• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Like with 3H, where male Byleth has the vastly better design but female Byleth's still the more popular option.

That's because Female Byleth is the objectively better choice, as I discussed here before.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

That's because Female Byleth is the objectively better choice, as I discussed here before.

Yeah but the average player doesn't really care about that.

Most people who pick female Byleth are either women themselves or are picking her because girl.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whilst there is an influx of Asian (and Polynesian?) immigrants to the country now, and the Aborigines have always been there, modern Australia was founded as an Anglophile country. Always part of the socio-economic "Global North", though it be the land down in the geographic under. It is peculiar, without the American international ego and clout that divorces it more cleanly from Europe. (Although, as a random factoid, Australia has the largest average house size in the world, followed by the US, and then Canada, Anglophone former colonies like to housespread.)

Australia also had a closer tie to a European nation in more modern times, seeing as it's in the Commonwealth and a bit more open on it compared to Canada.

I'd also mention timezones, but that doesn't stop Australians apparently and they have to watch the final on Sunday mornings.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Most people who pick female Byleth are either women themselves or are picking her because girl.

Or because gameplay, like me (DaB and Instant Sylvain).

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Or because gameplay, like me (DaB and Instant Sylvain).

Yes, that's the thing the average player isn't thinking about when picking female Byleth.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe there's also the novelty factor still fresh? Alice is after all only the third female player character of the series, despite 5 being the seventh game.

True, I do remember always picking Kris back in ye olde Pokemon Crystal. Although Gold was and still is cool to me (not the HG/SS update though).

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll add the fourth and most likely option: because it's the female option. We see this with FE and Pokemon avatars but there tends to be this thought that male avatars are lame and boring while female avatars are cute and/or hot.

The male avatar could have the most badass design and people would still pick the female avatar because girl.

Maybe there is something slightly "empowering" in a female option as well. Female main protagonists have increased greatly in number compared to decades past, but males do still have, at a barest minimum, the perception of predominance.

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Like with 3H, where male Byleth has the vastly better design but female Byleth's still the more popular option.

How about I throw Fyleth in the fires of creation for you? She'll come out alive and reborn! And might I as well take Myleth too, I'm sure he could be touched up. Don't worry, I know where the flames of primordial origin are, I think, maybe, I could be wrong thinking the heat that shaped the universe's foundations is secretly tucked away in a oil drum down a dark and empty alley.

Do I lIke any default appearance FE avatar visually? Robin is drab, but realistically very acceptable. Kris... the official versions make them look like someone wanted to clone Marth, but was in over their heads, and failed miserably, they will die in eight months at the rapid premature aging age of 75. Corrin has a few nice aspects, but the whole isn't great.

With Awakening I went with a female Robin because I foolishly expected that only the female characters were going to be complete jokes.

I went with Male Corrin in Fates because it's telling how bad things got when even the player self-insert has to constantly show off her ass during every animation.
Also because Corrin being a piece of shit was a settled affair ever since IS revealed their molestation minigame. So I figured I might as well pick the one who is responsible for the "Please treasure yourself more" line.

Edited by BrightBow

The new Event Quest for Rise is a Rank 7 quest to hunt an Apex Azuros. Considering the actual Apex Azuros quest was already Rank 7, this feels like a bit of a waste.

But anyway, I'm really glad that the reward this week is something more substantial then the previous stickers and therelike.

Edited by BrightBow

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, I hear Yakuza has QTEs for the most random shit. There's one QTE where all you do is send a text message.

I'd say that, off the top of my head, only Yakuza 5 has random overworld/story QTEs without warning, (mostly part 4) and this one part of Y0 where they have that card QTE.

Most QTEs are limited to bossfights.

Edited by Benice

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Reminds me of Robert Jordan, whom was diagnosed with a fatal illness before he was close enough to finish his massive Wheel of Time series of books, and made sure he had notes and a successor (Brandon Sanderson) to finish it.

Welcome back @The Roger The Paladin, just out of curiosity, any plans for that LP you were working on?

I admit, I kind of forgot the plan I had for the next map, and my pun game isn't quite normal. But it'd be a crime to leave a Caeda that good waiting forever. So I do intend to get back to it. I also want to catch up on a few LPs I've been reading. That said, the thrice daily steam baths to try and fix my lung are eating up part of my day right now, so I might still be a bit slow.

fjMjbPK.png

Oh boy

Defence Mission against Imperial Dragon squads AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And the Princess is with a suspicous old man

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Milanor, i know you max'd already and all, and this is a waste of EXP and MVP points, but you are my hope here....

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

CzKbQXB.png

F for Gordon

I know it's how they represent WT A/D, but it's hilarious that it looks like they're in speech boxes.

"Triangle is best!"

"Circle is superior!" *Activates Genocide*

"D-damn you...!"

Edited by Acacia Sgt