• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Woo! I did it! I beat No Soldier Left Behind without cheesing it with Anna!

With a full team, a huge amount of reinforcements appear on this map. I couldn't think of a way to slip past without losing someone (and then losing period), so I opted for a simpler strategy: kill every last one of them, damn their overwhelming numbers.

That was the most difficult thing I've done in this game so far, but it was so much fun. Forces from all three countries could not even begin to stand against Lionel's ability to put people to sleep by talking too much. Hah!

Congrats on that! It does sound fun.

It’s funny how I haven’t seen a lot about Triangle Strategy, but whenever I do see people talk about it Anna being OP always comes up.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

no, not really.

I hated it, and not just the pacing

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t remember like anything that happened for most of it (which is absolutely a problem with it, don’t get me wrong). And I literally just finished the game.

and then the epilogue comes to fuck everything up

Unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

man i used to be so happy back then lol

Don’t say it like that

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t say it like that

I already gave up on Trails

The Trails shaped hole in my Heart will never be filled, and i will never talk about the Series again like how i used to talk

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t remember like anything that happened for most of it

I remember Fates had better writing when it comes to war.

Unironically

Edited by Shrimpolaris

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I already gave up on Trails

The Trails shaped hole in my Heart will never be filled, and i will never talk about the Series again like how i used to talk

I mean, yeah, but you can always find happiness in other things!

I remember Fates had better writing when it comes to war.

Unironically

If by when it comes to war you mean showing actual consequences and the… war part of war, then yes, unironically.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, yeah, but you can always find happiness in other things!

oh yeah, i did.

Fire emblem is one of these things.

But there is nothing truely like Trails lol

And every once in a while i just want Trails like how i loved it lol

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If by when it comes to war you mean showing actual consequences and the… war part of war, then yes, unironically.

And it's only getting worse from there :^)

It makes Anankos look like good writing!

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Nah, its Rean shaped now.

😞

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Chapter 6 main mission done. Completed the retreat on the 19th turn. It honestly shouldn't have been that difficult, but the chapter was getting the better of me. I didn't realize Perceval would try to run away, and had to have Esteban block the exit just in time. The enemy numbers were so few, but my army felt incapable of nipping them in the bud quickly enough. I ponder if this has something to do with the fact that I almost never use anything except Bronze Swords, Slim Spears, Log Splitters, and Shortbows & Wooden Arrows. 

It doesn't help that Reese got his horse OHKO'ed by a poleax, which really made completing the knight lover's request much more challenging. (Might've been a Sinon Stallion too, but I didn't bother reloading over that.) Why is it that only he can capture her? If it weren't for me being stupid, Owen wouldn't have died after the first, successful attempt, which then led to about 15 resets it felt like wherein I repeated the same steps of having Sylvis use Overwatch, a Dire Thunder where both hits had to land from Perceval, and then a Ward stab to finish the bad guy -except on the last try where I got a Dire Thunder crit. And even then, I needed a lucky dodge from Owen to make it out alive. Perhaps I shouldn't have done all this reloading and started the map anew, but I didn't, I perhaps foolishly pressed on. Unexpected ending to the lover's request BTW.

Glimpsing both of the secondary missions this time. Not sure which to begin with. Another battle where most enemies are reinforcements, with a needlessly skill-stacked boss, might be better for training Enid and the other scrubs, and all they all need that. The alternative looks to be a rush to kill some food thieves, which doesn't sound great when I haven't been training the cavalry all that much. Do I take from the scrubs and field Clifford for once?. I might be able to handle the optional imperials here, depends if I can fit a mage into the team to blow/zap the imp boss away. Novel take on the bandit boss with it being a super glass cannon with Deathmatch and a Miracle Charm.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

oh yeah, i did.

Fire emblem is one of these things.

Good, I’m glad!

13 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

But there is nothing truely like Trails lol

And every once in a while i just want Trails like how i loved it lol

Understandable.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Congrats on that! It does sound fun.

Thanks! It really was.

It’s funny how I haven’t seen a lot about Triangle Strategy, but whenever I do see people talk about it Anna being OP always comes up.

Anna is OP if you're willing to cheese. Her stealth ability wasn't thought out very well and can break a few encounters and situations. Not that many, mostly mock battles with exotic objectives.

If not, she's much more reasonable, I believe. She can't take a hit, her damage is surprisingly middling for someone who can attack twice and her ranged options are very limited and weak. She's really good, don't get me wrong, but not obnoxiously so. She ain't Seth!

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Chapter 6 main mission done. Completed the retreat on the 19th turn. It honestly shouldn't have been that difficult, but the chapter was getting the better of me. I didn't realize Perceval would try to run away, and had to have Esteban block the exit just in time. The enemy numbers were so few, but my army felt incapable of nipping them in the bud quickly enough. I ponder if this has something to do with the fact that I almost never use anything except Bronze Swords, Slim Spears, Log Splitters, and Shortbows & Wooden Arrows. 

Ahahaha... Yeah, you might want to begin pulling out the heavier weaponry. The game is going to start getting tougher now.

And yes, Missival is a huge troll right from the start. Don't forget to hand him the hit band, unless you want him to live up to his name.

It doesn't help that Reese got his horse OHKO'ed by a poleax, which really made completing the knight lover's request much more challenging. (Might've been a Sinon Stallion too, but I didn't bother reloading over that.) Why is it that only he can capture her?

He has the net lololololol

Unexpected ending to the lover's request BTW.

Ahh... Yes.

Glimpsing both of the secondary missions this time. Not sure which to begin with. Another battle where most enemies are reinforcements, with a needlessly skill-stacked boss, might be better for training Enid and the other scrubs, and all they all need that.

That's Elbert's map, yes? True, William is positively hilarious for some rando with a generic portrait named frigging William.

The alternative looks to be a rush to kill some food thieves, which doesn't sound great when I haven't been training the cavalry all that much. Do I take from the scrubs and field Clifford for once?. I might be able to handle the optional imperials here, depends if I can fit a mage into the team to blow/zap the imp boss away. Novel take on the bandit boss with it being a super glass cannon with Deathmatch and a Miracle Charm.

Clifford would be a huge help in that map, hes.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct.

Naïveté stings.

Being a gullible fool is kind of Reese's biggest flaw. Man gets bamboozled way too often.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Result of being spoiled by Simpette

I mean, considering (lategame Berwick spoilers here)

Spoiler

Some woman comes to her saying she's an envoy of the Goddess, hands her an orb, tells her she's the Chosen One, and Simpette goes and believes her...

Not to mention she actually goes by herself to the very obvious trap that is the call for a cease-fire...

It would seem susceptibility to bamboozlement runs in the family.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It would seem susceptibility to bamboozlement runs in the family.

Then she bamboozles herself

Spoiler

when she confuses Reese talking with the princess for something romantic

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

Then she bamboozles herself

Hide contents

when she confuses Reese talking with the princess for something romantic

Yeah, that too.

Spoiler

I mean, though... Sienna would've made for a better ship. That woman is great.

Honestly, Simpette's biggest lie to herself was thinking Reese is actually capable of loving her. That man has no feelings.

@Sooks this was probably my last "Trails happy" activity lol

Interesting… maybe I’ll give it a read if I remember it exists after CS3.

the 40th anniversary message aside that got half the Thread into Trails

Wait, what 40tu anniversary message? If it got half the thread into Trails, it probably got me into Trails, but I don’t remember that specifically, just everyone posting about it.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:
  Hide contents

But do you really wanna NTR?

Spoiler

What NTR? Reese didn't feel anything for Simpette beyond sibling affection until the end of the game when Kaga forced him to develop romantic feelings. There was no N to be TR'd there. He didn't even react to her final farewell letter!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait, what 40tu anniversary message? If it got half the thread into Trails, it probably got me into Trails, but I don’t remember that specifically, just everyone posting about it.

On 6/25/2021 at 2:12 PM, Shrimpolaris said:

Since it's Falcom's anniversary and all, i am gonna be positive for a change

NvbWcTE.png

This is probably my biggest collection of any developer. Ever since i got into Falcom 8 years ago with Ys Origin, i have been playing games and having fun most of the time. Even if i have been at odds with their modern Titles, i can't deny the amount of fun and joy i had in those last 8 years thanks to Falcom, including my dark illness days. Most of their games is some of the most fun i've ever had in my life, so here's to 8 more years!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

What NTR? Reese didn't feel anything for Simpette beyond sibling affection until the end of the game when Kaga forced him to develop romantic feelings. There was no N to be TR'd there. He didn't even react to her final farewell letter!

Spoiler

Didn't the princess already have someone, or am i remembering wrong?