• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

First impressions of Rune Factory 5 for me are pretty positive. Movement is a bit too slow for my liking however Rune Factory is a game i don't play for extended periods of time. Lots of hours of content sure but it's not the game you play like the whole day. So any slowness isn't too much of an issue.

Combat is actually pretty neat. It ain't DMC but i'm not expecting that out of this.

English voices.....kinda suck. The Japanese voice acting doesn't feel that much better.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so it turns out Triangle Strategy is the best game ever made.

It has this character.

Reveal hidden contents

qpqjuKbQ_o.jpg

It is fully sentient, does not fit the game's low fantasy setting in the slightest and whacks people with a telescope. Its abilities all depend on what number the target's HP is a multiple of.

I love it. This is the best character in the game. Move over, Benedict. Mathbot is here.

I need to get this game…

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

IMG_0506.jpg?width=780&height=585

let's friggin go

it's also a lot smaller than the pictures made it seem lol

fine by me, takes up less space

47 minutes ago, TheChoZenOne said:

So excited to play this!!!! You have no idea!! Imma stream the heck outta this game!! ❤❤❤❤

Enjoy the game!!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

English voices.....kinda suck.

[Laughs in Yakuza 1's dub]

...You know, I don't actually know if I've played a game with really good English voice acting. I suppose TH's is fine...

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah i'm glad he isn't in Rebels. I love The Force Unleashed but that game did symbolize something I hate about the Star Wars EU: the animefication of the Force.

That's true, but it would've been cool to see him integrated into canon even without his wacky Force powers.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Starkiller who?

Starkiller, real name Galen Marek, is the main character of the game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. He's Darth Vader's apprentice who turns good and is most well known for doing this. I don't know why he was in Lego Star Wars III, but I won't complain.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

...You know, I don't actually know if I've played a game with really good English voice acting. I suppose TH's is fine...

But you played Xenoblade 2.

-------------------------

On today's episode of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

As an aside it was fun to battle General Morgan (and everyone else I fought in this chapter), I wasn't expecting to fight him and he was surprisingly tough.

tumblr_ndrwloMkTC1s24bqho1_500.gif

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Naturally Papa Cassius annihilated the party almost immediately, and I would've been disappointed if he didn't. And he's only the third guardian! It's fun to see that Cassius is just as overpowered as the plot makes him out to be, but now I have to figure out a way to defeat him. Hmm...

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hide contents

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Naturally Papa Cassius annihilated the party almost immediately, and I would've been disappointed if he didn't. And he's only the third guardian! It's fun to see that Cassius is just as overpowered as the plot makes him out to be, but now I have to figure out a way to defeat him. Hmm...

The tried and true “group up your entire party” formation that you’ve probably been using the entire game doesn’t really work here, as the boss spams AoE way too much and you will get destroyed. You need to spread out.

Earth guard works wonders here, since it has low cast time and you won’t need an AoE spell anyway. You should probably have at least two party members who can cast it (with cast quartz equipped). Grail sphere is a god send, like always, so Kevin should have +CP stuff, like always.

Also, respect for switching out your party just to grab Estelle for this fight.

What difficulty are you playing on btw?

25 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

But you played Xenoblade 2.

Oh yeah.

...I'll finish it eventually, I swear.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still laugh at the irony that the first time Zelda was playable was not even in a Nintendo game.

Lol. There’s only one person other than link that you can control/play as in the series (not including Hyrule warriors), and he’s in Majora’s mask. If anyone knows who Kafei is, I love you. I feel like no one ever does.

2 minutes ago, Elina said:

Lol. There’s only one person other than link that you can control/play as in the series (not including Hyrule warriors), and he’s in Majora’s mask. If anyone knows who Kafei is, I love you. I feel like no one ever does.

Indeed, Kafei was the first.

That said, Wind Waker had segments where you could control Tingle, so that makes him the second other.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, Wind Waker had segments where you could control Tingle, so that makes him the second other.

Oop I forgot about that. Oh my goodness someone actually knows!!!!!

I finally found a way to make my story work without getting too convoluted 🙌

Though I had to sacrifice my original ideas. Damn, I need more time

Edited by Newtype06

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

It's a Fire Red hack actually

I know

i was surprised, too.

Nevermind then, thats perfectly fine.

_

I started playing Xenosaga ep I and just passed Cherenkovs boss fight, this one is the first difficult step in the game imo.

Edited by lightcosmo

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Berwick Saga is superior to TRS, just sayin' xd

Truer words were never said.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Not in hit-rates it ain't 

hqx7okmi64c11.gif

Armagon when the game is different:

c82.png

11 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

It actually is if you know how to use your units 😛 

The secret is that Armagon is just bad

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

I need to get this game…

I like how that convinced you.

As it should. The only reason Decimal isn't best waifu is that it's too precious and pure to be a waifu. But it is the most important character in Triangle Strategy nonetheless.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Starkiller, real name Galen Marek, is the main character of the game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. He's Darth Vader's apprentice who turns good and is most well known for doing this. I don't know why he was in Lego Star Wars III, but I won't complain.

Those facial expressions. Top tier.

Honestly, I'm just hyped that Rebel Friend is in Skywalker Saga.

Its been a little bit, but back at my nuzlocke we were at

AM-JKLWe9e_wcIAP6e-OjSdfM66wA0iAoNHUdL-t

and catch up with the champion

AM-JKLWh4sApmZj-D1lqAKS5yxAKEm1ml404G9sT

Yeah, you did sorta vanish on us back there.

AM-JKLXLPGB2TcCH6gwq5gSl0zSfq50EBr12B8Mn

That must be what prevented us from ogling Rayquaza before. I knew the game would bring me here eventually, so I didn't really bother exploring it before.

AM-JKLXyLSLLLOkeYGNPXLcPzgT9srcfZqwiJvEs

They are really emphasizing the destructive nature of this fight. I guess Groudon just got a good hit in.

AM-JKLU0QHYqvHNft1ULqQ50i7zy4jNT8JKPyj-kAM-JKLVd_ZgxjT7S4v_VZukqEdJ6aJ-HSJ_Y2cfd

I didn't think to check it out at the time, but I wonder how far they let the chaos weather spread, as it was rather localized before.

AM-JKLVSdhr_-33POne9hHSOgHmNjS6zwaYqnP8X

Why the champion feels he needs to leave the fate of the world in the hands of a 10 year old, Arceus only knows. Whelp, lets go find

AM-JKLWffMzLV3eew-gIMKTsmsnkhLMz_tZFMWqp

Rayquaza and wake that slugabed up 😛

AM-JKLVR_wmi8eD2tEe1CquEOBqIqVeN27C5-IB1

It will conveniently wait for our return before saving the world. That takes a little bit, as this place has mostly dupes, but eventually we find

AM-JKLXsOnAELXO1qJXksbIRjZ6TXbYJFrA7dEWr

The one new encounter in this place.

AM-JKLU13VCAwFUVjq15oK-RV5jhmkfZvjYKskvg

Continuing the new random Pokemon thread user names, we have @Randoman the Haunter.

Alright time to return the escalating battle

AM-JKLWgTuF70Psg7croAKfhnFjDGEV-gUgfvv5J

For the world (dramatic lightning and all).

AM-JKLVtrtCyBfJ6q7aCBeUeCf65bcWb1SzvN1kL

In comes our last minute god from the machine

AM-JKLVAFtxfa35hyoxEt-XwsX-i0gBGOmDZpgLMAM-JKLVBYehwwPTb-a9sHXnDh8m2On9Rafn_58fT

Riding a ray of light breaking through the clouds to emphasize an almost divine nature. A savior from above.

AM-JKLXjq4QYPYhGgOeObYA3HBFaIYkxnMFRnaUeAM-JKLX_pb2TX9H08878QbkEoCIFj5XGAv_MfDo_

Driving off the embattled legends with a Roar (although it would need a TM to learn hat move in game...). Also as a random side note, I like that we see the little waves Kyogre makes as it leaves.

AM-JKLUrjBnh2FcWllItY5Pn2PqGh53mnRhDevjz

Only Rayquaza remains in the breaking rain. Seeing the rain reminds me of how odd it is that Rayquaza doesn't create clear weather on entry, to mirror his counterparts, and only cancels weather's effects while it is out.

AM-JKLVjCqw8LcKoqUntmAVTNVkYvllqViw0yjCLAM-JKLW8MDpw2sMxHvQ-qK8OJnB4POR6uU8Wt87nAM-JKLWASLp-bd17Xye2W-fepwJ4YoNRiQSIg_7F

I really am amazing. Nice to see my world saving efforts recognized by the randos.

AM-JKLV-mF2ykDURgKEAS-s0wNP5rNpoMWZ7ZnlF

After what the first two were like, I don't blame you.

AM-JKLUg6WVw8Fm7nMt5DEly09lPGn8OJki3gDXr

I mean neither of them flew off, Rayquaza did that, but I get it.

AM-JKLXgY7Vnlmd1UFIdUmMf38n9U3fiECpHj4aU

Don't be downplaying your villainous acts now...

AM-JKLVEbyif3EZU_kIepyXEqG2Dw-RAiyAAgB7b

And you should be glad of that, as the last one really fixed the mess the two of you made...

AM-JKLXyHXxuc6fE6VgRmmjzIx_2K7z1zEftNky-

And then the two of them just scatter.

AM-JKLUxm2H0nUb4DtqInxfYI5fmEZyIoyvNog-d

I think I will check up on them after I am done with Sootlopolis.

AM-JKLVa0mQD8zpPmqijsVnebrrHEARik_tIhHalAM-JKLXuozu9bDuW7_O_XS0hFEccJWUUUEBrrMdv

Its nice that to be appreciated for my efforts, even if it was a rather small thing.

AM-JKLUW8Kvdvf69XuPNIph0flGUcfua-3tqPMauAM-JKLW5N7F0V1MV9iygy0g9nfXfUaTnNMv2H6lC

Awww, I didn't do this for a gift, but it is rather appreciated all the same.

AM-JKLXiIdeVj0vGnDZtWq5kecyjQzdCN4uADhl1

Now to get back to my gym badges 😁

...Ok, I still have a little faffing about to do, but...

AM-JKLUfbAwXLQfu0h9QiLkHlL8BABI-SqO6Gkjf

Rayquaza does have a rather pretty design.

AM-JKLUdETM0p4DT40wMPw72nsaulHd48scZvxPs

Honestly, I think this is a mistake. Not that I think the place should have been leveled, but some notable destruction from this event would have been interesting to see.

AM-JKLUFkCBwtvfkFpJpbT2CN3be7IbwZUNjkN64AM-JKLV1Ly4ITpxFQwVqD5PUOtSOuqOuLkmBXgFK

~

AM-JKLXTUCmaZcdpj36py7T6IeRFobRgAtchHxlvAM-JKLUc2X93o3fXa-Mzlre8_QUZvdDdyLJHwqn8

What a strange way of phrasing such things. I bet this was a hastily edited line to conform to Juan being the 8th gym leader now.

Also it seems I was a little wrong before, the locked houses do have some new people in them...

AM-JKLVNm2bPRranEAR4zgxGmoM824noHz6l9MnrAM-JKLV62S77h3JBnn24H2jMw1PZMieHaBV2vYjs

Huh, what a strange detail. I wonder what it is referencing...is something important supposed to be in the cave of origin? Is it a trap for the three ancient pokemon raging? If so, why can they all escape? Such a strange little detail.

AM-JKLXsWvtPS3o7WrmsjI6aPkIFfhGl3YFGg-HZAM-JKLXrd39vxyeYJZeovh_ptqG3iesiZxNpFh9PAM-JKLULd2jmEV3dHoDQp0OuChBlNmdee4k3tCBf

A volcano and rain water. Its sounds like Sootopolis was made from their previous battle...

AM-JKLWKxBKbisHWw3kxG-WziYRGaO5fowDUneui

So I have seen...

AM-JKLVGn5j9rlfvVy6jpjKP6oHLzMrvmTCF4Y_B

Last I checked I don't, at least not in game...

AM-JKLXTLjSk4COqCHsR1d1IrJIFvcECQ11SV458

... 😞

AM-JKLWbAVxXwNCu7JBhrsmKtT5sYLXwNzaGptQb

One last little thing to see before I get to the last pre-gym grind, a pair of rivals, hand in hand trying to fix their mistakes.

AM-JKLU0FypxXAr0iRm_XvqSYBLUDtdVZM4aCKgz

They are doing what they can to try and redeem themselves...

AM-JKLVfcH9l5xp-4bIDGoav-J88GKZEeMK6MjNr

More misguided really.

AM-JKLUONvuNXflAy1j2LcyA-1RN8HHvg54r1ppeAM-JKLX2mQBzOmtbc2dI3GKebinuZt10xKQOl-y8

Don't worry, I will skip to the new part, the part we helped write.

AM-JKLWHaIgBTcuNZzWdEygW4TAMYgX5u8dAgAy-AM-JKLWGtWjfDsITlSSDgAqTIGaxtZxQ44EKu42YAM-JKLU_Rtk3jpPSMirhoTI8Fa0_3_AXNUhDRmEJ

A fitting ending to that little tale. It is kinda odd that they didn't know about this happening in the old tale. That did complicate things for when we were hunting for a solution to this little problem.

AM-JKLVEDb5nqA6nsTrd9xeeBdnEACP89ZUPeh9e

I have another grinding session ahead of me before this gym, and I haven't had as much free time, as I am helping out my father after his surgery. It might be a little bit, but see you all next time.

25 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

as I am helping out my father after his surgery. It might be a little bit,

That sounds serious, and way more important than some Pokemon updates, so best focus on family first! 

I wish your father well! ❤️

45 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am helping out my father after his surgery. It might be a little bit, but see you all next time.

I hope that goes well and wish the best for your father. Take care of yourselves!

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That sounds serious, and way more important than some Pokemon updates, so best focus on family first! 

I wish your father well! ❤️

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I hope that goes well and wish the best for your father. Take care of yourselves!

Thanks for the support. Given the circumstances things are going well, the surgery was fairly routine, and he is recovering well (barring a little scare with a reaction to one of the pain meds), but he still needs some help around the house while he recovers.

Moments like this are why I play Medic.

Ze healing really is not as rewarding as ze hurting.

31 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thanks for the support. Given the circumstances things are going well, the surgery was fairly routine, and he is recovering well (barring a little scare with a reaction to one of the pain meds), but he still needs some help around the house while he recovers.

Hopefully things will continue to go well.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You got lost in the most linear Metroid game.

Not my fault the game is bad.