Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yes it was. And then it got changed. And then they had to can it halfway through. 

Takahashi did learn his lesson the hard way.

See, i thought so, and it's still really well put together all things considered imo. Honestly i would consider XC to be a bit of a downgrade from XS and probably the only one.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I was talking with @TheChoZenOne on Discord, and this led to that, and I ended up theorizing that Garon is actually a good guy. He was playing the part of the bad guy so that heroes would rise up in revolt and ruin Anankos's plans. That's why he was so obviously, ridiculously evil. His children were complete idiots, so he had to ham up the act more and more in hopes that they'd finally get the hint. Cho proposed the "Garons of increasing discomfort" were actually him trying to hold back the tears and stick to the role, as his daughter's beautiful performance had moved him so much. He finally succeeded in his plans when he t-posed on top of his throne and ranted about wanting to burn both Nohr and Hoshido, finally making his sons understand. Unfortunately, Anankos realized his plans and ate his screentime for breakfast. That's why he only has two scenes in Rev.

It was at around this point that we realized, that's just Rudolf. Garon is Rudolf confirmed.

I don't think this saves Garon.

Garon does expect his kids to still work for him, he tries to root out seeds or rebellion, he in contrast to Rudolf worships Anankos wholeheartedly. I would argue he isn't much of a match.

Just now, Dayni said:

I don't think this saves Garon.

Garon doesn't need to be saved, he's already the best character in Fates.

Just now, Dayni said:

Garon does expect his kids to still work for him, he tries to root out seeds or rebellion, he in contrast to Rudolf worships Anankos wholeheartedly. I would argue he isn't much of a match.

No but it's all an act. Ruben canon says Garon is simultaneously best villain and the true hero. Also horrendously written and a Shakespearean masterpiece. Such are the Ruben ways.

If the Mario Kart 8 DX DLC doesn't have Waluigi Pinball, what's the point?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Honestly i would consider XC to be a bit of a downgrade from XS and probably the only one.

Well tbf, it's different. Xenosaga isn't meant to be standalone, whereas Xenoblade can.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

y49y5uxihqh81.jpg

tenor_3.gif

10 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

y49y5uxihqh81.jpg

If even Daru got a girl, what's your excuse?

Out in a rural area with no present occupation, pretty much nobody single in the area who would be staying and limited options in terms of going elsewhere to, say, see someone as the L makes that illegal without dragging someone else and that's not cool.

It's not a good excuse.

53 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Oh yes, 

King-Valentine-Miracle-Image-OS1.jpg

...happy Valentine's Day!💕

That is to be us, after we all die wretchedly alone.

40 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Out in a rural area with no present occupation, pretty much nobody single in the area who would be staying and limited options in terms of going elsewhere to, say, see someone as the L makes that illegal without dragging someone else and that's not cool.

It's not a good excuse.

This reminds me too much of the self-denigrating fake online dating profile I wrote of myself around 11:00 PM like two nights ago. Except it's not four paragraphs long (which is still not harsh enough), and doesn't quite give the feeling that you're dunking yourself mouth open under seawater.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If the Mario Kart 8 DX DLC doesn't have Waluigi Pinball, what's the point?

Speaking of the MK8 DLC, I saw this comparison.:

6028cb05e67cf10113b2ab4d792496cf.jpg

New old track atop, Shy Guy Falls below.

NGL, I think I've grown attached to the MK8 HD somewhat realistic look, and that the simplified visuals are a real downgrade turning me off from rebuying MK8 and getting the DLC. They would've been fine for an MK9, but they clash with MK8's established aesthetic. (It makes me realize Nintendo was using MK8 to showcase the sheer graphical jump from the original Wii, I'm not sure I ever thought of the game in this way.)

I just fought dad.

Dad has disappointed me. After Erico and Candela's incredibly intense and tight battles, this has been whatever. I cluelessly went into the fight and won, first try. Five pokes down, but who cares. Antasma handled the whole thing by herself with Secret Power, which in this place had a chance to paralyze. The lazy ape wasted half his turns lazing about, the skunk destroyed half its health bar to "increase its damage", not that it did any good, and the bunny wasted turns trying to confuse Leteena but he resisted it, I guess thanks to being a Kirlya, and he used that chance to flash the bun-bun into inability to land blows.

The worst part was when Norman threw out his not-lazy ape. Bastard used encore on Antasma after she used surprise. Since I didn't know how the move worked, I wasted a bunch of turns missing surprises over and over. But still, the fact that I went in, blindly waved my Sableye around and won speaks quite poorly of Norman's abilities as a gym leader.

Maybe he should try becoming a FBI agent. See if that works out better for him.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

y49y5uxihqh81.jpg

The poor girl.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

New old track atop, Shy Guy Falls below.

NGL, I think I've grown attached to the MK8 HD somewhat realistic look, and that the simplified visuals are a real downgrade turning me off from rebuying MK8 and getting the DLC. They would've been fine for an MK9, but they clash with MK8's established aesthetic. (It makes me realize Nintendo was using MK8 to showcase the sheer graphical jump from the original Wii, I'm not sure I ever thought of the game in this way.)

Not gonna lie, the fact that people are seemingly fine with this saddens me a bit. Between this and Mario Party Superstars being touted as the best Mario Party in years, it's going to send the message to Nintendo that they don't need to do new things. Just sell the same things over and over and over and people will hand over their wallets. You know, kinda like Bethesda with Skyrim. Then again, I guess if people are happy with that, there's no problem, is there?

In any case, I agree. I always thought MK8 looked positively stunning. This is a step in the wrong direction. That new map looks super bleh.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah that's a bit of a bummer. Not a dealbreaker but it does stand out.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, the fact that people are seemingly fine with this saddens me a bit. Between this and Mario Party Superstars being touted as the best Mario Party in years, it's going to send the message to Nintendo that they don't need to do new things. Just sell the same things over and over and over and people will hand over their wallets.

Ok but tbf, someone did the math and it's effectively 50 cents per track. That's a really good deal tbh.

https://images2.imgbox.com/f9/d9/kQ74I2BY_o.png

O U R

B O Y

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but tbf, someone did the math and it's effectively 50 cents per track. That's a really good deal tbh.

I mean yeah, but they're all old tracks, and from the looks of it, quite heavy-handedly adapted to the "new" game, too. Not exactly the pinnacle of effort, this.

But at least they didn't charge an outrageous amount of money for the lack of effort, or enforced artificial scarcity to lure in more buyers, like they did when they sold three ROMs prepackaged with two emulators. It's something.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This reminds me too much of the self-denigrating fake online dating profile I wrote of myself around 11:00 PM like two nights ago. Except it's not four paragraphs long (which is still not harsh enough), and doesn't quite give the feeling that you're dunking yourself mouth open under seawater.

stop-it-stop-that.gif

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In any case, I agree. I always thought MK8 looked positively stunning. This is a step in the wrong direction. That new map looks super bleh.

As someone who only has MK7 because it was bundled with his console and has next to no MK experience, when it comes to tracks from older games do they do large graphical updates with changes to the background? I don't know.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dad has disappointed me. After Erico and Candela's incredibly intense and tight battles, this has been whatever. I cluelessly went into the fight and won, first try. Five pokes down, but who cares. Antasma handled the whole thing by herself with Secret Power, which in this place had a chance to paralyze. The lazy ape wasted half his turns lazing about, the skunk destroyed half its health bar to "increase its damage", not that it did any good, and the bunny wasted turns trying to confuse Leteena but he resisted it, I guess thanks to being a Kirlya, and he used that chance to flash the bun-bun into inability to land blows.

That Slaking can be worrisome when you're dealing with permadeath, but I guess powering through with Sabyleye makes things easy.

The Vigoroth is underrated as well, I wonder why it didn't end up all that viable with Eviolite unlike Magneton.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Execute order Garon.

https://images2.imgbox.com/61/73/z9oMNdAZ_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/cd/f0/hG4MWeAp_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/6c/b3/i86tpjZb_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/07/7b/rYTdgS4j_o.png

I want to thank you

But I also want to curse you

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was at around this point that we realized, that's just Rudolf. Garon is Rudolf confirmed. But that's just a theory--

.....bring back the OG Garon.

2 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

Rubenio, it’s alright nobody here is judging you.

Can I object?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As far as I can tell, I only improved their designs

Well at least you're proud of it. I can respect that.

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Well @TheChoZenOne, you have been Chozen to be a Delcatty on this run.

That's an amazing choice. 

I dont even remember if I'm still alive. Probably not!

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

@AnonymousSpeed has been among the Tee Hees on some occasions, and naming the only Electric type after speed seems really fitting.

But you can see their speed.

I've beaten every trainer between Azuliza and Portugal.

They were all so absurdly easy. I hope the game's difficulty picks up again.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

As someone who only has MK7 because it was bundled with his console and has next to no MK experience, when it comes to tracks from older games do they do large graphical updates with changes to the background? I don't know.

Old tracks have always been revamped to look in-line with the modern game. This is the first time they've just plopped an awful-looking track on a modern game and called it a day.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That Slaking can be worrisome when you're dealing with permadeath, but I guess powering through with Sabyleye makes things easy.

The Vigoroth is underrated as well, I wonder why it didn't end up all that viable with Eviolite unlike Magneton.

Eh, at this point my team is pretty much complete.

10 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I want to thank you

But I also want to curse you

Thanks.

.....bring back the OG Garon.

The OG Garon is the Garon that lives in our hearts.

Or something all philosophical like that.

Can I object?

No, you can't.

Well at least you're proud of it. I can respect that.

Garilla came out way better than she deserved to.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well tbf, it's different. Xenosaga isn't meant to be standalone, whereas Xenoblade can.

I think the fact that it isnt a standalone is what makes it amazing to me. To have such great storytelling revolving around the same cast and areas? Its not common, and its difficult to execute well.

Happy Valentine's Day, and good morning!

Nice, the Like a Dragon OST finally dropped! Now I can post music without spoiling the game for everyody!

I will admit that I'm not in love with a soundtrack a sa whole but there are some really good ones. Though undoubtedly the greatest song in the OST is "Preparing to suck".

Edited by Benice

I just read the sentence "Reese would totally invest in NFTs without knowing what they are" in one of the big Discord servers where I lurk.

Omg but that's so true though.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Though undoubtedly the greatest song in the OST is "Preparing to suck".

I uh

Ah

Lemme ask you a question.

Suck how?

Today is a day of love! No no, not just romantic love but love of any kind, be it love for a family member, a friend or even a potted plant. In spite of what marketing will tell ye, Valentines day is not just a day to give chocolates to your significant other, it's a day to celebrate love as a whole and how it binds us all together. Love for your family, love for your friends, and most importantly, love for yourself. That is what this day was meant to represent.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The time has come.

Execute order Garon.

https://images2.imgbox.com/61/73/z9oMNdAZ_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/cd/f0/hG4MWeAp_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/6c/b3/i86tpjZb_o.pnghttps://images2.imgbox.com/07/7b/rYTdgS4j_o.png

I love it.

Xander's works way more then it should, oh my God.

Elise looks like her neck was snapped but that might be because of the beard it looks like that.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man, the Camilla one took me ages... That woman has hair everywhere.

My weakness for long messy hair and my discontent with forced fan-service cancel each other out with Camilla which is probably why I can tolerate her more than most folks.

So I was talking with @TheChoZenOne on Discord, and this led to that, and I ended up theorizing that Garon is actually a good guy. He was playing the part of the bad guy so that heroes would rise up in revolt and ruin Anankos's plans. That's why he was so obviously, ridiculously evil. His children were complete idiots, so he had to ham up the act more and more in hopes that they'd finally get the hint. Cho proposed the "Garons of increasing discomfort" were actually him trying to hold back the tears and stick to the role, as his daughter's beautiful performance had moved him so much. He finally succeeded in his plans when he t-posed on top of his throne and ranted about wanting to burn both Nohr and Hoshido, finally making his sons understand. Unfortunately, Anankos realized his plans and ate his screentime for breakfast. That's why he only has two scenes in Rev.

Now this would've been interesting! Though to make it work we would have to see him act as a benevolent leader early on so the player can get attached to him and have their heart ripped out when he starts acting all evil like.

It was at around this point that we realized, that's just Rudolf. Garon is Rudolf confirmed. But that's just a theory--

Aww, Echoes spoilers.

I mean I kind of assumed that's what was going on anyways but still.

...Or maybe he would accept it. I mean, his daughter walks around in her panties and he doesn't seem to mind. Maybe Garon is actually a really progressive and understanding man, underneath the gray skin, the horrible beard and the cartoonishly evil demeanor.

He hates everything equally.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/f9/d9/kQ74I2BY_o.png

O U R

B O Y

It's Roy and Lissa, two Fire Emblem's in one.

Or Pokemon in this case.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I uh

Ah

Lemme ask you a question.

Suck how?

Play the game and find out for yourself.

It's from Substory 35 of Like A Dragon, though, if you wanna skip playing the game.