• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

You know, Garonquest actually made Kilma a somewhat less asinine boss. Thanks to Iago having Heartseeker and Tactical Advice, I can have a hitrate against him. Hooray.

But then, he still has a billion power with nosferatu and vantage. Vantage which I forgot about... But then Garon procced Dragon Fang, went "I'll rip your heart out" and one-shot him, nos or no nos.

Best hack.

For a moment I thought we might... kindly receive Kilma's generous aid, but Flora said he was too wounded, so we got her instead. Eh, that's okay. He would've just been a worse Iago anyway. Then Hans plundered the villages for 10k gold. Thanks, Hans.

In the Haitakafort, we get Azura, but make no mistake. This hack isn't all boring Fates OCs. The hero-king himself, Marth, also joins. For... some undiscernible reason. Also

https://images2.imgbox.com/b8/36/AW5cclX9_o.png

Best hack continues to be best hack.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So I guess if WW3 ever happens Wraith would be the only TeeHee survivor...

So develop alcoholism the moment it starts you say......

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, Garonquest actually made Kilma a somewhat less asinine boss. Thanks to Iago having Heartseeker and Tactical Advice, I can have a hitrate against him. Hooray.

Kilma...... I don't think I've ever struggled with him.

Yeah, Vantage Nosferatu, but he can't crit and I feel can get a good amount of damage, partly with Felicia debuffing.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/b8/36/AW5cclX9_o.png

Best hack continues to be best hack.

But- But that's the point!

Twitter has shown me another aspect of the Xenoblade 3 trailer. We know Melia says "Ouroboros abhor this world", the context is not yet given.

But it seems we have one piece of the puzzle already. In some of the official art, if we look closely

FLQoZmdX0AArMox?format=jpg&name=large

FLQodLDWUAItEdo?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

FLQogLbWUAATJAI?format=jpg&name=large

and while we don't see it on the artwork themselves

Screenshot_6537.png

Screenshot_6536.png

Lanz is the only one we don't see with this symbol at all but he's probably got it.

What's important to know is that these symbols aren't there from the start. See, this shot

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

This is probably at the beginning of the game (Noah is wearing black). Notice the lack of the Ouroboros in their weapons.

Is our merry band of heroes the Ouroboros? If so, Melia's line is probably early one because we're changing up the status quo. Or is Ouroboros something else and these weapons are modified to fight against them, much like the Hilbert Effect of Xenosaga or the Monado of Xenoblade?

I have reason to believe we are the Ouroboros. Ouroboros in Gnosticism represents the unity of all things in a never-ending cycle of birth and death, destruction and creation. Gnosticism has been a constant theme and our merry band of heroes consists of people from both nations. People from both nations uniting under a common cause, one of which is probably to stop this war. They are sick of it.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! You suck, Armagon! I am so much better than you thanks to my fat.

I hope you get hit by a critical Self-Destruct.

3 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Also called MC which makes me hope we will have PoV switching, would be really cool.

This is a theory i saw floating around

20220209_231303.jpg?width=641&height=432

It makes too much sense, both narratively and gameplay-wise.

I could see the prologue being like, you see both sides and then whatever happens happens to get Noah and Mio away from their groups and that's how the romance friendship starts.

When i first saw him what immediately came to mind was Torna (as in the country not the gang). Am i the only one?

I just saw H.B man. But that's because i've played Xenoblade X.

Machina. Has a Mechanado? Really cool we get a playable Machina tho

He looks more Indoline to me.

So Blades were able to get Babies after XBC2?

Blades, for all intents and purposes, are just as organic as any other sentient life. There are stories of humans and Blades getting married though whether or not offspring is possible remains to be seen. It was maybe seen as taboo because, should something happen to one parent, the Blade parent would also "die". And i really hope nobody was fucking non-human Blades like Wulfric or Boreas.

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

rGKRAtc.png

I see.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What

What...

https://images2.imgbox.com/c3/e0/mwLqcO6g_o.png

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT

WHERE IS GARON!?

I know you got Garon but i just want to imagine where this is what you'd get the whole game.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Currently not a big fan of the new XC3 designs.

Ya know what? I respect that.

Since Not Garon failed to confront the Ice Tribe, given the fact that Garon did it instead, Garon has assigned Not Garon the mission of cleaning the castle floors with Elise. Then Garon gave himself and his team the mission to go to Notre Sagesse and kill Hoshidans.

This story is so much better than the original, I must say. It actually makes a little bit of sense.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know you got Garon but i just want to imagine where this is what you'd get the whole game.

Yes well, you imagine wrong. We got Garon. And it was a great day to be alive.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is our merry band of heroes the Ouroboros?

So will we have Fateful Confrontation as our theme?

Hmm, maybe some real world/Fake world shenanigans? 

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He looks more Indoline to me

that would tip the cast 4-2 to XB2's favour, which makes it unlikely imo

It actually makes a little bit of sense

compared to Fates anything makes sense

20220210_165923.jpg?width=296&height=432

I love good storytelling.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

So will we have Fateful Confrontation as our theme?

Flute-ful Confrontation.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

that would tip the cast 4-2 to XB2's favour, which makes it unlikely imo

And balance is a theming i'm noticing so true.

Lanz looks too organic to be a Machina. Well not even that but Machina have very distinct features and Lanz....doesn't have that.  We shall see.

Also Homs and Human are basically the same thing. 1 was just trying to be fancy.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lanz looks too organic to be a Machina. Well not even that but Machina have very distinct features and Lanz....doesn't have that.  We shall see.

Half Machina Half Homs then?

Also Homs and Human are basically the same thing. 1 was just trying to be fancy.

yeah but gotta be differentiate between XB1 and 2 peeps somehow xD

Oh, Marth gave Azura the wingspear.

Too bad it's attached to her, or I could've given it to Haitaka.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Totally fits Garon:

Oh I almost missed this.

I mean... Sure it does. Von Karma is basically just Garon except a bit better written lol.

At this point I would prefer if Mio wasn't visually a complete clone of Nia, unless there's a plot based reason for it.

XC3 kind of recontextualizes XC1's ending as well. "I'll bring everyone from my universe to this restored planet. What can go wrong?" Unless there's a different reason why the universes combined.

It's possible the Machina evolved to appear more organic over time. Lanz is from Keves which is descended from the people of Bionis and Mechonis, so him being an Alrestian race would be strange. I thought he was Urayan at first but he appears to have bolts on his arms.

Speaking of races, Sena's lack of a Driver suggests that Blades are no longer dependent on them to exist.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Objection! Homs are probably made from ether like the rest of XC1's universe, while humans aren't. As such, Homs are probably more structurally similar to Blades (who I assume are also made from ether) than they are to Alrest's humans. Homs can also manipulate ether themselves, even if they aren't as skilled at it as High Entia, while humans need a Blade to do so.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/12/cb/gQjuqEPP_o.png

I am going to be so sad when I reach the end of the dialogue. Hopefully our friend the Garoncreator will push another update before I get there.

ANYWAY

https://images2.imgbox.com/a2/12/bkl8mQgR_o.png

THERE HE IS

THE MAN

THE MYTH

THE LEGEND

You know that silly little dance armor knights do when they're healed? Garon does it too. I think I might not turn off healer animations, holy shit that's priceless. This whole mod is priceless. I love it so much.

In an alternate universe, Fates had a good story, a monumental story beyond anything Fire Emblem, or even video games, has ever done before. In an alternate universe, Fates had an emotional and thought provoking story with lovable characters, and heart throbbing moments that are remembered long after the game was released. In an alternate universe, Fates' story set a new quality standard for story-telling in video games, as such a tale was life changing to all who experienced it.

But that alternate universe doesn't have stuff like this so it's really hard to say which one is better.

Edited by GuardianSing

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

But that alternate universe doesn't have stuff like this so it's really hard to say which one is better.

Infinite universes suggest there's at least one timeline with both.

We had to get some combination of it I suppose.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, Marth gave Azura the wingspear.

So she gets the Wingspear.

Where's Caeda though?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

There was a shrine maiden with the horrible endgame maid staff skill. I was hoping the modder had removed the capturing restrictions for those skills, but... Oh well, I suppose it would've been too broken. Perhaps I can try the Yayoi experience again. We'll see.

In any case, I won't do Chapter 10 tonight, obviously, but I did check out who joins. Looks like the modder had the same idea as me, because he erased Camilla from existence and had Nichol replace her. Senno joins alongside him, which made me happier than it probably should've. Oh, and Beruka is still here, I guess.

So far the maps have been pretty similar to the original ones. There have been some differences, though. Apparently the maps will become more and more unique as we go.

...Perhaps I'll play some more Pokemon before bed. Sounds like just the thing to unwind. If you're curious at all, these are the pokemon I captured before going to have dinner.

https://images2.imgbox.com/e6/b7/n1G7SaNz_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/29/ac/qBzZiNVn_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/0c/ed/hFHVaqhg_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/e7/5b/4INw3SD8_o.png

I find myself quickly running out of ideas for names.

19 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

In an alternate universe, Fates had a good story, a monumental story beyond anything Fire Emblem, or even video games, has ever done before. In an alternate universe, Fates had an emotional and thought provoking story with lovable characters, and heart throbbing moments that are remembered long after the game was released. In an alternate universe, Fates' story set a new quality standard for story-telling in video games, as such a tale was life changing to all who experienced it.

Hahahahahahahahah

Oh that's so true though. Imagine a universe where Fates is literally the perfect game in every possible aspect, but Garon is a sensible character. I would be so sad...

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So she gets the Wingspear.

Where's Caeda though?

Marth rambled about a person called Shiida. I think he was delusional.

I must say, awesome detail that you watch the little dork capture his first pokemon with the same interface as regular gameplay. Guy even goes into his backpack to fetch the pokeball, that's neat.

What isn't neat is that Blasco finds a Ralts within five minutes of looking, while I had to hack the game as a wee lad to raise the chance because I couldn't get one no matter how hard I tried. Damn you, Blasco! Blasco, more like... Bastardo!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, and Beruka is still here, I guess.

Pfffft, honestly at that point just replace her with Candace. Or Reinhard.

https://images2.imgbox.com/e6/b7/n1G7SaNz_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/29/ac/qBzZiNVn_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/0c/ed/hFHVaqhg_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/e7/5b/4INw3SD8_o.png

Why Takumi for- Ah jeez, really?

What's Nenufar mean?

....Hilda is a weird choice in context because Wurmple has two lines it can randomly become and I feel like neither fit.

Marth rambled about a person called Shiida. I think he was delusional.

So this person is European. Good, they have the right of it.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Vader did it better.

Actually, who's surrounding the Custodes?

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Infinite universes suggest there's at least one timeline with both.

We had to get some combination of it I suppose.

That could be this one. It's not too late, IS could still remake Fates!

Pîhtokahanapiwiyin is still on the table.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahahahahahah

Oh that's so true though. Imagine a universe where Fates is literally the perfect game in every possible aspect, but Garon is a sensible character. I would be so sad...

For every bad story, there's a great meme.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In any case, I won't do Chapter 10 tonight, obviously, but I did check out who joins. Looks like the modder had the same idea as me, because he erased Camilla from existence and had Nichol replace her. Senno joins alongside him, which made me happier than it probably should've. Oh, and Beruka is still here, I guess.

Camilla I thought would've made sense as she's the only sibling who actually seems indifferent to the stuff Garon does.

I still remember what she said before you fought Iago. It was basically "I don't care one way or the other, I'm only doing this because Corrin is"

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Pfffft, honestly at that point just replace her with Candace. Or Reinhard.

I do believe Candace is in this game. Reinhardt... I don't think Fates hacking is quite so advanced as to add whole new characters yet.

Why Takumi for- Ah jeez, really?

I'm guessing you got it? It was the best I could come up with.

What's Nenufar mean?

Lilypad in Spanish. Given that the game itself is in Spanish, it must look pretty cruel to capture a poke and name it after the thing it carries on its back.

....Hilda is a weird choice in context because Wurmple has two lines it can randomly become and I feel like neither fit.

Don't overthink it. I called it Hilda because it's a worm.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Pîhtokahanapiwiyin is still on the table.

Let's go with Pihto.

...No wait, that sounds awfully close to "pito", which means "penis" in Spanish. Given that the folks of Hoenn (Hoennians? Hoenns? Hoennae? Hohenheims?) speak Spanish, it may be a bad call to give such a name to a poke.

For every bad story, there's a great meme.

Let's not forget, they are the DNA of the soul!

Camilla I thought would've made sense as she's the only sibling who actually seems indifferent to the stuff Garon does.

I still remember what she said before you fought Iago. It was basically "I don't care one way or the other, I'm only doing this because Corrin is"

Camilla's character trait is Corrin, so... She's probably watching Not Garon scrub the floors of Garon Keep from behind a column. Too busy doing that to aid her dad.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

What isn't neat is that Blasco finds a Ralts within five minutes of looking, while I had to hack the game as a wee lad to raise the chance because I couldn't get one no matter how hard I tried. Damn you, Blasco! Blasco, more like... Bastardo!

That's Wally's name in Spanish.

Okay.

Wally is a hacker confirmed

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That could be this one. It's not too late, IS could still remake Fates!

I don't know if we want to roll that dice.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I got my driver's licence! Hooray!

Congrats!

Lilypad in Spanish. Given that the game itself is in Spanish, it must look pretty cruel to capture a poke and name it after the thing it carries on its back.

It's arguably over literal, but it'd be far from the first time that's happened.

See Spot Run anyone?

I do believe Candace is in this game. Reinhardt... I don't think Fates hacking is quite so advanced as to add whole new characters yet.

I was on about a generic wyvern rider.

And I'm a little surprised, considering Sumeragi could be added as playable. But the issue there is the models, but I feel like that shouldn't be impossible either with the game having a unit editor in game that it could be used to make other models. Though maybe that's early days.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't overthink it. I called it Hilda because it's a worm.

I didn't need to though.