Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, I'm sorry! Don't worry though, no big spoilers yet. Nothing important has happened so far. But I'll be sure to start employing boxes when the time comes.

I wasn't serious, don't worry about it. So far, it doesn't seem like the story is shaping up to be something great anyways.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

As an aside, i added Morale back into the game:

a390fce9651e613ea8955fa5ecbd5ff1.png

This one didn't take as long as Evil Eye, but still took a few hours to get working right since i'm a bit slow at learning scripting apparantly.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can probably do that, but too much hassle. I'd rather whine about Nintendo instead.

2021072918420600-s-1.jpg

The Internet.

Anywho, if you can use the USB-A to USB-C approach, it goes as follows.:

• Connect the UBS-A end of the wire to your PC. The USB-C to the port on the bottom of the Switch where it charges from & connects to a TV when docked.
  • Then proceed through the following selections on your Switch while your PC is on and connected.
    • System Settings
      • Data Management
        • Manage Screenshots and Videos
          • Copy to a Computer via USB Connection
  • This will cause your Switch to appear among the things you can click on in the finder or whatever the folder list thingy is called on your PC.
  • Click on it, and your photos should readily be findable and capable of being copied to your PC. I don't think there is any accidental chance of scuttling the Switch's important data using this method.
  • Disconnect from the PC via the menu your Switch will still be on before removing the wire or turning anything off.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

45 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I wasn't serious, don't worry about it. So far, it doesn't seem like the story is shaping up to be something great anyways.

Ehhhh I won't lie, I'm not getting the feeling either. It has plenty of time to surprise me, but so far it strikes me as rather predictable.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Anywho, if you can use the USB-A to USB-C approach, it goes as follows.:

• Connect the UBS-A end of the wire to your PC. The USB-C to the port on the bottom of the Switch where it charges from & connects to a TV when docked.
  • Then proceed through the following selections on your Switch while your PC is on and connected.
    • System Settings
      • Data Management
        • Manage Screenshots and Videos
          • Copy to a Computer via USB Connection
  • This will cause your Switch to appear among the things you can click on in the finder or whatever the folder list thingy is called on your PC.
  • Click on it, and your photos should readily be findable and capable of being copied to your PC. I don't think there is any accidental chance of scuttling the Switch's important data using this method.
  • Disconnect from the PC via the menu your Switch will still be on before removing the wire or turning anything off.

Nah yeah, that's simple enough. Same as transfering files from my phone. But this other system seems to work okay after some fidgeting. I'd rather not have to move my Switch.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

Star door 7 is just a bunch of lore (about orbments and the development of orbal technology across the continent) if you’re into that.

Lore is good, yes.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

Moon doors are almost always good though, especially considering the part you’re at. Since you mentioned Lechter, I’m gonna guess you already did number 3. Moon door 4 was great, as is everything with Estelle and Joshua, but 5 was pretty boring.

Let's see... I've done Moon Doors 1 and 3, Star Doors 1-5, and Sun Doors 1 and 3 (and 2, but I didn't win it because Lloyd got a 200 point fish on the last round). The doors I could do but haven't yet are Moon Doors 2 and 4 and Star Doors 6 and 7. I've already seen a Core Crystal Sealing Stone in the Luminous Labyrinth, so I might collect that and then do another door.

As a question, I heard that Anelace's personal weapon gets upgraded if you complete the hardest Arena difficulty with her in the party. Does every character get a personal reward like that?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Look at that. The sheer dissonance between the guy's appearance and his description. Firm believer in freedom? He looks like he has skeletons in his closet. Literally!

He looks like a vampire, so maybe being immortal gave him an enlightened perspective on government.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Oh lordy, the imps... Those chaps are bona fide nightmares. I hate 'em...

I learned that the hard way when trying to gather some grave glovewort. :')

At least the site of grace was close by.

Perhaps I missed this part of the castle, but it's worth noting that you can most often use the camera to look around corners before you go up 'em; furthermore, trying to predict enemy placements based on environment often works in these games; enemies running away or standing still are also indicators of there being traps. Rollin' around corners is probably good practice anyways. The game's not too concerned with something killing you, so caution and awareness of where traps may be is key. Enemy AI isn't super bright in this game from what I can tell, so using a combat art like Storm Blade, using a bow or tossing a knife to pull a single enemy towards you can work as well. I don't know how powerful it is, but the Baldachin's Blessing from the nice hugging lady at Roundtable could potentially also help in encounters against several enemies, since it lets you tank through enemy attacks.

Ooh, and you probably have noticed this, but you are completely invulnerable when you're in animations such as opening up a door or chest, as well as during critical hits. If you're having problems with several enemies swarming you, you could try popping a shield onto your off-hand and parrying one of the enemies. Fully charged heavy attacks (and to a lesser extent, jumping heavy attacks) also deal a ton of poise damage so you can get a crit off that way. Finally, it seems a little bit less broken in this game than in other Souls games, but if you back up the way you came, enemies will often simply stop and return towards their original positions at some point.

I'll keep all that in mind. Thanks much.

I do know that one thing I have going in my favor is Unsheathe, which I have by default as a samurai. It's very powerful, and apparently enough to carry most through the game, or so I've heard.

Do keep in mind that I have far too many hours into these games, while this is your first; it's possible I just know some of Miyazaki's tricks by now. And again, because I have been using magic, I don't have to get near enemies to beat 'em.

(I don't disagree that the game takes some cheapies at you from time to time, I just don't quite recall them being placed in Stormveil.)

Understandable. I partly wish I had gone for magic because of the advantage you get, but my inner melee enthusiast won't let me lmao. 😛

There's multiple types of bombs? I haven't noticed that yet... It does suck if that is the case. I suppose there are the birds, but that's decently clear-cut as to when it'll detonate or not and the birds suck anyways

The ones I'm thinking of are those first stairs and hallways where the zombies/humanlike creatures (don't know their names) toss fire bombs at you. Some you get hit by and it takes a smaller chunk of damage, but one guy looks the same as all the rest and still has a bomb that one-shots. 😅

Not sure how I'm supposed to be able to tell the difference apart from trial and error, but it's a small section, so fair enough.

The birds were actually less of a nuisance because I decided to equip my shield through those parts. Guard counters do be hella powerful.

find it funny how I've had very few camera issues in this game so far.

...Maybe I'm just used to Sekiro's buggy camera and Dark Souls Remastered's... Shenanigans, shall we say. Plus, they are some of the only action games I've played, so I don't have muscle memory for better or different systems.

Do you have auto lock-on turned on? That might be a part of the problem. I've not been playing with it on, but I could see it causing some problems with angles and whatnot.

That may be it. I can't remember which setting I have on, actually, but I'll turn it off and see if that helps if it is.

Edited by twilitfalchion

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Say what? How on earth could any of that ever be important?

We don't know yet, and i don't remember much, but it involved Ragnard, a baby dragon and i remember the fanbase really speculating much and how hints about it are thrown in the other games

Oh noes! Gustadolph is... Actually kind of a dick? Le gasp! Shock and disbelief!

I hope the game lets me side with him in some capacity.

35 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

He looks like a vampire, so maybe being immortal gave him an enlightened perspective on government

Eeeeexcept for the fact that he appointed his vain, incompetent younger brother as Prime Minister of Aesfrost. So much for meritocracy, huh.

And there we go! Pirate Queen's Quest is finished.

I was going to return to Kokopelli after I beat it but I didn't expect to so soon, and just when I was warming up to this new look.

Ah what the hell, I'll keep it for the time being.

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

In the end, how we use those labels in a negative manner is more at issue. I note even some in the deaf community can have problematic attitudes about someone getting a hearing aid for their child with hearing difficulties. It's fascinating how one can respond to an action that would ostensibly be beneficial with looking to shun them.

I've seen enough of how identity can be used as a wedge.

And for many of those people who have to hide these emotions or aspects of themselves, the pressures of maintaining cover are also a problem. Some even take negative actions that arguably harm themselves to maintain that cover.

And so we must send support to those in less favorable conditions, change is no good if it only effects a small part of the world.

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think the term would be Gynosexual . The male attracted equivalent is Androsexual. Its little used, but just an alternate method of describing sexuality that is not self referential like the more common homo/hetero binary.

Ah, interesting.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

🍻

Hear hear! You'll find a sympathetic voice in me. People need to stop inventing imaginary enemies, but some won't, not infrequently because they profit off of it.

I say aye! The brothers and sisters of the world could stand to get along better without letting petty differences stop them.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

As a question, I heard that Anelace's personal weapon gets upgraded if you complete the hardest Arena difficulty with her in the party. Does every character get a personal reward like that?

No. Actually, I think it’s just her.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

learned that the hard way when trying to gather some grave glovewort. :')

F

Can't wait until you get to best mini-dungeon that has the Erdtree Watchdog with several imps...

Understandable. I partly wish I had gone for magic because of the advantage you get, but my inner melee enthusiast won't let me lmao. 😛

Well, it means you'll engage a lot more with the game's mechanics, right? I would have gone melee myself had my parents not wanted to go magic. Different weapons lead to different playstyles, and I do think that the intended route is for melee. Probably.

Not gonna lie, I wish I'd gone with a faith build, especially after defeating the Crucible Knight. That incantation you get is so cool...

but one guy looks the same as all the rest and still has a bomb that one-shots. 😅

F x2

The birds were actually less of a nuisance because I decided to equip my shield through those parts. Guard counters do be hella powerful

Huh, perhaps I should have tried that.

Edited by Benice

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

As a question, I heard that Anelace's personal weapon gets upgraded if you complete the hardest Arena difficulty with her in the party. Does every character get a personal reward like that

She gets it at endgame sadly, and only Anelace gets one, but you get the option to create a "ultimate weapon" for 3? I wanna say, endgame as well.

Edited by lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

TWxpib6.png

This fucking Takumeme man

And all enemy archers have Certain Blow so i can't Yolo Evasion tank either lol

Not to mention the inevitable hex....

wth

I did not know the game got so crazy lol. Guess I should've seen it coming when it advertised itself as harder than Conquest....

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did not know the game got so crazy lol. Guess I should've seen it coming when it advertised itself as harder than Conquest....

Honestly, after Fortaka it was easier than vanilla Lunatic imo because Garon is really really strong. However this chapter doesn't only up the craziness (every staffer has staff savnt, Takumeme, Baldy can move), but also takes Garon away lol

Edited by Shrimpolaris

There's an archer in TS that steals the titular gimmick of Trapper Knight. Which is fine by me. Watching enemies walk into traps is fun.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Honestly, after Fortaka it was easier than vanilla Lunatic imo because Garon is really really strong.

That's how I felt too. Garon is OP.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

However this chapter doesn't only up the craziness (every staffer has staff savnt, Takumeme, Baldy can move), but also takes Garon away lol

No Garon?! In my Garonquest?!

Noooo! What?!

Spoiler

Dragan! Anyone but Dragan! He was my favorite! You'll pay for this, Dolphacula!

Shit's kicking into gear now. Hoo wee. I wonder how long till I get the one choice I've heard about...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

47 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tbf, I did use a guide that let me get a 100% damage negation shield early on, so, that helps too.

I had, like, 4 before we even got to Margit because we found Siofra River before Stormveil.

...Didn't have the strength to use any of 'em, though, and it didn't occur to me that the one strength level I needed to use 'em would be helpful..

Edited by Benice

Lol

Spoiler

Dolphacula: Blitzkrieged the shit out of Glenbrook

Triangle Strategy: Side stories have been unlocked! You can now find a clown loli juggling in a random place! Also, a random kid who claims to be some archmage's grandson!

I won't lie, game. Kinda poor timing. At least they look to be fun units...

Also frame drops in this cutscene. Thanks, Switch.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shit's kicking into gear now. Hoo wee. I wonder how long till I get the one choice I've heard about...

What, like you are a spoiler on a choice? Did it seem like a good one or a bad one?