• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

All right, so I just got Quahaug in Triangle Strategy. He's a timelord shota. That'd be bad enough, but he also has a move where he stops the entire battlefield except himself for 2 turns. Awesome, right? Free 2 TP for everyone!

Except he doesn't just get two free turns - he inflicts the entire field with the stop status effect. Which means you have to slooooooooooowly wait as the game scrolls through everyone even though they can't do anything.

So uh, yeah. People say he's OP, and he does seem pretty broken, but I don't like him.

Took not too many tries for Larentia to successfully block off the exit on Kramer's map. She failed to kill the crossbowman, she crippled 'em. A Chu-Ko-Nu and eight Killer Arrows, ought to be a resoundingly good boss killer.😋 Also crippled a bandit with a Dark Axe, which along with the Albatross sword Thaddy stole, gave me a good dose of collector cash. Sylvis reached level 10, but it appears she like Ruby still needs more happiness for their X missions (at least Sylvis is likely to see main mission combat for the happy, Ruby's 4 Strength is an abomination I'm not very likely to bring along when I need it most). I let my mind be dirty as Kramer spoke of his love of swords and Ward's inability to comprehend such passions.

Plot that kicks off Chapter 7 is expectable from a jealous fool. Reese not getting involved in a daring rescue or plea once more emphasizes realism, since in many though not all popular entertainment storylines of the kind found in JRPG and the ilk, you'd expect to heroically defy the authorities and set free the unjustly treated servant of humanity. Next map- more greens, more escape in 24 turns, and now with Fog of War! I like both the prep music and the map music, as I did two main missions ago. Not sure what the instrumentation in the prep tune is, an accordion? Whatever it is, it has a levity to it. Hexagons do make for some visually pretty maps I'll say. The fortress's shape vaguely bring to mind the "Renaissance/bastion forts" of Early Modern Europe.

-----

Screenshot-2022-03-21-144903.png

Forgot about the sale, but I purchased this while two hours remained. The second half of OGs comes first, but there, I've bit on the mainline. Spent extra for the deluxe version for Those Who Are Team ATX In OGs too.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I mean...

https://images2.imgbox.com/3b/f6/A0GZ72fi_o.png

I did buy everything once. You do have to rig captures on every single bounty if you want to be able to comfortably do it, but hey. It's doable.

Seems to me like it's a little... empty. Doesn't look like a half-million denarii. The treasure chest is totally out of place and needs to go. A small coffee table with some seating to the center-right on the blue rug would be appreciated. And perhaps a large comfy chair to lounge in against the entrance wall. The brown doormat clashes and looks kinda cheap too. The "luxury" bed isn't very luxurious, the mattress and bedding need upgrades.

You disappoint me, Reese.

4 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

And Reyn and Sharla's outfits were stupid as well

Sharla I understand. But Reyn's? *Checks his entire wardrobe*

Overdesigned, bulky for the sake of being bulky b/c he is the team tank, but sexualized? No. Besides his swimwear/underwear, the only thing that might qualify is the Makna wear, with the shiftlessness, tattoos, the leather straps might slightly play into the most popular gay kink, and then there is the grass skirt. Gotta say, peeking up ladies' dresses is totally wrong, but getting a glimpse as Reyn flexes his legs at the red underwear beneath puts a small grin on my face. Oh, and he had a midriff in his Middle wear, but that barely counts.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screenshot-2022-03-21-144903.png

Forgot about the sale, but I purchased this while two hours remained. The second half of OGs comes first, but there, I've bit on the mainline. Spent extra for the deluxe version for Those Who Are Team ATX In OGs too.

Welcome to the club!

You know the drill, any help there's always Akurasu: https://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/30

30 certainly plays quite different from other SRW's, so definitely gonna need a crash course on that, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Long long ago, in a thread far far away...

BL3OKlM.jpg

Musse conquered Last post wins

That's interesting but what does that have to do with Teehee? Or am I missing something?

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must say, I find it pretty hilarious how the Star Wars fans saw Mama the Hutt and went "OH BOY THIS TOTALLY CONFIRMS THAT REBELS AND CLONE WARS CHARACTERS ARE ON THE GAME CALLED SKYWALKER SAGA, THE GHOST CREW ASHOKA CAPTAIN REX AND ALL THE OTHER CLONES, SHUT UP I'M NOT OVERHYPING, THIS IS TOTALLY REASONABLE."

So it's basically the Super Smash Bros. fanbase?

I do find it strange that Clone Wars didn't get a DLC pack, even if Ahsoka is already in one of them, since it got its own Lego game. Even The Bad Batch, which is arguably a Clone Wars spinoff, has its own DLC.

5 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

And Reyn and Sharla's outfits were stupid as well

Now that I think about it, 2 probably has better designs than 1, Dunban and Alvis aside. Put your pitchforks away please.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

No... No.... NononononnOOOOOOOOOOO-

DON'T PUT KIRYU IN FORTNITE, PLEAAASSSEEE

Reality is often disappointing...

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That's interesting but what does that have to do with Teehee? Or am I missing something?

Musse says "teehee" a lot, from what I gather, so this thread was created to commemorate her and the existence of teehee.

2135070392_ScreenShot2021-02-02at7_01_17PM.thumb.png.0d3209c21a8a70cacfdf9d1b26937493.png

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Musse says "teehee" a lot, from what I gather, so this thread was created to commemorate her and the existence of teehee.

2135070392_ScreenShot2021-02-02at7_01_17PM.thumb.png.0d3209c21a8a70cacfdf9d1b26937493.png

Ahhh...

Okay great, I'm enlightened now. You can get rid of that "New member" title for me now, mods.

On a completely different note that isn't "haha Star Wars fans bad", I love how everyone fully intended to turn on mumble mode as soon as they got their hands on Skywalker Saga because of nostalgia. Now we're getting to see a bit of dialogue and slowly but surely a ton of people are changing their minds. The voice acting is so good it beats nostalgia. Go figure.

I'm so hyped for this game, it's unreal.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Took not too many tries for Larentia to successfully block off the exit on Kramer's map. She failed to kill the crossbowman, she crippled 'em. A Chu-Ko-Nu and eight Killer Arrows, ought to be a resoundingly good boss killer.😋 Also crippled a bandit with a Dark Axe, which along with the Albatross sword Thaddy stole, gave me a good dose of collector cash.

Hoho! Way to go! There is a droppable dark axe, but it's super late into the game. This is the only place where you can get an Albatross until chapter 15 (y'know, of 15), so it's good you grabbed it. And the chu-ko-nu is just a great thing to have. See if you can upgrade it to a rapid crossbow at the atelier for maximum hilarity.

Sylvis reached level 10, but it appears she like Ruby still needs more happiness for their X missions (at least Sylvis is likely to see main mission combat for the happy, Ruby's 4 Strength is an abomination I'm not very likely to bring along when I need it most).

To be fair, Kramer has the lowest happiness requirement out of the four characters with paralogues. And Sylvis doesn't get any happiness from her presence in chapter 5, I'm pretty sure.

Actually, I had meant to talk about this when you were there, but I've always felt Sylvis was meant to join in chapter 5 and they put her in chapter 1 at the last minute. She just randomly gets hired by Vanmillion and has main plot presence for no reason, and the city event after the map seems to imply Reese had never seen her until then. Her bases are also far better suited for chapter 5.

I guess Kaga just liked her and decided to plop this early-midgame unit into the second map without making any changes to her? Just for the lolz? I mean, I'm not complaining, Sylvis is a treasure and near-perfect availability only contributes to that, but... Sheesh.

I let my mind be dirty as Kramer spoke of his love of swords and Ward's inability to comprehend such passions.

Bahahahahahah... Oh, Kramer. He's such a bizarre character, because he has no character until his paralogue, where he's randomly made out to have an unhealthy obsession with swords.

Plot that kicks off Chapter 7 is expectable from a jealous fool. Reese not getting involved in a daring rescue or plea once more emphasizes realism, since in many though not all popular entertainment storylines of the kind found in JRPG and the ilk, you'd expect to heroically defy the authorities and set free the unjustly treated servant of humanity. 

Yeah, Reese and his insignificant army of barely over a hundred (according to the plot) would get squashed like bugs if they tried to go against Volcyboy directly.

Next map- more greens, more escape in 24 turns, and now with Fog of War!

FoW in Berwick is forgivable because Berwick fixed FoW. IntSys would steal the idea... for Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, and nothing else ever again. I'll never understand it.

I like both the prep music and the map music, as I did two main missions ago. Not sure what the instrumentation in the prep tune is, an accordion? Whatever it is, it has a levity to it. Hexagons do make for some visually pretty maps I'll say. The fortress's shape vaguely bring to mind the "Renaissance/bastion forts" of Early Modern Europe.

Berwick's visuals and music both are gorgeous.

Also, prep tune? What prep tune? You mean the theme of the city?

Seems to me like it's a little... empty. Doesn't look like a half-million denarii. The treasure chest is totally out of place and needs to go. A small coffee table with some seating to the center-right on the blue rug would be appreciated. And perhaps a large comfy chair to lounge in against the entrance wall.

Great suggestions, all of these.

The brown doormat clashes and looks kinda cheap too. 

To be fair, the brown doormat is unlocked by default. You have it too! It does nothing and costs nothing. I'm not sure why it exists.

The "luxury" bed isn't very luxurious, the mattress and bedding need upgrades.

The """"""""""""""luxury"""""""""""""" bed is just a bulky bed frame thrown on top of the regular bed. Hilarious. Isn't Kaga's gameplay-story integration amazing? Reese's extreme naïvete was integrated into his purchasing of furniture as well!

You disappoint me, Reese.

That's not even all of it. Do you see that red and blue thing tucked behind the bed? That's the tapestry. You know, the most expensive piece of furniture, at a whopping 45 thousand denarii. That absolute asshole Reese threw the bed on top of it and called it a day.

2ATeEU5d_o.png

Doesn't help that it's the best-looking piece of furniture, too. You can see it here. It looks pretty majestic. Truly the best thing to hide behind an ugly bed.

48 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

So it's basically the Super Smash Bros. fanbase?

Hah! Kinda, yes.

48 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I do find it strange that Clone Wars didn't get a DLC pack, even if Ahsoka is already in one of them, since it got its own Lego game. Even The Bad Batch, which is arguably a Clone Wars spinoff, has its own DLC.

Oh, by all means, some of the roster choices are pretty weird. And counting variants of the "Obi Wan with a hood" kind as separate characters was a nasty little trick to allow the marketing department to gloat about a bigger character count.

I'm just saying... it's really not that big of a deal. A bigger deal would be if they've cut the character creator, as people have been fearing. I want to think it's paranoia, but it's best to expect the worst. Still, while this would undoubtedly be a big shame, I still don't think it'd be a gamebreaking flaw either. Ultimately, the core game looks miles ahead of pretty much everything Lego games have seen in the past, with a few arguable exceptions. It actually looks like a pretty great game, all nostalgia aside!