Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Good luck! From memory, i recall alot of the enemies in Birthright not ever moving from their spots, but that might change on Lunatic mode. Hopefully, cause that's one of the things that made the game a bit dull to me.

We'll see. I still have a handful of SoHaE maps to get through before I can get to it. However, by the power of beard, we shall prevail.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I see people are still literally freaking out (in a negative way) over the fact that they added another Female character to Heroes. XD

People really should accept that there's no love or care put into FE Heroes. It's IntSys's cash cow, nothing more, nothing less. They'll do whatever makes more money. Boobs make more money. It's as simple as that. Heroes is not worth freaking out over.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

People really should accept that there's no love put into FE Heroes. It's IntSys's cash cow, nothing more, nothing less. They'll do whatever makes more money. Boobs make more money. It's simple as that. Heroes is not worth freaking out over.

I guess i don't understand why it upsets people in the first place? I mean, count the difference in male/female MC count in standard FE

You have: Celica, Lyn, Eirika. Micaiah, and Edelgard. (also Lucina if you wanna count her). The rest are male, and you don't see people losing their shit over that though.

@Interdimensional Observer just wanted to give you a heads up, the CrossCode DLC for consoles is releasing on August 5th. I know that you're with your family right now and will probably be busy for a few days but just wanted to let you know since I know you were waiting for that.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If not for the name, I would have legit thought they just made a different art of Brigid

I mean, Ullr is Brigid's ancestor so it does make sense.

Like if they ever put Anri in the game, I expect him to look similar to Marth.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, a girl named Ullr is heckin' weird, knowing the Norse origin of that name.

This ain't that weird when you remember that Fate turned Leonardo Da Vinci into a woman. 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

will never cease to amuse me how Heroes happily adds background characters, alts of existing characters and OCs before the like 300 playable characters that have yet to get in.

Hey fun fact, Medeus has yet to be in the game.

All of FE1's villains are in except Medeus.

Medeus and Nergal are the only final bosses (well unless you count Fire Dragon) that are not in the game yet.

Yes, that means fucking Veld got in before the first final boss of the series and the first final boss the West was exposed to.

... actually Anankos also isn't in yet and that is a bit surprising but it could be due to how human Anankos and final boss Anankos are two different people. But if IntSys is gonna be turning background characters into characters, then I'm sure they could invent a human form for final boss Anankos.

She picked up the bow because all the cool people use bows. Think about it. Sylvis Berwick Saga, Raquel TRS, Igrene, bETraYaL, every archer in Banner Saga, Luigi... Bows are way cool. Not like swords. Swords are the edgelord's weapon. And double swords? Double the edge.

What about using a bow to shoot the sword?

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I guess i don't understand why it upsets people in the first place? I mean, count the difference in male/female MC count in standard FE

You have: Celica, Lyn, Eirika. Micaiah, and Edelgard. (also Lucina if you wanna count her). The rest are male, and you don't see people losing their shit over that though.

Probably because watching IntSys try to write a compelling female protagonist is even more unpleasant than having no female protagonists

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Hey fun fact, Medeus has yet to be in the game.

All of FE1's villains are in except Medeus.

Medeus and Nergal are the only final bosses (well unless you count Fire Dragon) that are not in the game yet.

Put Nergal in Heroes but it's his Sword of Heaven and Earth form.

Yeah, they probably should add the remaining final villains while they're at it. Y'know, anything but frigging background characters.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yes, that means fucking Veld got in before the first final boss of the series and the first final boss the West was exposed to.

Veld deserves it. No other final boss is as funny as him. A fucking generic that can be captured. Even the recolors from past chapters couldn't be captured. He's that amazing.

Plus, you gotta give it to him, he may be shit, but Veld's boss theme is the shit.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Probably because watching IntSys try to write a compelling female protagonist is even more unpleasant than having no female protagonists

But most of their male MC's are just Marth reborn or Marth with a teeny twist. 

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I mean, yeah, but at least they don't get kidnapped and/or replaced as the protagonist on top of that. Edelgard is the only one who doesn't suffer from one or the other. She's pretty great, leaving aside her route being an unfinished mess. The rest, though... they have issues, unfortunately.

Well, it's okay. To be honest, the only main characters in FE that I truly like are Shadow Dragon Marth and Leif. Everyone else is like... eh, yeah, whatever. They exist. I far prefer the secondaries.

26 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yeah, but at least they don't get kidnapped and/or replaced as the protagonist on top of that. Edelgard is the only one who doesn't suffer from one or the other. She's pretty great, leaving aside her route being an unfinished mess. The rest, though... they have issues, unfortunately.

Well, it's okay. To be honest, the only main characters in FE that I truly like are Shadow Dragon Marth and Leif. Everyone else is like... eh, yeah, whatever. They exist. I far prefer the secondaries.

puZRP5N.jpg

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

"here's what NOT to do when making a villain/villainous organization" organization.

What should you not do?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think I'll play Birthright once I'm done with Sword of Heaven and Earth.

Any tips and tidbits I should know?

It’s not Conquest, go with lunatic. I haven’t played it but iirc you really don’t like easy FEs or something like that, so yeah.

Ryoma can easily solo the game on normal and hard (unless you get bad RNG since he’s a dodge tank), you’ll probably want to bench him. If you pick male Corrin, you can S-support Rinkah.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not like swords. Swords are the edgelord's weapon. And double swords? Double the edge.

TAVH8nO.jpg

Spoiler

Little does he know that Joshua tries to be an edge lord in SC. I mean, he fails, but that’s not the point.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...That being said, I'm going to play it on lunatic.

Oh, never mind then.

I've read that until like chapter 20 it's a bit easier than Conquest hard,

Yep.

and afterwards it's a bit harder than Conquest hard.

I mean, I don’t think so. You don’t get anything close to Takumi’s wall map of either of the other royal maps. I mean, there is one map, chapter 25 I think, where they really increase the difficulty, but then it just goes down again. That‘s also the only map I didn’t like.

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

puZRP5N.jpg

Hah! Touche. Well, in Sigurd's case, touche. In Chrom's case it... kinda has no effect whatsoever. When it comes to his screentime and importance, I mean.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s not Conquest, go with lunatic. I haven’t played it but iirc you really don’t like easy FEs or something like that, so yeah.

Was gonna already.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ryoma can easily solo the game on normal and hard (unless you get bad RNG since he’s a dodge tank), you’ll probably want to bench him. If you pick male Corrin, you can S-support Rinkah.

I will pick female Corrin and marry Izana instead.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

TAVH8nO.jpg

Yes. This is exactly who I am talking about.

Hide contents

Little does he know that Joshua tries to be an edge lord in SC. I mean, he fails, but that’s not the point.

Great. That was just what I fucking needed. Lil' dipshit... perhaps it's a good thing I could never get into Trails. I can't imagine the Trails fans here would've been too happy to endure hundreds of hours of Ruben ranting about Joshua.

I mean, I don’t think so. You don’t get anything close to Takumi’s wall map of either of the other royal maps. I mean, there is one map, chapter 25 I think, where they really increase the difficulty, but then it just goes down again. That‘s also the only map I didn’t like.

Inb4 I end up enjoying Birthright more than Conquest and have to turn in my Kaga Elitist card.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Great. That was just what I fucking needed. Lil' dipshit... perhaps it's a good thing I could never get into Trails. I can't imagine the Trails fans here would've been too happy to endure hundreds of hours of Ruben ranting about Joshua.

B-but good writing…

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Inb4 I end up enjoying Birthright more than Conquest and have to turn in my Kaga Elitist card.

Do you even get a Kaga elitist card if you only like Berwick?

Just now, Sooks said:

B-but good writing…

No. Fuck Joshua.

Just now, Sooks said:

Do you even get a Kaga elitist card if you only like Berwick?

I've been wondering, actually. When I think about it, the only Kaga game I really consider outstanding is Berwick lol. All the others are like "good, but with some big flaws holding it back." Hmm...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No. Fuck Joshua.

QUuG2BE.jpg

Imagine quitting Trails.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've been wondering, actually. When I think about it, the only Kaga game I really consider outstanding is Berwick lol. All the others are like "good, but with some big flaws holding it back." Hmm...

Well you don’t like modern IS games either so… you’re a true fe fan, hating them all.

I mean hey, Kaga’s games have more beards. I think.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eirika doesnt suffer either of those things, route pending of course. 

Edelgard... Great... What... How...

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Imagine quitting Trails.

I don't have to imagine

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well you don’t like modern IS games either so… you’re a true fe fan, hating them all.

I mean hey, Kaga’s games have more beards. I think.

Ehhhhhh not really. There's basically one beard and one or two staches in each Kaga game. Even Berwick Saga, great as it is, has only a couple of beards and one super thin stache.

Actually, official FE in general hardly has the amount of beards I would prefer. It's in fangames where you find greater quantities of facial hair. And, y'know, Banner Saga. Maybe I should start calling Banner Saga FE too.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ehhhh I dunno about that one, man. The part where she goes to save Ephraim, but then the story goes "nope, Ephraim actually got away from the promoted fliers because he's that awesome, now Eirika has helplessly fallen into an obvious trap like an idiot and Ephraim has to save her instead because he's the big man" is really iffy, not gonna lie.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Eirika. But she suffers from IntSys's bad habits, and her route has the less interesting version of Lyon, which is highly unfortunate, because I like Lyon about ten times more than either her or Eph.

Edelgard... Great... What... How...

Hey, I'm allowed to think parts of Three Houses are good from time to time. I do think she's a pretty good character, from what I've seen of her. Dimitri is okay too, though in his case his super rushed recovery hurts him. Claude exists. Barely.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

She suffers enough from being one of the most boring leads in fe.

L0x7jle1 o

I have to beat this thing while it moves.

Help.

Fnz1jh9a o

C'MON ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS GAME

Welp, that's a reset. Feeler can't die, he's too epic.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhhh I dunno about that one, man. The part where she goes to save Ephraim, but then the story goes "nope, Ephraim actually got away from the promoted fliers because he's that awesome, now Eirika has helplessly fallen into an obvious trap like an idiot and Ephraim has to save her instead because he's the big man" is really iffy, not gonna lie.

Valter let him escape. It's confirmed in Valter's chapter 15 conversation with Ephraim. 

Valter: Hello again, Ephraim. I let you flee once, but this time, there's no escape.
Ephraim: Escape? I'm not going anywhere. I came here for you. I came to defeat you.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yj2Xred.gif

Amazing, Sooks.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Valter let him escape. It's confirmed in Valter's chapter 15 conversation with Ephraim.

Oh.

Well, I never knew. Huh.

...Still, kinda annoying that the story just kinda pulls the rug from under Eirika's feet and turns her into a helpless damisel for no reason. Couldn't they just let her save Ephraim? Was that so hard?

So something that definitely isn't scary just happened

IMG_20210728_110839.jpg

TIL that while rare, spontaneous glass shattering is a thing.

Nobody was hurt thankfully but damn bro.

Y'know, anything but frigging background characters.

On the other hand, the terminology of "Mythic Hero" perfectly applies here.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

What should you not do?

Not let them get away with everything.

No joke, this is basically how every Ouroborous fight ends

IMG_20210728_111356.jpg

The Crossbell games are like the only times this doesn't happen due to minimal Ouroborous involvement. But even those don't get completely unscathed.

And then the Ouroborous bullshit becomes really really bad in Cold Steel. Especially Cold Steel 3.

Ux8d8y1k o

Brilliant strategic minds at work here. "Who cares about the army currently invading the throne room! If we take out their immortal convoy, they'll be helpless! They won't be able to send droppables to the convoy! Whaddya mean, they already ransacked every chest? Nonsense, this is a great move, I tell you!"

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Thats a funny way too spell Edelgard! XD

Either way, I disagree, but its your opinion.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Thats a funny way too spell Edelgard! XD

Wow, you really don’t like Edelgard!

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Either way, I disagree, but its your opinion.

Touché.