• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For reference, Dr. Agon is an actual character from Dragon Quest V.

If it was going to be any series, might as well be DQ.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

gJRNuUU.png

I am a healer...with a gun Stick!

Maybe with a Seraph Robe.

Just now, Punished Dayni said:

Maybe with a Seraph Robe.

eh

25 HP at that point in Fates is good. Fates is low HP land remember. Everyone in the army aside from Team Garon has around 24-30 HP.

Seraph Robe most likely will go to Azura. 19 HP oof

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

If it was going to be any series, might as well be DQ.

Why of course!

Though that reminds me, the dub of the DQ movie over here didn't based itself on the English version. So no punny names for us.

Hmm, curious as to what others think: 

For characters design (gameplay wise) is it better to have close_knit balanced stats, or making every character feep unique and sacrifice some balance for it?

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And that's both Margit and the Tree Sentinel felled.

Very nice.

Congrats! Hope you enjoy Stormveil.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Congrats! Hope you enjoy Stormveil.

Thanks.

....and I was until the game decided to throw me into a pitch black room with barely any room to move against an asshole enemy.

Edited by twilitfalchion

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks.

....and I was until the game decided to throw me into a pitch black room with barely any room to move against an asshole enemy.

Do you have a torch? I would highly recommend grabbing one from Kalé and just one-handing your weapon. A lot of random dungeons you'll find and near pitch-black, and a torch is a good friend to have along.

WE GET TO GO ON A BAND TRIP THIS YEAR AAAAYVGHBJCIHDUYGSCHJB CBBSDCJHN

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Benice

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

making every character feep unique and sacrifice some balance for it?

Imo this, aslong as balance isn'T completely thrown outta window.

Some balance can be gladly sacrificed for uniqueness and fun however imo

@Interdimensional Observer some more thoughts about Odin Sphere's ending

Spoiler

The "two crownless lords" can refer to the four heroes instead of just specifically Gwen and Oswald. The four survivors are all royalty but for all different reasons, they have lost their "crown".

• Gwendolyn is exiled from her kingdom
  • Cornelius gives up the throne because he's a Pooka
  • Oswald has no claim to the throne since his father eloped
  • Velvet's country was destroyed so there's no throne to claim and also Pooka

Two men, two women, although only two would be the "crownless lords", any m/f combination of them could've been it. But with Cornelius and Velvet both becoming Pooka, it had to be Gwen and Oswald. But it would explain why we had four survivors.

Speaking of Cornelius and Velvet, when Alice finished the book and said "wow that's a sad ending", at first i thought that confirmed that these were all just stories (if it actually ended here, i would've taken off points). Then Cornelius and Velvet showed up.

Also there's a fifth survivor: Moury. Armageddon or not, the travelling restaurant must go on.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For reference, Dr. Agon is an actual character from Dragon Quest V.

Spoiler

Which is not only a pun name, but a hint to his true identity.

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

wsfDEg2.png

And you'r benche-

R for ruin is right. She ruins everything she touches.

Idunn propoganda

Something I appreciate about Sky the 3rd is that since nothing expires, as far as I know, you can do the side content whenever you want. The previous games don't let you return to previous areas, so any side content missed is inaccessible for the rest of the playthrough. Today I did Moon Door 1-2 and gave Tita a weapon to surpass Metal Gear, even if it came at the cost of Tita's parents trying to murder Agate. Maybe Agate should know when to cut his loses.

Then I tried Puyo Puyo Estelle's fishing adventure, but I lost three times to that cheater Lloyd. I wonder if Falcom has bias for the name Lloyd or something. Liberl Lloyd gets to cheat at fishing and Crossbell Lloyd gets to hang out with Rixia. Will it eventually be revealed that the ruler of ancient Zemuria was also named Lloyd? Time will tell if Falcom also has bias for the name Tio.

But, this newfound freedom sometimes makes it difficult to decide what to do with my time. Do I do another Moon Door, or Star Door 7? I can also continue through the plot to recruit the remaining party members. Hmm...

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

To some degree a transformation to society involves alteration of this on a fundamental level, but for many these things end up shaping their perception to a great degree and that cannot be overlooked: if they do find that some label is fundamental to their own place and perception of the world it's not that simple to ask them to cast it aside.

Oh absolutely. The modern day we live does make it feel like we're different from others which dictates a lot of peoples lives, for better or for worse. On one hand, I'm really happy to see LGBTQ folks looking at their unique situation and owning it as part of their identity, on the other hand, I take great annoyance when people get way too serious about their nationality and/or ethnicity and end up shitting on others as a result.

Even I do this sometimes, I can't deny that being an American Indian is somewhat part of my identity but that doesn't stop me from being human.

I guess that's the main thing for me, to know yourself as human and everyone else as human before any other labels you wish to use.

Celebrate our similarities and our differences.

Hopefully it doesn't sound like I'm against personal labels, I'm not at all I'm just against Us vs Them mentalities.

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Being free to choose to be free of it in oneself and the acceptance of that by others should be a step in the right direction regardless, not like that's acceptable to a surprising amount sadly.

I'm very lucky to have grown up where I am in this very supportive and progressive community (Even if it is a bit old fashioned sometimes) It's quite the luxury of mine to be able to act as I please and at most just get a few double takes from people. It saddens me knowing that in many places just showing a bit of emotion can get you killed.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6554.png?width=537&height=432

Let the journey through time and space begin.

May the time lords have mercy on your soul.

Never actually watched any Doctor Who episodes myself.