Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I shared my state at the beginning of the direct, remember?

On 2/9/2022 at 11:01 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Admittedly, I didn't laugh as hard in real life, but it still got me smirking pretty hard.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Lack of info is something sadly 90% of rpgs struggle with.

No kidding. Letting you know how much damage you're going to do, exactly, is something they all seem allergic to. Makes one appreciate FE, despite all the rants.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

lol

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Makes one appreciate FE, despite all the rants

It's something i honestly only really noticed after i played FE

but since FE is a mainstay in my game library for now and the forseeable future Please don't pulla a Trails on me, it becomes very apparent everytime i play a rpg and go ''i wish i had info ala FE atm'' lol

I was about to remark how disappointed I was that Paralogue 1 was still available.

But Mozu got nuked for Ike and Lucina. Who are... ever so slightly less disappointing, probably still bench material not gonna lie.

EDIT: Mozu did not get nuked. She's still there, just Ike and Lucina are also there. Rejoice, Mozu fans. Honestly? I just appreciate the experience for Team Garon.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

It's something i honestly only really noticed after i played FE

but since FE is a mainstay in my game library for now and the forseeable future Please don't pulla a Trails on me, it becomes very apparent everytime i play a rpg and go ''i wish i had info ala FE atm'' lol

Yeah, same here. After all these years playing FE, with games like Into The Breach as my non-FE strategy experiences, it's something you come to notice.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh wait, never mind. Mozu did get nuked. She's still on the map, but the faceless boss has been moved next to her. It stole Lucina and Ike's personal weapons, too, which it uses to blow the little girl out of the park.

Ah well. Someone else will cry for her. As for me... I neglected to mention reclass options. Since supports aren't a thing in this hack, the modder added extra reclass options for everyone. Niles, for instance, gets to become a dark flier. Awesome.

Also I just missed a 96. Because Ruben luck.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sitting Bull actually. Better I suppose, but still kinda bad. It's aged about as well as the joke of using an image of Al Gore for the Internet technology. 

They've certainly done more research with more the recent games. At the least, they're finding linguists to try pronouncing dead languages like Akkadian. 

Not to say there still aren't some mistakes- Boudicca & Ambiorix should not be painted with woad, that is caustic on the skin! Montezuma speaks terrible Classical Nahuatl and is dressed horrendously. And why do the Maori get the ability to sail the high seas from the start and are discouraged from chopping trees when they were the "Land Polynesians" I'm told and deforested the islands of modern New Zealand? (Answer- they're repping all of Polynesia and the idea of environmentally-conscious indigenous peoples.) Improvement is a gradual process.

Aye, not everything is perfect. I'm still salty about how they portrayed Cyrus and Saladin.

Sitting Bull is not a bad choice for a leader of the Lakota people, but in the Context of Civ VI and their "Generic Native American" Civ, it just feels lazy.

Thats what Civ VI is for! Where claims of too much Anglosphere aren't exactly unwarranted, between a very British Scotland, Australia, and Canada.

Mexico I kinda like being included. I'm not sure exactly what percentage of the population has indigenous ancestry, but due to Spanish colonial views on racial intermixing being different from English views, I would assume that it is significant. That, and I kinda like having an unusual pick. Oh, and I forgot that Brazil is in the game as a Contemporary pick too, gotta include the Lusophone titan of modern South America.

I feel that Mexico and the US could've gotten their own separate paths, it's not like we don't know of any super ancient societies in main land USA, same goes for Canada and Mexico.

A good amount of Mexicans are of indigenous descent but most don't think it since there isn't nearly as big of a Native conscious in Mexico as there is in the US. Mexico has a history of unifying all the people as Mexicans and nothing more which had the consequence of killing of many indigenous cultures. In urban areas especially, many Mexicans just say they're Spanish or Mexican.

Not all of course. The sum of my people, the Maya, are still going strong with their culture and language in the Yucatan.

...Sorry, went on a tangent there

The Civilization franchise's charm rests in part on having big personalities serving as the immortal leaders of each civilization. Humankind doesn't have leaders taken from history, there are AI-generated generic leaders that change clothing as the game progresses.

Since the cultures don't need a known face to throw some charisma on, Humankind has the potential to include peoples who wouldn't normally stand a chance in Civilization because we don't know enough about them. And the Olmecs are one example of this. I haven't bought the game yet, I'm waiting for more DLC + gameplay refinements + a sale, but I can appreciate this choice.

Olmec were also included to have something in the Americas for the Ancient Era when the game first released. As all the rest are located in the Mediterranean and Fertile Crescent, plus Zhou China, the Harrapans from the Indus River, and now the Bantu for Sub-Saharan Africa.  

I played the game last night and I finally understand. It's true that with no leader representation, you can included cultures that we have scarce knowledge on, and hey, with the customizable player, you can try and make a leader who looks and acts like a real historical person.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is one indigenous American-themed game I'm aware of.:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/never-alone-kisima-ingitchuna-wii-u/

A Switch port will be released later this month. Short, and the gameplay isn't perfect, but enjoyably atmospheric the reviews say.

Ah, Inuit it looks like to me. This is what I'm looking forward to, first people's games that give a more mystical feel and draw from indigenous mythology.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have captured a soaring seagull. I have decided to fall back on one of the back up names for this.

https://images2.imgbox.com/dc/9a/XdZXLqNH_o.png

I'm liking Nealuchi's performance, but I'll give Menelik a chance to compete and prove himself. He's not bad so far! Nealuchi is a better brawler, but water pistol seems to be more effective on pokes that are weak to water, such as fire and gamer types.

The king of Ethiopia, after dying at age 69, he reincarnated as a seagull as hid away in a Pokemon rom file.

This is killin' me.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've decided to give it the other name Guardian suggested. Felt it was appropriate, after this thing pounded my entire team to hell and back.

GuardianSing is more like a title. Call me Quetzal.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Bad End Dimitri becomes Garon, eh?

So it seems.

18 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The king of Ethiopia, after dying at age 69, he reincarnated as a seagull as hid away in a Pokemon rom file.

Haha funny number death.

...Sorry. I'm really sorry.

This is killin' me.

Well, you did ask for it.

GuardianSing is more like a title. Call me Quetzal.

Ahhhh like the waifu in the one anime lolololol--

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's sad that I likely know you're referring to Fate/Stay... and that I have a back-up answer if not...

It's sad that like five different animes have appropriated the name for various generic waifus. And for the record, no, it wasn't Fate.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

But Quetzal isn't F/SN, but F/GO

Still Fate.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It's sad that like five different animes have appropriated the name for various generic waifus. And for the record, no, it wasn't Fate.

Honestly, I'd take Final Fantasy's take of Quetzalcoatl:

Quetzalcoatl - Overview - Guardian Forces | Final Fantasy VIII | Gamer  Guides®

Say what you will, it's not plumed serpent, but at least it wasn't "turn into waifu" decision.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

>Me knowing none of them:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a7414abf979afb2f48

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It's still a GF tho /s

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha funny number death.

...Sorry. I'm really sorry.

*sigh* It was my fault for mentioning the age.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhhh like the waifu in the one anime lolololol--

You'll have to be a bit more specific.

Quetzalcoatl (Fate / Grand Order) | Fate, Fate servants ...Pin by laps on Memes :v | Miss kobayashi's dragon maid ...

Two waifus that share my real name, that's two more than I thought there would be.

And of course, they're both white

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Say what you will, it's not plumed serpent, but at least it wasn't "turn into waifu" decision.

Yeeeaah it's more dignified, at least.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>Me knowing none of them:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a7414abf979afb2f48

Well, you always were a sweet summer child playing with sticks...

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

*sigh* It was my fault for mentioning the age.

Well, you did put more faith in my maturity than you should've.

You'll have to be a bit more specific.

Quetzalcoatl (Fate / Grand Order) | Fate, Fate servants ...Pin by laps on Memes :v | Miss kobayashi's dragon maid ...

First one is... uhhh, at least the attire she's wearing is a little accurate? If you google Quetzalcoatl and check the image that shows up on Wikipedia, it seems to match somewhat. That's probably what they did lol

It's better than the second one, at least. Second one is taking a fancy name and slapping it on the big booba waifu whose entire personality is being horny for an 8 year old, for no reason.

That's the one I was referring to, by the way. My sincerest apologies.

Two waifus that share my real name, that's two more than I thought there would be.

And of course, they're both white

That's an oof.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I keep hearing the LiveALive main theme in my head.

It's become an earworm. This is dangerous to me avoiding a day 1 purchase.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

I’m drunk!

I should show you Dargan, you'd like his attitude.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

First one is... uhhh, at least the attire she's wearing is a little accurate? If you google Quetzalcoatl and check the image that shows up on Wikipedia, it seems to match somewhat. That's probably what they did lol

It puts me in mind of a really eccentric Halloween costume. Well made but not entirely accurate.

I'd nitpick but I'm too tired at this point.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's better than the second one, at least. Second one is taking a fancy name and slapping it on the big booba waifu whose entire personality is being horny for an 8 year old, for no reason.

That's the one I was referring to, by the way. My sincerest apologies.

For the type of show she's in and the type of character she is, I'm glad they didn't even try to make her look Mexica (Me Shee Ka. The Mexica people who made up the Aztec Empire)

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's an oof.

In fairness, my name is Quetzal, after the bird, not Quetzalcoatl.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hey, not their fault he was the White Tezcatlipoca.

Details details.