Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Initial attempts of Chapter 7- failed. Sure I get to Turn 5, but I don't see myself cracking through the fortress center before like turn 15, which is much too late. Need to make adjustments to find a way to make headway on killing the densely packed grunts. Marcel again is showing himself worthless in practice, I thought he would be good here, but he isn't due to that darned turn limit making good defense junk. I need to ditch him and add Perceval for this map. But even with (half-missing) Thunder potshots I doubt I'll be able to make quick progress. Dragging Czene and Sherlock around for the civilian requests isn't helping either, single-digit offense makes them non-units decreasing my total firepower by 20%. But I haven't not completed a single request yet. Dean meanwhile is starting to strain with age, his durability is becoming a problem.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I had meant to talk about this when you were there, but I've always felt Sylvis was meant to join in chapter 5 and they put her in chapter 1 at the last minute. She just randomly gets hired by Vanmillion and has main plot presence for no reason, and the city event after the map seems to imply Reese had never seen her until then. Her bases are also far better suited for chapter 5.

I get what you're saying. It was odd, her first appearance is a surprise of showiness with little reason. Given the stories spun around her, it would be reasonable that Van would hire this famed mercenary well before Reese strolled into Navaron.

And gameplay-wise, Sylvis blows her bow-using competition out of the water at the start. Aim, Overwatch, and Deadeye from the start give her a trifecta of versatility in archery. Expert for allow for quick use of those rarer bows I've barely tapped into, and she has a higher starting Bow rank than Christine or Sherlock for superior accuracy (double Sherlock's, nine times greater than Christine's), with double or nearly double their Strength. Esteban has accuracy, but I know his real potential is lategame-only via Pursuit. The competition will eventually close the gap and come into their own, but Sylvis is the easiest to use.

I guess Kaga just liked her and decided to plop this early-midgame unit into the second map without making any changes to her? Just for the lolz? I mean, I'm not complaining, Sylvis is a treasure and near-perfect availability only contributes to that, but... Sheesh.

Let's see now...

• Genealogy has an pirate archer girl who gets a special bow letting her O/2HKO everything.
    • Also Genealogy- Changing a barbarian prince from an axeman to a bowman because Kaga grew to like him.
  • Thracia 776- An underbaked excuse saves said pirate lady archer from presumed death and gives her a prominent role in the plot under a new identity.
  • TearRing Saga- Uses the name of the pirate archer for a hunting goddess, whose nonliteral child is a sniper woman. A sniper woman who comes very early with amazing stats and skills, and who might have one major flaw, but she has so much else going for her other than that it doesn't mean very much.
    • Also TRS, invents a male main character who specializes in bows.
  • Berwick Saga- Takes the name of the excellent TRS sniper and assigns it to an omelette.
    • Also BS, invents a hunter who resembles the TRS bow lord.
  • Vestaria Saga- From what little I know, makes a co-lord an archer too.

So, is Sylvis really all that strange?

Bahahahahahah... Oh, Kramer. He's such a bizarre character, because he has no character until his paralogue, where he's randomly made out to have an unhealthy obsession with swords.

Yeah he was pretty dry back in Chapter 2. I found him suddenly being swordsexual cute. If his decent stats and Arrowsbane weren't already enough, he has secured his way into my team.

That's not even all of it. Do you see that red and blue thing tucked behind the bed? That's the tapestry. You know, the most expensive piece of furniture, at a whopping 45 thousand denarii. That absolute asshole Reese threw the bed on top of it and called it a day.

2ATeEU5d_o.png

Doesn't help that it's the best-looking piece of furniture, too. You can see it here. It looks pretty majestic. Truly the best thing to hide behind an ugly bed.

Truly, Reese has no sense of interior design. It's all sheer coincidence that anything comes together into a fashionable whole.

Honestly, I do not get the point to bed canopies. It isn't like Reese's bed is big enough for himself and a tart he picked up in town. Then I would understand wanting to surround it with a curtain in case someone came in without knocking first. And the overpriced furnishing couldn't possibly provide that kind of privacy.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Not a sin, but you are the first one i see ever who doesn't like Sylvis xD

My own -five years ancient- summary from just looking at her official art: "Slivia combines confidence, pride, maturity, and a bit of sexiness in her artwork". All achieved with modesty.

Though I do think her initial cultural complaining about Berwick League women was somewhat odd.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, not something I did in past playthroughs, but currently I have both Margaret and Clorica in my party when venturing out. Clorica mostly due to her food gimmick. Only learned about that recently, heh...

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I can't complain too much about the character lineup, considering how many characters there are. I'm thinking about getting the game myself.

It looks to have a lot more depth and content than most Lego games before it. A game one could enjoy even without the nostalgia factor.

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Though I recently learned that Starkiller from The Force Unleashed was in Lego Star Wars III. Forget the Clone Wars and Rebels stuff, bring him back Traveller's Tales!

Starkiller who?

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Initial attempts of Chapter 7- failed. Sure I get to Turn 5, but I don't see myself cracking through the fortress center before like turn 15, which is much too late. Need to make adjustments to find a way to make headway on killing the densely packed grunts. Marcel again is showing himself worthless in practice, I thought he would be good here, but he isn't due to that darned turn limit making good defense junk. I need to ditch him and add Perceval for this map. But even with (half-missing) Thunder potshots I doubt I'll be able to make quick progress. Dragging Czene and Sherlock around for the civilian requests isn't helping either, single-digit offense makes them non-units decreasing my total firepower by 20%. But I haven't not completed a single request yet. Dean meanwhile is starting to strain with age, his durability is becoming a problem.

Chapter 7 can be tough, yeah. Still, I'd think Marcel would be fine in this map. He can charge into the town with some backup and begin cleaning up the escape route while the bulk of the army storms the fort. You want Czene even beyond the civilian request because of all the searchable houses there are. As for Sherlock... Yeah. Sherlock is a bit of a late bloomer. He becomes absurdly good after promotion, but that's not for a while yet. Actually, I've heard a pro strat is to just ignore him for the first half of the game, then speed train him to promotion, because he's so ineffective early on and doesn't even get much experience to compensate.

I get what you're saying. It was odd, her first appearance is a surprise of showiness with little reason. Given the stories spun around her, it would be reasonable that Van would hire this famed mercenary well before Reese strolled into Navaron.

And gameplay-wise, Sylvis blows her bow-using competition out of the water at the start. Aim, Overwatch, and Deadeye from the start give her a trifecta of versatility in archery. Expert for allow for quick use of those rarer bows I've barely tapped into, and she has a higher starting Bow rank than Christine or Sherlock for superior accuracy (double Sherlock's, nine times greater than Christine's), with double or nearly double their Strength. Esteban has accuracy, but I know his real potential is lategame-only via Pursuit. The competition will eventually close the gap and come into their own, but Sylvis is the easiest to use.

Yes, her joining in chapter 5 just makes more sense. But I'm glad she joins in chapter 1 instead. It's part of what makes her Best Girl.

Let's see now...

• Genealogy has an pirate archer girl who gets a special bow letting her O/2HKO everything.
    • Also Genealogy- Changing a barbarian prince from an axeman to a bowman because Kaga grew to like him.
  • Thracia 776- An underbaked excuse saves said pirate lady archer from presumed death and gives her a prominent role in the plot under a new identity.
  • TearRing Saga- Uses the name of the pirate archer for a hunting goddess, whose nonliteral child is a sniper woman. A sniper woman who comes very early with amazing stats and skills, and who might have one major flaw, but she has so much else going for her other than that it doesn't mean very much.
    • Also TRS, invents a male main character who specializes in bows.
  • Berwick Saga- Takes the name of the excellent TRS sniper and assigns it to an omelette.
    • Also BS, invents a hunter who resembles the TRS bow lord.
  • Vestaria Saga- From what little I know, makes a co-lord an archer too.

So, is Sylvis really all that strange?

Not at all, no. Heck, I didn't even know that Jamke was changed to an archer because Kaga started to like him... That really says a lot, doesn't it.

Also I would argue Raquel's "one major flaw" is nothing but an upside on top of her godly stats. Funny how it works, huh?

Yeah he was pretty dry back in Chapter 2. I found him suddenly being swordsexual cute. If his decent stats and Arrowsbane weren't already enough, he has secured his way into my team.

Not bad, Kramer. Not bad.

Truly, Reese has no sense of interior design. It's all sheer coincidence that anything comes together into a fashionable whole.

Tianna fixed his room as much as she could while he was out.

Honestly, I do not get the point to bed canopies. It isn't like Reese's bed is big enough for himself and a tart he picked up in town. Then I would understand wanting to surround it with a curtain in case someone came in without knocking first. And the overpriced furnishing couldn't possibly provide that kind of privacy.

As if Reese has a sex drive to begin with lol

My own -five years ancient- summary from just looking at her official art: "Slivia combines confidence, pride, maturity, and a bit of sexiness in her artwork". All achieved with modesty.

That's so on-point, though. Perfect description.

Though I do think her initial cultural complaining about Berwick League women was somewhat odd.

Oh yeah, that... It's not the best scene in the game, I'll say. I guess it's meant to establish her as an irresponsible hot head, which fits her following development, but it is a rather clunky way of going about it. Though I'll admit, "a real woman charges into battle alongside the men and can fight just as well with her baby on her back!" is a line that makes me a very happy chap.

Honestly, Reese is the real problem in that scene. Tianna is about to make a point and Reese just interrupts her so he can make a super questionable argument. Then the game lets him have the last word and moves on to introducing Weiss. It's strange, to say the least.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah, I see. 

Is it that surprising?

Well, either due to her outstanding performance as a unit, her fantastically badass introduction or her cool design, Sylvis tends to make a great first impression on almost everyone.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, either due to her outstanding performance as a unit, her fantastically badass introduction or her cool design, Sylvis tends to make a great first impression on almost everyone.

The 1st part i've yet to see, and as for the second, that's totally on the individual, and i obviously don't agree on that part. XD

Just now, lightcosmo said:

The 1st part i've yet to see

...What? I mean, fair enough on the rest, everyone's got their own tastes, but it is undeniable that Sylvis runs circles around every other archer in the game until like, chapter 11, and even then they only catch up to her and she continues to be pretty great nonetheless. She's absolutely amazing! Not as centralizing as Clifford, Volo or Dean, perhaps, but combined with her lower fee, it makes her into an incredible asset.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

and as for the second, that's totally on the individual, and i obviously don't agree on that part. XD

Yeah, this is fair enough. I mean, we know your character preferences are pretty much the complete opposite to mine, haha.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...What? I mean, fair enough on the rest, everyone's got their own tastes, but it is undeniable that Sylvis runs circles around every other archer in the game until like, chapter 11, and even then they only catch up to her and she continues to be pretty great nonetheless. She's absolutely amazing! Not as centralizing as Clifford, Volo or Dean, perhaps, but combined with her lower fee, it makes her into an incredible asset.

Yeah, this is fair enough. I mean, we know your character preferences are pretty much the complete opposite to mine, haha.

I went my ENTIRE last playthrough and she didn't activate maim at all... 

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I went my ENTIRE last playthrough and she didn't activate maim at all... 

Ah, well, yeah. Maim is the weakest and most irrelevant part of her skillset. What makes her awesome is... well, everything else, really.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, well, yeah. Maim is the weakest and most irrelevant part of her skillset. What makes her awesome is... well, everything else, really.

Is it strange that later on in the game, i find aim kinda useless? I mean, her weapon rank should be high enough to where accuracy shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Reviews are coming in for RF5 now, and they're looking rather... shoddy.🙁 Seems like it's all on the technical side, but it really bothers people. TBF, 4/6 prior titles were 3/DS, all going back to 2012 at the latest, and ToD, the last full 3D game, was 2011. The devs need to update their skills. Hopefully it'll sell well enough despite the criticisms to warrant a 6th numbered entry which improves graphically, design, and performance-wise.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reviews are coming in for RF5 now, and they're looking rather... shoddy.🙁 Seems like it's all on the technical side, but it really bothers people. TBF, 4/6 prior titles were 3/DS, all going back to 2012 at the latest, and ToD, the last full 3D game, was 2011. The devs need to update their skills. Hopefully it'll sell well enough despite the criticisms to warrant a 6th numbered entry which improves graphically, design, and performance-wise.

I remember when the game came out on jp people complained about performance as well and were hoping the English version fixes it

Remember how I said before that I wanted to beat F-Zero GX's Ruby Cup on expert with Spark Moon?

Well, there we go. Finally went back to the game and did it. I went ahead and recorded it, too. It's far from a great run, but hey, there it is. Might record my first master victory of each of the cups. Just for the heck of it, have a complete collection of my F-Zero pain right on display.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Is it strange that later on in the game, i find aim kinda useless? I mean, her weapon rank should be high enough to where accuracy shouldn't be an issue anymore.

It does lose a bit of usefulness, but still, it's excellent in the early and midgame and still good in some places of the lategame.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

does lose a bit of usefulness, but still, it's excellent in the early and midgame and still good in some places of the lategame

Hence why I said "lategame".

Sure its great early game, but accuracy shouldn't be a problem in chapters 8 and beyond, at least from my experience.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hence why I said "lategame".

Sure its great early game, but accuracy shouldn't be a problem in chapters 8 and beyond, at least from my experience.

Eh

* Assssins were still troublesome

* Units get double terrain bonus when attacked at range

* You can use the -15 hit 3 range safely with a unit like Sylvis

Edited by Shrimpolaris

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Eh

* Assssins were still troublesome

* Units get double terrain bonus when attacked at range

* You can use the -15 hit 3 range safely with a unit like Sylvis

I can see what you mean, but I never got the feeling that I needed to rely on that at all.