Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

54 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, that was actually really good. It was a bit surprising to hear lyrics with that theme but I think it fits pretty well actually. Thanks for sharing.

I thought you might like it. I'm really partial to the lyrical covers on that channel (I've said it before), so every once in a while... when the situation makes sense, I throw out one I particularly enjoy. Because I apparently can't help but shill other people's work constantly.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay my so far review of Atelier Ryza, keep in mind I'm not too far yet so yeah.

The battle system: for being pretty simple, I enjoy it quite a bit, not too complicated, not too difficult. Runs at amazing speed (no lag). Leveling up is at a good pace, and getting good equipment isnt hard or boring at all, to make things easier.

The alchemy: this is where the game really shines: the customization for everything is crazy. I feel like I have so much influence over a lot of different things! I really like this idea, and wished it were present in most games. Best parts, getting something new feels rewarding. I cant stress how important this is. I hate going all this way to get something and I wasted my time, that's not the case here!

The exploration: again this is kinda basic, but the controls respond well, and you move at a good speed so it doesnt take too long. Gathering materials is actually kinda fun and isnt tedious work like most games.

As far as the story/characters go, I cant judge yet since I'm not *that* far yet. But they pretty good so far.thats my opinion on things so far, though! Worth playing so far, for sure!

Edited by lightcosmo

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Atelier Meruru - Nefertiti - Because nothing says "cute girls do cute alchemy things" like friggin' Speed Metal.

TIl that's the final boss theme haha

i always thought it's a special boss one or something xD

Good collection 😄

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

Wow, Julian Teehee, you must have balls of steel because in certain circles what you’ve just said would be considered ‘heresy’ and people would send the Black Templars to ‘redeem’ you from the maws of madness.

I will add on it: Persona as a series shouldn't have existed 😛

Thanks to it every JRPG tries to do the school thing

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, you really want me to never continue Trails

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Shrimperor, are you doing alright? I just want to say that no matter what happens, we’re here for you. I just want to let you know that you’re not alone.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Although the rap/hip hop stuff in X is kinda... eeeeh.

It really is an aquired taste. I don't blame you for feeling that way. 

Despite all though, when the inevitable Xenoblade X2 rolls around, they should still keep Sawano as the composer. Xenoblade X having music like in Xenoblade 1 and 2/Torna would not fit at all (and vice versa). 

4 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Persona 4 had a boring cast overall

Persona 4 cast is just the Mystery Inc but if they weren't as good at being friends with each other.

I have not played Persona 4, i have like zero opinion on the main cast other than i'd probably want to set Teddie on fire.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Technically, Xenosaga Episode I doesn't really have much in the ways of music.

Mitsuda fell asleep with this game, i swear.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

The alchemy: this is where the game really shines: the customization for everything is crazy. I feel like I have so much influence over a lot of different things! I really like this idea, and wished it were present in most games. Best parts, getting something new feels rewarding. I cant stress how important this is. I hate going all this way to get something and I wasted my time, that's not the case here!

Yeah Atelier is like, king of item crafting. No other franchise comes close. The closest i can think of is Rune Factory 4 and even there, i feel like the item crafting pales in comparison to what Atelier can do.

That being said, both franchises have similar vibes. If you like Atelier, you'll probably like Rune Factory and vice-versa. 

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Credit where credit is due, Persona 2 is about actual adults.

Edited by Armagon

30 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Shrimperor, are you doing alright? I just want to say that no matter what happens, we’re here for you. I just want to let you know that you’re not alone.

i thought you off all people would understand me, drunk-chan ;_;

But my distaste for ln school setting in games is quite known, i just try to keep it off this Thread to not bring all the world's negativity here xD

For me games are all about the adventure and exploring stuff i can't do in real life

and not stuff i hated doing in real life with some mystery on the side

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i thought you off all people would understand me, drunk-chan ;_;

But my distaste for ln school setting in games is quite known, i just try to keep it off this Thread to not bring all the world's negativity here xD

For me games are all about the adventure and exploring stuff i can't do in real life

and not stuff i hated doing in real life with some mystery on the side

I do understand you Shrimp-chan. I just want to make sure that you’re not depressed or considering anything to rash in your actions.

I don't remember.
My rule with this game is "I will not play it if people are talking about it."

Because I like to go into games unbiased, and with zero opinion, so when people keep saying it's the best game to exist and I get disappointed at many parts of it I get agitated.

Like how Xenoblade is the best game ever but I don't like it's combat, quest system, + more, but I went into 2 with no expectations and had fun with it and finished it.

Just now, Caster said:

I don't remember.

Because I like to go into games unbiased, and with zero opinion, so when people keep saying it's the best game to exist and I get disappointed at many parts of it I get agitated.

That's understandable. I've had that happen to me multiple times where I simply didn't like a game that had been so hyped.

*Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask intensify*

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's understandable. I've had that happen to me multiple times where I simply didn't like a game that had been so hyped.

Yea.
And considering THIS game is THE game everyone refused to shut up about so much around me it gave me visible agitation, that doesn't help.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I just thought it was fair to mention not *all* of them got music right.

I've only played Xenoblade 2, and I liked the music in that one. And I liked the stuff Armagon and the others posted, as well.

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

TIl that's the final boss theme haha

i always thought it's a special boss one or something xD

Good collection 😄

Well, in all technicality, that's the final boss theme for one of the endings, so maybe it doesn't really count (but I included the two from SMTIV, so...).

Thanks! ^^

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I'll say, it does get a bit dull if every game does it.

Though I also have to say that I found one JRPG that really made it work for me: Blue Reflection, because that game deals a lot with psychological issues of people (mostly girls, but most are universally applicable) at high school age, usually as a direct result of school life in and of itself, so the setting makes sense. Also, you never do any actual school stuff.
But I am also heavily biased towards this game, so YMMV.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I've had that happen to me multiple times where I simply didn't like a game that had been so hyped.

Same. If I say which game this applies to for me, I'm going to get crucified, so I won't.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

Yea.
And considering THIS game is THE game everyone refused to shut up about so much around me it gave me visible agitation, that doesn't help.

I'll better keep my mouth shut about Nights of Azure then.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I'll better keep my mouth shut about Nights of Azure then.

Oh you're fine, you're the only person who's played this game.

9 minutes ago, Caster said:

How did you get into Fate xD

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I do understand you Shrimp-chan. I just want to make sure that you’re not depressed or considering anything to rash in your actions.

You sure have a wild imagination, Drunk-chan

Ease up on the booze a bit 😉

Oh, this kind of talk.

Personally, I'm someone who's drive runs in part because of spoilers. So never shy away of talking about stuff I don't know about, even if you have to put in spoiler tags for everyone else. I form my own opinion of things, so I don't really mind much if you hype it up. After all, I might end up liking it too! If not... well, then I didn't. No harm.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Same. If I say which game this applies to for me, I'm going to get crucified, so I won't.

Now you've caught my interest, but I won't ask. I understand preferring to keep that to yourself.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll say, it does get a bit dull if every game does it.

Open-world games in general suffer from this, trying to take so much from each other that they end up being too similar. Even BotW (as much as I love that game) has issues with the world being a bit barren and lifeless.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

Yea.

...I...I couldn’t save them...

Just now, Shrimperor said:

When xD

You act like I've always been around here, and like I didn't leave SF and most other sites for two years, since I realized I was a piece of shit for like 2 years, so.
And my friends finally listened to me, for once.

8 minutes ago, Caster said:

Oh you're fine, you're the only person who's played this game.

That hurts.
But it's not untrue, either.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Now you've caught my interest, but I won't ask. I understand preferring to keep that to yourself.

Thanks for the consideration!
But honestly, it's not that big a deal. I just feel bad talking negatively about someone else's favorite game. Especially if that person happens to be someone I consider a friend, online or not.
No it's not Trails in the Sky.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

When xD

I haven't talked about Fate once since finishing Fate/Extra, so I plead innocence. XD

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Open-world games in general suffer from this, trying to take so much from each other that they end up being too similar. Even BotW (as much as I love that game) has issues with the world being a bit barren and lifeless.

I haven't played too many open-world games, but from what I've seen, they all seem to be fairly similar to each other.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I was talking about the Internet in general not SF tbh xD

The internet never shuts up about Fate haha

It's easier when you didn't expose yourself to anything about it prior.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thanks for the consideration!
But honestly, it's not that big a deal. I just feel bad talking negatively about someone else's favorite game. Especially if that person happens to be someone I consider a friend.
No it's not Trails in the Sky.

No problem. That's considerate of you to think that way.

I wonder if FE4, FE15, and FE6 fans get tired of me talking negatively about those games as well. I mean, I don't hate any FE game actually. I just have more issues with those games than the others.

Edited by twilitfalchion