Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220320_225836.jpg

Really love how they called one of the materials "Black Hole" but then they wrote "hole" in Spanish.

Ahahahahahahahaha!

That's priceless.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

517UtSe.png

Daily reminder to play Like A Dragon.

This is the superior version of the "this is fine" meme.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Both of Chapter 6's optional missions done. The "Phantom Corps" was kinda lame other than the boss, it just made me take things really slow so I could reload to check for what triggered the next batch of reinforcements.

Yeah, not the best map in the game. Not one I dislike, but there are far better ones. William is still hilarious, though.

The Food Supply battle gave me about 6000 denarii for saving all the food, which is much too little for the effort required.

Every little bit counts in Furniture Saga.

Hiring Clifford and Larentia devoured about a third of that alone. Managed to capture the boss for the extra bounty though. I then tried taking on the handful of imps. Not worth it. I made a mistake and didn't realize that while Marcel's movement type can climb cliffs, it requires 4 Move, and him having 3 means he couldn't. I killed the crossbow user with Kramer, but otherwise left the cliffside imps alone, they weren't worth expending a lot of Thunder on.

Nice work on the boss! The Imperials are quite difficult, but Evil Ward has a material, so they can be worth fighting.

Ruby, Faye, and Kramer all managed to hit level 10. Although I think Faramir needs more happiness, so I'll still need to hire Faye again. Ruby needs another 10 Shield levels, and few trivial weapon levels too. Kramer however did get his X-Mission unlocked. I need to check without saving to figure out if these remain open into other chapters. Chase the thieves before they escape through a forest, looks difficult, were it not for Larentia. I'll need to find a way to get Larentia to either 30 Atk (pass her Enid's Ladyblade for good chance of a Crit?) to OHKO or rig an Adept proc to ORKO the Raze Priest, then Canto away from the Killer Arrow Chu-ko-nu, and then repeat to kill them, parking Larentia on the retreat space afterwards.

Leveling Ruby's shield level is honestly pretty easy. She gains points at mach 10 speed, you just have to let her frontline a little bit where you can.

In fact, Imma be honest with you - at this point, I don't consider Ruby to be even close to the most difficult unit to promote. Ruby's weapon growths are all sky high. Her lowest is shield, but it's still high, and shield wplvl grows faster than other weapon types, so it compensates. Adel, Leon, Elbert and Aegina are all way, way harder to promote.

As for the X-Missions, I believe they should remain open, perhaps? I wouldn't know for sure, though. I always play them immediately after getting them. There's zero reason to wait.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

My gamer pride compels me to not do that

Even my Brother, who is not a gamer, refuses to lower the difficulty when he plays something (when he was XB'ing he was having trouble at the end but every time i suggested lower difficulty he goes "Nooope")

Hey, at least gamer pride doesn't lead to you effectively killing yourself by ignoring an easier alternative.
Unlike Saiyan pride, where you refuse to fight your foe at a level you can win at, and instead let them take their final form effectively letting them set their difficulty to the max.
I recently pointed out, despite his supposed progression as a character from his debut in Dragon Ball Z, it's arguable Vegeta's storyline still manages to be the same damn thing every saga.
Sure, you may see him go from villain to uncomfortable ally to anti-hero to flat being a family man with leftover damage from his early life. Quite a macro-arc. But his micro-arcs amount to
"sets goal">"starts achieving goal">"someone tells him he could get a better fight if he does/doesn't do something" > "he takes it because Saiyan Pride does not allow him to back down from a challenge" > "Loses" >leaves everyone to clean up his mess

You may think I'm being hyperbolic. Or that I'm only referring to Namek/Frieza Saga, Android/Cell Saga and Buu saga. But no. I maintain he did the same thing in the Saiyan Saga where he was the villain. When he was on the cusp of victory on Earth due to Goku being late to the fight and the fact even his henchman Nappa vastly outclassed everyone on Earth... he listened when Krillin suggested Goku could beat him. He waited. This resulted in Nappa's defeat... and inevitably his own. He could have killed everyone, and been off the planet before Goku was even back if he didn't. Hell he could have let Nappa kill everyone. Instead... he had a fight with Goku where he had seemingly every advantage and still lost because of the bald midget, the fat man with a sword, and the half-Saiyan kid he'd written off as non-threats contributing in unexpected ways. Leaving a bunch of people dead with no dragon balls to revive them. He learned absolutely nothing from this loss either. On Namek the moment he's gotten enough Zenkai boosts from being beaten near death and recovering.. and realizes he can sort of hold his own againt Frieza's first form... he decides he must be a Super Saiyan... and that he can wreck Frieza's later forms too. Then he gets wrecked by Frieza's second form. Couple Zenkais later... and he thinks "well surely I can fight Frieza's fourth form now... which is like twice as powerful as the form that just wrecked me a bit ago before I got those boosts in strength. He winds up dead. Because he learnt exactly nothing.

Even being brought back from the dead wasn't enough to excise this streak of Vegeta's. Even after finding out he died in an alternate future to the androids, he opts to merely train as opposed to taking the pragmatic response of doing something pre-emptive to prevent the existence of these cybernetic foes. Mind no one else does anything but train either. So maybe it's starting to become infectious by this point. Either way.. after a moment of looking really good when he handles Android 19... it turns out 19 and 20 didn't even exist in the future and 17 and 18 are the real threat... and so Vegeta gets his pride, and arm shattered by 18. Then Cell shows up. Day/year of training in the Hyperbolic time chamber later... Vegeta takes on and effortlessly beats second form Cell... who promises if he absorbs 18 to achieve his perfect form... he can give Vegeta a real fight. "Saiyan Pride blahblahblah". And he gets wrecked, though not killed by a Perfect Cell. And just like with Frieza, he's left everyone else a hell of a situation to deal with, and a menace that results in Goku's death.

Buu saga is once more the same thing. Evil wizard wants to revive Maijin Buu. Goku is back on Earth for his one day allowance despite being dead. Vegeta easily beats one of Babidi's minions... and longs to fight Goku instead because he wants to prove himself stronger during the one chance he has at doing so. Lets himself basically get taken over by Babadi for sole purpose of getting that more challenging fight he wanted... resulting in Maijin Buu coming back from the energy absorbed in the fight. Vegeta fights Buu... realizes he screwed up massively letting this thing out, and sacrifices his life to "end the threat for good". Except he kind of failed at the whole "ending the threat bit".

I maintain, Vegeta, despite his progression from good to evil, ultimately responsible for the majority of events in Dragonball Z  (after all Raditz was his underling, Frieza wouldn't have been on Namek if not for him, and neither would anyone else because they wouldn't need to go there if not for him, his DNA was involved in Cell's creation, his actions lead to Buu's revival). Vegeta's life is a story of the catastrophic consequences of letting one's pride control their actions. What does any of that have to do with not lowering the difficulty? I assume that maybe if Vegeta wanted to keep up the Saiyan pride schtick he should have channeled it through an outlet more conducive to failure than battles for the fate of the world. Like a video game. Or maybe the reason there was an end point to the franchise for so long was so Toriyama could think up a story where Vegeta didn't literally relive his same mistake for a fifth or sixth time. Or maybe.. just maybe I like ragging on the character and used the first excuse I found to launch a wall of text where I did so.

*Wakes up. Overhears parents talking about my healthcare.*

🙉

*Closes bedroom door and turns on the TV with the volume turned up.*

I don't like being reminded of my societal parasitism & drifting through life. And not first thing in the morning.

I need to get lost in Berwick again ASAP. BS is really filling in my Fire Emblem itch, and because of that, it isn't the slightest bit fatiguing plowing through the game so fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every little bit counts in Furniture Saga.

Maybe one piece I understand, but buying multiple? The prices are far too exorbitant. That the bonuses are all small and Reese-exclusive, who isn't available 2/3rds the time, makes them ever the worse. Feels like there could've been a better way of handling furniture. Needless it be said for me, Reese is living a spartan existence in a deceased aristocrat's mansion.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In fact, Imma be honest with you - at this point, I don't consider Ruby to be even close to the most difficult unit to promote. Ruby's weapon growths are all sky high. Her lowest is shield, but it's still high, and shield wplvl grows faster than other weapon types, so it compensates. Adel, Leon, Elbert and Aegina are all way, way harder to promote.

The difference- I want only full recruitment, not maximum rankings. Only Ruby (and Faye) has a character locked behind her promotion. Elbert promoting would be nice, and yeah I see his Spear rank is terrible, but I'm not concerned about it. Provoke + Arrowsbane and Berwick's deflated stats might keep him useful to the end even without the promotion.

Letting a character get hit when they aren't exactly durable, and Axebane makes one think to use her against Axes specifically, also slows Ruby's Shield gain. Not to mention she has proc'ed Shield levels on level up only once or twice so far. I've still plenty of game to get it up, but the chance I don't in time nags at me and would make the entire investment meaningless. Makes me kinda regret not letting the ballista in Derrick's appearance chapter get the bolts from the enemy convoy, that could've helped. I also regret not giving out shields to everyone right away, +1 Def some of the time is pretty bad when the game has begun and you're unsure of how to spend your money.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bro. How the actual fuck do you map that out?

I can't read Japanese obviously, but I take it you mean the green lines? Representing Hyrule's unmapped road network I presume? Interesting. Doesn't look organized or "natural" as I would expect of IRL, but then I don't expect Hyrule to be realistic.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

But but

1 had non-sexualized outfits (lol) so it's the better game!!!!

I don't know why people say this when Seven had plot important cleavage. Everyone gave her Speed Frame armor so it's even more obvious.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ah, look at this piece of history. If only he knew what he was getting into…

Funnily enough I don't remember you starting Sky even though I frequented the thread at the time. Besides you using off-center Joshua and Onion Graham as pfps, I only noticed you playing Trails when you got to Zero which, granted, is probably because of Rixia. I must have been focused on Xenoblade 2 at the time as usual.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

can't read Japanese obviously, but I take it you mean the green lines? Representing Hyrule's unmapped road network I presume? Interesting. Doesn't look organized or "natural" as I would expect of IRL, but then I don't expect Hyrule to be realistic.

No i meant that they mapped out the game's title by walking around so that when they play the tracker, it'll write write it out.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No i meant that they mapped out the game's title by walking around so that when they play the tracker, it'll write write it out.

Oh.

Much more impressive. Indeed, it's the kind of perception only an artist would have.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe one piece I understand, but buying multiple? The prices are far too exorbitant.

Well, I mean...

https://images2.imgbox.com/3b/f6/A0GZ72fi_o.png

I did buy everything once. You do have to rig captures on every single bounty if you want to be able to comfortably do it, but hey. It's doable.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The difference- I want only full recruitment, not maximum rankings. Only Ruby (and Faye) has a character locked behind her promotion.

Ahhh, right, right... Well, still, promoting Ruby isn't that hard, I'd say. Though, of course, I say this from the perspective of someone who's focused on promoting her from day 1 in a couple of runs. Earliest I've been able to promote her was chapter 5. Still, I think you'll manage. Just try to get her hit as much as reasonably possible.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I mean...

https://images2.imgbox.com/3b/f6/A0GZ72fi_o.png

I did buy everything once. You do have to rig captures on every single bounty if you want to be able to comfortably do it, but hey. It's doable.

Ahhh, right, right... Well, still, promoting Ruby isn't that hard, I'd say. Though, of course, I say this from the perspective of someone who's focused on promoting her from day 1 in a couple of runs. Earliest I've been able to promote her was chapter 5. Still, I think you'll manage. Just try to get her hit as much as reasonably possible.

I need to convince Kaga into re-releasing this internationally. Preferably on a system which is in production and doesn't have issues getting a replacement lens.

I must say, I find it pretty hilarious how the Star Wars fans saw Mama the Hutt and went "OH BOY THIS TOTALLY CONFIRMS THAT REBELS AND CLONE WARS CHARACTERS ARE ON THE GAME CALLED SKYWALKER SAGA, THE GHOST CREW ASHOKA CAPTAIN REX AND ALL THE OTHER CLONES, SHUT UP I'M NOT OVERHYPING, THIS IS TOTALLY REASONABLE."

Then it turned out Mama the Hutt is the only character from Clone Wars in the entire game.

10/10 why are we so butthurt about this anyway, the characters are all functionally the same if they belong to the same class. Make Agent Collar in the character creator if you're so desperate to have him.

Anyway, here is Indiana Jones drinking acid.

10 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I need to convince Kaga into re-releasing this internationally. Preferably on a system which is in production and doesn't have issues getting a replacement lens.

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't even be mad if he just went the Nintendo route and put the ROM on Steam with Aethin's patch prepackaged. I just want Berwick to get some affection!

Wait, wait, it gets better.

Fans: No ghost crew or Aunt Beru, I'm not getting this game.

TT games: Dude you can literally pilot the Death Star.

I mean, I understand being a little sad that characters you like aren't in, but... C'mon, is it really that big of a deal? The game looks incredible! And every single Lego game has had a character creator. There's no reason to believe this one won't. You can just make your favorite characters! It actually looks decently challenging! It's a Lego game with some challenge! I can't believe how amazing it looks. Can't wait for the 5th of April.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't even be mad if he just went the Nintendo route and put the ROM on Steam with Aethin's patch prepackaged. I just want Berwick to get some affection!

It'd be better than nothing to be honest. And considering how long we've been getting nothing...

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I don't know why people say this when Seven had plot important cleavage. Everyone gave her Speed Frame armor so it's even more obvious.

And Reyn and Sharla's outfits were stupid as well

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What. 

That's what people unironically say as the reason they prefer XB1 over 2

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Considering he went for a prof. Tl for vestaria instead of fantl....

Never happening

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is the superior version of the "this is fine" meme.

I like how this screenshot makes as much sense in context...

No... No.... NononononnOOOOOOOOOOO-

DON'T PUT KIRYU IN FORTNITE, PLEAAASSSEEE

'M-morning!

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bro. How the actual fuck do you map that out?

Sometimes I wonder if the Japanese are superhuman.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220320_225836.jpg

Really love how they called one of the materials "Black Hole" but then they wrote "hole" in Spanish.

Rule number one of fantasy writing, it always sounds cooler if it's in another language.

49 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

It'd be better than nothing to be honest. And considering how long we've been getting nothing...

Oof.

48 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Considering he went for a prof. Tl for vestaria instead of fantl....

Never happening

Well, to be completely fair, the games he has hired professionals to translate are his current era indie games on PC, not the one on a dead console that's over 15 years old.

Still, I definitely don't think it'll ever happen. I'd love for it to happen, but it won't. Kaga has moved past the past. All he cares about now are his passion projects on SRPG Studio. Besides, who even has the rights to Berwick and TearRing now? Kaga himself, an array of members of Tirnanog, Enterbrain? There's just too many problems, and nobody cares enough.

I say let's just be glad two people were generous enough to dedicate years to translating the game for free and instead push for PS2 emulation to be improved so more people can run it. Because I don't think we'll get more than that.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or just plain remake Berwick in SRPG Studio...

Ehhhhhh I don't think that's feasible. He'd have to bend SRPG Studio quite heavily to put Berwick Saga and all of its quirks in it. We're talking about the same man who couldn't be arsed just to update SRPG Studio. Vestaria 1 and 2 are complex because of their design, not any technical marvels done on the engine. In fact, Kaga barely did anything with the engine itself. You could make both games on vanilla SRPG Studio. But Berwick? Not a chance. Let's not forget, we like to just praise/curse Kaga's name alone, but Berwick Saga was made by a company's worth of people.

30 minutes ago, Benice said:

I like how this screenshot makes as much sense in context...

Knowing what I know about Yakuza? No doubt about it.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's alright, he'll still not kill anyone.

It's his pride and dignity that will die instead.