Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

and check on the status of job applications

Good luck! Hope you get a nice employer!

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I felt like a Musou mood for a change, so I popped Hyrule Warriors back in for a little flashy brainless fun (I've still a few of battles in Adventure Mode uncompleted/not A ranked, but the ranking system is bad because of the damage taken grading is harsh). One of my absolute favorite characters is Young Link, for a sampling:

Spoiler

Not my footage of course.

I have a fifth of a desire to upgrade to the Switch's Definitive Edition for the 3DS character additions, but I'd much rather wait for an HW2. I'd hope it would include reps from the two Oracles and Four Sword trio of games.

47 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The battle took me 3 1/2 hours, but I did it! 

Lightcosmo has the Discipline skill confirmed.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

lol
Nero is funny. XD
Also, her theme is a banger.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

@DragonFlames

I completed the arena battle against Noire and Uni at level 162 when the recommended is 300, not bad at all.

The battle took me 3 1/2 hours, but I did it! 

Megadimension Neptunia, obviously.

Whew, that's a long time! I don't I'd have the patience for something like that!
Congratulations! 👍

---

I continued my run through Nights of Azure and cleared the Interlude of Chapter 3, a veritable mystery story about a young woman named "Lady L" who disappeared 10 years prior to the start of the game. The search for clues as to what happened to the poor girl took me through the Fiend-infested sewers of Ruswal to an underground cemetary, where I ran into Christophorus, who, ever since telling Arnice about how the Night can only be defeated, not sealed away, has apparently been under constant attack from other Fiends. In her own words, she 'betrayed the Night' and now she gets punished for it.
Arnice, however, manages to save her in the nick of time, but her mask breaks regardless.zIunrDe.jpg

"Again", she says.
She's surprisingly casual about it. The biggest thing she's annoyed by is the fact that someone saw her without it, which she really doesn't like.

In any case, Christophorus points Arnice in the direction of a hidden room before vanishing. Arnice goes there, and she reappears again, mask intact, and informs Arnice that Lady L and many women before her disappeared, because they fell in love with a demon and were turned into statues by that demon.
All of those girls were candidates to become Saints, just like Lilysse, and would have been sacrificed to keep the Nightlord sealed away.
v11eDId.jpg

What would you choose to do?

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Shrimperor said:

basically.

The characters in Nights of Azure are pretty unanimous on that.
Except Lilysse, who willingly chooses to do it, and gets in a fight with Arnice over it, because Arnice wants to keep her safe and alive at all costs, while Lilysse doesn't want Arnice to get into more danger or worse, die fighting the Nightlord, and Christophorus, who is rather neutral on the whole thing, saying that Arnice should respect Lilysse's wishes.
Oh, and of course the Curia who says to sacrifice Lilysse without a second thought. Considering the truth of the whole situation, that's not surprising, however.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=18084718

Congratz, but wew boy

Thanks, imagine that I did something similar, except the first time I failed, haha. So about 6 hours in total to complete that!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Lightcosmo has the Discipline skill confirmed.

I pride myself in that, thank you! I'm always like this when it comes to certain things, I wont quit until I can complete whatever it is.

And if I do have to take a short break, I always come back.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Whew, that's a long time! I don't I'd have the patience for something like that!
Congratulations! 👍

Thank you! Well, you did get much further that I did, that says something!

I had Noire sitting in the corner tanking hits for 2 hours straight without attacking once, solely using the defend command over and over! 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I felt like a Musou mood for a change, so I popped Hyrule Warriors back in for a little flashy brainless fun (I've still a few of battles in Adventure Mode uncompleted/not A ranked, but the ranking system is bad because of the damage taken grading is harsh). One of my absolute favorite characters is Young Link, for a sampling:

Reveal hidden contents

Not my footage of course.

I have a fifth of a desire to upgrade to the Switch's Definitive Edition for the 3DS character additions, but I'd much rather wait for an HW2. I'd hope it would include reps from the two Oracles and Four Sword trio of games.

Missed this before but excellent choice, something about HW draws me toward moreso than FEW. YL is an awesome character I agree!

All the characters in HW feel unique and fun to play as, I think that's why I think its great.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Missed this before but excellent choice, something about HW draws me toward moreso than FEW. YL is an awesome character I agree!

I skipped FEW myself, even if it has better gameplay due to bits of FE strategy being integrated and the absence of Giant Bosses and the over-reliance on Weak Point Smashes for damaging enemy officers. What HW has is the Zelda fanservice I want, FEW doesn't have the FE characters and fanservice I wanted but the broken armor models were unexpected fanservice I liked. No offense to FEW, I'd get the sequel if it added the right characters.

I like Young Link partly because of my early childhood of OoT and MM, he in a sense reminds me of my ~4 year old self. And in HW of course there is the fun of his frequent Focus Spirit gimmick, he's the only character who can tap into more than maybe twice a fight, and the shift into Fierce Deity makes it play differently for him. And combining these two reasons there is something "Christ Child" like in Young Link I find, a symbol of purest youth and innocence, yet possessing almighty power.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

All the characters in HW feel unique and fun to play as, I think that's why I think its great.

The inevitable imbalances aside (Fi would really like it if her C1 added Skyward Strike beams to her every attack), I agree. I can't say to have mastered every character- Horse!Link's endless momentum I can't keep under control, and Dominion Rod!Zelda is tricky, but at the end of the day, everyone from the simpler to the more complex is fun to use. From the sheer ease of Volga to the juggling of Agitha, I love them all.

Hopefully when the sequel comes whenever it does that they iron out the kinks of the first game and expand the roster even more. While there is not as much room to grow as FEW,  Zelda does have enough for one more game at least.

Okay, two more scenarios done in The Titans campaign. I think the story is finally reaching the turning point... but man, what a way to finish the first half, attacking Mt. Olympus itself! Had an interesting gimmick too.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I skipped FEW myself, even if it has better gameplay due to bits of FE strategy being integrated and the absence of Giant Bosses and the over-reliance on Weak Point Smashes for damaging enemy officers. What HW has is the Zelda fanservice I want, FEW doesn't have the FE characters and fanservice I wanted but the broken armor models were unexpected fanservice I liked. No offense to FEW, I'd get the sequel if it added the right characters.

I like Young Link partly because of my early childhood of OoT and MM, he in a sense reminds me of my ~4 year old self. And in HW of course there is the fun of his frequent Focus Spirit gimmick, he's the only character who can tap into more than maybe twice a fight, and the shift into Fierce Deity makes it play differently for him. And combining these two reasons there is something "Christ Child" like in Young Link I find, a symbol of purest youth and innocence, yet possessing almighty power.

The inevitable imbalances aside (Fi would really like it if her C1 added Skyward Strike beams to her every attack), I agree. I can't say to have mastered every character- Horse!Link's endless momentum I can't keep under control, and Dominion Rod!Zelda is tricky, but at the end of the day, everyone from the simpler to the more complex is fun to use. From the sheer ease of Volga to the juggling of Agitha, I love them all.

Hopefully when the sequel comes whenever it does that they iron out the kinks of the first game and expand the roster even more. While there is not as much room to grow as FEW,  Zelda does have enough for one more game at least.

As far as FEW is concerned, if Lucina wasn't in the game, I probably wouldnt play it at all.

I just think the characters are much more "fun" in HW. Even as exotic as some are to play, it can still be a blast to mow things down using Epona. 

Their movesets feel creative as well, and I think that's another main selling point to me.