Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Megalowhat

Megalomania! Megalomania! Mania!

Megalovania doesn't even mean anything, god fucking damnit!

Or I just slipped an Undertale remake was coming.

Sorry, that's on me.

But still, why is SE doing this to me again? Making me consider another game I thought wouldn't happen for Day 1, it's just disrespectful.

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Or I just slipped an Undertale remake was coming.

Sorry, that's on me.

Nah, it's okay. Megalovania is just the bane of old guard Live A Live fans.

I mean sure, the nod to LaL in Undertale introduced a good number of people to the game back in the day, but it's more fun to be angry over petty nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

But still, why is SE doing this to me again? Making me consider another game I thought wouldn't happen for Day 1, it's just disrespectful.

No joke, new LaL looks incredible. I dunno if it's gonna be a first day purchase for me... Due to logistic problems more than anything. Read, I might have to wait till I'm home to buy the game at the place where I buy all my Switch games.

Did more progress tonight. Finally done with non The Reach minor stuff for now. Advanced on the minor Thieves' Guild jobs to eventually unlock the reputation quests and finally turned in the current quest and started the next one. Also finally cured my character of lycanthropy. Had its run, but I no longer need it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

3 Hopes writing might actually make me correct my 3Houses rating down Ü

Sheesh, that bad?

You need to cleanse your palatte, go play Garonquest when my new supports are added so you can tell me I'm good at writing. Feed my ego, everyone.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Stuff like this is where this game shines.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sheesh, that bad?

well, not exactly.

More like some stuff added/clarified makes houses lose quite a bit of nuance. Infact it makes me wonder what's the point of the conflict is anymore

And yes Claude's was that bad

Edited by Shrimpy

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

well, not exactly.

More like some stuff added/clarified makes houses lose quite a bit of nuance. Infact it makes me wonder what's the point of the conflict is anymore

And yes Claude's was that bad

The point of the conflict is that rebellions are like seeds. One must salt the earth before they sprout.

5 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Well gentlemen I’m moved out of my old apartment into a new one and it is glorious.

Is your new apartment the retirement home?

11 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Well gentlemen I’m moved out of my old apartment into a new one and it is glorious.

oh boy it smells like retirement!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The point of the conflict is that rebellions are like seeds. One must salt the earth before they sprout

ok Garon

New chapter this weekend.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah I don't think I'm going to change my mind on chapter 22 of VS2. It's nowhere near like, Kitsune Hell or Reunion at Dawn levels of godawful. A couple of really cool things happen in it. But then, the map itself is just mediocre. Walking for 30 turns while dealing with annoying ambush reinforcements (though some of them can be stopped, at least), which is even more annoying because the game manages to avoid the issue otherwise, making the reinforcements either non-ambush, small time or even surprisingly well designed, in the case of chapter 19. There's one particular part of this map where you have to trudge through a 1 tile corridor with heavily impairing terrain for three years. And the map's main gimmick and time limit is ruined by one of the aforementioned really cool things, which is kinda dumb.

So yeah, all in all, not an enjoyable map, in my humble opinion. It's important to recognize the flaws in things you enjoy. Still, 1 map out of 26. The other two maps I described as bad have been redeemed by me understanding and playing them better. Everything that isn't chapter 22 is consistently good-to-great, and even chapter 22 has a couple of sweet moments. Honestly, that's a pretty fine score, if I do say so myself.

And hey, the game has Karajan. That makes up for anything.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

ok Garon

Thank you for the high praise.

New chapter this weekend.

Ooo!

21 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

……………

Sorry, old timer.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

On the bright side, I managed to sort of accidentally break the map while most of the army was still halfway through the 1-tile desert movement corridor, so... Hey. At least it wasn't that much of a bother. Just gotta get Zade down there and it's back to Good Map Land.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Stuff like this is where this game shines.

Honestly, I didn't expect Rabbid Mario to immediately draw them in, I thought it would just activate during the enemy turn.

Sometimes we do take those.

Luigi died immediately after that btw.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, I didn't expect Rabbid Mario to immediately draw them in, I thought it would just activate during the enemy turn.

Sometimes we do take those.

Overwatch strats are the name of the game with Rab Meryo, haha.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Luigi died immediately after that btw.

N O O O O O O O

Not Loogi!

How could you, Armagon?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

N O O O O O O O

Not Loogi!

How could you, Armagon?

Friendly fire is a bitch+some of the Rabbids to the right of the map had enough range for a clear shot.

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean sure, the nod to LaL in Undertale introduced a good number of people to the game back in the day, but it's more fun to be angry over petty nonsense.

Pettiness for the hell of it eh?

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No joke, new LaL looks incredible. I dunno if it's gonna be a first day purchase for me... Due to logistic problems more than anything. Read, I might have to wait till I'm home to buy the game at the place where I buy all my Switch games.

Is it cheaper?

Cheaper enough for me to consider making a trip to Espana?

3 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

How I heard that.

Is it quieter where you moved? Bigger? Cheaper? Has a library hidden behind a wall?

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

I should show some of the fun with double counters that Mario + Luigi can have. Admittedly a lack of Rabbid Mario means I'm not doing that much on my turn (though Bounce or Push have done it for me too, fun when it does.)

28 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

How I heard that.

Is it quieter where you moved? Bigger? Cheaper? Has a library hidden behind a wall?

It’s quieter, bigger, cheaper and gives me 100% less contact with my ex.

Edited by WraithReborn

6 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

It’s quieter, bigger, cheaper and gives me 100% less contact with my ex.

So you were living with them?

That would give a bit more context to things.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

World 2-8 in Mario+Rabbids kicking my ass rn.

Which map?