Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not to worry, I have heard about the... shenanigans, so I'll be sure to do it to preserve Candace.

Alright! Good to know you know about that! ^^

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...And I guess him and his daughter. They exist too. But mostly Candace.

I think Candace might unironically be good, actually. As a natural bow user, anyway!
If you want her, you need to use Orochi. Thankfully, she does not suck at hitting things, usually (unlike Niles), so capturing with her should not be too hard to do. So long as she is well-leveled, of course.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Behold my team of cute and deadly chocobos! XD

f38c9fd983ff22dd3e26303e3902b83a.png

Oh, and my 100% completion rate:

2509456bbf32a75dc547c9d00589f232.png

I never actually showed off the finale of my FF XIII-2 playthrough so there it is. Never fully finished leveling up monsters but oh well.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey it's Pyron from Sun God's Wrath!

Yeah, I know, he's from some fighting game first, but...

See, all that comes to me is Pyrrhon from Kid Icarus Uprising

latest.png?width=264&height=432

This dude's great. If you can't tell by the artwork, he's one of those JUSTICE characters and he's hilarious.

And then, because Uprising's English voice acting is super top-tier, his voice actor also voices another character in the game, Arlon

latest.png?width=194&height=431

You would not know these two are voiced by the same guy because they sound completely differently.

Uprising shill moment.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And then the "Sakura Five" that spawned from AI Sakura in Fate Extra CCC (although only three of them actually appear in the game):

Does this count as false advertising?

Passionlip (don't look this up)

latest.png?width=475&height=432

This is just the poor man's Hsien-Ko

latest.png?width=432&height=432

It's like the same kind of character type. They even have purple hair.

Meltryllis (don't look this up, either)

Aside from one questionable design choice, i expected worse when you said not to look her up.

But man, these characters can really pass for Sophia Fire Emblem huh. I see what you mean about sometimes getting them confused when you see fan-art.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The emotional weight, characters, and backstory behind it is what makes a fight scene amazing, not how flashy it is or how big the collateral damage is, or how large the explosions, or how powerful the combatants involved are. It's what the fight means to every party involved that makes it great and memorable.

Me, the Kaiju fan

tenor.gif?itemid=11571578

Nah but jokes aside, those things are important yeah. I can excuse it in Kaiju movies because these movies are rarely known for their writing but in something else, the other stuff should matter.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, so.

Czg3vt8n o4jwjf6sm o

Which one do you guys like best?

Give the second one the eyes and scar of the first one.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Xbl2wcjn o

These will be his parameters either way. Why Fishtail? Honestly, I've no idea. It was the first thing I came up with, and it sounds silly enough.

Knight, huh… what does clumsy do again?

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If you want her, you need to use Orochi. Thankfully, she does not suck at hitting things, usually (unlike Niles), so capturing with her should not be too hard to do. So long as she is well-leveled, of course.

Don’t let that fool you, she’s still garbage. Because Fates thought the ability to capture was worth that.

I always forget Fates has weird RNG until Ryoma dodges garbage man's 70%s for like 5 turns. It happens every time.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Give the second one the eyes and scar of the first one.

Well, I already started, but... Yeah, good call. I can do the breach of fate trick and say that he got the scar when he ran into a tree branch while running from Xander and Camilla. He is clumsy, after all.

Knight, huh…

I was pondering between making him a knight, or making him something else and then nabbing a generic knight. I find the generic knight portrait to be hilarious, he looks 80 years old.

what does clumsy do again?

Bad skill.

Don’t let that fool you, she’s still garbage. Because Fates thought the ability to capture was worth that.

Still gonna use her.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I already started, but... Yeah, good call. I can do the breach of fate trick and say that he got the scar when he ran into a tree branch while running from Xander and Camilla. He is clumsy, after all.

He’s another time traveling avatar who’s already completed Conquest, and he got that scar from running into Camilla at the end of the game.

Oh my God what is chapter 5 in lunatic? Everyone is useless except for Fishtail, and Fishtail gets obliterated by the wyrmslayers, so I can't just solo the map with him. Jesus Christ, I can't beat this map, how bad am I?

Oh wait, Rinkah does 4 more damage when she's wounded. Yeah, probably woulda been wise to read the skills, eh...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God what is chapter 5 in lunatic? Everyone is useless except for Fishtail, and Fishtail gets obliterated by the wyrmslayers, so I can't just solo the map with him. Jesus Christ, I can't beat this map, how bad am I?

Oh wait, Rinkah does 4 more damage when she's wounded. Yeah, probably woulda been wise to read the skills, eh...

Kaze’s supposed to be good against the mages.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Kaze’s supposed to be good against the mages.

He sucks ass. He deals 8 damage total and gets wrecked. He can't even 2-round them. Rinkah gets one-shot by everything, Fishtail gets one-shot by the mercs... The only way I even got to garbage man was by sacrificing literally everyone and then getting two lucky dodges. I honestly don't see how you're supposed to deal with the lower group of enemies without losing the entire army. And no, the solution is not attack stance. Fishtail can't even attack stance at all!

Only to find that he was 1 point away from killing garbage man. So I have to reset. Again.

What the hell is this... I really hope the rest of the game isn't like this, because hot damn I feel helpless.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can you feel it Saint Rubenio? Your sanity being destroyed, eaten away by your own hubris?

Holy shit, Ryoma killed Garbage man. Wow.

Okay, so apparently the strategy is to given Fishtail the HP tonic (I would've never used it anyway), then get supremely lucky with Ryoma so he kills the boss and then goes after the enemies and takes out a mage or two for you. Oh, and sacrifice someone to pull them closer. There might be one spot where the HP tonic might've allowed Fishtail to just baaaaaaarely survive, but... honestly, I can't be bothered. They'll all come back in chapter 6 anyway. Who cares.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

Can you feel it Saint Rubenio? Your sanity being destroyed, eaten away by your own hubris?

It would be worse if I played on hard. I've heard Birthright hard is mindnumbingly easy. That's far worse.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Now the only question is... can and does this reboot match the excellent character writing from the original four series?
Or does it go the Xros Wars route where each episode is basically all fighting and next to zero character exploration?
Guess I'll find out, eh?

No. It sucks. Savers was the last good Digimon series.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which one do you guys like best?

The second one.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fates prologue chapters are unironically some of the hardest.

And there we go. Almost the entire team still died, but Ryoma's survival allowed him to kill half the mages, ensuring Azura made it.

What a shitshow that was. But who cares, they all came back next map with their stats and all. When you know that happens, it becomes a lot harder to care about what happens in these early maps.

However, Fishtail never recovered from the traumatic experience of watching everybody around him get torn to pieces...

C7wmi1st o

He has transformed into Zyne the 8th. Glory to Hoshido!

Just now, Maof06 said:

The second one.

Everyone prefers the trap, huh...

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Fates prologue chapters are unironically some of the hardest.

I don't know, the rest were just as easy as in hard mode. It was just this one that was ball crushingly difficult for no reason lol.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It would be worse if I played on hard. I've heard Birthright hard is mindnumbingly easy. That's far worse.

The madness is already consuming him, dear Emperor.

I think the best part about this Hoshido run is that I get to wipe the condescending smirk off of Leo's ugly mug.

...Oh wait, that's right-- He lives. I know that he lives. Because fuck it, Fates has to be hilarious all the time.

Still, gonna be good to beat the shit out of him, at least. He's going to be the real disgrace by the time I'm done with him.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone prefers the trap, huh...

https://i.imgur.com/aBs2wKj.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know, the rest were just as easy as in hard mode. It was just this one that was ball crushingly difficult for no reason lol.

Chapter 4 is fucking hard on lunatic. Fuck the faceless.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, gonna be good to beat the shit out of him, at least. He's going to be the real disgrace by the time I'm done with him.

Why the Leo hate? He's the most reasonable nohrian.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He sucks ass. He deals 8 damage total and gets wrecked. He can't even 2-round them. Rinkah gets one-shot by everything, Fishtail gets one-shot by the mercs... The only way I even got to garbage man was by sacrificing literally everyone and then getting two lucky dodges. I honestly don't see how you're supposed to deal with the lower group of enemies without losing the entire army. And no, the solution is not attack stance. Fishtail can't even attack stance at all!

Only to find that he was 1 point away from killing garbage man. So I have to reset. Again.

Did you try pairing up Rinkah and Kaze? With defense stance.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It’s really not. Its status as “the easy one” in the marketing really comes from the access to unlimited grinding. I mean, it’s no Conquest, but yeah.

I like how the easier route starts with a way harder chapter 6. All because Xander has ten billion move and starts right next to everyone. Fight Ryoma, you coward! Stop going after my scrubs!

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Chapter 4 is fucking hard on lunatic. Fuck the faceless.

Didn't look like it to me... I mean, they were a little sturdier, but beyond that, it was the same deal: Pair up Rinkah and Fishtail, then let them tank stuff while Kaze debuffs the odd faceless and Ryoma steals experience. It wasn't the shitshow that chapter 5 was.

4 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Why the Leo hate? He's the most reasonable nohrian.

I haven't been too fond of him since I first saw how he treats his son. And his wife. And... really anyone. He's a condescending, intolerant piece of shit, which I guess is a bit better than that the big tiddy psychopath, but... It's still not very nice.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did you try pairing up Rinkah and Kaze? With defense stance.

Maybe I could've. Eh, who cares. It's not like everyone dying matters, you know.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s really not. Its status as “the easy one” in the marketing really comes from the access to unlimited grinding. I mean, it’s no Conquest, but yeah.

I hope I won't regret this...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how the easier route starts with a way harder chapter 6. All because Xander has ten billion move and starts right next to everyone. Fight Ryoma, you coward! Stop going after my scrubs!

Just kill Xander, bro.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hope I won't regret this...

I mean, if worst comes to worst, you can always use Ryoma.

But who would do that? 😈

I had to reset 5 times. Fishtail got the same HP and magic level in each attempt, somehow.

I am really worried about him. He's growing as horrendously as Kabbãge in my first run, and we know how that ended.

...Also, I'm not sure if I should've been so happy to watch these idiots die. I had a big smirk in my face and everything when Elise bit the dust. If nothing else, this is gonna be fun for that alone...

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Just kill Xander, bro.

Ryoma can't one-round him and nobody else can reach.

Actually, as it turns out, the strat is the exact opposite of this. Ignore the blonde moron and instead have Ryoma obliterate Leo or the cavalier next to him. Then Takumi and Hinoka, neither of whom die to Xander, can handle the one left. That way, we are able to survive long enough for Xander to charge recklessly and put himself in a position where we can easily dispatch him.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH RINKAH COULD KILL CAMILLA BUT THEN I HEALED HER LIKE AN IDIOT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Well, that's a reset. I mean, doesn't need to be, but I want her to get that kill. Can't say I'm too upset about losing Fishtail's 5th HP and magic level. Perhaps this time I can see if there's any way to stop him from getting it yet again... Last I checked, the RNG in this game doesn't work like that, it changes on each reset, so I don't understand how he got the same awful level 5 times in a row... Am I just that lucky?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had to reset 5 times. Fishtail got the same HP and magic level in each attempt, somehow.

On lunatic difficulty, resetting chapters doesn’t reset level ups. iirc all levels are predetermined from when you recruit said character.

Edited by Sooks