Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I did it. I had to bring Kloe off the bench for that one, and use all my celestial balms as well as my only zeram item, but I won, so yeah. And it looks like this sealing stone is the one with the character everyone has been waiting for, so that’s cool.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

but the fool switched to Pyra, who I actually figured out how to fight, as opposed to Mythra who has that side move I had no notion how to deal with. I should have lost, but I didn't get knocked out once.

Whoa... Harsh. And you mean Photon Edge? Her side special? 

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Whoa... Harsh. And you mean Photon Edge? Her side special? 

I bet that's it. Before today I'd never played against any DLC before.

And to be honest when your opponent is on the ropes because they don't know how to deal with one of your attacks, it's a foolish choice to switch to another character and more to stay as that character after your opponent demonstrated they have a batter idea how to deal with that part. Harsh, that's true.

But then again, I look absolutely stupid against any quick fighters right now. All Ls here.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I bet that's it. Before today I'd never played against any DLC before.

And to be honest when your opponent is on the ropes because they don't know how to deal with one of your attacks, it's a foolish choice to switch to another character and more to stay as that character after your opponent demonstrated they have a batter idea how to deal with that part. Harsh, that's true.

But then again, I look absolutely stupid against any quick fighters right now. All Ls here.

Simply block and punish, it does have some lag to it. Unless you mean when recovering?

Well the idea between Pyra/Mythra is to change so they have to switch tempo with you. Although ofc Mythra is still the better one of the two for sure.

Well... Online takes some adjusting. Give yourself a chance.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well... Online takes some adjusting. Give yourself a chance.

Keep in mind unless I get actual NSO membership I'm not planning on doing much beyond today. This is in some ways me just seeing the ins and outs for a first time. Maybe I'm giving too much of an expectation considering how poor I have been at times.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Simply block and punish, it does have some lag to it. Unless you mean when recovering?

Makes sense.

The height on it certainly helps prevent simply jumping over.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well the idea between Pyra/Mythra is to change so they have to switch tempo with you. Although ofc Mythra is still the better one of the two for sure.

Pyra may be supposed to be the stronger and slower of the two, but yeah the tempo you're expected to give from a faster character's attacks can certainly make it harder to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like Zelos?

Such a masterful intellect.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Pyra may be supposed to be the stronger and slower of the two, but yeah the tempo you're expected to give from a faster character's attacks can certainly make it harder to deal with.

Well Mythra is exceptionally fast, not just fast lmao.

So apparently Kaze and Saizo’s A+ rank doesn’t give them parallel classes, even though they have the same class set, it gives them each samurai, a class they both already have access to, because..???

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Well Mythra is exceptionally fast, not just fast lmao.

I've been pretty bad against a bunch of fast characters though.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So apparently Kaze and Saizo’s A+ rank doesn’t give them parallel classes, even though they have the same class set, it gives them each samurai, a class they both already have access to, because..???

F

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>Tries to play Ganon in quickplay

>Gets such bad lag even a good player would have some issues. On what is a fast network.

Smash for you?

We DID give out fair warnings, haha. Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

We DID give out fair warnings, haha. Xd

T'wouldn't be the first time a match was slow. Definitely the worst though where a player didn't quit or there was a 4-player on New Pork.

I got 0-3'd by the first Byleth I ever saw.

I ask for this by trying to get the 30 character in quickplay challenge.

T'wouldn't be the first time a match was slow. Definitely the worst though where a player didn't quit or there was a 4-player on New Pork.

I got 0-3'd by the first Byleth I ever saw.

I ask for this by trying to get the 30 character in quickplay challenge.

Even for someone with near perfect connection like I have has some issues.

Oof, thats rough.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Even for someone with near perfect connection like I have has some issues.

Oof, thats rough.

Let's note, I am amateur as fuck when it comes to pvp in Smash and I've been away from competitive generally for years.

Trying to play characters I'm not good enough with is a road to sadness no matter what.

See me, getting 0-3'd by a Robin.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Let's note, I am amateur as fuck when it comes to pvp in Smash and I've been away from competitive generally for years.

Trying to play characters I'm not good enough with is a road to sadness no matter what.

See me, getting 0-3'd by a Robin.

No need to be so down on yourself, everyone has to learn somewhere. 

As long as you have fun, that's what matters.

I finally turned around a match to a victory.

To be fair it was Roy FSmash into a held special on the last life, but a comeback's's a comeback.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, are you learning anything? Or feel like your improving?

Certainly not when one guy with a Wario showed up twice in a row and wrecked me across characters.

I am probably not helping myself by it being late here, should turn in soon.

I finally turned around a match to a victory.

To be fair it was Roy FSmash into a held special on the last life, but a comeback's's a comeback.

Certainly not when one guy with a Wario showed up twice in a row and wrecked me across characters.

I am probably not helping myself by it being late here, should turn in soon.

Congrats!

I think taking a loss is the best way to learn, personally.