Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Corrin if he was in CK2:

OC] Marriage in CK2: CrusaderKings

He'd fit right in with some players that's for sure.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Iggy looked pretty meh until I realized Camilla mom means he can go wyvern.

Flying Iggy let's goooooooooo.

...I'm having a similar problem as every run, however - I have a shortage of master seals. Not many left before I am left wanting. Oof. I really should wait until chapter 19 to get the kids so they can use the offspring seals, but... That's too late, damnit. I want the kids now, not later.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So, I randomly booted up my computer and… it actually worked? Conquest at 100% speed? Well, it lagged for a second after I first started moving, but then I updated Citra and it didn’t lag at all. So I guess I can continue my Conquest playthrough for now. But man, it’s hard to pick a game back up after so long. I don’t remember how close each support rank was to the next level and don’t quite remember what paralogues I was planning to do, stuff like that. And since I was in the middle of a side-stuff spree and not doing the main chapters… it was rough. I just settled for doing the second invasion, even though it sucks, just to get it out of the way, because I know I planned to. I know I was close to S-rank on Benny and Beruka plus Keaton and Camilla, so I wanted to do paralogues because that would mean I could bench all of them except Camilla after the support gains. I think I was going to replace them with… Kana, Nina and Ignatius. I think. Because I want Kana soon to take advantage of aptitude, Ignatius with a beast killer destroys the fox map and Nina can help with the chests in this chapter.

Anyway, I’ll play more later. 

Use Iggy.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Conquest wavee

Conquest has once again conquered this thread.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's not a mad dash

but...

the gimmick of the map is that you have to capture ''reinforcement points'' so to say, or the enemy will keep spamming reinforcements

Oh, good lord. That sounds like it could quickly turn into an Advance Wars-esque shitfest.

Well, I guess we'll see. I still have Nina's and Soleil's paralogues to get through. Xander is at level 4 and 97 experience, so ideally I'd like to get his level 5 skill before grabbing Bert. Not that it makes a difference, he's probably going to stay a paladin.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Use Iggy.

That’s the plan.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Conquest has once again conquered this thread.

Thanks to my computer being fickle…

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nah it's actually quite fun aslong as you don't turtle forever.

Guess there's only one way to find out.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s the plan.

Good. Iggy deserves to be used.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thanks to my computer being fickle…

Here's hoping it doesn't crap itself again!

Talked to my college and it seems that whole issue of my supposed unattendence might be resolved. They told me that when they ran the credits through the system, mine came up as zero, which makes sense because i failed the class. But i'm a bit peeved that they assumed that i just dropped out rather than actually having made an attempt to pass throughout the entire semester.

Anyways, they told me they'll pass it to the department responsible for it and i also told them about the email i sent them with the screenshots from my student account showing i took the class+emails from my professor leading up to the end of the semester.

The guy who attended to me actually agreed this whole thing was bullshit haha.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, what has kept me from Moon Dwellers in spite of having a translation is the fact there have been two games since Original Generations 2- Original Generation Gaiden and 2nd (Dai-2-ji) Original Generation. It'd feel strange seeing all the old crew a little more experienced, and accompanied some new people who were introduced and put their character arcs in the missing games. 

Judging by the words here, OG Gaiden and 2nd don't have translations yet.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Talked to my college and it seems that whole issue of my supposed unattendence might be resolved. They told me that when they ran the credits through the system, mine came up as zero, which makes sense because i failed the class. But i'm a bit peeved that they assumed that i just dropped out rather than actually having made an attempt to pass throughout the entire semester.

Glad to hear you resolved the issue!

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Here's hoping it doesn't crap itself again!

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, they told me they'll pass it to the department responsible for it and i also told them about the email i sent them with the screenshots from my student account showing i took the class+emails from my professor leading up to the end of the semester.

The guy who attended to me actually agreed this whole thing was bullshit haha.

I’m glad everything looks like it will be sorted out.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well it's not resolved yet but it shouldn't be too long.

Shit, I cant read, you said might. DAMN IT!

Well, from the sounds of it, the odds are at least good?

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Judging by the words here, OG Gaiden and 2nd don't have translations yet.

Nope. Maybe OG 1 and 2 + EF1 weren't very profitable so that's why Namco stopped bringing them to the West. Or, maybe they scrapped it because adding copious amounts of voice acting added excessive costs, even if it was restricted to Japanese VAs abroad, supposedly you would have to pay the seiyuus a second time for the rights to use their voices outside of Japan. 

It was only December of last year that fans finished the translation of the PS2 Original Generations 1&2 bundle (they chose not to copy-paste the GBA Atlus translation). With that done, maybe OG Gaiden is early in the pipeline, but as SRW is not afraid to be wordy, it will take a while. 2nd would come after that, and that's a PS3 game, a 2D one sure, but emulating a PS3 brings the fragrance of burnt silicon to mind.

The lack of an OG Gaiden translation is slightly problematic for Exceed, since EF1 happens after OG2, but Exceed doesn't happen until after OG Gaiden. Not that it matters too much, the only losses were not understanding how Axel & Alfimi ended up in EF (apparently it was a freak accident relegated to drama CD), and who the very minor in the context of Exceed character of Kouta was. Didn't affect my enjoyment of Exceed all that much.

Until OG Gaiden gets translated, I'll have to bide my time listening to this:

My ears are still addicted to this stuff like three months later, send help.

August 24th was the release date of the first Rune Factory game back in 2006.

Possible remake imminent? Or is this just a celebratory post? But why treat it like this if it's the latter?

A remake of Rune Factory 1 would be super interesting if it tremendously expands on the skeleton of the original.

@Interdimensional Observer @Acacia Sgt @twilitfalchion @DragonFlames (i think this all the Rune Factory fans here besides me)

We'll find out tomorrow if it actually means anything.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, from the sounds of it, the odds are at least good?

The odds are good and if it somehow doesn't work despite the literal evidence i sent, i'm going to become the Joker.

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Possible remake imminent? Or is this just a celebratory post? But why treat it like this if it's the latter?

A remake of Rune Factory 1 would be super interesting if it tremendously expands on the skeleton of the original.

@Interdimensional Observer @Acacia Sgt @twilitfalchion @DragonFlames (i think this all the Rune Factory fans here besides me)

The 15th anniversary. Definitely has to be something big planned for it. I do hope a remake (hopefully with PC port!). Maybe some more news of the 4S port. More DLC for 5? Yeah, we'll find out tomorrow for sure.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The odds are good and if it somehow doesn't work despite the literal evidence i sent, i'm going to become the Joker.

I'm hopeful for remakes/remasters.

I could see them releasing the first three in an upscaled pack with some QoL, perhaps, or maybe ports of the console games.

I completely wrecked Kana’s paralogue. I routed the entire thing in 7 turns and 25 minutes (according to the in-game playtime, assuming I math-ed right at a glance). The funny bosses didn’t even get to show up. The main highlight of the map is the fact that both Leo and Xander leveled speed, though. It was wonderful.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I could see them releasing the first three in an upscaled pack with some QoL, perhaps, or maybe ports of the console games.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Upscaled ports sounds also acceptable/possible. Specially since they could put them on mobile and that's bound to sell too.

True although i don't know if simple QoL would be enough to fix Rune Factory 1.

Rune Factory is a series where the farther back you go, the significantly worse it gets. 3 is like the cutoff point, any game older has a higher chance of not being enjoyable than being enjoyable.

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oVl9PW3.png

WTF

@Saint Rubenio you will like this

4JGmhrP.gif

What's this abomination? And it can even use staves, dammit.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

True although i don't know if simple QoL would be enough to fix Rune Factory 1.

Rune Factory is a series where the farther back you go, the significantly worse it gets. 3 is like the cutoff point, any game older has a higher chance of not being enjoyable than being enjoyable.

I liked 2. Very Genealogy-esque.

Man

that was a good try

Lotsa galaxy brain plays, and i could've seized a few turns after i started by using wind right, but i wanted all the chests so i continued, and...

I couldn't get Shura in a place where he can be protected, and he died....

Rip...

I wonder if i can ever replicate those galaxy brain strats again...

Honestly if i didn't really need Shura atm i would've continued, but i currently really need him lol

Edited by Shrimperor

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's a shame they dropped the practice. They really need to bring it back. Be it in RF or in SoS.

Everything is better with eugenics.