• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I experienced a crash. I posted about it on the game's discord.

Within seconds, one of the developers pointed me to the location of the crash logs, asked me to DM them to them and is promptly helping me sort out the issue.

These guys are awesome. The problem is that this seems to be an elusive bug with the Unity engine that neither the devs nor Unity themselves seem to be able to do much about, which... Well, sucks. The dev's trying to run me through a number of checks now, hopefully we'll be able to sort this out.

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ruben
Reuben

These two were already in before you posted.

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

No no no, the character's first name is Four.

Ahhh.

...How tacky. Fine. I'll throw in Four.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Fine, a full alphabet. All just coming to mind. I ended with two primarily from fiction but people and two that were definitely not people.

Take what you will.

Hide contents

Aethelred

Beatrice

Carlo

Dogas

Einar

Foinnúla

Gomes

Helmut

Iacob

Janice

Kevan

Levan

Marsha

Naseer

Olga

Piotr

Quorin

Ranjith

Simo

Temujin

Uberto

Velma

Wallace

Xena

Yolanda

Zemus

Whoa, that's large. Thanks a lot! Let me just... Change that Gomes to Gomez and I think I can use these.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fair, I guess. It'd certainly be easier that way. I just can't help but find it rather disgusting when fiction treats its characters, most often the female ones, like pieces of meat on the slab, even when it runs completely counter to the rest of their characterization. I don't want to sound self-pontificating, but it's just something that rubs me the wrong way. Even if it's just the looks. I shouldn't have to say "I like this character in spite of the fact that she dresses completely out-of-character, very blatantly for the benefit of horny otakus." Fiction mirrors reality, after all - and what do these issues say about reality?

I simply prefer it when fiction treats its characters with some respect. It only serves to benefit the story. In my humble opinion, of course. Everyone's free to disagree. Teehee is a free country.

There's no shame in believing of the rights of humans

I already talked about my thoughts on this matter in another forum so go over there to prevent continuing it here.

Also for the record I was raised with far more women around me than men so I like to think I know what I'm talking about.

7 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Except they usually are more than just eye candy. People's inability too look beyond that worries me more than the people who draw sexy stuff ngl.

Now if they were just eye candy you will find me complaining as well, but more due to their characterization. And that's more my problem with the Kaga heroines as well, and not just woman representation.

As Ruben said, I do think a sexy design for a character can be a bit of a hinder if it's a very out-of-character outfit. An example I can think of is Tharja from Awakening, who's transparent skintight suit feels completely out of character for who she is and is seemingly there for no other reason then fanservice.

And while I hate to place bad faith in the common audience, with how many art of Tharja has her flaunting her "bits" or stalking Robin, I sometimes wonder if people like her for the wrong reasons.

Which might be what you said, people's inability to look beyond sex appeal.

Again, it's nothing horrible, but it is something I notice.

Also I apologize in advance if I end up rekindling this conversation here. You can ignore this if you wish, it's just a topic I have a lot of passion for.

26 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

There's no shame in believing of the rights of humans

Oh, well, never thought of it as anything so grand as that. But thanks, I guess.

I already talked about my thoughts on this matter in another forum so go over there to prevent continuing it here.

Also for the record I was raised with far more women around me than men so I like to think I know what I'm talking about.

You put it all into words far better than I could have.

Also I apologize in advance if I end up rekindling this conversation here. You can ignore this if you wish, it's just a topic I have a lot of passion for.

I won't deny that I do appreciate a bit of support on this matter. So thank you for that, at least.

Besides it's late here, so I'll probably sleep through the reignited flames of war anyway.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I won't deny that I do appreciate a bit of support on this matter. So thank you for that, at least.

For what it's worth, I do agree too-I don't mind fanservice as a whole, nor do I think that characters need to be overly clothed-Bodies are only as sexualized as we make 'em. I have more of an issue when it's on characters who have little reason to be wearing a fanservicey outfit-Such as, for example, Tharja or Pyra. Characters like Hilda, Odin, Dorothea or Sylvia don't bother me so much because it is in character for them to dress like that.

...I am incredibly inconsistent with what bothers me and what's A-OK, though.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

For what it's worth, I do agree too-I don't mind fanservice as a whole, nor do I think that characters need to be overly clothed-Bodies are only as sexualized as we make 'em. I have more of an issue when it's on characters who have little reason to be wearing a fanservicey outfit-Such as, for example, Tharja or Pyra. Characters like Hilda, Odin, Dorothea or Sylvia don't bother me so much because it is in character for them to dress like that.

...I am incredibly inconsistent with what bothers me and what's A-OK, though.

I generally agree with you here, however, it shouldn't detract from the character so much as to make one think they are completely shit.

Also when it comes to Pyra there's actually a reason. I am not a fan of her outfit, but when it comes to Pyra, there's a simple reason

I dunno how far you played so spoiler tag

Spoiler

Pyra is suppossed to be everything Mythra is not. 

It makes alot of sense.

And on the whole thing:

• Reducing sexualization won't us make confront the sexist past. Treating women better and giving them rights irl does.
  • It comes across as very hypocritical to those on the line or hard to convince people when you keep talking about sexualization of women as an issue while sexualization of males is there (and increasing). Yeah whataboutism is bs, but we are just giving them reasons on a golden platter.
  • The whole "Character has to wear x" doesn't sound far of the religious dogma of people having to wear y. Like people always wanted to wear whatever they wanted, and now we are forcing them again because "sexualization"?
  • We don't wanna reach the point where we have to wear something as to not offend others or something again.
Edited by Shrimpolaris

Thank you Kojima, very cool.

Pyra dresses more reasonably than most teenage girls I've known, just saying.

Anyway, I'm impressed by how Kirby and the Forgotten Land makes its evolved abilities feel powerful, compared to Kirby's usual arsenal. Will the later levels have gauntlets of enemies to use them on, giving us the closest thing to Kirby Warriors? Since the Tier 2 abilities feel formidable enough already, I shudder to imagine what chaos the Tier 3 abilities will unleash...

Edited by Lightchao42

On the topic of popular females: Lucina is not sexualized one bit and is popular, so sexual design doesnt always determine it.

Going off the OG design since that's the favorite as far as I know.

Edited by lightcosmo

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy, no! I cannot support this!

sorry man. Outfits were something i didn't like in XB2 tbh, but i didn't let it affect my enjoyment xD

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

giving us the closest thing to Kirby Warriors? 

*Kirben Ring

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

@Saint Rubenio Why does Lisa The Painful’s trailer make it seem like a dark comedy flick?

The game goes even harder than Omori on the humor/suffering dichotomy. It gets quite silly, though the humor is pretty dark too most of the time.

Make no mistake, however. The game is not as overtly depressing as Omori, but it covers heavy subjects. And when it gets serious, it gets serious.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

dunno how far you played so spoiler tag

Prolly shouldn't open that, then!

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Like people always wanted to wear whatever they wanted, and now we are forcing them again because "sexualization"?

Nah, IRL people should wear whatever they want- My objections arise when it's just objectification. Like, I don't think Camilla is exactly the picture of empowerment...

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

sorry man. Outfits were something i didn't like in XB2 tbh, but i didn't let it affect my enjoyment xD

I will now spam you with CS IV Rean pics from here on! Xd

25 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Old. That was 3 months ago.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whoa, that's large. Thanks a lot! Let me just... Change that Gomes to Gomez and I think I can use these.

https://xunscans.xyz/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_605fba3b199ee/e038f7b6cd6fd8362a98fa771dfa1de1/18-19.png

Read 100 Kanojo.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What are you going to do next, Ruben? Change Dias to Díaz? Fernandes to Fernández?  Alvares to Alvarez?

Smh