• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am helping out my father after his surgery. It might be a little bit, but see you all next time.

Hopefully everything goes well!

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AM-JKLVGn5j9rlfvVy6jpjKP6oHLzMrvmTCF4Y_B

Last I checked I don't, at least not in game...

AM-JKLXTLjSk4COqCHsR1d1IrJIFvcECQ11SV458

... 😞

I am a fan!

'Morning, all!

The Berwick prison camp battle wasn't too difficult generally speaking, though it did take a few tries and plenty of resetting. Two separated teams was different, resulting in a generous unit count, The thicket divider is wide enough to keep Physics from working across the lane, so I gave the middle group some Vulneraries. Getting to the dirt & cliffs is easy, but carving through the enemies once there was where the slowdown happened. I decided to use the Pavilion for once to get some extra happiness on a few characters (Namely Esteban, rechecking the recruitment info on SF made me notice I need him at 5 happy either before the start of Chapter 9 or afterwards, which is scarily soon. He should've been at least 3.5 happy prior to me hiring him and giving him A-rank food here, another should hiring him to exactly 5). The +20 Hit food was available, but more importantly was the meal that provides Arrowsbane on Volo. Bringing Kramer and Elbert allowed me to safely seal off the arrow-laden southern escape route, and block off all the other pathways too. Enid, Dean, and Thaddy blocked the center route; Faramir, Ruby (I forgot to leave some stationary archers alive for her to get shot at 😑), and Sylvis choked the north. Leaving Izerna to heal and Volo and Larentia to kill everything. Thank goodness the captive carriers don't have FE's Pass and don't attack you, leaving me the freedom to kill the last archer down that long path before setting the southern captive free. The biggest bugbear on this map was the axe armor, I didn't bring any mages to bypass its heaping defense and it was a bit too accurate against Volo, I slammed a bronze sword against it until the shield broke. Enid ended the map with a boss kill, getting her second Magic proc at the earliest possible level, since I missed the first Soma, I need to get the second wherever it is and she'll be good and promoted.

Oh, and Tianna being engaged to Vester. The game didn't explain her thoughts on the matter yet, but I'm getting the feeling she might not have given her consent. She also looks older than a marriage-age lass, maybe not Ward old, but old enough to have a child at or over 10 years of age. And speaking of NPC women, the royal princess being unwed caught my eye from the start of the story, and hearing Bernard was intended to be her spouse, yup, I get it. Regardless of whoever his sister wed, Volcens would totally stab his in-law and suffocate any nephews, because any male with a royal connection is a potential usurper.

Next map is the obligatory desert I see. Doesn't look too bad actually, light infantry having their movement unimpeded is bliss. The fire wyvern gives me reason to use Aegina for once. The bandits look weak, the lone yellow unit readily defensible, and the greens seemingly won't be attacked. The map is going to need a real surprise if it's to be difficult.

Coming up to the 2nd most difficult boss in Xenosaga Ep I (Erde Kaiser not being used, obviously) 

Tiamat. I've mentioned this before but this battle as straight up BS. It reacts to Shion or Jr 's consciousness (so when it reacts to Shion, it uses Ether, and Jr.: physical) the thing is, these attacks basically one round the player WITHOUT a critical hit (the way this gimmick works is: it checks the bonus wheel, and whatever bonus it says its reacts on it uses those two options every time, and if it lands on a crit... Well, you might as well start over right away.)

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I have another grinding session ahead of me before this gym, and I haven't had as much free time, as I am helping out my father after his surgery. It might be a little bit, but see you all next time.

Best wishes to you and your father. We'll be waiting for you when you come back.

Aww, it appears they've confirmed the character customizer isn't in Skywalker Saga after all. Or at least, someone claims to have gotten confirmation from the devs. I guess there's still a chance it all turns out to be a big hoax, but... well, it's small and it's better to assume it's true. A shame, but... Oh well, it is what it is. Undoubtedly a bad thing, but not a gamebreaking problem, I don't think.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wdym, i've always admitted that Omori is cringe anime.

I mean.

Your loss.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Isn't Berwick also called Tear Ring?

Full title is Tear Ring Saga: Berwick Saga.

Hah! That's right.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

hey, he married Larcei

of course he'd be smug

Whomst? I only know Creidne.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Berwick prison camp battle wasn't too difficult generally speaking, though it did take a few tries and plenty of resetting. Two separated teams was different, resulting in a generous unit count, The thicket divider is wide enough to keep Physics from working across the lane, so I gave the middle group some Vulneraries. Getting to the dirt & cliffs is easy, but carving through the enemies once there was where the slowdown happened. I decided to use the Pavilion for once to get some extra happiness on a few characters (Namely Esteban, rechecking the recruitment info on SF made me notice I need him at 5 happy either before the start of Chapter 9 or afterwards, which is scarily soon. He should've been at least 3.5 happy prior to me hiring him and giving him A-rank food here, another should hiring him to exactly 5). The +20 Hit food was available, but more importantly was the meal that provides Arrowsbane on Volo. Bringing Kramer and Elbert allowed me to safely seal off the arrow-laden southern escape route, and block off all the other pathways too. Enid, Dean, and Thaddy blocked the center route; Faramir, Ruby (I forgot to leave some stationary archers alive for her to get shot at 😑), and Sylvis choked the north. Leaving Izerna to heal and Volo and Larentia to kill everything. Thank goodness the captive carriers don't have FE's Pass and don't attack you, leaving me the freedom to kill the last archer down that long path before setting the southern captive free. The biggest bugbear on this map was the axe armor, I didn't bring any mages to bypass its heaping defense and it was a bit too accurate against Volo, I slammed a bronze sword against it until the shield broke. Enid ended the map with a boss kill, getting her second Magic proc at the earliest possible level, since I missed the first Soma, I need to get the second wherever it is and she'll be good and promoted.

Sounds like you're having a good time. I'll say, though, you didn't have to stall on freeing the final captive. The map doesn't end when all captives are free, you still need to seize or escape.

I slammed a bronze sword against it until the shield broke

Also, you really need to stop doing this to yourself.

Oh, and Tianna being engaged to Vester. The game didn't explain her thoughts on the matter yet, but I'm getting the feeling she might not have given her consent.

That's, uh... Vester isn't exactly a paragon of gentlemanliness.

And speaking of NPC women, the royal princess being unwed caught my eye from the start of the story, and hearing Bernard was intended to be her spouse, yup, I get it. Regardless of whoever his sister wed, Volcens would totally stab his in-law and suffocate any nephews, because any male with a royal connection is a potential usurper.

Volcyboy is just such a treasure.

Next map is the obligatory desert I see. Doesn't look too bad actually, light infantry having their movement unimpeded is bliss. The fire wyvern gives me reason to use Aegina for once. The bandits look weak, the lone yellow unit readily defensible, and the greens seemingly won't be attacked. The map is going to need a real surprise if it's to be difficult.

Kaga did desert maps that aren't infuriating in this game. Isn't that amazing?

...Of course, he dropped the ball by making a snow mark that effectively works as a desert map. It's not Kitsune Hell tier bad, but it's... not great. But I digress, that's neither here nor there.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? Well, do share.

There is a Kel in Omori, remember?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Uncultured.

Cry me a river, like Sigurd probably did when almost his entire army stopped in their tracks for no apparent reason and let themselves be consumed by meteors.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

There is a Kel in Omori, remember?

But what does it have to do with FE's Kel.

Heck, if anything, he has more in common with this Kel:

That's him, ready to make some Orange Joe... or not. XD

19 hours ago, Sooks said:

The tried and true “group up your entire party” formation that you’ve probably been using the entire game doesn’t really work here, as the boss spams AoE way too much and you will get destroyed. You need to spread out.

Earth guard works wonders here, since it has low cast time and you won’t need an AoE spell anyway. You should probably have at least two party members who can cast it (with cast quartz equipped). Grail sphere is a god send, like always, so Kevin should have +CP stuff, like always.

Also, respect for switching out your party just to grab Estelle for this fight.

What difficulty are you playing on btw?

I'm on Normal, and I've had some trouble with a few of the previous bosses. I'll take your advice into account when I attempt the boss again.

I may try to finish the gambling minigame and the hard arena before trying the boss again. I know there's a "see every door" Star Door, and I have three out of five Sun Doors listed as complete on the corresponding achievement, so I'm guessing only the normal Arena is necessary for completion. Every stage of the fishing minigame seems to be required, however. The poker minigame would be easier if I could remember what I'm supposed to do to win.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Moments like this are why I play Medic.

True.

DTG1em8.png

Though in my case, it was also because I was often the only Medic on my team.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

unknown-10.png

Atlus is trying to eliminate the competition for when they make a Persona gacha.

SSBU got content for two and a half years after Joker was added, so it seems the curse only applies to mobile games.

TF2 SFM) I'm a healer, but... - YouTube

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

SSBU got content for two and a half years after Joker was added, so it seems the curse only applies to mobile games.

I guess AE is not like other mobile games then...