Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

More specifically, one of the screenshots shows the persuasion mechanic or whatever it’s called, with a pop up window that shows a character who wants to pick the yellow option with the player given the ability to attempt to persuade her to pick the red option, all in English, and in the background you can clearly see the labels that show which characters want to make what decision in… what I want to say is Spanish, because I recognize Ir a, sal, and casa from class, but I’m not enough of an expert to say that wholly distinguishes it from another Romance language. Thanks in advance, Acacia. Either way, that seems like a strange oversight in a screenshot intended for the game’s store page, which might not be a great sign.

Haha, really? *goes to check* Oh, it's true! lol

Must be the Spanglish version. XD

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

*Lovebirds Cutscene intensifies*

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, they were up in NoA's Facebook page back in 2013. Five of them. Here's the last one:

I left out the Sumia and Awakening Tiki ones because they're pretty young ladies, them getting VDay cards is not inconceivable. Emmeryn is a little out there, especially with that quip. And Validar and Walhart... nobody could've expected them. The cringe adds to the charm.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How far are you, anyway?

Between Flannery and Norman, in your language.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haha, really? *goes to check* Oh, it's true! lol

Must be the Spanglish version. XD

Muy great trabajo, Nintendo.

Oh, apparently the Benedict focused trailer came out and I never noticed. Apparently spy girl from the demo and him have the same last name, hmmm. The Benedict trailer also reveals a lot of deigns Ruben would be a fan of, so that’s cool.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

@Robert Stewart has talked a little in this thread, and get a Mankey named after him.

Wow, that's nice, I'm surprised anyone remembered.

Mankey's alright I guess.

In unrelated news, I had a power outage this morning. That was a fun couple hours.

Also, I forgot to promote it here, but I'm streaming FE4 now instead of FE3. I've just finished Chapter 4 today and achieved all of my planned pairings. I've shifter my stream to 1 PM CST just to see if that's more convenient for most people...but it doesn't seem like it's led to any more people watching. Not that it matters I guess. :v

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, apparently the Benedict focused trailer came out and I never noticed. Apparently spy girl from the demo and him have the same last name, hmmm. The Benedict trailer also reveals a lot of deigns Ruben would be a fan of, so that’s cool.

Hah! Just saw it. It's the Old People With Beards trailer.

Me facing the Experiment boss:

7a84a396f9d02dc48347424f1db2ea8b.gif

Holy shit, I actually won. Definitely died over a dozen times just now.

Spoiler

Thank fuck the parasite couldn't take the heat.

58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Smh, no Lilina reaction image.

I was less annoyed, more befuddled.

The last fight with Luciola was the worst thing ever, even if Luciola herself was the least annoying part of it. Why would you make a boss that's healed by physical attacks Falcom? Whyyyyy...

But anyway, now I only have one Enforcer, the edgy sword guy, and presumably the main villain to defeat, and then the game is over. Hopefully the Grail Locket prevents deathblow.

Since Luciola took almost an hour to defeat, how long should it take to finish the game from this point? FC had some stuff to do even after beating the final boss, so I'd like to have an estimate for how long it should take for me to finish SC.

>Sees 10+ pages since my last visit

Nah, i ain't responding to all that. If i missed something, lmk.

Anyways

29 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Me facing the Experiment boss:

7a84a396f9d02dc48347424f1db2ea8b.gif

Holy shit, I actually won. Definitely died over a dozen times just now.

Did you do the funny oneshot?

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The last fight with Luciola was the worst thing ever, even if Luciola herself was the least annoying part of it. Why would you make a boss that's healed by physical attacks Falcom? Whyyyyy...

Hated that boss so much lmao.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Did you do the funny oneshot?

I don't think so.

I did get the melee counter and a shinespark hit (fluky though it was) in my successful run.

I learned abourt the Kraid one just now and Oooooo, I feel bad for 'im.

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yes, that boss sucks.

Hopefully the Grail Locket prevents deathblow.

I believe it does.

Since Luciola took almost an hour to defeat, how long should it take to finish the game from this point? FC had some stuff to do even after beating the final boss, so I'd like to have an estimate for how long it should take for me to finish SC.

Maybe like, 5-10 hours? With it probably being closer to the 5 then the 10. As far as stuff after the final boss, there is stuff but not like, a bunch of NPCs to run around and talk to if you want or a side quest if you feel like it like in the last game.

Btw, make sure you have someone prepared to spam earth wall for the final boss. Kevin works because he also has grail sphere as a nice bonus, but you’ll want something you can use more often than that too, hence earth wall.

Edited by Sooks

So does it just end if you hit him during that moment?

Honestly I just had a bad time getting through that attack at all, constantly losing boost and getting hit. I think I did decently the first time I got there and then just messed it up every other time.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So does it just end if you hit him during that moment?

Yep. This is the only Shinespark instakill that works on a boss too, any other instances just deal big damage. Which is still useful.

Don't work on Raven Beak tho. I tried.

And to absolutely no one’s surprise, the three stats that define your story are still complete invisible to the player. I really don’t like that.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Final boss didn't vanish you huh?

Yeah it goes through Earth wall, and no, you can't revive from final boss's death vanish attack

OH RIGHT

@Lightchao42 Spam Earth Wall but when the final boss charges a small AoE attack around your entire party when it’s close to dying, have everyone run for their life.

Yep. This is the only Shinespark instakill that works on a boss too, any other instances just deal big damage. Which is still useful.

Funny, my successful run pretty much ended on the shinespark, just next time he popped back in to be hit.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And to absolutely no one’s surprise, the three stats that define your story are still complete invisible to the player. I really don’t like that.

I'm wondering if the game has NG+ and there it'll show you what each will do for your convictions. What with being able to see the routes you can take despite it functionally not being too useful unless it's there or for time travel and I somehow doubt the latter's the case. I think it'd be the way to go to allow to have that information for completion's sake. Maybe I'm seeing an idea the dev's didn't see or wouldn't implement though.

I honestly prefer it off for my first time to try and not think about the mechanics that would thus alter my choices though.

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

This was funny until the last like seven things Shadow listed, six of which are actually good (I don’t know what he means by “lose”), and now this is not funny because I do not like agreeing with edgy sonic character #7382, how dare he.

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm wondering if the game has NG+ and there it'll show you what each will do for your convictions. What with being able to see the routes you can take despite it functionally not being too useful unless it's there or for time travel and I somehow doubt the latter's the case. I think it'd be the way to go to allow to have that information for completion's sake. Maybe I'm seeing an idea the dev's didn't see or wouldn't implement though.

I honestly prefer it off for my first time to try and not think about the mechanics that would thus alter my choices though.

More specifically, I don’t like the implementation of how completely random dialogue choices affect the stats that define the story. Like the first two dialogue trees, both only had like one option that could be reasonably linked to one of the traits, otherwise it was just a normal conversation, not indicative of any underlying values. But if they absolutely insist on doing it that way, all of the choices at least being given a color would be nice.

Edited by Sooks