Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Caster said:

I Became My Own Lover and Married Myself ~ Tale of a Lone Boy Looking for Love in Places Unknown
There's your anime title

upcoming #1 jp ln winner entry or something xD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

About to face off against the final opponent in the Moon Cell Holy Grail War: the Knight of the Sun, Gawain. One of the strongest among the Knights of the Round Table, oft depicted as the shining example of knighthood. I'm admittedly a bit nervous.

Ganbatte!

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The same time we get a new F-Zero game and Pikmin 4.

No, seriously. The original Yoshi's Island is still one of the best platformers of all time.

Edited by twilitfalchion

*EMIYA intensifies*

4rscav2.png

It's done!
With Rho Aias no-selling his Excalibur Galatine and thus robbed of his strongest trump card, the Knight of the Sun is ultimately defeated in the reality marble of Unlimited Blade Works. Can you believe Gawain used his Noble Phantasm no less than four times during the fight? And it was blocked each and every time in what I like to call the ultimate humiliation technique.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No, seriously. The original Yoshi's Island is still one of the best platformers of all time.

Umu umu

With one of the most unique mechanics and most kick ass soundtracks in any platformer.

Modern Yoshi games are just... ugh. Especially in the soundtrack department

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

how did we go to that from

Which is the ''Yoshi introduction'' Track

hey. That track could fit right in with FE4.

c7205e9a0deeb1baaf562ae385acc5e6.gif

Yoshi's Island did Mario Galaxy first

Edited by Shrimperor

24 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I still need to finish it. 

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

garbage

IMG_20200605_141552.jpg

Yoshi's New Island OST is a violation of the Genevea Convention.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200605_141552.jpg

The Woolly world ost is ZZZ inducing as well

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I still need to finish it. 

So do I, but what I've played so far has been spectacular.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200605_141552.jpg

Indeed.

I want to finally 100% it...

100% is Very very very hard to do though. All red coins, all Flowers and Full health every freaking level. I don't even know how to do no damage against majority of the bosses lol

Last time i played a bit i got a 98 on a lvl. Wanted to throw my switch away xD

When i played it as a kid i didn't care about the scores at all haha

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The Woolly world ost is ZZZ inducing as well

No see, it's actually genius here. You see, wool is obtained from sheep. And sheep is commonly associated with sleep (count sheep to go to sleep). So Wooly World's OST being sleep inducing is actually thematic genius.

The best thing to come out of Wooly World is the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo tbh.

Just now, Armagon said:

No see, it's actually genius here. You see, wool is obtained from sheep. And sheep is commonly associated with sleep (count sheep to go to sleep). So Wooly World's OST being sleep inducing is actually thematic genius.

The best thing to come out of Wooly World is the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo tbh.

377110562116468766.png?v=1

I see you saw that one RegretEra thread as well xD

Something like ''Woolly world music actually good''. I was like wtf

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I see you saw that one RegretEra thread as well xD

Oh was there something similar there? Cause i was just being funny.

Meanwhile, i have literally zero (0) Yoshi's Crafted World music. Actually, i think the game doesn't exist.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh was there something similar there? Cause i was just being funny.

It was like last year or something i was visiting there to check for news and i found some peeps praising the music lul xD

Edited by Shrimperor

29 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The same way they sold us the same 2D Mario game four times and called it "new"?

Tbf, New Super Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros Wii, i'd argue are different enough. NSMB Wii felt like an expansion of what was set in place in NSMB. Hell, i consider NSMB Wii peak 2D Mario. It was after NSMB Wii that they started copy-pasting the series (but i'll admit, NSMB 2 was fun in it's own right).

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hell, i consider NSMB Wii peak 2D Mario.

I would agree. Wii is my favorite "New" game. Although it still feels a bit stale to me considering that, apart from the addition of multiplayer, there was little innovation or new ideas in NSMBW compared to the first "New" game on DS.

Small XCX Log:

Spoiler

Turns out I could've gotten the Zaruboggans to emigrate last chapter, but I didn't have 50% on the Noctilum survey, so I missed the chance. Chapter 8 changes a lot of little NPC chatter in NLA, so I might have missed out on some precious little tidbits. I got 'em now at least.

Did a cursory run over Sylvalum to the entrance of Cauldros, completing two quests at the Nopon caravan because they were there. I'm going to leisurely explore both regions before getting the Flight Module after Chapter 9, because I want the Wrothians and Six Stars to fill that last empty AM slot.

I died a few times in Sylvalum. Once to the first Xe-dom while I was on-foot because someone aggroed it as it was floating by. Two times to a level 60 Zig atop Xanadu Outlook, I was gutsy and wanted to see the scenic view, so I tried fighting it while 20 levels below it on foot, OHKO'ed. But Zigs don't have melee attacks, if I could Virus it as did to a later Zig at my level in Sylvalum, that would've shut it down entirely. Once to a 45 Sylooth I attempted on foot because I had won against some 30s ones, not sure why I lost, but Ghost Factory present in the prior instances and absent here might have be a reason. And the last time was to an Ovis at my level, a small group of basically Miran sheep- that was emasculating and it only happened because I wasn't in Overdrive and thought I could handled it, I'm really dependent on OD now for victory, but if I have it, anything realistic is possible.

Cross finished Full Metal Jaguar and has gone Partisan Eagle now. I got bored of the KnifexRaygun combo, although it was fun, so I swapped the Raygun for Dual Guns. It's reliant on Screamer for my purple art, and it lacks a bit of crowd-clearing powers of KnifexRaygun, but Ghostwalker and Executioner are great gains.

Also, I checked to see my Affinity with everyone at this point in the game, for comparison with the glacial XC1. There are 18 characters Cross has to bond with, but I don't think this matters as much as there being no Affinity to build up between other characters like in XC1.

So far, just before I begin Chapter 9 with no-HtHs completed, I have 4 Hearts with Elma, Lin, and Lao. Everyone else except the newly recruited Nagi (and the yet to join Celica and Mia) has 2, which could be higher on some and lower on others were it not for my equal opportunity constant character rotating. 2 Hearts isn't great for HtHs, but it means I can get about half of the Signature Arts for Cross, and thats nice.

---

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Cross that one off the list of games I was interested in.

I played the first's DS port, and the games do get only better in the gameplay department I'm informed as the franchise goes on, but I didn't like it, it was disappointing actually. The main story doesn't demand a ton of grinding and could call for actual strategy. But the postgame is basically all grind for stupidly high numbers that exist only for the sake of higher numbers. Disgaea is not from this earth, it's from the Heaven of Hardcore Grinders, only they need apply for it.

The story for the first game is alright though, I once saw someone say it's the best in the franchise, a balance of touches of seriousness with a lot of farce.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

the Knight of the Sun, Gawain

Hm? The one piece of the Arthurian canon I've read- Le Morte D'Arthur- had Gawain enchanted to grow stronger as the sun rises, and thus weaken as the sun goes past noon.

--

I have Yoshi's Island on my 3DS as part of the old "Ambassador Program" free titles, but I dropped it because of a certain enemy I still have a childhood aversion to. I'd like to think myself above pettiness, but here I say this.

On the NSMB front, I never finished any's 8th world except NSMB2, much less the special world, I made it to the last stage in each game however, and I had fun nonetheless. I did like New Super Luigi U, the time limits were a thrill.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer