Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Armagon said:

How to scare the Benice:

Step 1

31P2TjeREkL._AC_SX425_.jpg

If you want to scare any band kid, show them a trumpet and they'll start running.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

I hardly blame you, you can't sing and play a flute at the same time.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What? No, that's this year. They just said Summer 2022 but now it's pretty much gotta be August. Because June is Three Hopes, July is Xenoblade 3.

Oh yeah.

Ninty does have a lot of stuff in fairness, but some gamers get more than others I guess.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

If you want to scare any band kid, show them a trumpet and they'll start running.

Warning: Scary.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

tuba-1.jpg

Yes i know this is a tuba but what is a tuba but a bigger trumpet?

Happy 10th birthday to the game that saved the series!

7 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Huh, had a similar problem coming out of it.

Have we finally agreed on something?

Just now, Armagon said:

tuba-1.jpg

Yoo, the Tuba Archmage!

Just now, Armagon said:

Yes i know this is a tuba but what is a tuba but a bigger trumpet?

In all seriousness, Tubas simply do not manage to match a strong trumpet; big things can come in small packages and all that.

FQtaaj-XsAYVoZD?format=jpg&name=small

So it looks like the Ouroboros forms have their own levels. There are some other things about "Interlink Lv.*insert here*" in the Arts, so i wonder if the Ouroboros forms are similar to Blade Special Levels in Xenoblade 2.

The return of portraits might also suggest the return of tension.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

In all seriousness, Tubas simply do not manage to match a strong trumpet; big things can come in small packages and all that.

I know, i'm just memeing.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

If agreeing with being confused on something counts, yes!

I mean, in the original post I said I had mixed feelings about the movie, but I changed it to "confusing" because I thought "mixed" would convey the wrong idea, that I didn't really like the movie.

*Sees all this Xeno preview talk*

No offense, but given this game is a certain purchase no matter what, I don't have any interest in reading anything about it. Speculation, knowing things in advance, others opinions/interpretations/speculations, I want to keep it all far away and experience everything in game by myself. I tried following a game from first announcement to release and every little reveal in between with Smash Brawl a few kalpas ago, I didn't enjoy that experience in retrospect. It's just how I am with video games in general that I'm not up in the air about getting (for games where I might or might not get it, then I do want to know more before I make my decision). That, and I'm rather susceptible to others' opinions. Maybe X2 will be different, since I'm desperate to see how the story and world continues, but that is a rare exception.

-Keep chatting all you want though, my eyes have no issues bypassing all the happy conversation.

Also, while the release date is unexpectedly moved up, when I purchase it has not. Still gonna be September, aka 3/4ths of the way through Armagon's 3rd playthrough. It's not like I don't have an ever-growing backlog to work through either.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still gonna be September, aka 3/4ths of the way through Armagon's 3rd playthrough.

This gave me a good chuckle.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I know Japanese hacks have a bad fame of stealing art, but as Shrimpy said, it's possible that this portrait is just free to use. Most modern hacks nowadays just take portraits from public repositories, because as it turns out, it's better to have a portrait that you may've seen somewhere else than an awful splice.

Well, that's the thing. Is it free to use? I've only found one repository, and MK404's stuff isn't there... but if he has allowed usage of his stuff, whether directly or indirectly (as in, the typical "free to use but give credit"), well, anyone feel free to mention it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

@Benice

oep8d0h49cu81.jpg

-A player profile card made in Final Fantasy XIV. One of the rare wholesome & good ones, since it seems most/many players are posting pictures of their characters in undressed and compromising positions. Word of the wise- any gameplay feature that allows for player self-expression will inevitably contain copious vulgarity.

32 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Happy 10th birthday to the game that saved the series!

Happy 10th to the game that not only got me into FE, but also is directly responsible for me being part of the online communities I'm on today, along with all the friends I've made since joining them.

Awakening means a lot to me for being an awesome game alone, but also for that too. Damn I'm getting sappy.

10 years since Awakening in Japan.....

I'll be honest at that stage I was playing GBAFE and just starting out, don't think I was making much note of it until it was closer to coming out here and it came out in Europe about a year later too. So I just don't have that degree of association with that date.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

oep8d0h49cu81.jpg

-A player profile card made in Final Fantasy XIV. One of the rare wholesome & good ones, since it seems most/many players are posting pictures of their characters in undressed and compromising positions. Word of the wise- any gameplay feature that allows for player self-expression will inevitably contain copious vulgarity.

That is somehow more appealing than the other cards you've mentioned because it's Goro Majima, the idol for everyone.

I still find it hilarious that 4/20 is a significant date for FE.

With three game releases (SDatSoL, PoR, Awk) there to start with.

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Happy 10th to the game that not only got me into FE, but also is directly responsible for me being part of the online communities I'm on today, along with all the friends I've made since joining them.

Awakening means a lot to me for being an awesome game alone, but also for that too. Damn I'm getting sappy.

Nothing wrong with sappy, it does rhyme with happy. And sap in sufficient quantities can become maple syrup, which is sweet and delightful. Better syrup than sodium I'll say!😄

While Awakening in retrospect is where I began to leave FE's orbit (although I'm still within its spacetime fabric distortion, I just need to learn to open my heart to newness again), at the time I really did enjoy it. For whatever a potential swan song mess it was, I appreciate it in its tribute to the entire franchise aspect.🙂

15 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That is somehow more appealing than the other cards you've mentioned because it's Goro Majima, the idol for everyone.

NGL, it does feel weird attaching the word "wholesome" to a franchise about organized crime and some sultry elements, but that's how the universe works out. A mystery as deep as why there was more matter than antimatter at the time of creation, allowing our wonderful matter-based world to exist, as opposed to all matter & antimatter annihilating each other into pure energy when the universe was first born.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

The one thing that has me worried in the trailer ngl

Fearing Nomura's FFVII Remake Time Ghosts? Worried that Monolith asked IS if they could borrow a kilogram of evil dark dragon?

Not gonna lie, a sliver of my soul awaits the day Armagon is finally disappointed with the totality of a Xenoblade game. Eventually a title has to bomb, XS Ep. II can't be the only dud in the entire franchise once it's gone on long enough. A flawless and lengthy record is inhuman.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer