Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmm

Try to move lloyd and Randy to the other corners of the map first, so that it will be very hard for thrm to group you back together

Can still be blocked by craft guard tho!

Also Spark Dyne is the mvp

Well then the issue i run into is: Eventually i can't keep up with healing cause AT delay forces me to miss turns.

I didn't have not Grail Sphere before, that wasn't my fault! XD

for a high cost!

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

didn't have not Grail Sphere before, that wasn't my fault! XD

Well you don't need Zero Field! Admantine guard (earth art) should do the trick!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Well you don't need Zero Field! Admantine guard (earth art) should do the trick!

200 EP... and i am wary about dropping every bit of Mira i have on EP charges! Shrimpy, you are trying to kill me!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

200 EP... and i am wary about dropping every bit of Mira i have on EP charges! Shrimpy, you are trying to kill me!

XD

200 before EP cut, no?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

XD

200 before EP cut, no?

Yeah, but at that point, i didn't have all the slots unlocked (i still don't) and only had a decent amount to work with.

And if i'm casting that, how can i focus on offence?

It's an expensive art i didn't use much myself, but for that battle it might be needed

i didn't have all the slots unlocked (i still don't)

Ouch.

You are approachind endgame aren't you?

And if i'm casting that, how can i focus on offence?

One can cast, the others can attack!

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's an expensive art i didn't use much myself, but for that battle it might be needed

Ouch.

You are approachind endgame aren't you?

One can cast, the others can attack!

Don't say that!

Yeah, i am. There isn't any good way to get wind sepith, though!

Oh boy...

Mitama got. The problem is that Mitama is also horrible. Kinda didn't think about that when I paired Azama with Setsuna... I'd forgotten her strength growth is actually supposed to be bad.

Ahhh, no matter. I've got enough healers, between Azama, Daniela and Candace. What I don't have is room, as per usual...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mitama got. The problem is that Mitama is also horrible. Kinda didn't think about that when I paired Azama with Setsuna... I'd forgotten her strength growth is actually supposed to be bad.

Ahhh, no matter. I've got enough healers, between Azama, Daniela and Candace. What I don't have is room, as per usual...

*starts chanting* bench, bench bench! XD

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

*starts chanting* bench, bench bench! XD

Yes, I can bench Hinoka.

...pfffft ok no. I still have to give Kaden, Ryoma and Jakob the slip. We'll see who's left standing by the time we get back to the regular chapters.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I can bench Hinoka.

...pfffft ok no. I still have to give Kaden, Ryoma and Jakob the slip. We'll see who's left standing by the time we get back to the regular chapters.

What.

"regular chapters" what does that mean, exactly?

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What.

"regular chapters" what does that mean, exactly?

I'm going through a bunch of paralogues right now. I'm hoping to do all the paralogues I need right now. If I can marry Ryoma and Azura, I'll unlock two at once, and I think that'll do it.

Of course, deployment slots in these are even more limited than usual, so I have to keep throwing folks out. Sophie's is the most annoying, because I am forced to drag Silas's useless behind around. Urgh...

Nichol got. I'm not sure if I'll use Sophie. She seems okay, but if fireemblemwod is correct, with Hana as her mother she has a whopping 30% HP growth... that's... not very good, is it...

In any case, Reina and Fishtail married, so now I get to go to Kana's paralogue. Kana is of no use to me, but I'm glad for the opportunity to grind more supports.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Will Ruben be the one to convince me to give BR a 'real' try?

Well, I don't know about that. All I can tell you is that I'm really enjoying it. Almost as much as Conquest, in fact. Not quite as much, the map design is a little worse and I definitely do wish a couple of the maps weren't rout, but it's still Fates. You can only go so wrong with Fates mechanics. And, honestly, the difficulty isn't that low. Roughly around the same as Conquest hard so far, which isn't too bad, I'd say.

Plus, I get to capture bosses with lunatic stats. Candace is so fucking good in this difficulty, I love it.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Servant 1 is one of the best characters in the game when it's Jakob.

And Felicia.

Felicia deals shit damage, dies in two hits from everything and is virtually useless in combat until you get a flame shuriken, at which point she becomes... okay, but she's still made out of maché paper and can't do anything against mages. Her only real use is staffbotting, while Jakob can choose between also doing that on top of having good combat, or he going paladin / great knight to have excellent combat.

Earlygame Felicia is much more made for staffbotting than offense. But even then, she still gets 40 levels in a promoted class with their growths and gains instead of 20 and can be a nuclear magic unit. Jakob is better but not by a huge margin. Plus, Felicia is faster and should hit harder since her magic is higher than his strength.

Trying to have her use any daggers not called the flame shuriken is the problem.

This goes to everyone else who quoted me saying Felicia sucks, but I’m lazy.

Edit: oh and promoted class skills! Those too.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Will Ruben be the one to convince me to give BR a 'real' try?

The marketing keeps another person away smh

At least, I’m pretty sure.

Edited by Sooks

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, yes... That. The optimist in me wants to think it was accidental, 'cause otherwise... sheesh.

The Japanese generally aren't as aware of what is seen as racist against black people. Cue: every Japanese Vtuber under the sun playing GTA5 and saying the N-word.

Not saying Japan doesn't have it's own issues with race, they are still xenophobic to an extent (it's one of the few developed countries in the world that doesn't allow dual-citizenship) but chances are Kaga just didn't know the implications of black face.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nichol got. I'm not sure if I'll use Sophie. She seems okay, but if fireemblemwod is correct, with Hana as her mother she has a whopping 30% HP growth... that's... not very good, is it...

Her personal skill strips people of their clothing.

Don't ask why, it just does.

Kana got. Took a little longer than expected because I made a mistake and had to reset 20 minutes of my life. But it's okay. I didn't even bother to capture Lloyd and Llewelyn. Tarba's basically gonna be them but with a better design.

Gotta say, the static levels are actually more of a blessing in disguise. Sure, it sucks when a level is bad, but on the other hand, it feels a lot less awful to have to reset after a godly level, and those are a lot more common because modern FE.

Also, I reclassed Mitama to apothecary, and now I'm promoting her to merchant. I'm hoping to relive the glory of Senno, though... Well, she's not quite as tanky, unfortunately. Still pretty great though, the reclass fixed her strength.

Just now, Sooks said:

Earlygame Felicia is much more made for staffbotting than offense. But even then, she still gets 40 levels in a promoted class with their growths and gains instead of 20 and can be a nuclear magic unit. Jakob is better but not by a huge margin. Plus, Felicia is faster and should hit harder since her magic is higher than his strength.

Trying to have her use any daggers not called the flame shuriken is the problem.

The problem here is that the flame shuriken isn't always available. Until you get it her combat is worthless. And even after she gets it, she's still worse than Jakob because Jakob can use all other daggers effectively and has a lot more bulk. Not to mention his reclassing options are a lot better - Felicia can go hero / bow knight and be horrible because she's bad at physical combat. Jakob can go paladin and become the second best unit in the game.

This isn't me saying that, it's the pros. I mean, according to my own standards, both Jakob and Felicia stand in the same tier: the "marry and bench" tier. I care little for either of them. Though I do like Felicia better, she's funnier.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Glad to see your enjoying it!

I am glad too! We'll see if it lasts, it wouldn't be the first time a FE has been dragged down by its lategame, but so far, I got few complaints.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Japanese generally aren't as aware of what is seen as racist against black people. Cue: every Japanese Vtuber under the sun playing GTA5 and saying the N-word.

Not saying Japan doesn't have it's own issues with race, they are still xenophobic to an extent (it's one of the few developed countries in the world that doesn't allow dual-citizenship) but chances are Kaga just didn't know the implications of black face.

Yes, that's what I've always prefered to think.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Her personal skill strips people of their clothing.

Don't ask why, it just does.

I know, it's just... she's kinda bad, so as much as I'd like to use her for her funny skill, I tend not to. And I hardly ever have any room in these games, anyway. I need the slots for Setsuna's dysfunctional family.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, Armagon said:

Does this count as false advertising?

Maybe!

On 7/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, Armagon said:

Nah but jokes aside, those things are important yeah. I can excuse it in Kaiju movies because these movies are rarely known for their writing but in something else, the other stuff should matter.

True! Some things are just meant to be fun!
I only really mind it in Digimon, because the show used to do what I described very, very well, and nowadays, it kinda doesn't.

On 7/29/2021 at 4:03 PM, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames tagging you again because they confirmed the Western release date for the new Blue Reflection

I see my wallet is gonna hate me this year. XD
But this is awesome news!

On 7/29/2021 at 4:57 PM, Maof06 said:

No. It sucks. Savers was the last good Digimon series.

After watching four episodes, I am inclined to agree. xD

20 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

*happiest Draggy noises*

---

So.
I decided to watch an Ys Seven playthrough.
A few things that immediately spring to mind: the story around the main threat of the game is really similar to Ys VIII. Like... uncannily so. As though the writers at Falcom looked at Ys Seven and said "hey, let's do that again, just change up a few things here and there." The Lacrimosa is just the Rite of Demise, Primordials are just Titanos in a dinosaur package, the Wardens of Evolution are less villainous versions of Tialuna and Scias. Even the final bosses look almost identical. Theos de Endrogram looks like a less demonic and much larger version of Rul-Ende, and they are conceptually the same thing, too. I still love Ys VIII's story, but seeing this definitely made me raise more than a few eyebrows.
Music was amazing. I'd say definitely a close second to Ys VIII's.
And the plot twist of who I thought would be Adol's "girl of the week" turning out to be the main villain was an absolutely genius move. Though she did continue the tradition of suffering blue-haired girls in Ys, and she got an even worse ending than Dana did.
She also reminded me of Malvasia (main antagonist in NoA2) in ways, which is a damn good thing.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The problem here is that the flame shuriken isn't always available. Until you get it her combat is worthless.

Heart seal.

Plus flame shuriken requires C rank in daggers. But if you insist on keeping her a maid…

And even after she gets it, she's still worse than Jakob because Jakob can use all other daggers effectively and has a lot more bulk.

Yeah, but being a worse Jakob is not at all a bad position to be in.

Not to mention his reclassing options are a lot better - Felicia can go hero / bow knight and be horrible because she's bad at physical combat.

And strategist.

Not to mention you could easily hand her the item that makes someone a witch or whatever a dark flier is called in this game as she’s one of the best candidates (I haven’t used either of those classes but I’m pretty sure they’re good?).

This isn't me saying that, it's the pros.

The pros are wrong, it really shouldn’t be that hard to imagine.

Though I do like Felicia better, she's funnier.

Based.

I am glad too! We'll see if it lasts, it wouldn't be the first time a FE has been dragged down by its lategame, but so far, I got few complaints.

Chapter 25

🍿

Though, iirc that’s the only bad one.

Edited by Sooks

Righto, it's Selkie's turn. Mostly Daichi's, though. That man looks positively hilarious, I love it.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, but being a worse Jacob is not at all a bad position to be in.

Kinda is when you have to choose between them, and on top of that girl Corrin has the added advantage of unlocking two paralogues for the price of one. Jakob is just a better option for servant 1, I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And strategist.

Oh. Yeah, now that you mention it, she'd probably make a wonderful strategist. Still, not nearly as good as paladin Jakob.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not to mention you could easily hand her the item that makes someone a witch or whatever a dark flier is called in this game as she’s one of the best candidates (I haven’t used either of those classes but I’m pretty sure they’re good?).

If we count DLC classes, pretty much anyone can be awesome in them. It's a rather moot point.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Chapter 25

🍿

Though, iirc that’s the only bad one.

I mean, if we're going there, let's not forget that I absolutely despise Takumi's Fun Castle. If Birthright has one bad map, that pretty much just puts it right next to Conquest.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And I hardly ever have any room in these games, anyway. I need the slots for Setsuna's dysfunctional family.

After playing the Project X Zone games, Fates has more than enough deployment slots lmao.

Seriously, you only ever have 10 deployment slots in the PxZ games but I wanna use everyone.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

see my wallet is gonna hate me this year.

Are there any other games you plan to get around the same time-frame?

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And the plot twist of who I thought would be Adol's "girl of the week" turning out to be the main villain was an absolutely genius move. Though she did continue the tradition of suffering blue-haired girls in Ys, and she got an even worse ending than Dana did.

Was it one of the sisters or was it someone else? The box-art shows two blue-haired girls, one of them more sinister-looking.

Edited by Armagon

Hey, Kaden. I'm okay with the fact that you're a psychopath and so is your daughter, but when you decide to turn murder into a game, would you please at least specify to her which humans she's supposed to go after? Hunt the Humans is kinda vague. Hunt the Ugly Generic Humans is a lot more self-explanatory, don't you think?

For her sake. I mean, there wouldn't be much left of her if she tried to hunt Setsuna.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Seriously, you only ever have 10 deployment slots in the PxZ games but I wanna use everyone.

The eternal dilemma.