Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I just had a random epiphany.

I always thought this guy's name was super weird.

Now? Now I understand.

Okay so, I know Kel Omori, obviously, but I still don’t get the joke because this is an fe6 generic boss which means I’ve somehow never seen him in my entire life and also battled him like 5 times.

36 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The poker minigame would be easier if I could remember what I'm supposed to do to win.

Poker minigames in video games be like.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Another to note about that boss in XS I: DO NOT let it go its turn after Shion, or a game over is almost gurananteed. If it attacks using Ruined Earth (about 380 damage to every member with no crit) and goes another turn after cause boosting, thats gonna be a 100% game over.

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But what does it have to do with FE's Kel.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay so, I know Kel Omori, obviously, but I still don’t get the joke because this is an fe6 generic boss which means I’ve somehow never seen him in my entire life and also battled him like 5 times.

Oh, they have nothing in common. I guess if you squint really really hard he looks like Omori Kel on crack, but that's beside the point. All I was saying was that I always thought Kel was a made up gibberish name like FE does oftentimes. I mean, in the original translation he was fuckin' Gel. I thought Gringe changed it to Kel just to make it look more like a person's name than... y'know, gel. But after Omori, I now know it's an actual name people have. It just randomly occurred to me now, months after playing Omori.

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heck, if anything, he has more in common with this Kel:

lol

Why is he speaking in UwU to the orange juice?

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's him, ready to make some Orange Joe... or not. XD

Oh, very much. Kel's relationship with Orange Joe is unhealthy. Literally!

43 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

True.

DTG1em8.png

Though in my case, it was also because I was often the only Medic on my team.

Way to go! We need more medics.

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

TF2 SFM) I'm a healer, but... - YouTube

With the crossbow? Yes. You are just a healer. Real men murder spies with a syringe gun.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lol

Why is he speaking in UwU to the orange juice?

Never seen Kenan & Kel? Kel has a... very interesting relationship with orange soda.

Maybe that's where Omocat took inspiration...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Never seen Kenan & Kel?

I have no idea who they are.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe that's where Omocat took inspiration...

Could be, for all I know.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

But pretty much a Nickelodeon series from the late 90's.

Ahh, I see. Yeah, I've never seen this in my life. Maybe it didn't even make it to Spain. Who knows.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Serra was like "I don't wanna play with you anymore."

Serra can stuff the 0.000174% (*) chance of ...that happening where the sun doth not shine

(*) provided I can still do maths at 11pm

I've reached Chapter 8 now.

The parallelism of rotten princes and heroic generals with royal ties is blatant. This said, it is more balanced, the presentation of Bernstol and then Zephyrus leaves you wanting to root for both sides. Fire Emblem's unofficial offshoot has actually made a "villain" a sympathetic anime prettyboy, and in a more realistic way. Which is to say not along the lines of being controlled by a curse or being led astray by a true villain, and neither is this good intentions carried out in dramatically wrong ways like "I'll commit global genocide to save my sister and friends". Zephyrus is waging perfectly ordinary war no worse than the average general, against the "good guys", with the intent of strengthening his family's hand in a succession crisis against an objectionable claimant. True realism would be making Faisal and Zephyrus equally douchebags, but then, I understand the writers not wanting to be that cynical about war. It's enough to have sympathetic and antipathetic people in both League and Empire. The civilian requests likewise emphasize the common man and war.

So in summary, Zephyrus is 👍 for me. Kinda something I've been wanting in FE. I don't get the sense the Raze Empire is in the war entirely because of the Razite Papacy, unlike the Canaan Empire. The Raze Church has chosen a side in the coming civil war, but that is expectable. 

...And then I realized I might have made a mistake and won't be getting full recruitment. Arthur is supposed to auto-join at the start of Chapter 8, right? 1 happiness should've been obtained well already. Did viewing that one event long ago force me to into the alternative massive happiness path? There is almost no way Arthur can catch up now.😑

Oh well. Thats a counterintuitive error. I won't fret over maybe missing Clifford now. First playthroughs aren't perfect. I'll give Camelot boy a spin on a subsequent run, he kinda got shoved to the side b/c I was so focused on training/recruiting others that I had no room left.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kaga did desert maps that aren't infuriating in this game. Isn't that amazing?

I did harmlessly fall for the trap, and I almost lost Dean (who perma-joined after the map) b/c I didn't notice the boss had Pulverize. Still, a cinch of a map, much too easy.

Sounds like you're having a good time. I'll say, though, you didn't have to stall on freeing the final captive. The map doesn't end when all captives are free, you still need to seize or escape.

I knew that, my concern was I would free the southern captive, and then they would proceed down the road, getting perforated by the archers before they could escape. I held back so I could wait for reinforcements from up north could kill the archers. Probably didn't need to, but an abundance of caution doesn't hurt.

Also, you really need to stop doing this to yourself.

Volo devouring one or two bronze swords per battle is the norm for him. I get I should've brought a mage or my unblemished rapier, but it's not like I needed to rush. Chapter 7 main battle, yes I really should've broken out the good weapons more frequently there.

IMG_20220323_152834.jpg?width=762&height

IMG_20220323_152831.jpg?width=757&height

Kirin is the final DLC guest boss of Luminous Avenger iX 2. Gunvolt 3 was taking so long to come out, Kirin just said "fuck it" and went to a different game lmao.

But speaking of Gunvolt 3, Inti Creates has confirmed that news will finally, finally be coming in April. Long have i waited.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess people just aren't content and have to start adding stuff like that...

That's something FE6 remakes love to do. I accept it as a fact of life. I mean, if you just want the original FE6, then go play that lol

18 minutes ago, pong said:
  Hide contents

Also, what the fuck is "Serra" doing in BinBla endgame anyway?

I have no idea. The hack doesn't add any story to explain those things, as far as I recall. It's just a thing that happens because anime, I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've reached Chapter 8 now.

The parallelism of rotten princes and heroic generals with royal ties is blatant. This said, it is more balanced, the presentation of Bernstol and then Zephyrus leaves you wanting to root for both sides. Fire Emblem's unofficial offshoot has actually made a "villain" a sympathetic anime prettyboy, and in a more realistic way. Which is to say not along the lines of being controlled by a curse or being led astray by a true villain, and neither is this good intentions carried out in dramatically wrong ways like "I'll commit global genocide to save my sister and friends". Zephyrus is waging perfectly ordinary war no worse than the average general, against the "good guys", with the intent of strengthening his family's hand in a succession crisis against an objectionable claimant. True realism would be making Faisal and Zephyrus equally douchebags, but then, I understand the writers not wanting to be that cynical about war. It's enough to have sympathetic and antipathetic people in both League and Empire. The civilian requests likewise emphasize the common man and war.

So in summary, Zephyrus is 👍 for me. Kinda something I've been wanting in FE. I don't get the sense the Raze Empire is in the war entirely because of the Razite Papacy, unlike the Canaan Empire. The Raze Church has chosen a side in the coming civil war, but that is expectable. 

This is the complete opposite opinion from a certain someone's I've heard before...

But yes, I think I agree more with you than him. Zephyrus is a pretty fresh take on the "sympathetic enemy general" kind.

...And then I realized I might have made a mistake and won't be getting full recruitment. Arthur is supposed to auto-join at the start of Chapter 8, right? 1 happiness should've been obtained well already. Did viewing that one event long ago force me to into the alternative massive happiness path? There is almost no way Arthur can catch up now.😑

Oh well. Thats a counterintuitive error. I won't fret over maybe missing Clifford now. First playthroughs aren't perfect. I'll give Camelot boy a spin on a subsequent run, he kinda got shoved to the side b/c I was so focused on training/recruiting others that I had no room left.

Actually, viewing that event should send you to the chapter 8 autojoin. I believe he autojoins at the end of the main mission, though. Hold that thought until then.

I did harmlessly fall for the trap, and I almost lost Dean (who perma-joined after the map) b/c I didn't notice the boss had Pulverize. Still, a cinch of a map, much too easy.

Good ol' Riddle. The real riddle is why he has so many knives!

I knew that, my concern was I would free the southern captive, and then they would proceed down the road, getting perforated by the archers before they could escape. I held back so I could wait for reinforcements from up north could kill the archers. Probably didn't need to, but an abundance of caution doesn't hurt.

Oooohh... Yeah, I understand.

Still, Abus is perfectly fine. The man can tank regular arrows till the end of days, and there is only one guy with a single raijin arrow that can threaten him. He can die, but it's less likely than you'd think.

Volo devouring one or two bronze swords per battle is the norm for him. I get I should've brought a mage or my unblemished rapier, but it's not like I needed to rush. Chapter 7 main battle, yes I really should've broken out the good weapons more frequently there.

At least upgrade to longswords lol. Still, I guess Volo at least can afford to use bronzes, he's so good.

Cry me a river, like Sigurd probably did when almost his entire army stopped in their tracks for no apparent reason and let themselves be consumed by meteors.

UzqPq0t.jpg