Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Too many levels? Nah, i always get around 140 in Tales of, lmao.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah but in post game not main game xD

I think in Berseria after post game i was like 120 or something lol

Arise's max level is 100 anyway, with the strongest superboss being at Lv.95.

So getting to 100 would just require farming that superboss over and over.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ermm

i did combo them, but cosmo talking about low amount of damage...

Well the counter counts each successfully landed hit in a row as a combo.

When i meant combo, i meant as in like, locking them in and stuff.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Does Arise have you battle other Tales of characters like they almost always do?

If there are, they haven't shown themselves.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dun dun duuuuun! and the disappointment arrives.

Welp thats sad. It'll probably be DLC, lmao.

Edited by lightcosmo

TLIOyEr.jpg

This is so precious

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Does Arise have you battle other Tales of characters like they almost always do?

yes, but i didn't reach it yet

it's not DLC

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

post game quest

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

But why?

All I know about it is that people want it localized.

It has a great fan translation. Who cares.

And I dunno, I just like it. It has a neat fighting system where you press A to the rhythm of the music to deal more damage, it's the right length and the story is pretty great. Though as I said, it's been a while since I last played it.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That happens if a character has an S/A+ support with someone who has a first class they game doesn’t let them give to another character (Corrin (Nohr Prince(ss), Azura (songstress), Kaden (Kitsune), Keaton (Wolfskin) or unpromoted Mozu (villager) and the character using the partner/friendship seal has the heart seal class of the character in an exclusive class as their base class. In that case, the game gives them the “equivalent” class from the other nation for the character they’re friendship/partner sealing with’s heart seal class.

I had no idea that was a thing. So technically this means I was wrong, Haitaka is not the only one who can be a spear fighter in Conquest aside from Corrin. If I understand this correctly, Effie and Benny can become one too if they marry the right person, right?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well Mother 3 has depression so it's make sense why Ruben likes it.

Come now, that's not the only thing I look for in an RPG. I also like them when they don't have boring combat systems and obnoxious sexual fanservice. Which reduces the picks to like, five or six games, but... Eh.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I also like them when they don't have boring combat systems and obnoxious sexual fanservice. Which reduces the picks to like, five or six games, but... Eh.

Just like Yakuza: Like a Dragon!

'Morning, everyone!

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Come now, that's not the only thing I look for in an RPG. I also like them when they don't have boring combat systems and obnoxious sexual fanservice.

>Tales of Arise

>Scarlet Nexus

jusr giving you recent examples here 😛

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had no idea that was a thing. So technically this means I was wrong, Haitaka is not the only one who can be a spear fighter in Conquest aside from Corrin. If I understand this correctly, Effie and Benny can become one too if they marry the right person, right?

Benny and Effie can become spear fighters if they marry a Corrin with the knight talent, yeah.

Edited by Sooks

Of course, they’d also be able to go spear fighter if you just made Corrin’s talent spear fighter from the get go and you wanted to build a squad of spear fighters, or something.

Another picturesque town in BDII.:

Rimedahl.jpg

It slightly alleviates the plainness of the story, that's been the case with most of the game so far, but for some reason, until a certain point, its predictability was making me ache in this chapter. It's over now though, the bosses were: mostly easy, easy, drawn out, and surprisingly easy -until the expectable low HP routine change. I should adjust my team to have more offense, two healers has been feeling excessive. 

Judging from the way jobs are arranged in the menu, it appears Holograd will provide me with the last 4. Miss True Villain/Working For The True Villain and her nondescript cloak won't be giving a class I'm 90% certain. Now I get to choose the order in which I obtain of the first three of the final four, Dark Knight Meets Templar being appropriately the final class. No optional lategame Arcanist and Vampire or Yokai this time around so I suspect.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think that's a case of too many levels lmao.

Not sure of more recent Tales, but the old ones have a level cap of 200, or maybe 250 or 255 (the maximum value you can store in 8 bits of data, technically it's 256, but binary counts from zero). -You'll never pierce 100 in normal play however. The NG+ options to increase experience gain by 2x or 10x were for doing that.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It has a great fan translation. Who cares.

Legitimacy, legitimacy, legitimacy.

Also possibly a peaceful evangelization element in its fans. They enjoy something, most people don't emulate, so they want an official English release so many others can partake of the joy.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

yes, but i didn't reach it yet

it's not DLC

I mean, they better have something like that at this point.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The NG+ options to increase experience gain by 2x or 10x were for doing that.

I never used those, lmao.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Just like Yakuza: Like a Dragon!

No doubt, but it's not easy to get me to play a JRPG.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

>Tales of Arise

>Scarlet Nexus

jusr giving you recent examples here 😛

I dunno... They're anime.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Benny and Effie can become spear fighters if they marry a Corrin with the knight talent, yeah.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Of course, they’d also be able to go spear fighter if you just made Corrin’s talent spear fighter from the get go and you wanted to build a squad of spear fighters, or something.

Hmmm... So in other words, my statements are still mostly correct. Haitaka is the only spear fighter that does not require bulding Corrin in any specific way.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Legitimacy, legitimacy, legitimacy.

Also possibly a peaceful evangelization element in its fans. They enjoy something, most people don't emulate, so they want an official English release so many others can partake of the joy.

Of course. It never occurs to me that other people value these things. I suppose it's just difficult for me to put myself in the shoes of the legitimacy fans, since I've spent my entire life emulating. Blame my mother. She was resourceful enough to figure out the intricacies of emulating when I was still a wee lad, and spending hundreds upon hundreds of euros on consoles was not something my father approved of. So I just sort of grew up a pirate.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Remember when Agate and Tita had a wholesome relationship?

*sigh*

Game, this isn’t funny.

Keep these posts up. They make me feel so validated in my decisions.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course. It never occurs to me that other people value these things.

Surely you'd understand the evangelization impulse though? If Berwick Saga got thrown in English translation on Steam, surely it'd provide the slightest moving of the lips to a smile to see it get noticed more often?

Blame my mother. She was resourceful enough to figure out the intricacies of emulating when I was still a wee lad

Not something one would expect. In my case, it was my grandmother who for reasons I do not know acquired everything from a revised NES model, an SNES, a 64, a PS1, PS2, GameBoy, and GameCube that altogether made me into a gamer.

So I just sort of grew up a pirate.

By Bonny my ancestral dame,

who is it that deserves the blame?

Who hordes and offers naught to all

at whom we should be appalled?

A pirate born and raised,

I like the taste of misers braised.

I take what I will with good reason,

it's the merchants who commit the treason.

Spill your coffers wide open to the masses

and then I'll consider resting my pistols and cutlasses.

🏴‍☠️

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dunno... They're anime.

Not all anime is created equal, my friend.

Haven't finished Arise yet, but there's not been a single dumb anime trope joke so far that I've noticed. The game takes itself seriously, and the humor that's there is generally good.

I have finished Scarlet Nexus. It never gets bogged down in fanservice or dumb anime crap, despite the visual style being what it is.

besides, you like Berwick Saga, an anime game

37 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I have it under control, not to worry. I won't be able to start today because I'm off visiting the family, but I'll have it by tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Surely you'd understand the evangelization impulse though? If Berwick Saga got thrown in English translation on Steam, surely it'd provide the slightest moving of the lips to a smile to see it get noticed more often?

Slightest? I would flip the fuck out. But I won't pursue it, is what I meant. I'd love an official localization of Mother 3 as much as the next guy, but let's be honest with ourselves - it's not happening, so I won't whine about it constantly like some people. I'm just thankful it has a quality fanslation. Anything else would be nice, but I won't lose sleep over it.

Not something one would expect.

Right? My mother is super tech savvy, for a person in her 50s. My father really lucked out there, to this day he confuses the concepts of website and internet browser lol.

By Bonny my ancestral dame,

who is it that deserves the blame?

Who hordes and offers naught to all

at whom we should be appalled?

A pirate born and raised,

I like the taste of misers braised.

I take what I will with good reason,

it's the merchants who commit the treason.

Spill your coffers wide open to the masses

and then I'll consider resting my pistols and cutlasses.

🏴‍☠️

Aye aye, matey. Yo ho ho and a bottle o' rum.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not all anime is created equal, my friend.

Haven't finished Arise yet, but there's not been a single dumb anime trope joke so far that I've noticed. The game takes itself seriously, and the humor that's there is generally good.

I have finished Scarlet Nexus. It never gets bogged down in fanservice or dumb anime crap, despite the visual style being what it is.

Hm. Well, duly noted. I'll admit the aesthetic of over-the-top high fantasy anime is something that just generally doesn't attract my interest, though. The fanservice and cringe sexy moments are just an added downside that 99% of the time comes with the package, but in itself it's a style that I don't really enjoy. No grand reasons here, it's just the way things are.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

besides, you like Berwick Saga, an anime game

Why does everyone go for that?! It's the bare minimum of anime! There's not a single woman with hyper boobs fighting against a tight jacket or shirt! It's... unthinkable for anime!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hm. Well, duly noted. I'll admit the aesthetic of over-the-top high fantasy anime is something that just generally doesn't attract my interest, though. The fanservice and cringe sexy moments are just an added downside that 99% of the time comes with the package, but in itself it's a style that I don't really enjoy. No grand reasons here, it's just the way things are.

Understandable. Though if you have even mild interest in just the gameplay aspect of Scarlet Nexus (a techno world rather than traditional fantasy), there is a Steam demo.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why does everyone go for that?! It's the bare minimum of anime! There's not a single woman with hyper boobs fighting against a tight jacket or shirt! It's... unthinkable for anime

points to at least 10-15 different examples of this not being the case

😛

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why does everyone go for that?! It's the bare minimum of anime! There's not a single woman with hyper boobs fighting against a tight jacket or shirt!

Yeah it has a girls in chains, girls in nets and slaves instead!

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why does everyone go for that?! It's the bare minimum of anime! There's not a single woman with hyper boobs fighting against a tight jacket or shirt! It's... unthinkable for anime!

Anime is just "Animation made by a Japanese or in Japan". There's no other requirement.