Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Zihark good.

Just from the recruitment conversation, anyway. I finished the map that turn because the black knight scares me.

Why are these chapters taking me so long? They’re not difficult at all but I check the time and it’s been an hour and a half. Hm.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

Just from the recruitment conversation, anyway. I finished the map that turn because the black knight scares me.

Ah yes, that moment.

Heroes had to spoil it for me.

Lots of dialog.

Heck, both Lethe and Mordecai even have a special convo if they kill Jill. Death convos are rare even in this game.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You play on Normal, right? I think in the international version, he only chases you on Hard mode.
He will still move if someone gets into his attack range, though.

Edited by BrightBow

22 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Makes me wonder if it was a good business decision. Would more variety in the cast really effect sales that much? Awakening and Fates may have been really relevant at the time but I imagine the fans of those games would've been fine with one or two characters, I know I would've been, especially if it gave an opening to other games in the franchise.

Imagine if it were like Hyrule Warriors were they really committed to adding every single unique character from Zelda into the game.

Granted, Zelda doesn't have over 700 "unique" characters.

True, that would've been an unreasonable goal, but still. At the very least the protagonist of each game would've been nice. Maybe three characters per game? That would've been... Counting the games with remakes as one game, that would've been... 36 characters. A fair bit more than Warriors's 23, but still, a far more reasonable goal that would've made most people happy. I mean, sure, your favorite might not make it in, but at least someone did.

Speaking of Ubisoft, I'm here again in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood that continues to make me long for more games like this.

Y'know...more games like this that aren't made by Ubisoft.

Yes, it's always preferable that Ubisoft games aren't made by Ubisoft.

22 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Maybe but GoNintendo's review made the game look interesting, because unlike the fans, it actually talked about the game.

I hear you. I mean, Armagon only started to get me mildly interested in the game when he finally caved and started to say anything about it.

Honestly, this whole "literally anything is a spoiler, you just have to trust me when I say it's a flawless masterpiece" nonsense just comes off as incredibly pretentious. I'm not saying that's you, Armagon, I do feel you mean well and want people to get the best experience out of the game, but still. It really does feel that way a bit. Every work of fiction on Earth can and has been described with some sort of small synopsis, at the very least. Even if it's something so tiny as "a group of heroes fight an evil" or "two friends have passionate sex under the moon light." Y'know, anything, so I have something tangible to compare to other things and decide "yes, 13 Sentinels is worth my time more than this or that thing." What makes this specific story, out of so many in human history, so special?

Without any information to go on, it feels like this is just some game with a really pompous fanbase. Which can be enough to keep someone away from it. And again, I'm not calling anyone specific pretentious, I'm just saying, that's kinda how it feels. Of course, I haven't played the game, so I don't know if there's an easy solution to this. But even something so simple as "a bunch of people in mechs fight aliens of some kind" would be enough to pique someone's curiosity. Anything that isn't "you don't understand, the game is too awesome for words."

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The funny this is that even if it was specifically Fatesawakening Warriors instead of Fire Emblem Warriors... the rooster would still be garbage.
Just the Prologue squad + Cordelia for Awakening and the royals for Fates.

Not that I can blame Koei if they simply couldn't stomach playing any further then the first map in those games.

Koei probably just based the roster on the popularity charts.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why are these chapters taking me so long? They’re not difficult at all but I check the time and it’s been an hour and a half. Hm.

PoR slow and easy is a well known fact.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Btw, if Ike survives an engagement with the Black Knight, the Black Knight will comment on it afterwards.
Ike also has a brief conversation with Mist about it after clearing the map.

I imagine a lot of people don't know that, considering how insane that is to pull off.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Zihark good.

And that was Shikkoku House, hahaha.

If you intend to use Zihark, then I do recommend again the support suggestion I made prior (unless you don't plan to use that many mages). Though I guess if you are using Mordecai then that's also a good option. Or maybe go the A-B route, then.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hear you. I mean, Armagon only started to get me mildly interested in the game when he finally caved and started to say anything about it.

Honestly, this whole "literally anything is a spoiler, you just have to trust me when I say it's a flawless masterpiece" nonsense just comes off as incredibly pretentious. I'm not saying that's you, Armagon, I do feel you mean well and want people to get the best experience out of the game, but still. It really does feel that way a bit. Every work of fiction on Earth can and has been described with some sort of small synopsis, at the very least. Even if it's something so tiny as "a group of heroes fight an evil" or "two friends have passionate sex under the moon light." Y'know, anything, so I have something tangible to compare to other things and decide "yes, 13 Sentinels is worth my time more than this or that thing." What makes this specific story, out of so many in human history, so special?

Without any information to go on, it feels like this is just some game with a really pompous fanbase. Which can be enough to keep someone away from it. And again, I'm not calling anyone specific pretentious, I'm just saying, that's kinda how it feels.

Honestly, now that I’ve finished the game, I don’t get why nothing can be revealed about the game. Like yeah, a lot of it is spoilers, but a core plot synopsis is fine and would have gotten me interested in it a lot quicker. The structure of the game is definitely a non-spoiler plus as well.

Edited by Sooks

Fun fact, the BK claimed two lives with his ambush on this chapter for my little ironman. Didn't look up exactly what triggered his arrival, and remember him moving at a leisurely 3 move, so I was caught entirely off guard when he used his full move to kill Mordecai the instant he arrived, but to make matters worse, Ilyana was close enough to Mordecai's location that her 5 move was insufficient to escape that Burger King, the best she could do is make enough distance between herself and the freshly recruited Zihark that he wouldn't have to risk death...

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Honestly, now that I’ve finished the game, I don’t get why nothing can be revealed about the game. Like yeah, a lot of it is spoilers, but a core plot synopsis is fine and would have gotten me interested in it a lot quicker.

Yeah... I mean, at this point Armagon has let slip enough things that I wouldn't need one. But it would be a lot quicker and a lot more effective if he hadn't been so stubbornly secretive. At least tell me what the general plot is about lol, there are a lot of games to play, I need something to pick this one over others.

The structure of the game is definitely a non-spoiler plus as well.

I want to comment on this specifically, because this is exactly what I'm talking about. This is the kind of outstanding trait that would make someone pick this game over others, given the chance. Trying to keep it a secret does nothing but harm the game's outlook, and for what gain? For a player who manages to be convinced to go "oh this story follows this structure, neat" on minute 30? Not a great trade-off, in my humble opinion.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I want to comment on this specifically, because this is exactly what I'm talking about. This is the kind of outstanding trait that would make someone pick this game over others, given the chance. Trying to keep it a secret does nothing but harm the game's outlook, and for what gain? For a player who manages to be convinced to go "oh this story follows this structure, neat" on minute 30? Not a great trade-off, in my humble opinion.

I mean, I’m not sure it was anyone’s intention to keep that specifically hidden, because I spoiler-tagged that when I first got to the game out of uncertainty and Armagon told me it was fine.

I have never seen anything about the game outside of this thread though, so I can’t comment on how the internet in general treats it.

If anything Armagon became somewhat generous with his information, by comparison.

Probably because he realized nobody cared at first, but started caring when he let slip a couple of tidbits lol.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

True, that would've been an unreasonable goal, but still. At the very least the protagonist of each game would've been nice. Maybe three characters per game? That would've been... Counting the games with remakes as one game, that would've been... 36 characters. A fair bit more than Warriors's 23, but still, a far more reasonable goal that would've made most people happy. I mean, sure, your favorite might not make it in, but at least someone did.

Perhaps they could add DLC later since 36 is a bit much for a starting roster. It's good to know that characters in these type of games usually take months to create a unique moveset for, I mean it took Smash almost 30 years to get it's 86.

Though not every game in the series needs 3 reps, I feel that Fates could just have Azura and be left at that.

...Or maybe I'm still salty about the fact that FE Warriors had LITTERALLY EVERY ROYAL CHARACTER FROM FATES plus Corrin and Azura.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, it's always preferable that Ubisoft games aren't made by Ubisoft.

Hahaha! Well said, brother.

But yet, more adventure games set in a historical time period would be glorious. Strategy games are grand but sometimes you just want to walk in the streets of Huaricanga.

55 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Speaking of Ubisoft, I'm here again in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood that continues to make me long for more games like this.

Y'know...more games like this that aren't made by Ubisoft.

Ubi was good once...

https://cdn2.steamgriddb.com/file/sgdb-cdn/thumb/6a8cfab2aa11fbb342063df25c16a5f1.jpg

Where did it all go wrong?

You know what I just remembered?

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy en Steam

I remember playing this years ago. I liked it but never reached far. I should replay this one of these days...

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Ubi was good once...

https://cdn2.steamgriddb.com/file/sgdb-cdn/thumb/6a8cfab2aa11fbb342063df25c16a5f1.jpg

Ah yes, an Iranian guy running on walls, what would eventually lead into.

ALL GAMES STORYS,VIDEOS AND WALLPAPERS: Assassin`s Creed 1 ...

An Arabian guy running on walls.

...With an American accent

19 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Alright, place your bets on official announcement dates if true.

Mother 3 lololololololololo

You can bet someone'll be deluded enough to seriously consider the possibility. More than a couple of people, too.

Then again, I never would've imagined Live a Live would ever escape eternal obscurity, let alone get a full-blown remake, and yet...

14 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Perhaps they could add DLC later since 36 is a bit much for a starting roster. It's good to know that characters in these type of games usually take months to create a unique moveset for, I mean it took Smash almost 30 years to get it's 86.

Though not every game in the series needs 3 reps, I feel that Fates could just have Azura and be left at that.

Perhaps make it continents, then? Archanea, Valentia, Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel, Tellius, Ylisse, Garonia and Fodlan each get three characters. That'd leave us with 27 characters. Only five more than Warriors 1. Perhaps the single game continents can get only two characters. 22 charcters now, less than Warriors 1. And this is counting Fodlan, which didn't exist when Warriors 1 came out.

The point is, there were ways. IntSys just chose not to.

14 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hahaha! Well said, brother.

It's what I've been thinking since the announcement if Mario XCOM 2. Those guys are too cool to work with Ubisoft. Nintendo should try poaching them!

But yet, more adventure games set in a historical time period would be glorious. Strategy games are grand but sometimes you just want to walk in the streets of Huaricanga.

Ain't that the truth.

13 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Ubi was good once...

I remember this from my childhood. I didn't play it much, but my mom loved it.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I could write a whole 3 paragraphs shilling the game (complete with actual information on it) if anyone cared.

Three paragraphs of "trust me its good bro" over and over?

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah yes, an Iranian guy running on walls, what would eventually lead into.

ALL GAMES STORYS,VIDEOS AND WALLPAPERS: Assassin`s Creed 1 ...

An Arabian guy running on walls.

...With an American accent

When will I get Spanish man runs on walls to get his paella?

...with a Latin American accent.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Alright, place your bets on official announcement dates if true.

Edit: Also, which parts of GB/GBC/GBA get Expainsion Pack'd

Handheld games rereleased on a handheld device, yet Nintendo goes out of it's way to prevent people from playing the games the way they were intended by forcing you to stick close to your router at all times.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Handheld games rereleased on a handheld device, yet Nintendo goes out of it's way to prevent people from playing the games the way they were intended by forcing you to stick close to your router at all times.

Then there's me using my phone as a hotspot and thus never got bothered by this. Not saying this is a solution for everyone at all.

I think I recall opening the NSO SNES app while offline and it working before, but I have not thoroughly checked the extent of this myself.

57 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You play on Normal, right? I think in the international version, he only chases you on Hard mode.
He will still move if someone gets into his attack range, though.

Missed this, but I’m playing Hard.

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"two friends have passionate sex under the moon light."

10/10 story synopsis.

Now that I think about it, you’d probably like Amiguchi as wel.

51 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Btw, if Ike survives an engagement with the Black Knight, the Black Knight will comment on it afterwards.
Ike also has a brief conversation with Mist about it after clearing the map.

I imagine a lot of people don't know that, considering how insane that is to pull off.

That is cool, although I have no idea how you’d even attempt to pull that off. 

42 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fun fact, the BK claimed two lives with his ambush on this chapter for my little ironman. Didn't look up exactly what triggered his arrival, and remember him moving at a leisurely 3 move, so I was caught entirely off guard when he used his full move to kill Mordecai the instant he arrived, but to make matters worse, Ilyana was close enough to Mordecai's location that her 5 move was insufficient to escape that Burger King, the best she could do is make enough distance between herself and the freshly recruited Zihark that he wouldn't have to risk death...

Yeah, the Black Knight would have completely destroyed me if Acacia hadn’t given me the heads up. 

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

The same game you almost dropped?

Combination of burnout from marathoning it and the gameplay getting… repetitive.

This is definitely a story focused game though, and the story itself is good.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Three paragraphs of "trust me its good bro" over and over?

Three actual paragraphs, trust me bro.