Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's like that time Ruben got to play Vestaria Saga 2 before everybody else, except that was a game that had already released in another region. Ruben got to shill, I have to hold it in for now. But there's so much I want to talk about man.

Oh, believe me, I had to exercise a ton of restraint, myself. Especially with dialogue. So many lines I would've wanted to share, but couldn't, because I was asked politely not to.

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

QsKe7bK.jpg

Real men music. Not quite the one you were expecting right?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

3 Hopes managed to turn me into an Elitist?

It won't be long now until I have you ardently combating the plague of fanservice and anime.

Against me, somehow.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

There are lotsa legit copies flying around...like yours xD

Ah. The guy I bought from had like 20 copies of it but I didn't realize there was that many more.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, believe me, I had to exercise a ton of restraint, myself. Especially with dialogue. So many lines I would've wanted to share, but couldn't, because I was asked politely not to.

But even then, you could still talk about something since it was a technically already released game.

Speaking of Xenoblade 3, I didn't read the reviews themselves but they've come out and....wow that's a lot of 10s.

Thankfully it's only 5000g I left behind in my haste when beating Forrest's paralgoue with the LunaRev file because I forgot the chest in my haste to capture Gazak when I got him to 1 HP.

Jeez, here I am thanking skirmishes. What is wrong with me?

Fuck it. Is it alright if I talk about Xenoblade 3 's gameplay specifically? Cause I'm definitely at a point in the game where I've got a strong feel for it.

I take it that this is a chat thread of sorts? This is my first time posting on this thread so I'm not exactly sure. I'm over 5,000 pages late but eh. Better late then never I say.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

But... I loved Three Hopes...  Then again that might be because Three Houses is my favorite FE and I liked Fire Emblem Warriors (at least gameplay-wise).

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fuck it. Is it alright if I talk about Xenoblade 3 's gameplay specifically? Cause I'm definitely at a point in the game where I've got a strong feel for it.

Shit, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is out already?! I thought it wasn't supposed to get released until the 29th. Well, I want to get the game sometime soon myself. If you're just going over the gameplay, then feel free to discuss it. Is the game better than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at least? Because I haven't cared enough about XC2 to get very far.

2 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

take it that this is a chat thread of sorts?

Welcome to the best corner on the interwebz!

We don't bite....

much

2 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Then again that might be because Three Houses is my favorite FE

Three houses is actually my fav. FE but Hopes soured me on it so i am taking a Fodlan break xD

This is the first Warriors game whose gameplay i like, tho!

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Just tell me..

It good?

Is very good. I'll admit there is a lingering bias towards Xenoblade 2, I think the *flow* of that game's combat hits better but this is not at all to Xenoblade 3 's detriment. It's moreso that Xenoblade 3, despite having the same skeleton, is so fundamentally different. The flow is like in this middle ground between Xenoblade X and 2 and I know you have no reference for the former but you have heard my praise of it at least. But it's honestly hard to directly compare it to the rest of the series.

Will say this too tho: Chain Attacks in this game are 👌. I think this is actually my favorite implemention of them.

And lol, going back to Xenoblade 1 after this game. Like at this point, Xenoblade 1 really is to me what GBA FE is to Shrimpy, even if I enjoyed it. Cause oh my God, I don't see how it's even possible to go back. Every new installment in this series renders Xenoblade 1 less and less replayable.

12 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Shit, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is out already?!

No. Some guy on eBay managed to get his hands on some early copies cause some stores broke the street date and I bought one. It arrived on my birthday too.

12 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Is the game better than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at least?

My answer to this is biased. Like extremely biased.

Simply put, I do not know. It's very much locked in it's spot on my top 5 games at least, unless it massively fucks up towards the end, but better than Xenoblade 2 is not a question I can answer at the moment because Xenoblade 2 has been my favorite game of all time for five years.

Edited by Armagon

15 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

I take it that this is a chat thread of sorts? This is my first time posting on this thread so I'm not exactly sure. I'm over 5,000 pages late but eh. Better late then never I say.

WELCOME TO HELL- I mean, Teehee.

15 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

But... I loved Three Hopes...  Then again that might be because Three Houses is my favorite FE and I liked Fire Emblem Warriors (at least gameplay-wise).

Me, I've had a bit of burning on 3 Hopes due to talk on the thread but I feel I can't judge on the basis of it when I don't have the game yet.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Three houses is actually my fav. FE but Hopes soured me on it so i am taking a Fodlan break xD

This is the first Warriors game whose gameplay i like, tho!

Funnily enough, that's exactly what happened to me with Age of Calamity. Love Breath of the Wild and it's still my favorite Zelda game so far, but Age of Calamity definitely ruined it a bit for me. Glad to see you like this particular version of Warriors gameplay! Have you played any of the Hyrule Warriors games yet? I liked the first one a fair bit, but I'm not a fan of AoC.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like at this point, Xenoblade 1 really is to me what GBA FE is to Shrimpy, even if I enjoyed it. Cause oh my God, I don't see how it's even possible to go back. Every new installment in this series renders Xenoblade 1 less and less replayable.

No. Some guy on eBay managed to get his hands on some early copies cause some stores broke the street date and I bought one. It arrived on my birthday too.

My answer to this is biased. Like extremely biased.

Simply put, I do not know. It's very much locked in it's spot on my top 5 games at least, unless it massively fucks up towards the end, but better than Xenoblade 2 is not a question I can answer at the moment because Xenoblade 2 has been my favorite game of all time for five years.

Even Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition on Switch (I never played the original Wii game)? I thought it was a pretty solid game. Not my favorite JRPG series (Dragon Quest holds that place in my heart), but it's still one that I can enjoy a good amount.

Lucky. I'd like to get my hands on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 when it officially releases in like, 3 days. 

Fair enough. Glad to see that you liked Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that much. To be fair, I haven't gotten very far into it. I really should give it a second chance one of these days...

14 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Me, I've had a bit of burning on 3 Hopes due to talk on the thread but I feel I can't judge on the basis of it when I don't have the game yet.

If you liked Three Houses and/or Fire Emblem Warriors (or any Warriors game, really), then I recommend that you give it a try. It's easily my favorite Warriors game of the ones I've played.

I could finish SRW30 tonight, but I think I'll do tomorrow morning instead. All that remains is the OG villain group, and those odd J-Decker aliens that popped up in one fight. I won one fight against Advent (who has a 1 minute & 25 seconds attack animation), and have no interest in another eight rounds against him. A bunch of simulator scuffles remain undone too, but I want this game to be over with and it should be easy enough as is.

Assuming 20 deployment slots like OG1 & OG2's finales, I think my final team will be...

Spoiler
  1. Huckebein 30th
  2. Cybuster
  3. SRX
  4. Gespenst
  5. Grungust
  6. RyuKoOh
  7. Alteisen Reise
  8. Rein Weissritter
  9. Hi-Nu Gundam
  10. V2 Assault Buster Gundam
  11. Shin Getter Dragon
  12. Mazinkaiser
  13. Fire J-Decker
  14. Gridman
  15. Ikaruga
  16. Dann of Thursday
  17. Final GaoGaiGar
  18. Betterman Cataphract
  19. L-Gaim Mk. II
  20. Gekkoei Sui

And for the battleships, Godinion and NSX.

Pretty basic. My OG bias + most of the leads of the various franchises. The Phenex would've occupied the 21st slot if I had one. NSX and Godinion have to rep their series because of the OG overload. If I had Sanger, I would've ditched... maybe the 30th, Edge was alright but the Hucky 30 is uninspired and Dreisstrager is more important. Gespenst is easily the weakest of this lot gameplay-wise, but I like Gilliam. Knight's & Magic's plot integration was very poor for a new-to-SRW franchise, despite the fact I like Ernie, so he also hovers on the very hesitant chopping block.

29 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

WELCOME TO HELL-

-AND HEAVEN!

I would say I've been seeing this too much, but then 🤚 happened.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean, probably Xenoblade 2 but school existed so I couldn't make progress nearly as fast. Same goes for 1. X is too structurally different.

True. X does push you forward in the main story when you eventually run low on quests you can do without serious level grinding. Yet otherwise it's difficult to measure "progress" in, since its story events are few and it isn't "go to A location, do story stuff there, go to B location and progress the same to reach C location".

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's like that time Ruben got to play Vestaria Saga 2 before everybody else, except that was a game that had already released in another region. Ruben got to shill, I have to hold it in for now. But there's so much I want to talk about man.

I can't even make a first impressions posts, I'm too far in. I gotta think of something else to share.

*Snacks on your repressed desire to speak*🍿😛

Mind you needn't hold back for me specifically, since the entire month of August is going to go by without me getting the game for sure.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The flow is like in this middle ground between Xenoblade X and 2

Which flow? Felt like there were two to XCX. First- ground combat no Overdrive, and Skell combat. Second- ground combat with self-sustaining infinite Overdrive. They feel very different.

23 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Have you played any of the Hyrule Warriors games yet?

my brother has AoC so i tried it with him a bit.

Better than usual Warriors, but i am not a fan of Warriors games in general. 3 Hopes was the exception (although i didn't play FE Warriors 1 tbf, since it lacks games whose characters i actually love/care about)

29 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Even Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition on Switch

Yes. XenoblaDE was just the original game with a new coat of paint and QoL additions. Great way to get into the series but the gameplay's too barebones imo when compared to the rest of the series.

And when it comes to the plot and characters, it's the least "Xeno" game in the series. Xeno has always been a character-driven series but Xenoblade 1's main problem is that it's overcentralized on Shulk. Even Xenogears with it's massive character irrelevancy syndrome didn't overcentralize on a single character this much. This isn't to say the other characters in 1 are bad, I think they are good but I just think it's evident that 1 was never intended to be a Xeno game in the first place.

Admittedly one could argue Xenoblade X is the least "Xeno" due to story taking a back seat but I still felt it was more character-driven than 1 was.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mind you needn't hold back for me specifically, since the entire month of August is going to go by without me getting the game for sure.

I'll still keep the big stuff under wraps obviously but I can't wait to share my praise of this game's main cast in a few days. 

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which flow? Felt like there were two to XCX. First- ground combat no Overdrive, and Skell combat. Second- ground combat with self-sustaining infinite Overdrive. They feel very different.

True. I'd say the former, there's nothing absolutely bonkers like Overdrive in this game.

Really I only say it doesn't hit like 2's combat for me personally specifically because of the lack of stutterstepping and this is mostly felt in the early game.

At the same time that I feel immense relief at having finally caught up with the series, at the same time I feel an emptiness at having nothing to do anymore.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

There was also a great war between Elie fans and Rixia fans, but the details aren't necessary.

>no Tio

This fanbase has shit taste. When the Randy sweep King of Crossbell poll will start?

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Without going into too much detail, which Law/Gray/Chaos group did you work with in Chapter 5?

All of them, it's pretty easy to get max level in all alignments. Just make a save at the start of the chapter. I can go into more detail if you want.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Okay so I was listening to this song from Pirates of the Caribbean and the second part reminded me of the battle songs in modern Fire Emblem games and how they have a top down view version and an attack version of the same song that effortlessly switch in and out of each other, and it got me thinking...

I'm a Davy Jones fan myself

5 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

You can't be an Elitist, you like Fates.

2 hours ago, CyberZord said:

Ayy, welcome and enjoy your stay ^^