Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh yeah, there it is. “On Normal mode, all units will level to a minimum of level 20” is what U was referring to. Yes, every unit gets like 1-3 levels, but not anything to save someone who’s been on the bench since the beginning of the game. Sorry, I wasn’t specific enough.

17 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Tfw you go do a chill run (as in, just fooling around more than anything and trying silly stuff) of Conquest and you miss a critical 80 on the forest boss

Well, that's it for being a chill xD

It’s Conquest, it was never going to stay chill.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

eh let me fool around for a bit. As i said my goal isn't really to finish it kek

Hmm, let's try ballistician Niles and Myrm Odin. Might as well go full crazy if i am doing it kek

Edited by Father Shrimpas

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course you'd do a chill run of Conquest. Then again, I'm not one to talk. I'm the guy who did a chill New Mystery run and ended up losing like 15 units.

I mean, I'm doing my new mystery ironman rn as a way to chill. Isnt it great to just vibe to the sound of units dying and just ignoring it because you too chill to mourn or reset?

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What he wasn't was a unit that could frontline,

Why is this over half of my army in every playthrough?

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The increased difficulty has made literally every map more fun so far except chapter 3, but the problem there is more the wyverns moving than their stats.

Glad to hear it. 

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve literally never, ever used him beyond getting his support with Eirika for shipping purposes (but because GBA that can be done in three chapters) since the entire internet says he breaks his game and makes it not fun, he goes to the bench immediately

Well you were kind enough to give him a love life, so he can't complain.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That's just not true! Chapter 8 is very chill.

I may hate how Rev handles Fuga's wild ride because of it's cast balance. But even I can't hate seeing Mozu defeat Fuga with a broom.

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

That's just not true! Chapter 8 is very chill.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611bde6a986685d33d7d5

Honestly, most likely i will stop at Ninja or Fox hell or something because i just hate those maps with passion...

On the other hand, one of the main reasons i added Rev ophelia to the logbook is for Reaver Shuriken Breaker memes to cheese Ninja hell

And there we go, the strat is done. Saizo is safely trapped inside the upper room. Now I can sit back, relax and calmly eat up the rest of the map.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Honestly, most likely i will stop at Ninja or Fox hell or something because i just hate those maps with passion...

Inb4 you just do another full run of Conquest just like that.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Inb4 you just do another full run of Conquest just like that.

That could happen yeah lol, knowing how much i am addicted to the game and me being really in the mood for FE but not wanting to play anyone i played before except Fates kek

@Father Shrimpas will be so proud of me, I refunded Cold Steel II (and III due to the advice of my teehee elders, who had to learn this the hard way) and used that money for

bDo3JMz.png
for whenever I’m in the mood for kino plot (well, that’ll be Azure’s job first (probably), hoping it succeeds…). That and I’ll also be able to determine whether or not I can enjoy a pure visual novel (which I should be able to, I don’t hate reading or anything), for future reference (I mean, I played Doki Doki Literature Club! but that’s short and… a unique experience). And, of course, 11 bucks.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

@Father Shrimpas will be so proud of me, I refunded Cold Steel II (and III due to the advice of my teehee elders, who had to learn this the hard way) and used that money for

bDo3JMz.png
for whenever I’m in the mood for kino plot (well, that’ll be Azure’s job first (probably), hoping it succeeds…). That and I’ll also be able to determine whether or not I can enjoy a pure visual novel (which I should be able to, I don’t hate reading or anything), for future reference (I mean, I played Doki Doki Literature Club! but that’s short and… a unique experience). And, of course, 11 bucks.

Nice, enjooooooooy!

I just got Robotics;Notes (which is in the same series as S;G) myself and will start it in a bit^^

btw, don't forget to install this patch!

http://sonome.dareno.me/projects/sghd.html

Remember when I said I'd do it tomorrow?

I lied. I'm doing it now. The strategy is super reliable, so I'm already back where I was.

I think I'll stop now, though. Night time Ruben cannot be trusted with this. I'll finish the second half of the map tomorrow.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Nice, enjooooooooy!

That reminds me, I haven't gotten it yet.

...There, done.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Nice, enjooooooooy!

I just got Robotics;Notes (which is in the same series as S;G) myself and will start it in a bit^^

Another one? On top of Chaos;Child and the other one I forgot the name of? How many of these games are there? And do they all keep the semicolon?

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

btw, don't forget to install this patch!

http://sonome.dareno.me/projects/sghd.html

Huh, does the Steam version not work well?

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If the option exists, the devs should account for the player going for it. Why let me use faculty and out-of-class students if they're going to softlock me for it? That's just awful game design.

Not that I even did that, as I said above. I didn't use all of the Golden Deers, but I did use some of them. It made no difference, because you don't just need to use all the starting students - you also need to put them into the right classes and they need to level well.

Probably because you are part of a wouldn’t prioritize using students from your house over faculty and recruited students. The developers probably assumed that the majority of people would use their house members over faculty, which I’m pretty sure the majority of players did. 

Or here’s an analogy that hopefully makes things clearer: Calling Three Houses a poor game just because one map requires they use their native units and a small minority of player decided not to use their starter Units  in a favor for a niche faculty run is like calling Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon poor games just because Ultra Necrozma happened to have all the stats and moves to hit the majority of Pokémon super effectively and this ended their nuzlocke despite a nuzlocke in general being a  niche style of play. 

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, the problem with this is that the whole reason I was playing Maddening was that I didn't enjoy Hard at all. At first it was okay, but it didn't take long for every single unit to become completely overpowered. On Hard, the game is way too easy to be any fun for me. So, I went Maddening in hopes of it being better. When I got softlocked, I did consider going back and downgrading the difficulty, but what would've been the point? That would've just made the game into a snoozefest like my first run. So, I just quit instead and started a Shadow Dragon run.

That's my problem with Three Houses's difficulties - there isn't a good difficulty. Hard is really easy and Maddening, while difficult, is poorly designed and disincentivices one of the game's supposed draws, unit customization, in favor of making everyone wyverns to survive Reunion at Dawn.

Well, you might find it easy, but others could find it difficult. This is something always annoyed me about the Pokémon community that also translates to Fire Emblem community. Just because one person finds the game easy doesn’t the mean the rest of the players will. Three Houses was my brother’s first game, and he found Three Houses, particularly chapters 17, 14, and 13 of VW difficult. Three Houses wasn’t my first game, but I still found it difficult at times, especially towards the later chapters of AM during my first run. I think the game’s difficulty is just right. And a lot of friends I’ve spoken find this game’s difficultly just fine, not too easy and not too hard. Point is, difficult is subjective, and I don’t think it’s right to claim the game is easy and/or bad for everyone. 

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Another one? On top of Chaos;Child and the other one I forgot the name of? How many of these games are there?

Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate (and 0), Chaos;Child and Robotics;Notes (and R;N Dash)

And do they all keep the semicolon?

yes lol

Huh, does the Steam version not work well?

Some lazy loc choices and some unfortunate choices for terms established before.

19 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon poor games just because Ultra Necrozma happened to have all the stats and moves to hit the majority of Pokémon super effectively and this ended their nuzlocke despite a nuzlocke in general being a  niche style of play. 

difference being Necrozma isn't in the middle of the game iirc, and that Classic style FE has always been a thing the developers made unlike Nuulocke.

In FE even if you got completely RNG screwed the developers always made sure to give you replacements to finish the game with. That's the case in every game before Echoes. While Echoes and 3H attempt to overcome that with how their promotions work (Promotions always make sure there you reach certain minimum stat), those minimum stats aren't enough for Maddening at all due to the heavy stat inflation there.

19 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

ust because one person finds the game easy doesn’t the mean the rest of the players will.

That's why different diffculties exist.

I enjoy 3H and don't find it's hard easy as everyone says it is (especially CF i had alot of trouble with, on the other hand AM was a cakewalk), but compared to other titles in the series before it (in particular: Fates. Most other games are just as crappy as 3H with the difficulty design) the difficulties aren't well designed.

Maddening for me was a grind fiesta to keep up with the enemy stats.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Tfw you reach 4 Villages in ch8 but the game doesn'T give you more than 10k money

😞

The game tells you that three villages gives you the max reward, in the little pop up window thing at the beginning of the map.

Just now, Sooks said:

The game tells you that three villages gives you the max reward, in the little pop up window thing at the beginning of the map.

I know xD

Just want more money for my silly stuff lol

And being sarcastic and bragging

Probably because you are part of a wouldn’t prioritize using students from your house over faculty and recruited students. The developers probably assumed that the majority of people would use their house members over faculty, which I’m pretty sure the majority of players did.

Yes, and that's not a good thing. Again, if the game designers didn't feel like balancing the game so that the faculty are usable, why give me the option? Why let me screw myself over completely just because I like the teachers better than the students? I don't think it's okay to just ignore glaring issues with the game because "it won't affect the majority." That's seriously unfair to the rest of the players.

Or here’s an analogy that hopefully makes things clearer: Calling Three Houses a poor game just because one map requires they use their native units and a small minority of player decided not to use their starter Units  in a favor for a niche faculty run is like calling Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon poor games just because Ultra Necrozma happened to have all the stats and moves to hit the majority of Pokémon super effectively and this ended their nuzlocke despite a nuzlocke in general being a  niche style of play. 

Your analogy is a bit off the mark, I'd say. There is a nuzlocke equivalent for FE, that being Ironman runs. I wasn't Ironmanning. What I was doing was using different units than my starting group. That's like if in a Pokemon game, you were given the option to capture and train any Pokemon you came across... But if you dared to train any of them except for six specific Pokemon, you'd run into an unbeatable boss halfway through and become unable to progress. All of that freedom of choice, wasted because the devs couldn't be bothered to balance their game. Not to mention that in Pokemon, if you run into such a situation, you can at least go back and grind. I couldn't do that in 3H.

Also, you're ignoring that I told you I did use the starting class, with just a couple of exceptions. The problem is that Claude and Lorenz were RNG-screwed and Byleth and Ignatz, while good, were in classes that couldn't frontline. How is any of that my fault? Or are you telling me I should've reset for every bad level Claude got? That's just not fun. The game encourages unit customization, but then punished it with Reunion at Dawn.

Lastly, yes, it's true that it's only "one map", but it is a mandatory map. If you can't beat it, that's it, run over. That's a pretty huge issue, in my opinion.

Well, you might find it easy, but others could find it difficult. This is something always annoyed me about the Pokémon community that also translates to Fire Emblem community. Just because one person finds the game easy doesn’t the mean the rest of the players will. Three Houses was my brother’s first game, and he found Three Houses, particularly chapters 17, 14, and 13 of VW difficult. Three Houses wasn’t my first game, but I still found it difficult at times, especially towards the later chapters of AM during my first run. I think the game’s difficulty is just right. And a lot of friends I’ve spoken find this game’s difficultly just fine, not too easy and not too hard. Point is, difficult is subjective, and I don’t think it’s right to claim the game is easy and/or bad for everyone. 

Well, I'm really happy for you! I never pretended to claim that the game is "easy for everyone." That's not what I intended, and I apologize if it came across that way. It's just, well, for me personally, none of the game's difficulties are fun. I speak from my own experience. It wasn't for lack of trying, I gave the game four different attempts, but I found myself simply unable to enjoy it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Patch installed.

Now it’s time for New Mystery chapter 3, yay…

11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I know xD

Just want more money for my silly stuff lol

And being sarcastic and bragging

Oh, my bad.

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

bet in japanese it was that 3 liner

Qué?

---

Even though BBD is really bad if you don't know it's coming or have bad luck, I must admit that it was one of the only maps I liked from TH Maddening with no NG+. It reminded me a bit of the stealth chapters from PoR, but with the stealth gimmick being me exploiting the enemy AI patterns. Even though it's not the intended route and required my Claude to be Gaudelike, it was kinda neat.

...I still need to finish Maddening, darnit. I'll get to it eventually.

Edited by Benice