Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I had a random thought, is Shadow of the Colossus a kaiju game? It has giant monsters in it, after all. Sixteen of them, which would make it an automatic inclusion in Armagon's masterpiece club. Maybe it's another "Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?" thing.

Anyway, it's technically Xenoblade 2's fourth anniversary so hooray! And this time, Pyra and Mythra are in Smash to commemorate the occasion.

In Terraria, the fourth Mothron I defeated gave me the last item needed for the Terra Blade, so I tested it on the unlucky Solar Eclipse enemies. I found plenty of other useful items too: two Moon Stones (increases stats at night), a Butcher's Chainsaw, a few Toxic Flasks, and two Eyes of Cthulhu (the second best yoyo in the game). I'd like to see Plantera try to defeat me now.

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is the only time where the potential polygamy option is based.

I think the implication is that Rex gets with the one whose name you used for Coffee with Milk, but he's implied to have feelings for both, so...

Spoiler

Or perhaps, maybe Pneuma should've come back instead, and her and Rex's resulting children would be identical to Pyra and Mythra...? Maybe we shouldn't go there.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, I'd say, just about the only prospect of the job I didn't like is the 12-hour workdays. It's countered a little by only being four days a week. Not that it's a big confort. I'd take working almost the entire week if it meant less hours per day. Oh well, at this point beggars can't be choosers. It took me months to have this chance, better not waste it since who knows when another might show up.

The real question you need to ask yourself is, does your job give you a chair? Not standing all day is an important benefit.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Enjoy.

Though it will not be until CS2 which determines which path you shall take.

So far, its gameplay isnt too bad, honestly! The inflation is kinda insane, though.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I had a random thought, is Shadow of the Colossus a kaiju game? It has giant monsters in it, after all. Sixteen of them, which would make it an automatic inclusion in Armagon's masterpiece club. Maybe it's another "Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?" thing

Well i do have a PS4 so i guess it does go on the wishlist.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

So far, its gameplay isnt too bad, honestly! The inflation is kinda insane, though.

Cold Steel arc has the best gameplay imo.

Part of it is because they streamlined Orbments. 

Although yeah, the HP inflation is pretty ass on bosses. Way too tanky.

So, that’s 3x. It’s… basically the same, still boring and short. Yeah, Wrys barely survived (one more turn and he would have died), but he was pretty much always gonna live because of Palla and Draco Arran. It was never really intense as a result, since those two are an insta-win button here and, effectively, your only way to win on this difficultly. So yeah, chapter still boring.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The real question you need to ask yourself is, does your job give you a chair? Not standing all day is an important benefit.

Why yes, the position was for one I could do sitting down, thankfully.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Part of it is because they streamlined Orbments. 

Although yeah, the HP inflation is pretty ass on bosses. Way too tanky.

Huh, well so far i've been impressed considering my initial expectations. 

By inflation, i also mean the players crafts. Like holy are they broken! Like, what the hell?

Edited by lightcosmo

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Part of it is because they streamlined Orbments

And just when Rev brought us together :p

Huh, well so far i've been impressed considering my initial expectations. 

By inflation, i also mean the players crafts. Like holy are they broken! Like, what the hell?

You haven't seen broken yet

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

You haven't seen broken yet

It gets more inflated!?

One thing I really like is the nerf on the petrify status. The game didnt need a status that forced a unit out of the game for a while and once they were hit, see ya.

30% chance isnt fair still, but much more managable.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

You can end every boss fight without them attacking once

Including the final boss

And without that 2 free actions art, either

Well, it sounds like modding it will fix alot of the core issues when the time comes.

Edited by lightcosmo

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

And just when Rev brought us together 😛

The eternal struggle.

Well, it sounds like modding it will fix alot of the core issues when the time comes.

Shrimpy: "Cold Steel gameplay too broken so it's bad"

Me: "hehe big numbers"

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well i do have a PS4 so i guess it does go on the wishlist.

I wasn't quite as impressed by the game as some are. TBF, I hadn't gone in blind, which could've readily downgraded the experience. Not to say it was bad, just overhyped on my end.

Nowadays, artsy indie games are plentiful, stick your open palm into the ocean of Steam or even consoles, and you're bound to come up with a bunch of short & immersive marlins.

Back with Shadow of the Colossus first released though (2005), it was unusual. Minimalist yet evocative, it surprised the gaming mainstream, and thus won its great deal of accolades.

By the time Team Ico's third title The Last Guardian (2016) released (the first being Ico in 2001), the video game marketplace had changed radically. And TLG, in addition to whatever faults the game itself had, could not possibly have hoped to have the same monumental impact its spiritual predecessor had enjoyed. In part, because Shadow of the Colossus was responsible for altering that landscape (alongside some other unrelated indie/artsy titles that had caught popularity).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Was cast 1 Quartz always at 10% in Zero/Azure? I know it's 50% in Sky, and if not, wow is that a huge nerf.

Cast 1 is 25% in Zero. Haven’t played Azure yet so I don’t know what it is there.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Unoriginality and the pain of having to name thousands and thousands of settlements. It's the same almost everywhere.

Like:

Massachusetts County Map

Can you tell me this is Massachussets or a disfigured England?

There are two types of settlement names, the first being names that describe the geography of the settlement, and the second being a name inspired by another settlement.

So on hard mode, Sirius and Co.‘s part of the map is easy peasy since Sirius one rounds literally everything.

On maniac mode…. what? How are you supposed to not die and get the village?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So on hard mode, Sirius and Co.‘s part of the map is easy peasy since Sirius one rounds literally everything.

You wanted this chaos.gif

Just now, Sooks said:

I know it's possible, but very tricky. The easy solution is to use rescue on a tanky Kris to take out the enemies for them, although I don't know how tanky your Kris is if reclassed to something like cav. 

Okay, I've mostly gone through the entire Presidential Metro to reach Adams Air Force Base where the Enclave is. And... ahaha, here's the ingenious way they simulated riding a train car.

Mr. Train Hat hides under the ground - 9GAG

Truly human ingenuity has come far by the 2070's...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, I've mostly gone through the entire Presidential Metro to reach Adams Air Force Base where the Enclave is. And... ahaha, here's the ingenious way they simulated riding a train car.

I remember laughing so hard when I found that out. Gotta love Bethesda.

8 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I know it's possible, but very tricky. The easy solution is to use rescue on a tanky Kris to take out the enemies for them, although I don't know how tanky your Kris is if reclassed to something like cav. 

I have mercenary Kris…

Just now, Sooks said:

I have mercenary Kris…

I mean, that's pretty good for the pirates with good sword rank. You're also presumably fast enough to double the pirates even if you reclass, although I don't know your reclassing options without the extra male set option for beating the game once. Worst case scenario, you actually have to manage with just Sirius and Ogma. I'm sure you'll manage...after probably 7+ attempts.

Okay, reached the end of the metro, time to being the final assault on the Enclave at Adams AFB. Though that will be for another day. Probably Sunday, since that's when I'll have a free day again, hah.

3 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I mean, that's pretty good for the pirates with good sword rank. You're also presumably fast enough to double the pirates even if you reclass, although I don't know your reclassing options without the extra male set option for beating the game once. Worst case scenario, you actually have to manage with just Sirius and Ogma. I'm sure you'll manage...after probably 7+ attempts.

The mercenary class set also has knight, fighter, hunter, pirate, and dark mage.