• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Back then, it was simply inconceivable to me that a Fire Emblem game could be outright bad. Let alone this grotesque and disgusting.

Sure, there was the not so subtle "genocide is good actually" subtext of FE6 and FE7. But PoR came down hard on this topic in particular, which convinced me this whole thing was just a clunky misstep that was way in the past.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Read good stuff old man

So...I shouldn't read one of the most famous epic poems of ancient Greece or a trilogy written by a author who's prose is on par with Jack Vance and possibly even Clark Ashton Smith? 

Edited by WraithReborn

When you buy two Mii costumes to use the gold points that will expire this month, but you forgot to use the gold points

They were only $1.62 together so it's not too big of a deal, but it's still mildly annoying.

Speaking of spending money, I think Xseed forgot to put their Steam games on sale for golden week this year. Maybe one day they'll remember...

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

When you buy two Mii costumes to use the gold points that will expire this month, but you forgot to use the gold points

LMAO

10 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Alrighty @Benice, what would you suggest that I should read?

Yakuza 0, of course!

When in doubt, it's always good to read Discworld.

Might wanna skip the very first book, though. "The Color of Magic". It's just a rather straightforward parody of various fantasy literature, like Dragonriders of Pern and whatnot.
It's not bad or anything, it's just not very indicative of the novels as a whole.

I think people like to recommend "Guards! Guards!" a lot as an entry point. And I'm inclined to agree. It's quite a few novels in, so the series has properly taken shape by now. But it also introduces a new setting. So there is not a lot of continuity baggage.
But I suppose everything starting with the 3rd book "Equal Rites" should be fine.

Edited by BrightBow

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I'm partial to some Robert Frost, though poetry has always been more my speed rather than prose.

I think my father has a first edition copy of his collected poems from the 1930s. 

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

When in doubt, it's always good to read Discworld.

This man knows what's up.

I have a soft spot for the early Rincewinds, but I agree that they're not a good entry point. I'd add Mort to the list of suggestions - Death is an excellent character, and the reading order Mort - Moving Pictures - Reaper Man sets you up for both him and the Unseen University. Moving Pictures isn't technically the first UU novel, but it's the first one featuring the group of wizards that eventually stick.

Well, I wouldn't say I was one of the big characters there.

More like the a tertiary character who showed up from time to time, and only became more recurrent because the protagonists were showing up less.

21 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

I think my father has a first edition copy of his collected poems from the 1930s. 

Yo that's dope.

-------

Teehee thread is basically an FE game. You have the few who started the adventure, the recruits who have been added along the way, and the colorful NPCs who pop in randomly for a bit of dialogue only to leave and never be heard from again.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So I'm basically the Jeigan/Oifey.

Oifey would be a decent fit, wouldn't he? At the sidelines for the first generation thread, then a more important character in the second.