Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Of all the armies in Radiant Dawn, the DB are the ones that could most use the help, and transfers on Sothe are one of the few ways of getting them some. Plus you forgot that he can get 2 points of Strength as well (and likely will if you keep Blossom on him in random mode), and those defensive stats on your "Jaigen" helps a lot as well. Not to mention that Path of Radiance is kinda easy, with a boatload of BEXP you can unload on a low level unit like him if you want to.

It's true the Daeins need help, but this still reeks of too much effort for too little profit imho - it's like sacrificing Zoa or Red-Eyes Black Dragon with Metalmorph to get their metal forms... when said metal forms are barely stronger than the monster you're sacrificing in conjunction with Metalmorph. And that's disregarding the effect of Metalmorph itself (said effect further raises attack by half the attack of the target when attacking). Making matters worse, they MUST be special summoned from your deck. The point is, even with transfers in the equation, Sothe is a massive resource sink that doesn't have a significant payoff (especially since Blossom also affects BEXP iirc).

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I did say that Pirate Warriors 3 runs really well at Switch but... certain Logia characters most certainly kill the framerate.
From the ones I played, Ace and Blackbeard have been the worst offenders. Ace's green fireballs practically freeze the game for a bit.
It's not an universal problem for Logia. For example, all the Marine admirals are fine.

I do really like the game. Not exactly a huge fan of the map design. They don't have the usual intense tug of war. Bases basically don't matter. You just need to watch out a little for your allies health.
But the thing is... since I don't have to worry about the usual troublesome inventory management, it's fun to just go out and punch some dudes in the face. 

Plus, it's One Piece. So it has quite a bunch of insane fighting styles to wreck havoc with.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You could always use the RD randomizer. Aside from randomizing, it also includes the ability to fix the game by removing the stupidity from Hard mode, removing all the obnoxious game over conditions in part 1 and turning all of part 4 into kill boss maps, for a few examples. It's how I'm going to replay the game, if I ever get around to it

Right!

But now that Garonquest and one of my fav. Hacks (Saint's blood) got updated, the RD plan will have to be pushed aside for a while^^

46 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Jooooo

The gameplay looks sick!

Although that one frame with the shadows has me a bit worried...

And July???

Wasn't it September?

HEY GUYS, Y'ALL REMEMBER WHEN I SAID THE DEADLINE TO FINISH ANY GAME I WAS PLAYING WAS SEPTEMBER? WEEEEEEEEELL

JULY 29 MOTHERFUCKERS, GUNVOLT 3 COMES OUT THE LTIERAL DAY BEFORE, I HAVE LITERALLY ONE DAY TO BEAT GUNVOLT 3 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH I AM EATING THIS YEAR

IMG_4576.png?width=766&height=432

XENOBLADE 2-ISH COMBAT SYSTEM, WE ARE DOING GOOD!

Screenshot_20220419-094615_YouTube.jpg?w

OHHHHH FUSION IS THE GIMMICK FOR THIS GAME HUH (also six party members total, holy shit)

Screenshot_20220419-094722_YouTube.jpg?w

Wait i take that back, seven party members at once (also Daze is back).

Screenshot_20220419-094738_YouTube.jpg?w

What the fuck is this Chain Attack?

Screenshot_20220419-094824_YouTube.jpg?w

Oh can Noah like, use the abilities of other folks

Also i saw this on Twitter

IMG_20220419_093845.jpg?width=243&height

GUESS WHO'S BACK GUYS

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

JULY 29 MOTHERFUCKERS, GUNVOLT 3 COMES OUT THE LTIERAL DAY BEFORE, I HAVE LITERALLY ONE DAY TO BEAT GUNVOLT 3 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH I AM EATING THIS YEAR

Wait, it jumped two months?

What explains that I wonder.

RIP Armagon in August I guess.

IMG_20220419_095717.jpg?width=995&height

Ok so there's straight-up just a class system now. Customization, yummy.

IMG_20220419_095824.jpg?width=476&height

Also so there are six permanent party members but an additional guest character at times it looks like.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Damn it Nintendo....

Ruining my game buying plans just like that xD

Monolith Soft actually has this game ready already and they are simply negotiating to move it up. Because they are based like that.

I do wonder what this means for Splatoon 3 tho. August is still Summer 2022 so it could come out there but idk.

14 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Wait, it jumped two months?

What explains that I wonder.

Monolith Soft is based.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

The one Xeno constant!

FQLtv6uVUAEq1-Y?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Armagon

15 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Do it

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will trust you bro.

Do not let me down. Consequences would be dire. You can trust me on that, bro.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is actually a game with a pretty simple premise. At the beginning of the game, you’re thrown headfirst into the plot, where you learn that the world is under attack by kaiju (giant mechanized robot monster things), and 13 high schoolers have to get in the 13 Sentinels (which are similarly massive robots) to save the world. From there, the game splits into two sections where you’re given quite a bit of free rein.

The main section of the game is Remembrance, aka the plot, where you follow the stories of all 13 characters, which you can mostly do in any order*. This nonlinearity is one of the game’s biggest strengths, and is why people are so secretive about a lot of the game, because something you learn or piece together in the first couple hours could be something someone else found out at the end of game. This seems like it would be a difficult way to tell a story well, but it works. This part of the game being called Remembrance is no coincidence, the entire thing takes place before doomsday with the kaiju (where the story initially starts), and you learn what brought each character to fight that day. Because of this, most characters’ stories do not take place consecutively, and all the protagonists popping in and out of other characters’ stories will also give you more hints and information on said protagonists. Each story also gives you information on the overarching mystery and lore, which it is up to you to piece together. This seems like it would be hard to keep track of, but the game gives you an event long which shows all story events you’ve seen so far in chronological order, which you can access at any time, including in the middle of stories. There are also tabs for every character, which show every event you’ve seen with that specific character (still in chronological order). Going through the event log and reviewing everything I had after gaining new information and trying to theorycraft the entire plot and being completely wrong was one of my favorite parts of the game, and it’s the fact that the story is told so uniquely that I think really makes this game one a lot of people should play. The stories all also match up with and reference each other really nicely, and it was always fun posting that one image of the actor with the cigarette and the beer can that I can’t access because service at school barely exists.

The other major section of the game is called Destruction, which is the gameplay. This all takes place during the battle to save the world, after all the character’s stories. 13 Sentinels is an RTS + Tower Defense hybrid, where (almost) every battle places you in charge of defending a point from the onslaught of enemies. You can do this by either wiping out all the enemies or keeping the point’s HP above 0 for the slotted amount of time, usually 2 minutes. Combat is not based on individual rounds where you choose who fights who ala FE, but instead all attacks are field based, doing damage to all enemies in range (there are some attacks that target individual enemies, but if that enemy dies before the attack is done, it starts doing damage to another enemy in range). You do this with a whole bunch of skills, like AoE missile attacks, massive damage melee attacks, attacks that go in a straight line, . Not all skills are damage based though, you also get guardians you can place on the field to distract the enemy from your defense point, sentry guns that automatically fire on the enemy, a shield that protects all party members in range for X amount of seconds, and more. After each battle you’re rewarded with points based on how well you did, which you can use to buy new skills for each character, upgrade said skills, and improve their stats. I’d be lying if I said it was the deepest thing in the world, and the only way to get any semblance of difficulty is to play on the highest difficulty, but it was fun enough and did its job, to support the wonderful story, well. You can freely alternate between battles and continuing character stories, so it’s up to you how much of each you want to do. Occasionally you’ll be locked out of continuing battles until you complete a certain story event or achieve a certain percent completion in the story, or be locked out of a character’s story until you reach a certain point in the combat, but that’s really it.

*Sometimes you’ll also be locked out of continuing one character’s story until you’ve seen a specific event in another character’s story or achieved x% completion in y amount of characters’ stories, but that’s really it.

So yeah, the game is good. Play it.

This begs the question

What will Nintendo have for autumn and winter, now that Xeno and BOTW2 were moved out of that frame (both monolith games lol)?

Bayo 3?

Splatoon? (But wasn't that slated for 2023)

Fire Emblem?

Surprise Mario drop?

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

This begs the question

What will Nintendo have for autumn and winter, now that Xeno and BOTW2 were moved out of that frame (both monolith games lol)?

Bayo 3?

Fire Emblem?

Surprise Mario drop?

I could see Bayo or Mario related out of those. Maybe we'll hear about a new DK title or something.

At this stage I just assume nothing from FE

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

This begs the question

Bayo 3?

Fire Emblem?

Surprise Mario drop?

Dream: Genealogy remake.

Reality: Just Pokémon.

The JP website has this

This is not a case of recency bias, i believe this is the best main theme out of the entire series. I believe in flute superiority.

Also there's this from the website: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/az3ha/assets/mov/fusion/interlink.mp4

I believe in ACE+ superiority.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This nonlinearity is one of the game’s biggest strengths, and is why people are so secretive about a lot of the game, because something you learn or piece together in the first couple hours could be something someone else found out at the end of game. This seems like it would be a difficult way to tell a story well, but it works.

It's honestly really impressive too, something like this feels like a lot of things could've gone wrong but Vanillaware just....made it work. 

18 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Splatoon? (But wasn't that slated for 2023

What? No, that's this year. They just said Summer 2022 but now it's pretty much gotta be August. Because June is Three Hopes, July is Xenoblade 3.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Bayo 3?

Not up to Nintendo.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Surprise Mario drop?

Could be. If Splatoon 3 is August, then September and October are free. And Mario Odyssey did come out in October.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Right how could i forget about Pokemon xD

It's cause they haven't put out a proper trailer yet.