• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Garon.

Ah, so you agree it’s the best one.

I... don't think I'll be playing more Pokemon than this. It'll be surprising enough if I beat this at all.

I mean, yeah, all I mean is that it’s hard to go back to Roselia now that we have Roserade.

A corrupted egg. Shows up when you use cheats to steal pokemons from other trainers. Because stealing is bad.

And that destroys your save file?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

What about the Xenosaga fans? Were we forgotten about?

Yes, you are failures, exiled to wander the emptiness of space until the end of eternity, never to return to civilization. The only gift you shall ever be granted is two androids. A new perfect being has been created at last, whose rule upon the Earth and lively cosmos will proceed uninterrupted forevermore. Let the castigation of solitude suffocate your souls.

😛

---

There has been one thought going my head that I hadn't yet written down. That being- Xenoblade Warriors lost a little luster with this latest Direct. We have, roughly, XC1's world vs. XC2's. Part of the fun of a Musou crossover would be, however short before the unification against a True Enemy, a scuffle between the two bands of heroes.

That said, I still want a Xenoblade Warriors. Though with each new game the roster will require less of each be represented, which is sad. XC3 existing means Sharla and Reyn are definitively getting the axe IMO (Riki might be spared for Nopon representation), repping TtGC is also out of the picture. Egil is an important villain, but I'm thinking he won't fit and we'd have to make do with just Metal Face. And yeah, Elma really is going to have be all alone, I'm not sure we can justify T-elos either.

Maybe Xenoblade Tactics would be a better idea then. SRPGs can have more characters in them with less issues.

FLR6-0cVQAICT3i?format=jpg&name=large

This line is funnier after Xenoblade 3.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't believe it's already that time of the year when Armagon and I agree on something.

I just hate looking at him and he reminds me of the worst character in TMS (who thankfully isn't a party member).

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

xfpmonpzt6h81.jpg

FLPTJbsWUAMCpdc?format=png&name=small

Alternatively

FLPq1M2VkAAM1c6?format=jpg&name=large

BRUH LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

What about the Xenosaga fans? Were we forgotten about?

Watching from the sidelines along with Xenogears and Xenoblade X fans.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

r1hc9R3.png

Aggron is cool because he is MechaGodzilla.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The only gift you shall ever be granted is two androids.

Actually, i do wonder, are they gonna put in KOS-MOS again?

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That being- Xenoblade Warriors lost a little luster with this latest Direct. We have, roughly, XC1's world vs. XC2's. Part of the fun of a Musou crossover would be, however short before the unification against a True Enemy, a scuffle between the two bands of heroes.

I mean FE Warriors did have Fates already so i don't think it really matters.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This line is funnier after Xenoblade 3

Character Development xD

That pic reminds me that i am in the mood for some XB2 now, especially after all the hype the last few days...

Sadly, i won't have access to my switch for the next 2-3 months or so....

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FLPq1M2VkAAM1c6?format=jpg&name=large

BRUH LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

pfft-water.gif

After consideration

latest.png

I have decided that Eunie is probably my favorite design of the main party. I will require lots of fan-art of her bonus points if it's of the nude variety.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Character Development xD

And then i booted up FC real quick

FLR45IBVcAAM5fG?format=jpg&name=large

FLR45IHVcAAuGNh?format=jpg&name=large

FLR45H_VcAMjKEF?format=jpg&name=large

FLR45IMVEAUjdQV?format=jpg&name=large

This convo hits different after Xenoblade 3.

And in the announcement, they said Xenoblade 3 connects the futures of Xenoblade 1 and 2. "Future Connected will show the future of the Xenoblade Chronicles series". Takahashi keeps getting away with it!

15 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

That pic reminds me that i am in the mood for some XB2 now, especially after all the hype the last few days...

Gonna try to get the remaining Blades/NG+?

15 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Sadly, i won't have access to my switch for the next 2-3 months or so....

RIP.

Ah and 13 Sentinels Switch is in two months too. RIP

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Actually, i do wonder, are they gonna put in KOS-MOS again?

KOS-MOS, T-elos, Shulk, Fiora, and Elma all benefitted from the Blade system. Without that, any of them being playable would've been out of the picture. Not being able to play as Kossy would make an appearance by her less interesting. So maybe they wouldn't have her in. But then, it's KOS-MOS, the queen of crossovers. Sure she was nowhere in sight for XC1 other than Fiora, but let's not count out a cameo entirely, unless Bamco makes doing so prohibitive.

However, XC1DE having -however slight- the Land of Challenge, assures to me that it will almost certainly exist again, and that there will be Elma. She was a boss last time, maybe she could be one again, and jazz it up this time with an Ares so it's not a repeat of the Ghost Factory Nightmare (Shall I suggest "New" Fallen Arm or "New" Mor Ardain for the venue? Skells "fit" best in Oblivia IMO.). Shulk and Rex would be so un-intimidating as enemies that I couldn't see them bossified by themselves. Although, maybe they could be if we followed the Tales Cameo Battle format, and to compensate for their lack of threatening presence of their nerd and shota selves, paired them each with two friends. Shulk-Dunban/Reyn-Fiora/Sharla would make for a good fight, as would RexxPyMy-NiaxDro-ToraxPop, get ready to be chain attacked to death. (Assuming Rex and Shulk haven't taken life-extenders and are hiding in XC3's shadows. Though even if they were, their younger selves wouldn't be unjustifiable.)

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I have decided that Eunie is probably my favorite design of the main party. I will require lots of fan-art of her bonus points if it's of the nude variety.

uyOyfnB.png

You're not wrong though, Bird Shion is good.

We also now have additional context for why XCDE exists. Previously I thought XCDE was made to benefit from XC2's popularity, but now we know that XC3 is a sequel to both games, so Monolith wanted Switch players to have access to the first game so they're up to speed. It sure was nice of Monolith to put the entire trilogy on one console.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have no idea. You guys are supposed to be the experts here.

For a pokemon with a small enough movepool and low stats that is surprising. It's defence is the one good stat it has.

Did it crit a bunch?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, because shooting water does so much damage to rocks. I know, erosion, but that takes literal thousands of years.

Torrents of water can be very effective in fairness.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

very hard to do. I am usually happy if i come out with 5k gold or so

That sounds painful when there's over 22k potentially.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

just found out that, for some undiscernible reason, the Japanese trailer for Live a Live is different. It's also better. You see more combat shots, artwork for all the characters, and it has Megalomania at the end.

Why, Japan? Why downgrade the trailer for the west? What was the point...?

Watches.

Interesting.

(Talking spoilery stuff for those who saw only the Eng trailer.)

Spoiler

imo, I think it was the right call to not directly address Oersted internationally. I think that surprise will be something to benefit new players. I can get being more open when the game's been out in Japan, but this is selling to a market where most will know pretty much nothing. Doubly so for the endgame footage.

Can't disagree on the artwork, would have been nice during the footage for each era.

I was expecting to see more combat actually when you said it, but that was less than I thought there'd be. Some more, but mostly animations for attacks which makes sense.

Nice Megalovania remix.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I'm trying to say is, I'm still angry. Roselia is so fucking cool, why can't I have it!?

Well, Roselia is meh in Gen 3, but it got an evolution and a pre-evo in Gen 4 for some reason.

Roserade is cool imo, but I don't know if you'd feel the same.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

You're not wrong though, Bird Shion is good.

Ah now.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

That sounds painful when there's over 22k potentially.

i think max i got was 7k or so

Thing is, early on you can try to bait enemies with unequipped ally, but once they start to rush you with Ponies and Dragons, and Soldiers with that position switcher skill, you will have no choice but to kill them or die

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

However, XC1DE having -however slight- the Land of Challenge, assures to me that it will almost certainly exist again, and that there will be Elma. She was a boss last time, maybe she could be one again, and jazz it up this time with an Ares so it's not a repeat of the Ghost Factory Nightmare (Shall I suggest "New" Fallen Arm or "New" Mor Ardain for the venue? Skells "fit" best in Oblivia IMO.). Shulk and Rex would be so un-intimidating as enemies that I couldn't see them bossified by themselves. Although, maybe they could be if we followed the Tales Cameo Battle format, and to compensate for their lack of threatening presence of their nerd and shota selves, paired them each with two friend

And then you unlock the final challenges which is "an unknown duo approaches". You take the challenge and then you hear

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You're not wrong though, Bird Shion is good

We are in agreement then.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

star-wars-visions-ronin-1014x570.jpg

Edited by Armagon

58 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

42zTJsL.png

That's not Garon, that's me.

57 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah, so you agree it’s the best one.

Well, not necessarily, it just has a Garon vibe to it.

I mean, yeah, all I mean is that it’s hard to go back to Roselia now that we have Roserade.

I guess it probably is.

And that destroys your save file?

According to rumors, yeah. I'm not sure if they do, but child me was terrified of the possibility. So I found a glitch that allowed me to erase it from existence. Couldn't be dropped naturally, as far as I recall.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

For a pokemon with a small enough movepool and low stats that is surprising. It's defence is the one good stat it has.

Did it crit a bunch?

I don't know. I just now it left all of my mons in the red until I threw Nealuchi out. He was the only one who stood a chance. Even Loogi got his ass handed to him.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Watches.

Interesting.

(Talking spoilery stuff for those who saw only the Eng trailer.)

Reveal hidden contents

imo, I think it was the right call to not directly address Oersted internationally. I think that surprise will be something to benefit new players. I can get being more open when the game's been out in Japan, but this is selling to a market where most will know pretty much nothing. Doubly so for the endgame footage.

Can't disagree on the artwork, would have been nice during the footage for each era.

I was expecting to see more combat actually when you said it, but that was less than I thought there'd be. Some more, but mostly animations for attacks which makes sense.

Nice Megalovania remix.

Those are fair points, but... At least they could've given us Megalomania! And yeah, I did say "more combat shots", not "more combat." Frankly, the reason I brought it up was that the Nintendo trailer had so little combat that I was a bit worried they'd ditch the original system and go for generic RPG combat. With the additional shots, it's a bit clearer that isn't the case.

Also, Youtube reccs have just now showed me that the extended trailer was released in English yesterday. So I don't know. I guess the Nintendo trailer was meant to catch the interest of new people, while the extended Squenix trailer was intended for folks who already knew about the game? But they're both available publicly in Youtube, so... who the hell knows, honestly.

...I can hardly wait. I need July to get here now. Quick, someone lend me Okarin's magical microwave.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then you unlock the final challenges which is "an unknown duo approaches". You take the challenge and then you hear

This would be a dream. Not as big a dream as a Xenosaga HD remaster where the duo say "Hi!" 3/4ths of the way into Episode 3 and return the favor after all the favors KOS-MOS has done them (co-piloting some giant robot they confiscated from Saya's next scheme when necessary). But still, a dream.

I want it.

I just noticed the video's description.

"Gameplay refined for a modern audience"

Does this mean they're fixing the gameplay's issues? An elitist would immediately take this to mean bad news, but... If they actually refine Live a Live and allow it to reach its full potential, this may very well become my new second-favorite JRPG.

AAAAARGH! Where that time machine? I need it!

...Or at the very least, let me jump to April so I can get Lego Star Wars to hold me over.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

same person!

I am flattered, but come now. I am not Garon. I wish I were!

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

We can also just join Cern ourselves and then it will be an absolute win

Good idea. Then I can

Spoiler

shoot Prop in the face over and over.

Now that's what I would call an absolute victoree, victoree.

Just now, Sooks said:

Second favorite JRPG? What’s number one?

Take a wild guess.