Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Rune Factory is basically a life-sim game, kinda like Animal Crossing, except it's actually good. It's basically just Story of Seasons/Stardew Valley but with a fantasy RPG twist to it. You farm, raise animals, craft items and food, interact with the townsfolk and eventually marry one of the bachelorettes (or bachelors if you're playing Rune Factory 4, as that was the first game to have a female player character from the start). 

Well it is common knowledge that FF13 is a trilogy. I wouldn't say i hate it, i just rarely hear good things about it.

So it's a bit more complicated than Atelier, huh. 

I'm saying good things about it! I don't count? 😪

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

At least now I know for sure that Dragon Quest, despite the name indicating otherwise, is not for me.

Well a Devil Axe either works or it doesn't. Hocus Pocus is just complete chance. So many effects but will you be lucky?

@Shrimperor didn't give my Fate incarnation an E-rank in Luck for nothing.
(for clarification: an E is the worst a stat in Fate can get).

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hocus Pocus is just complete chance. So many effects but will you be lucky?

Sounds pretty jank to me. But then again I play FE, a series where every level up and attack is RNG based, so....

Edited by twilitfalchion

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, I'm actually not alone in thinking that.

One of us. One of us.

I think what bothers me a lot about Animal Crossing is how it feels like a mobile game. The kind that you check throughout the day as opposed to spending $60 for a game you'll forget about in a month. I also hate the lack of actual goals but maybe other people find appeal in that.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

all the talk of hocus pocus reminds me of competitive smash traction to it

sip.gif

Ah yes, i remember when the Smash scene was unironically trying to ban Hero.

He's not even that good lmao.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So it's a bit more complicated than Atelier, huh. 

Mmm not exactly. As far as combat goes, Rune Factory is very button mashy but it's also surface level. It's kinda like Zelda in that sense. Crafting is also not as deep as Atelier's. 

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm saying good things about it! I don't count? 

You count of course. I'm just saying the majority don't have many positive feelings about Final Fantasy.

I'm not interested in Final Fantasy in general so i personally don't really have a horse in this race tbh.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sounds pretty jank to me. But then again I play FE, a series where every level up and attack is RNG based, so....

It's just supposed to be a stupid fun spell that literally does random bullshit, unless you're feeling lucky I would never use it.

Just now, Wraith said:

...My girlfriend is watching a video about a show where people get engaged after knowing each other after a week. Emperor help me...

They made a show about Fire Emblem?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mmm not exactly. As far as combat goes, Rune Factory is very button mashy but it's also surface level. It's kinda like Zelda in that sense. Crafting is also not as deep as Atelier's. 

You count of course. I'm just saying the majority don't have many positive feelings about Final Fantasy.

I'm not interested in Final Fantasy in general so i personally don't really have a horse in this race tbh.

Oh, alrighty then. So then the concept is the same?

I waa joking, of course. It has its flaws of course, like any other series does. 

KH is no different really. (I'm just there for Aqua at this point) but I'm curious as to why you really dislike it.

Just now, Wraith said:

...My girlfriend is watching a video about a show where people get engaged after knowing each other after a week. Emperor help me...

That's crap reality TV for you.

Just now, Armagon said:

They made a show about Fire Emblem?

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, alrighty then. So then the concept is the same?

No, the concepts are still different. But Rune Factory and Atelier have similar vibes.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

KH is no different really. (I'm just there for Aqua at this point) but I'm curious as to why you really dislike it.

I meme dislike it, i don't actually hate FF13. In truth, i don't really care for it, i just like making fun it as a joke (but even then, i hardly do).

I meme dislike it, i don't actually hate FF13. In truth, i don't really care for it, i just like making fun it as a joke (but even then, i hardly do).

But alot of people say its combat is really good, and I concur with that statement. Of course, I'm not sure how much you know about the game, either.

Just now, Wraith said:

Ha ha ha ha ha, oh Shrimperor, you and your jokes that come dangerously close to being heresy.

This is no heresy, this is reality!

Wake up, drunk-chan, Your Emperor is long since dead! Only i rule as a sole Emperor now!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This is no heresy, this is reality!

Wake up, drunk-chan, Your Emperor is long since dead! Only i rule as a sole Emperor now!

Ah ha ha ha ha ha, oh Shrimpy-kun!

*Loading bullets into his bolter pistol*

Edited by Wraith