Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

yeah LPT got Cern'd

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

takes me back to when I first joined the forums

good times

I have been thinking of reviving the Crossover lately, however by removing the CS stuff and replacing them with Xbell xD

Edited by Shrimpolaris

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh did you actually finish it?

I haven’t touched it since I got bored of it…

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

If you want a cheerful and light game, may I recommend Kirby's Epic Yarn? It's got great visuals, a soundtrack that pops off, and is a good time in general. It's reasonably short as well! One of the first games I ever played.

Before you start recommending me games, remember that Yakuza 0 is untouched in my Steam library.

And I don’t want something that is cheerful or light, because that doesn’t exactly match with my tastes—

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I have been thinking of reviving the Crossover lately, however by removing the CS stuff and replacing them with Xbell xD

The quest to collect Lloyd’s bod?

But who will be spreading teehee? Fran?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The quest to collect Lloyd’s bod?

But who will be spreading teehee? Fran?

Lmao no

no Teehee or something, the beginning will be a bit more serious xD, but still a 3H x Trails crossover
Dunno if i wanna do it tho because sooner or later i will have to involve CS, and then imma rewrite everything that happened  in CS lol

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I haven’t touched it since I got bored of it…

You got bored of it after you spent the entire time praising it?

Edited by Armagon

22 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

👀

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

BL3OKlM.jpg

the classic by Draggy

👌

-------

I can get behind this

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You got bored of it after you spent the entire time praising it?

Did you forget? I really liked the mystery and the way the story was told, but I didn’t care a lot about the actual conflict or the characters itself, and the gameplay got pretty stale, so when it seemed like the mystery had mooostly come together at the end and all that was left was everything else I got pretty bored.

30 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Lmao no

no Teehee or something, the beginning will be a bit more serious xD, but still a 3H x Trails crossover

Interesting…

30 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

and then imma rewrite everything that happened  in CS lol

Just now, Sooks said:

Did you forget? I really liked the mystery and the way the story was told, but I didn’t care a lot about the actual conflict or the characters itself, and the gameplay got pretty stale, so when it seemed like the mystery had mooostly come together at the end and all that was left was everything else I got pretty bored.

No i remember but you basically stopped in like the last 5% of the game. Idk, i feel like if i enjoyed 95% of a game but then didn't the last 5%, i would still pushed through and be like "yeah it didn't stick the landing" or whatever opinion you would've had (i thought the ending was pretty good fyi). 

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

but I didn’t care a lot about the actual conflict or the characters itself

huh

considering you were going "Kino" all time i didn'T get that impression at all

do it

hah

I would cut half the cast first thing ya know lol

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Before you start recommending me games, remember that Yakuza 0 is untouched in my Steam library.

Yeah, but Yakuza 0 ain't a break ga-

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And I don’t want something that is cheerful or light, because that doesn’t exactly match with my tastes—

Eh, you might enjoy it all the same. It's a really long one, though, and I am quite obsessive with it and don't wanna get annoying.

...Do keep in mind that Y0 is the first really story-heavy game I ever played, you probably actually have standards. And the first 20 minutes are really not good character-wise.

40+ hours into Elden Ring now...

Ended up beating several bosses in this session (mimic tear and bleed cheese for the win, hell yeah) and doing a bunch of exploration to nab some great items/skills (seppuku and rivers of blood are badass).

My thoughts on the game are generally the same?

The customization, freedom of gameplay, and combat are all very based. Not perfect, but still very nicely done. I like how you can really optimize through stat allocation, but at the same time I wish the difficulty felt less reliant on stats and more on pure skill.

On the other hand, the design of bosses is very hit or miss, camera still sucks, performance is a bit annoying, and dungeons are also very hit or miss. Also, dying because you miss landing a jump by a few inches always sucks. The game doesn't just teleport you back to the ledge. NooOOooOoo we can't have that. Counts a regular death, loss of runes and all. If they're gonna implement sucky platforming, at least refrain from punishing the player for it.

I don't like numbered scores for games, but overall I'd say it's about a 7-7.5 out of 10 for me right now. Unless the quality tanks or something.

At the end of the day, I still wish a game like this had difficulty options so I didn't feel the need to use OP crap to have a chance at winning, but I'd be lying if I said all the OP crap wasn't fun as hell to abuse, so. Meh, lol.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

huh

Honestly i'm confused too.

Like the gameplay getting a bit .stale, i understand, that was one of my criticisms too (and tbf, Vanillaware kinda has that problem overall) but i personally don't think you would be going "kino" all the time if you weren't enjoying at least some of the characters.

I mean i don't really wanna push the matter too much. I obviously won't force him to finish.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No i remember but you basically stopped in like the last 5% of the game. Idk, i feel like if i enjoyed 95% of a game but then didn't the last 5%, i would still pushed through and be like "yeah it didn't stick the landing" or whatever opinion you would've had (i thought the ending was pretty good fyi). 

I mean, maybe, but I just… didn’t feel like it. I can’t even say whether the landing was good or not because I didn’t get there, I just really didn’t care.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

huh

Mystery is developed really well, and I really really really like mystery.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, but Yakuza 0 ain't a break ga-

When I said long break, I meant like play a not break game.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Honestly i'm confused too.

Like the gameplay getting a bit .stale, i understand, that was one of my criticisms too (and tbf, Vanillaware kinda has that problem overall) but i personally don't think you would be going "kino" all the time if you weren't enjoying at least some of the characters.

I mean i don't really wanna push the matter too much. I obviously won't force him to finish.

I mean, maybe I have low standards for kino, but I wouldn’t view it as a checklist something has to be doing well to qualify. If a game, or anything for that matter, just does something really well and I’m like WOW I’d probably say that, even if it wasn’t kino in other areas, as long those areas weren’t that bad (and they’re not really, the characters aren’t bad, just uninteresting).

@Sooks I seen you mention that CS enemies need more SPD. I can enlighten you here: see the Falcom devs Copy/paste the enemy growths/Base stats, so they are almost always the same as the last group, just add the stats to the level difference and maaaaaybe a 5 point base stat edit, and this is why the enemies never seem to improve. All the way from beggining to endgame the enemy stats are C/P from one to the next.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

When I said long break, I meant like play a not break game.

Well, if you do play Yakuza 0...

I hope my very own slice of kino does not disappoint!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Mystery is developed really well, and I really really really like mystery.

Hey, maybe 0 does stand a chance with you, nice.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Sooks I seen you mention that CS enemies need more SPD. I can enlighten you here: see the Falcon devs Copy/pastes the enemy growths/Base stats, so they are almost always the same as the last group, just add the stats to the level difference and maaaaaybe a 5 point base stat edit, and this is why the enemies never seem to improve. All the way from beggining to endgame the enemy stats are C/P from one to the next.

yeah enemy stats in CS are way too low

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

yeah enemy stats in CS are way too low

Well, it doesnt help that most the enemies have stupid shit like a basic attack command that has 90% power (weaker than player attack, btw) 

Or crafts that have 35 delay (player average is 20)