Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I'll give you an even better idea: make it prettier. If I want to see ugly people, I go out on the street.

Well, fine. I personally don't see why everyone absolutely has to be pretty all the time in fiction, but to each their own, and all. It's not like I give half a crap about this Aloy gal, anyway. I had no idea this character or game existed before yesterday, and looking at some images, it just looks like your run-of-the-mill triple-A third person shooter that spends half of its runtime trying to be a movie. They can keep their controversies, I'm not interested.

EDIT: Just took a short glance at a video. Yep, it's that. It even has the same heavily scripted, ultra lame parkour mechanic that has been shoehorned into every one of these games after Uncharted's release. Boooooooring.

I'm all ears

So uh, I don't know how far into the game you are, soooo second half spoilers here.

Spoiler

I was calling the traitor, their specific treasons and the manner in which they achieved them from second one. Dude couldn't figure any of it out until it was spelled out to him. He also writes off blatantly threatening emails as "pranks" and refuses to tell his best friend anything about his predicament - THEIR predicament - for absolutely no reason. Like, I get not telling Mayuri, but Daru? Why keep Daru in the dark? What does he gain from that? Daru's a disgusting pig, but he has his uses! Also literally everything is his fault for one reason or another lol.

So yeah, cutting it short before I get carried away, Okarin's useless. But a fun, lovable kind of useless. So I love him.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Nope

There's a reason why Slytherin wasn't part of Crimson Flower

It doesn't fit Edel. People complained so they shoved it in here and it makes everything worse.

F

I mean, I don’t think it has to “fit Edel” to be involved…

From what i read every route is like that, with Claude's being the worst,

And here I thought Claude was gonna be better her. Remember when he was actually a master tactician in chapters 6 and 7? Good times.

and Dimitri's the most conclusive but a certain character gets Kaga'd

So Dimitri is the same as he was in Three Houses.

And that character is Edelgard, right? I saw the cutscene, I’m curious what could possibly be the justification for that. I mean, if it was Agartha, I don’t get why they didn’t do this on other routes.

Apparently the writers didn'T want good endings as to not invalidate 3 Houses or something.

But… they’re not bad endings, they’re just incomplete. They’re already shaping up to be better anyways, since the war is so close to being over in half the time as in the OG, meaning less death and suffering.

SMH should've just went with Golden route time plot or something smh

For real. They already have the CGs for it.

Now that I finished every released content (thus far), I will probably return to SRW J

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EDIT: Just took a short glance at a video. Yep, it's that. It even has the same heavily scripted, ultra lame parkour mechanic that has been shoehorned into every one of these games after Uncharted's release. Boooooooring.

HZD is pretty middling game. They wasted some cool concepts.

So uh, I don't know how far into the game you are

I was not playing Steins Gate.

soooo second half spoilers here

I already watched the anime. Granted, it was almost 10 years ago and I don't remember much

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So Dimitri is the same as he was in Three Houses.

RkfjQdx.jpg

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And that character is Edelgard, right? I saw the cutscene, I’m curious what could possibly be the justification for that. I mean, if it was Agartha, I don’t get why they didn’t do this on other routes.

Nothing. It's "just because" lol

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For real. They already have the CGs for it.

A Golden Route for 3H makes more sense than one for Fates. They could've just make Byleth rewind to the start, but keeping their memories. That way, they can help each house leader defeat their demons and work together.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

This is a depressingly accurate indictment of the current industry state.

The triple A industry. There's plenty of creativity among indies and smaller studios, Nintendo suffers of it to a far lesser extent (an increasing extent, but lesser at the moment) and some AAAs occasionally pop up that are neat. It's really just Sony and Microsoft that seem obsessed with their "cinematic experiences", spending all effort on the graphics and copypasting the gameplay from Uncharted and/or The Last Of Us. Neither of which was anything even slightly remarkable, gameplay-wise.

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And here I thought Claude was gonna be better her. Remember when he was actually a master tactician in chapters 6 and 7? Good times.

To be fair, Claude always sucked very hard at strategizing. Remember when his big plan was to pray the mentally unstable murderer would magically decide to come save his ass?

23 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

HZD is pretty middling game. They wasted some cool concepts.

It just looks uninspired. I like giving Ninty hell, but I'd play a thousand of their "shitty modern Mario sports game" cash grabs over any of these "cinematic" wooden planks. They all look and play the same and they all have these Hollywood-esque plotlines. I couldn't care less.

I was not playing Steins Gate.

Oh.

I already watched the anime. Granted, it was almost 10 years ago and I don't remember much

Oh.

Well, I am the court jester, then. But at least I got some Okarin bullying out of my system. That's always nice.

So what is it, then? You can tell me in confidence. You know I'm a trustworthy individual. You can trust me with your secrets as much as you can trust me with your Alistairs.

A Golden Route for 3H makes more sense than one for Fates. They could've just make Byleth rewind to the start, but keeping their memories. That way, they can help each house leader defeat their demons and work together.

Hello this is "Ruben whines about Hanneman in response to Three Hopes talk" n° 776: Spanish edition. Cagüen Koei por qué quitar mi favorito y no Hilda.

Anyway, a golden route would've at least been different. As it is, Hopes just seems like Three Houses: The Director's Cut.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The triple A industry. There's plenty of creativity among indies and smaller studios, Nintendo suffers of it to a far lesser extent (an increasing extent, but lesser at the moment) and some AAAs occasionally pop up that are neat. It's really just Sony and Microsoft that seem obsessed with their "cinematic experiences", spending all effort on the graphics and copypasting the gameplay from Uncharted and/or The Last Of Us. Neither of which was anything even slightly remarkable, gameplay-wise.

There are a lot of indie games which try that, too. At least as I perceive it. Anything where you play a bartender, pretty much.

That's literally true for this game lol. Edge gives owies to enemies with her massive greatsword, because fuck it. How is Nintendo okay with this in the age of ultra safe, soulless Mario spin-offs? I mean, I love it, I'm glad they're okay with it, this is the best Mario spin-off series, but... They fucking turned Mario into Max Payne! They gave Mario Payne two glocks for the price of one! Mario Payne straight up one-upped Shadow! That's incredible, incredible I tell ya!

>All Hail Mario intensifies

54 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Amen

Well, I see someone's up for it

11 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

There are a lot of indie games which try that, too. At least as I perceive it. Anything where you play a bartender, pretty much.

Ahahahaha... Fine, that's kinda true. I suppose it just depends where you look. I'll admit, all of these boring cinematic experiences tend to pass me by.

...the best bartender game was that one flash game, anyway.

7 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

>All Hail Mario intensifies

They say Mario Payne is the last thing fangame creators see.

7 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Well, I see someone's up for it

It's 06, he's a fan of all things anime. He'd probably get along swimmingly with Kaga.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahaha... Fine, that's kinda true. I suppose it just depends where you look. I'll admit, all of these boring cinematic experiences tend to pass me by.

...the best bartender game was that one flash game, anyway.

Every masterpiece spawns a great many imitators.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kaga will chain you up and hypnotize you.

If it was a certain genre i will say Kaga is a king, honestly xD

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

’m curious what could possibly be the justification for that.

Kaga wrote it, probably

52 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

And a Warriors game would've been perfect for it. Those who don't like it could ignore it as it wouldn't be main game canon, while those who do can enjoy it and it wouldn't hurt the main game at all

Especially since like everyone in 3H agrees on stuff, it's just one is an impulsive conquerer and the other has secrets to keep the 4 people remaining of her race alive.

Edited by Shrimpy

How many hypno cases are there anyway?

FE1: Tiki
FE2: Delthea (Thanks for adding like a dozen more cases, Echoes. Really cool.)
FE3: Maria, Elise, Lena and Nina
FE4: Deidre and Julia
FE5: Mareeta. And I suppose there is some ambiguity in regards to how the Dark Warlords work.
TRS: Nobody. Enteh in the game's backstory.
Berwick Saga: Lynette and Duke Reed. Also Minas and Fana.
VS1: Ravina

Edited by BrightBow

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

FE2: Delthea (Thanks for adding like a dozen more cases, Echoes. Really cool.)

If you mean about witches, the original already had some implications. There was Delthea, but also Sonya's ending stated how her sisters were "reborn as witches". SoV simply expanded on that.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

FE5: Surprisingly nobody. Though I suppose there is some ambiguity in regards to how the Dark Warlords work.

Mareeta.

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, Claude always sucked very hard at strategizing. Remember when his big plan was to pray the mentally unstable murderer would magically decide to come save his ass?

In this one he actually lives up to the title. I’m Scarlet Blaze, anyway.

Well, it's Claude time. Let's hope it ain't as bad as people make it to be.

Well, everyone says it's amazing up until late game.

again.

Let's see what they did to my fav. lord. Especially after his schemes helped me quite alot Scarlet Blaze

Edited by Shrimpy

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Well, it's Claude time. Let's hope it ain't as bad as people make it to be.

Well, everyone says it's amazing up until late game.

again.

Let's see what they did to my fav. lord. Especially after his schemes helped me quite alot Scarlet Blaze

Going straight from one Three Hopes route into another? I admire your patience. After 60 hours in Scarlet Blaze, I don’t think I’ll last if I hop straight into another.

75adtvjt o

You know the author fucked up when this exchange is unironically accurate.

Remember when his "big schemes" are the same things Seteth came up with?

So what is it, then? You can tell me in confidence. You know I'm a trustworthy individual. You can trust me with your secrets as much as you can trust me with your Alistairs.

You can't handle it. Like I said

10 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Extremely degenerate

It's 06, he's a fan of all things anime. He'd probably get along swimmingly with Kaga.

I already said before that I don't care about these things. Besides, the guy's fetishes are really tame compared to the things I would put in if I ever had the control over a game

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Going straight from one Three Hopes route into another? I admire your patience. After 60 hours in Scarlet Blaze, I don’t think I’ll last if I hop straight into another.

I took a break yesterday and most of today, and might as well do it while i am still in Fodlan mood.

Also it seems in NG+ you get an item to instantly clear side maps (with D rank) which means less chore as i will only play side maps that have a requirement to unlock stuff then

Edited by Shrimpy

Well, I just finished one of the games I bought on the Steam sale in 10 minutes flat.

I'm scared, confused and unsettled. This will probably be the best game of the bunch.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

In this one he actually lives up to the title. I’m Scarlet Blaze, anyway.

Ah, well, that's nice.

...Only tangentially related, but I wish they kept his alternate hairdo for Hopes. I liked the headband, it was neat.

9 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Remember when his "big schemes" are the same things Seteth came up with?

Seteth is great. I fondly remember his slow development from mistrusting Byleth to accepting that they aren't giving him reason to suspect them. He was one of the best parts of Three Houses. And he's actually in Three Hopes, unlike some other best parts of Three Houses!

You can't handle it. Like I said

Goddamnit, Newtype, unfulfilled curiosity is worse than any degeneracy. Give me closure.

I already said before that I don't care about these things. Besides, the guy's fetishes are really tame compared to the things I would put in if I ever had the control over a game

I do not doubt it. You might implement... hand holding or some shit. Ew!

1 minute ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Speedrun?

Ending 1 of I have no idea how many. I wandered into a boiler room and things beyond my comprehension happened. Them the game ended.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I just finished one of the games I bought on the Steam sale in 10 minutes flat.

time to return it

unless you enjoyed it

He was one of the best parts of Three Houses

We agree on something when it comes to 3H? O:

Seteth is like top 5 characters for me there.

Ending 1 of I have no idea how many. I wandered into a boiler room and things beyond my comprehension happened. Them the game ended.

Okay, so it wasn't just 10 minutes long.

Imagine someone took the idea of those games where you have a time limit to finish and instead made it so that it was a game about someone's last hour and how they spent that time impacted the ending they got.

Seteth is great. I fondly remember his slow development from mistrusting Byleth to accepting that they aren't giving him reason to suspect them. He was one of the best parts of Three Houses.

YES

Silver Snow best.

I love indie games.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Silver Snow best

broke: SS has not lord

Woke: Seteth is SS' lord

I enjoyed SS as much as i did because Seteth and Flayn, both who top my 3H fav. list

Edited by Shrimpy