralogues. I would've stopped to pick up Gangrel, but I suppose it just wasn't to be.

Fine, then. Endgame time. Let's wrap this up quick and then I can give my final impressions.

"If Chrom lets fall the final blow, Grima shall survive, but return to his slumber..."

"if Edgy Kabba strikes in Chrom's stead, both her life and Grima's are forever over."

Ahahaha...

Hahahahaha!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

God dies today.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"If Chrom lets fall the final blow, Grima shall survive, but return to his slumber..."

"if Edgy Kabba strikes in Chrom's stead, both her life and Grima's are forever over."

Ahahaha...

Hahahahaha!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

God dies today.

What is your meaning here? Will Edgy Kabba do it?

Edited by Sooks

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, people here like to dunk on you for being way too persistent, but...

...Yeah. You're 100% right. This game is awful. Amazingly so, but awful nonetheless.

I almost commented this early in your run, but the best way to deal with the highest difficulties of this game is to just let the Avatar snowball into a god and practically solo the game. You are doing a slight variation on the best Awakening strategy.

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I definitely remembered Awakening having more rout maps than it does apparently.

Not like it really matters most of the time when unless you're trying to be quick there's little point not to.

Sounds like you are mostly remembering the early game, as a vast majority of those are rout. Its actually surprisingly close to half rout, and half boss kill, with 2 boss kill maps in the first half of the game...

Hey, so uh... Serious question. The whole "finish Grima with Chrom or Edgy Kabba" thing, is it in the gameplay or is it another dumb cutscene choice? Because if it's in the gameplay, we may have... a problem. Edgy Kabba cannot damage Grima, and well, Chrom's... Chrom.

Just now, Sooks said:

What is your meaning here? Will Edgy Kabba do it?

I thought she was the only one who could, but she can't damage Grima either... This might be bad.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sounds like you are mostly remembering the early game, as a vast majority of those are rout. Its actually surprisingly close to half rout, and half boss kill, with 2 boss kill maps in the first half of the game...

It still doesn't quite feel that way to me.

Ah well.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahaha...

Hahahahaha!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

God dies today.

I mean, if you remember, this is the game where gameplay story integration doesn't exist.

But sure, why not?

I pulled similar in my first playthrough with Robin as a low level mage. Because, say it with me, I am not bright.

Screenshot_868.png

Hey, buddy, mind if I take your PRF? I promise I'll give it back next game. Definitely.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I mean, if you remember, this is the game where gameplay story integration doesn't exist.

Does this mean Panne can kill God?

Please tell me that's the case, because otherwise I'm softlocked.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, so uh... Serious question. The whole "finish Grima with Chrom or Edgy Kabba" thing, is it in the gameplay or is it another dumb cutscene choice? Because if it's in the gameplay, we may have... a problem. Edgy Kabba cannot damage Grima, and well, Chrom's... Chrom.

You will get the choice after the battle is over.

So it's just the matter of deciding in which particular flavor you want everyone to kiss your ass before the credits.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

The only game where the MC has to kill the final boss is RD iirc.

Good, then we stand a chance. Not a great one, because Edgy Kabba dies to everything, but a chance.

This will be a battle of sacrifice. To buy Panne time to become a Godkiller, I will need to deploy as many units as I can so that they may die instead of Edgy Kabba.

So yeah, everyone, goodbye. And thank you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought she was the only one who could, but she can't damage Grima either... This might be bad.

They set themselves up perfectly for gameplay story integration and then had it be a random story choice like the Emmeryn one except this time it semi matters.

Kill the boss with whoever you want in gameplay. Then make sure to have Chrom kill them in story for the bad ending.

I mean unless you want the good ending, but Ruben. You can’t even really laugh at it in your save file since everyone is dead you won’t be drowned in avatar worship.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This will be a battle of sacrifice. To buy Panne time to become a Godkiller, I will need to deploy as many units as I can so that they may die instead of Edgy Kabba.

So yeah, everyone, goodbye. And thank you.

Excelemblem strats xD

...no, wait, hold up a moment.

I CAN BENCH EDGY KABBA.

I CAN JUST BENCH EDGY KABBA.

YES.

AWAKENING STUPIDITY FOR THE WIN.

Chrom can hide behind Flavia. IT'S PERFECT! IT'S GREAT! YES!!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

They set themselves up perfectly for gameplay story integration and then had it be a random story choice like the Emmeryn one except this time it semi matters.

I'm glad they didn't, otherwise I couldn't finish the game. It has sucked all the way through, only fitting that the finale would be a hodgepodge of awful design and wasted opportunities.