Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What?

I dun goof’d.

Should have said that 5 x 2 + 9 < 40, since I forgot you said the third game was 9 bucks.

Which is to say, I was trying to say that you could get all of banner saga with the money you save emulating. But apparently using controllers with Citra is a hassle. F.

Luckily for you the sale on steam for all three games doesn’t end until July 8th.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Screenshot_3837.png

Screenshot_3838.png

Screenshot_3839.png

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Also, I just realized I typo’d “strong phrase” into “string phrase.”

Sounds like a fighting game term.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Luckily for you the sale on steam for all three games doesn’t end until July 8th.

Man, i wish the Switch sale lasted that long. I prefer to play my games on Switch, unless the optimization sucks balls. But Banner Saga doesn't seem like it's poorly optimized on Switch.

Me: *sees a question where there are multiple questions, 7 to be exact, with the same 6 possible answers for me each one, and that one of these definitions is mathematically impossible and even if it isn’t, we never learned about it*

Also me: *remembers the last time I had a question like this in this class, the right answers for the weird definitions were to leave no answer*

Also me: *leaves that definition blank*

Test: *marks the answer wrong*

So....

the first two Ys games had a certain person as their composer, A certain fellow I consider to be an utter legend.
The same certain fellow who would go on to make these:

No wonder I kind of felt like the Ys 1 and 2 music Shrimpy posted before felt so familiar, somehow.

And that should be it from me for today.
Too much exposure to me causes stress in all the worst ways.

Edited by DragonFlames

Sooks, what's your secret. You got even Armagon interested.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Anyways there was talk of Steam sales so y'all should get CrossCode. If you want something else, pretty much all of Inti Creates' games are on sale for 80% off. Azure Striker Gunvolt and Blaster Master Zero are both based franchises, y'all should try it.

I will instead get...

Uhh... Quickly checking the Steam front page Playerunknown's Battlegrounds and Dark Deity.

Yeah. That.

...Euuurgh, no, of course not. I'd rather get something you like than that.

Who even is Playerunknown, anyway?

Also, Dark Deity isn't even on sale during the Steam summer sale. You can't do that, there's an unspoken rule against that, it's... unprofessional!

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Well there you go, enjoy if you get them!

And please do try to keep the thread updated on your choices, the main story ones at least, specifically Saint Rubenio and I, as we would both like to twirl our figurative mustaches (well mine isn’t figurative, but it will forever be figuratively twirling length), cackling as you make the same horrible choices we did, easing the pain. 😜

My moustache isn't figurative either!

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I do, actually. That’s the main benefit, it seems.

You're gonna love Omori.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Like in 3 days lol. 

Hah! Good ol' Ninty. Love ya as always. Fucking pieces of shit.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And that should be it from me for today.
Too much exposure to me causes stress in all the worst ways.

No it doesn't.

Only I have the right to be overly self-critical!🙂

Seriously, neither you nor this topic as a whole stresses me out at all, it's all chill. Except when I write a lengthy post and proofread and edit it to no end, making what should take five or fifteen minutes take a half-hour or full hour to write.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Good ol' Ninty. Love ya as always. Fucking pieces of shit.

Nintendo does not have control over the non-Nintendo sales on its eShop. Have you seen the shovelware that is on sales that never end? If it isn't by Nintendo, don't blame them. Nintendo does set the timing of the "big" sales when everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but that is incentive -soft power- not a direct command.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nintendo does not have control over the non-Nintendo sales on its eShop. Have you seen the shovelware that is on sales that never end? If it isn't by Nintendo, don't blame them. Nintendo does set the timing of the "big" sales when everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but that is incentive -soft power- not a direct command.

I don't know, sales are always far rarer and far shorter in Nintendo's platform than, say, Steam. I don't know, could be just that the paperwork to get Nintendo to accept a sale on their platform is more of a bother, but there's certainly a trend there.

Oh and @Interdimensional Observer and @Armagon

Me using the speedbooster the way it's intended recorded with VBA's terrible recording function! Also, apologies for the awful movement, playing with a PS4 controller makes it difficult to precisely move in Metroid games. Granted this is one of the more difficult ones to pull off, but it's not too hard as you can see.

Anyone is free to revel in my awesomeness, it's okay! XD

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know, sales are always far rarer and far shorter in Nintendo's platform than, say, Steam. I don't know, could be just that the paperwork to get Nintendo to accept a sale on their platform is more of a bother, but there's certainly a trend there.

Well, we don't know.

Also, Namco and Square usually toss the same stuff on sale every other month at worst, while Atlus was as prolific on the 3DS. Some quality indie titles like Gris and Transistor have been on sale as commonly too.

I concede that Nintendo's personal stinginess may influence stinginess in others, I can see that, but it doesn't have to be the case.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Me using the speedbooster the way it's intended recorded with VBA's terrible recording function! Also, apologies for the awful movement, playing with a PS4 controller makes it difficult to precisely move in Metroid games. Granted this is one of the more difficult ones to pull off, but it's not too hard as you can see.

Watching it, I find it hard to imagine that there could be a worse shinespark- although I did see the Fusion secret message one. It's unintuitive to the point that Nintendo had to be doing for the Metroid nutcases only.

Praise be to you for having the willingness to try until you got that to succeed!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Watching it, I find it hard to imagine that there could be a worse shinespark- although I did see the Fusion secret message one. It's unintuitive to the point that Nintendo had to be doing for the Metroid nutcases only.

Praise be to you for having the willingness to try until you got that to succeed!

While it looks difficult to be consistent, after doing enough times it just becomes memory, you know the timing. Reflex isn't as necessary when you have the timing down.

I had to try it about 8 times or so (hard to adjust playing when i'm used to the GBA pad) which isn't too bad, really. 

As you can see, it's as simple as Speed Booster ----> crouch to store it -----> jump while holding the pad to "spin jump" ----> Dash using jump then pad input, and keep holding that input down to have Samus continue running after hitting a slope.