• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

fythnTw.png

Yh we getting Ryza 3 announcement this week.

Especially since no other Atelier is one sale, only these 2

Nice! the first 2 were amazing so 3 should be equal if not better! 

1 hour ago, ping said:

The monocle is a nice touch, but the beard game is pretty weak.

Hey, he's going for the subtle mustache. It's an alternate style, but not inferior!

1 hour ago, ping said:

Good... comb-over, I think?, though.

He's trying.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Very tasteful. 6.593/10.

Thanks. Way too low tho

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Grape/Fruit, not my taste. Guy on the right's 100/10.

I can agree with this

Actual critique though, I wonder if the light lavender trim would work better a bit darker or not

Darker, eh.

wo3Pl5XC_o.png

Yeeeeaaaaah I think it's better like that too, honestly.

Ramón is perfect I assume?

the iris is pretty big in the eye, but that might work for wherever she's from in this context (note the differences in her eyes versus Ramon here and it could work fine stylistically).

Well, she is an anime character haha. It looks fine as is to me. I'm a bit afraid she'll go the same way as Madrika if I try making her eye smaller lol. I'll see if there's something I can do, though.

Another question that could be related: is there a maximum amount of colours allowed in character portraits in this game for their colour palette?

Yep, 16 colors per character.

I gotta share all the new portraits one of these days, get feedback on 'em all.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

gsmr1snyign91.jpg

I wish.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Well im no cav fan, so that doesnt affect me! Check mate, Ruben. 

Hah, good point.

53 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Huh...

That is a very interesting way of doing things.

Servers don't have infinite space, and the images have to go somewhere. If they just allowed people to upload whatever, they'd run into problems eventually. Places like Discord don't need to do that because they have big budgets.

fbdYnOp.png

Hot lady knight

MXFtvXJ.png

And hot mustache knight.

This is a beautiful start.

There he is.

The man.

The myth.

The legend.

The priest (not knight sorry) with 9 constitution.

Moulder the Boulder.

Use him, Quetzal. You must.

This guy gets it.

High five!

I'm walking into this direct with no expectations- That's a lie, but barring 3 Copes DLC I don't have much to expect happen, especially in terms of what I'd ask for. I like this, makes genuine surprises neat.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Darker, eh.

wo3Pl5XC_o.png

Yeeeeaaaaah I think it's better like that too, honestly.

Neat, a hunch actually worked.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ramón is perfect I assume?

100/10 is 100/10

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, she is an anime character haha. It looks fine as is to me. I'm a bit afraid she'll go the same way as Madrika if I try making her eye smaller lol. I'll see if there's something I can do, though.

It's mostly the iris size to me, but it's a good question how much adjustment should be expected. Especially with the being from another setting alongside what adjustments would result in visually.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yep, 16 colors per character.

I gotta share all the new portraits one of these days, get feedback on 'em all.

Okay, good to know.

I was there zooming in and thinking along the lines of "I can't be suggesting too many potential colours in places to affect layering if that's not an option". I should practice this and see how much of a pain I make it on myself to get the perceptions of shading, clothing, etc.

It does explain why many RPG characters have a colour that shows up in their eyes and hair/clothes, but I suppose that's obvious and isn't exactly news to me, just thought on that here.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There he is.

The man.

The myth.

The legend.

The priest (not knight sorry) with 9 constitution.

Moulder the Boulder.

Use him, Quetzal. You must.

I don't really have a choice, he's my only healer at the moment, we'd be dead without him.

It's great to see more male healers, though what would really be nice is a healer that's not tied to a religion and is just passionate about healing people.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

I'm walking into this direct with no expectations- That's a lie, but barring 3 Copes DLC I don't have much to expect happen, especially in terms of what I'd ask for. I like this, makes genuine surprises neat.

It's the best mindset to have going into these things.

Neat, a hunch actually worked.

Yep, thanks a lot.

100/10 is 100/10

Hahahaha, all right.

It's mostly the iris size to me, but it's a good question how much adjustment should be expected. Especially with the being from another setting alongside what adjustments would result in visually.

Weeeeell I mean, in this hack she's just from Renais lol

Okay, good to know.

I was there zooming in and thinking along the lines of "I can't be suggesting too many potential colours in places to affect layering if that's not an option". I should practice this and see how much of a pain I make it on myself to get the perceptions of shading, clothing, etc.

Yeah, that girl there looks to have a ton of colors, but I had to cheat and use her skin tone for the gambeson and the cape.

It does explain why many RPG characters have a colour that shows up in their eyes and hair/clothes, but I suppose that's obvious and isn't exactly news to me, just thought on that here.

It's most certainly why so many Archanean characters are monochrome.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

I don't really have a choice, he's my only healer at the moment, we'd be dead without him.

It's great to see more male healers

Moulder's quite unique. He's mature but not ancient, he's bulky and he's got the stats to back the bulk up. I like him a lot.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

though what would really be nice is a healer that's not tied to a religion and is just passionate about healing people.

In fairness, Moulder's detached from the closest thing to a religion that this game's world has. He's just a guy who likes to give counsel.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It's great to see more male healers, though what would really be nice is a healer that's not tied to a religion and is just passionate about healing people.

There's a couple who don't really mention faith but I can't think of many examples that aren't due to little to no writing around them. And even in later titles where faith isn't their reason they went into healing I can't think of many examples where they say they're doing it for the good of it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Weeeeell I mean, in this hack she's just from Renais lol

Rubensquad: Subsequent Setting

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, he's going for the subtle mustache. It's an alternate style, but not inferior!

He's trying.

Thanks. Way too low tho

I'm sorry, "subtle" is for cowards. Don't tell me you're also hiding subtext in your story changes/additions... 🙄

Ok, ok... 6.594/10

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Moulder's quite unique. He's mature but not ancient, he's bulky and he's got the stats to back the bulk up. I like him a lot.

I'm excited to see how he preforms.

19 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

There's a couple who don't really mention faith but I can't think of many examples that aren't due to little to no writing around them. And even in later titles where faith isn't their reason they went into healing I can't think of many examples where they say they're doing it for the good of it.

It's certainly an effect of them being called priests or clerics which by their name have strong religious ties.

Manuela feels pretty close as a healer, who despite working at a church, doesn't seem very religious and does express and strong desire to help people who are hurting. Lissa, Maribelle, and Elise don't seem to swing one way or the other, but Sakura does express a genuine concern for the health of people and soldiers.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Huh...

That is a very interesting way of doing things.

Well anyhow, my adventures with Sacred Stones continues with...

ZrvcsDo.png

Possible incest

fbdYnOp.png

Hot lady knight

MXFtvXJ.png

And hot mustache knight.

This is a beautiful start.

This guy gets it.

They should remake this game

@Punished Dayni I'm trying to improve her eye.

It's bothering the crap out of me and I'm gonna go to bed without having it fixed.

Pain.

30 minutes ago, ping said:

I'm sorry, "subtle" is for cowards. Don't tell me you're also hiding subtext in your story changes/additions... 🙄

Of course. Who do you think I am, David Cage?

30 minutes ago, ping said:

Ok, ok... 6.594/10

That's better.

13 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm excited to see how he preforms.

Hope he turns out well. It's a great time when he does.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Do not feel obligated to.

See the problem is that now it's bothering me too. And it's getting late and I'm going to have to go to sleep with this incomplete burden weighing on my shoulders.

Stupid fucking anime eyes.

Damn you Dayni.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Yeah, no, I'm giving up for tonight. Either she looks like she direly needs sleep or she just... her eye looks wrong, damnit, it doesn't look right, why doesn't it look right?

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

It's okay. When I fix it it's all gonna be worth it.

Problem is I've been stuck at Fort Rigwald for three days now between one thing and another, but it's not like I'm in a hurry or anything

Almost wish this was real, actually got me laughing.

Someone wrote this in it:

"I only have respect for one member of the royal family and that’s Bowsette."

Disclaimer: Bowsette is not an officially recognised monarch in the Republic of Ireland.

38 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

4NftAds.png

Toxin staller vs. Healer Tank

Turn 100 or smth. lol

vgRbjCm.png

Tfw tie

How did it respond to the tie?

In Cold Steel II I fought McBurn and beat him on my first try; oddly enough, since he's apparently the hardest fight in the game and I had to retry on several other bosses. But it was fun and he had some interesting things to say.

Spoiler

There's another mention of the "Divergent Laws" which apparently have something to do with McBurn's powers, and he uses a sword that is apparently the "twin" of Loewe's sword. Loewe was also the only Enforcer to be worth his time and McBurn is way out of the heroes' league, but he gets to have a cool fight scene with Victor Arseid.

Now I'm imagining the Angel of Slaughter challenging McBurn to a sparring match and it going like this:

RingofFired22.png

I'll try to settle things with the baddies tomorrow. Since I am right before the final boss and I know you have to use everyone, are there any specific party members I should use for team A and B?

Spoiler

Basically, I want to know where to put Emma and Jusis in case we fight Abyss and/or Rufus.

Also I played Mario + Rabbids again and beat the first boss. But the sequel will be available for $10 at some point so I won't get it right away.

And right, there's a Direct tomorrow too. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 already exists so there's not anything in particular that I'm hoping to see except Pikmin 4, but that will never happen anyway. Maybe there will be a Mario movie trailer?

I might not be able to make this joke for much longer, so since they said that BotW2's title would give something away, I can't wait for the full reveal of "The Legend of Zelda: Link Dies at the Beginning".

Edited by Lightchao42

Down to the day.

8 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

It's time.

3pm tomorrow here, might end up being in transit during it.

FcdzWzFWIAAYWAQ?format=jpg&name=large

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

on the other hand, Persona like systems

Time is actually passively moving ala Rune Factory tho so that might make for an interesting spin.....or it makes everything worse. Depends on if there's any deadlines to meet.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I was always hated this trope, it's like the house elves in Harry Potter.

At least Harry frees the slaves.

With Japan, it's uhhh

ENjOvQ-XkAM7bp2.jpg

3 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Yh we getting Ryza 3 announcement this week.

LET'S GOOOOOO

Please come out this year, complete the trinity.