Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You don’t know this because you benched Elise, but it’s actually canon that Elise is faster than the speed of light, with her 65 speed growth in her base class, so of course Xander didn’t have time to react. She moved way too fast, smh you couldn’t see the inner genius in the writing.

Hmm... I dunno, I think my headcanon's still gonna be that Xander couldn't see to his right because his furrowed brow was in the way.

Why did Corrin lead an invasion through Hoshido killing thousands of innocents instead of trying to tell the royals what he knew about Garon, or brining them to the bottomless canyon and bringing back one of those crystals to show them?

Let me bash Disgraceman in peace, will you?

If it wasn’t obvious, I was talking about the door. It’s trying to mirror Conquest with both of them having chapters where Corrin and the oldest royal Corrin didn’t side with face off alone in a room, but unlike Conquest where the door isn’t openable and you have to actually play the map, they made the door to Xander and Corrin’s duel room a literal door that you can open with a key or lock touch, two tiles away from the closest spot where one of your units can spawn. It’s hilarious. The rest of the map is literally just a waste of space, they might as well have made the entire map just that room with Corrin and Xander and let you spawn all your units inside of it. It’s hilarious.

It's... honestly super dumb, I don't know what they were thinking. Maybe the point is that, since Xander is so weak, you're supposed to stall to be able to get that sweet, sweet experience? Except, who needs experience that badly at this point lol... I guess killing Peri is a great reward in and of itself, but I couldn't be bothered.

As far as Xander himself, most Corrins won’t happen to have a beast killer with them, so yeah.

He still has no speed and very middling stats otherwise. Honestly, I think it'd take some shit like Kabbãge for him to stand a chance. Ryoma could go toe-to-toe even with Edgiest Ka, who was insanely overpowered by that point. This guy is pathetic. Every generic in Iago's map was tougher than him, for fuck's sake! They didn't die in almost two hits from a subpar Corrin with a beast killer!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If it motivates you, that chapter is the penultimate chapter and the last real chapter, since for Endgame they decide to spawn you a couple tiles away from the boss and just fill a bunch of surrounding space with enemies again.

Yeah, I've heard, but still, I'll do it tomorrow. This chapter looks like it's going to take a little bit of care and patience, and Iago's map was enough of an investment of such resources for one day, haha.

Though they take away your ability to save again, so if you’re unlucky like I was my first time through and you happen to miss a hit in the 70s… make a save state.

Will do. I already knew about this, but thanks for the warning anyway.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's... basically just one-rounding him with brave weapons (if you have any units that can make it happen at all) or using defense stance. If you already killed everyone else, you might not have any, and if you don't have anyone who can one-round with a brave weapon, well... You're fucked, basically.

I still feel like getting him down is more doable than all that, course this would be dependant on who you're using so I'll leave it at that until I get to the map.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's... honestly super dumb, I don't know what they were thinking. Maybe the point is that, since Xander is so weak, you're supposed to stall to be able to get that sweet, sweet experience? Except, who needs experience that badly at this point lol...

I kinda did, didn't feel like a bunch of my units were that good stat wise. I hadn't grinded at all up to then.

5 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Was thinking of doing a silly horses-only playthrough of FE3, perhaps.

And as part of said thinking, I was wondering if Pegasus Knights (which ride winged horses), Hunters (who promote into Horseman), or a certain shape shifting twink would be acceptable to use in said run.

:thonk:

I would think that's sorta optimal.

Count Hunters, ban pegasi.

Edited by Dayni

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess killing Peri is a great reward in and of itself, but I couldn't be bothered.

Hahaha, yes, that was the true point of this map, killing Peri. That makes it all worthwhile.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I would think that's sorta optimal.

It might be if not for dismounting.

It also means no magic, including staves. Or thieves to open chests. And no killing Gharnef due to the whole no magic thing.

Also potential being locked out of book 2's good ending depending on what non-allowed units can do if deployed, assuming they can be deployed.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I still feel like getting him down is more doable than all that, course this would be dependant on who you're using so I'll leave it at that until I get to the map.

Fair enough.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hahaha, yes, that was the true point of this map, killing Peri. That makes it all worthwhile.

I hate that I don't hate her design. I think her hair's cool and her attire's pretty nice on the eyes, unlike aberrations like Camilla. Soooo yeah. If you've any insults for me, leave them on my desk and I'll get to them promptly.

4 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

It also means no magic, including staves. Or thieves to open chests. And no killing Gharnef due to the whole no magic thing.

Also potential being locked out of book 2's good ending depending on what non-allowed units can do if deployed, assuming they can be deployed.

Sheesh... Good luck, man. Put Matthis to good use!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I mean, that's 40% of the reason alone. Another 20% between killing Laslow and getting the drops and of course the rest is letting Xander know how stupid he is about justice by killing him with paper or something.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I hate that I don't hate her design. I think her hair's cool and her attire's one of the best in the game. Soooo yeah. If you've any insults, leave them on my desk and I'll get to them promptly.

The fact you haven't made any implying comments is the sole reason I withold the fullest extent of the bonk.

The hair feels a little weird to me being in the setting, she has F!Cav armour so of course she suffers the panty window and the intention of her looking like a killer doll could definitely be a bunch problematic.

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

That is..... very true.

I forgot Archanea has only infantry mages to make that complicated.

As for dismounting, This isn't like Thracia so they can't increase their dismounted stats to 20 right?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The fact you haven't made any implying comments is the sole reason I withold the fullest extent of the bonk.

You missed the edit.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The hair feels a little weird to me being in the setting, she has F!Cav armour so of course she suffers the panty window and the intention of her looking like a killer doll could definitely be a bunch problematic.

For the record, I haven't seen the panty window on her. Wouldn't surprise me, given everyone in Nohr has it, but... Yeah, I haven't seen it. Must be more subtle than the rest.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

As for dismounting, This isn't like Thracia so they can't increase their dismounted stats to 20 right?

They can get 20s while dismounted, actually. The character's relative/personal stats aren't lowered when dismounting, their class base/offset is just swapped with the dismounted knight/hunter class.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For the record, I haven't seen the panty window on her. Wouldn't surprise me, given everyone in Nohr has it, but... Yeah, I haven't seen it. Must be more subtle than the rest.

You probably will only see it if you see her dismounted model in any promoted class at My Castle. In her actual outfit she doesn't have it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sheesh... hang in there, man. Hope everything works out all right.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Can you ring them about the situation?

Hopefully you either don't have to go or if you do will be able to get some distance in these times.

Thanks. I'll probably be fine if I don't expose myself too much.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, fuck it. I'll do it tomorrow.

Dude, there's only 2 maps left.

She's the best, I don't deserve her.

Will you put her next to Seno?

10 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Dude, there's only 2 maps left.

Iago took long enough and I'm even worse at FE when I'm sleepy.

10 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Will you put her next to Seno?

That's the troublesome part. The way it's set up, I just barely meet the requirements for a valid signature. I cannot squeeze anyone else in. Someone would have to go.

And, well, as sad as it makes me, she never did cap strength and there's little chance she will. She one-rounded the entire game, but... I dunno, Senno has a certain charm to him.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

IThat's the troublesome part. The way it's set up, I just barely meet the requirements for a valid signature. I cannot squeeze anyone else in. Someone would have to go.

And, well, as sad as it makes me, she never did cap strength and there's little chance she will. She one-rounded the entire game, but... I dunno, Senno has a certain charm to him.

You could put it in a spoiler tag... but then it wouldn't be in clear view, yes.

I hate that I don't hate her design. I think her hair's cool and her attire's pretty nice on the eyes, unlike aberrations like Camilla. Soooo yeah. If you've any insults for me, leave them on my desk and I'll get to them promptly.

What would have been even better is if she passed down her full hair color and not just the blue.

I have no problems with her design, her character is just complete garbage. My least favorite in the series.

Okay, I have (basically) achieved Sooks%! I’ve gotten every heart piece and heart container, including the two heart medals, obtained every gratitude crystal and turned Batreaux human, obtained every extra dowsing target, gotten the maximum wallet size, max upgraded every item I could, got the Hylian shield, got at least one of every bug, gotten at least one of every treasure, gotten every goddess cube and every goddess chest, got every empty bottle and got every medal. Now all that’s left is to actually finish the game (which will get me the few things I’m missing on my gear screen).

Edited by Sooks

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Dooooooooooo ittttttttttt

It's on the list.

Maybe after PxZ2.

6 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Oh, great, I have an ear infection. Now my options are as follows:

1. Go to the nearest service center and risk picking up Covid while I'm in line waiting.
  2. Take the medicines I have here, which apparently works.
  3. Take the meds and if they fail I'll have to go to the hospital anyway and risk getting Covid, but this time my immune system will be weakened from the antibiotics.

Yeah, it was nice meeting you guys.

Yeah that's not good. Hopefully you can get through it no issues.

You know what? I'm gonna do it. I'm going to finish my playthrough of Hades. It's been long enough. Maybe what I needed was just a good long break from the game.

Hmm, sometimes I wonder if my definition of "good game design" is too... Lopsided. Like, im VERY critical of things I dont like. 

I also have the issue of comparing games that are a series, and usually stand by some being well designed and others being straight garbage. This is something I would like to better about myself but have no idea where to start.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This is something I would like to better about myself but have no idea where to start.

Play Like a Dragon and focus on the things you enjoy about it, even if that's only the amazing physics on the bread.

Okay, this time I’m pretty sure I will have to look up a Skyward Sword puzzle. I have zero clue how anything in this room can lead to my progression.

I said that and then figured it out 4 minutes later. Ruben was right, wasn’t he?

Edited by Sooks

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, this time I’m pretty sure I will have to look up a Skyward Sword puzzle. I have zero clue how anything in this room can lead to my progression.

Which one was it?

Also, have you completed Metal Gear Zelda yet?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the troublesome part. The way it's set up, I just barely meet the requirements for a valid signature. I cannot squeeze anyone else in. Someone would have to go.

https://i.imgur.com/ovty4T2.png

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah that's not good. Hopefully you can get through it no issues.

Thanks, Armagon.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Hmm, sometimes I wonder if my definition of "good game design" is too... Lopsided. Like, im VERY critical of things I dont like. 

I also have the issue of comparing games that are a series, and usually stand by some being well designed and others being straight garbage. This is something I would like to better about myself but have no idea where to start.

Never become like this.

https://i.imgur.com/rEmweGx.gif

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

Which one was it?

The puzzle in the room in the Sky Keep where you get the triforce of wisdom.

Also, have you completed Metal Gear Zelda yet?

I don’t think so because I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I’m also at the end of the game.

Say, Benice, while I have your attention, how much of the game is left after

Spoiler

Girahim takes Zelda into the past to revive Demise?

I know it’s not a whole lot, but it’s also midnight so…

Edited by Sooks

Alright, I bought three maxed out heart potions, which equates to six full health restores, for the final boss, since @Benice acted like I would need potions late in the game. Let’s see how this goes, since I know before the final boss I have to fight Girahim and a monster horde.

So, having started a Fallout 3 playthrough with like over 100 mods because of course, I did some little early game progress. Reaching Megaton, disarming the bomb, and doing Chapter 1 of the Wasteland Survival Guide. Usually in previous playthroughs I would not finish it up yet heading already into the DC ruins, but for a change I will do it. Helps to pick up Dogmeat on the way... but that might be some other day.