• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah, FFT... good memories, except when playing hellish mods. Other than that, a fine game overall!

Kinda tough to learn but Im enjoyin it now that I got the basics pretty much figured out. Got my ass handed to me at that Dorter City fight though last time I tried it, but this time I managed to figure out how to get guys classed with this jobs thing. 2 knights, an archer, and a wizard roughly around level 5-6 made a huge difference 

I like Fire Emblem better though. The mechanics are less clunky IMHO

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It all comes full circle

Back when i still had a glimmer of hope in this cursed series....

Nowadays i just watch the fanbase burn in flames while eating popcorn. Much more fun than i ever had with the series post sky tbh

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No idea what happens in Cold Steel 4, obviously.

I wish i had no idea, too, and completely gave up at CS2.

Edited by Imperator Squilla

5 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Back when i still had a glimmer of hope in this cursed series....

Nowadays i just watch the fanbase burn in flames while eating popcorn. Much more fun than i ever had with the series post sky tbh

F

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

F

True F would be if i decide to give up on Ys as well...

and with Nisa's handling of Falcom games and the fanbase's collective stockholm syndrome that seems more likely by the day tbh

17 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Kinda tough to learn but Im enjoyin it now that I got the basics pretty much figured out. Got my ass handed to me at that Dorter City fight though last time I tried it, but this time I managed to figure out how to get guys classed with this jobs thing. 2 knights, an archer, and a wizard roughly around level 5-6 made a huge difference 

I like Fire Emblem better though. The mechanics are less clunky IMHO

Fair warning then, when you reach certain parts (for example right before For Zeakdon, after you completed the fight you are put in a position where you can go anywhere to level/buy things, so prepare before hand!)

Those would be... 

Zeakdon, Lionel (ch 2), Orbonne Monestary, (ch 2) Riovanes castle, (ch3) past this point is ch4 battles: Limberry castle, Igros castle, Murond Holy place, and finally Orbonne again 

Pretty sure I got em all in proper order.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

0HC7TkL.png

I already knew you considered CSI and II to be the weakest games I always thought of you as a Crossbell elitist just because you kept telling me to play it, but you have been gushing about Cold Steel III a lot so it balances out. The real problem is that you didn't put Sky 3rd in the highest tier.

What is the central conflict of Cold Steel 1?

The central conflict of Cold Steel I was "setting up the central conflict of Cold Steel II", duh. It's the Trails formula! My writeup didn't take the two later games into account because I haven't played them yet.

I mean, according to the lore yeah, but if you just look at the named nobles who actually appear, we have Laura, Angelica, Olivert, Jusis and Patrick through the power of character development, kind of Rufus, and “good” nobles who just don’t really bring up the entire conflict, like Rean’s entire family. All of them compared to… Dukes Cayenne and Albarea?

You're right among the nobles who actually appear, but Viscount Arseid and Baron Schwarzer are framed as the exceptions to the usual mold. The closest the game comes to showing the usual noble is Bareahard having a few noble NPCs who are generally unpleasant, like the guy who eats a rock in one sidequest.

The imperial family is good too, the problem is that the emperor trusts anime Otto von Bismarck too much.

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Fair warning then, when you reach certain parts (for example right before For Zeakdon, after you completed the fight you are put in a position where you can go anywhere to level/buy things, so prepare before hand!)

Those would be... 

Zeakdon, Lionel (ch 2), Orbonne Monestary, (ch 2) Riovanes castle, (ch3) past this point is ch4 battles: Limberry castle, Igros castle, Murond Holy place, and finally Orbonne again 

Pretty sure I got em all in proper order.

Thank ya. Much obliged for the heads up 😀 👍

21 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I already knew you considered CSI and II to be the weakest games I always thought of you as a Crossbell elitist just because you kept telling me to play it

I’m a Sky elitist with a soft spot for Azure.

but you have been gushing about Cold Steel III a lot so it balances out.

Huh, have I really been gushing?

But yeah, if Cold Steel 3 keeps this up and doesn’t do anything really horrendous it will be, in my opinion, MUCH better than the first 2 Cold Steels and a very solid game.

The real problem is that you didn't put Sky 3rd in the highest tier.

Honestly, I’ve kinda been feeling like I need a replay of Sky 3rd. I didn’t really know that the point of it was that the doors and such bridged it to the rest of the series for the next few arcs, and I didn’t like the dungeon crawler-esque thing as opposed to the normal Trails formula. But now that I know where everything was going and understand it better I feel like the game is retroactively a lot better.

Plus it has Kevin as MC. And who doesn’t love Kevin?

You're right among the nobles who actually appear, but Viscount Arseid and Baron Schwarzer are framed as the exceptions to the usual mold.

I thought that was normal for games with “good nobles” though. Since this was only being brought up in comparison to FE, I think.

Edited by Sooks

@Saint Rubenio look what showed up in my recs

Screenshot_2022-10-08-20-30-33-50_f9ee05

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

The tension between the nobility and commoners is more or less the cause of the main conflict.

It's also handled very poorly.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now that I think about it, the only media I can think of that has a message about the modern political system are the Star Wars prequels

And even then, it was less the Prequels and more of.....well literally all of the side material. The Prequels themselves don't do really do a good job at the politics but Clone Wars oh yeah baby.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Shrimpy no, don't relapse.

So, today I found out that in Great Mazinger, the Emperor of Darkness is actually never fought. Now I understand why in SRW R it's also never fought, despite the Emperor himself rarely showing up in SRW as it is. Actually, that might be why he rarely showed up in SRW to begin with.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Little word of advice

if you have allergies to flowers of any kind, never cater for weddings

It was hell today for me.

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now that I think about it, the only media I can think of that has a message about the modern political system are the Star Wars prequels. Fire Emblem just has royal main characters out of tradition, not that it has any political messages in the first place.

It's unrealistic for sure, but I do really wish Fire Emblem would get more political with it's messaging outside of just how the world is built. Three Houses was certainly close but not enough for it to be satisfying.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ALtt-P-Link-Leaping-Artwork.pngALtt-P-Link-Geldman-Artwork.pngALtt-P-Link-Resting-Artwork-2.png

Thank you for reminding me of three of my favorite pieces of official Zelda artwork. The Old & Bad, the Awkward & Epic, and the Pantsless & Chill.

Would it be inappropriate to say that Link has some thick thighs?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio look what showed up in my recs

Screenshot_2022-10-08-20-30-33-50_f9ee05

Subscribe to the man, he deserves it.

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can I make a confession?

I think I've been coming around on Alear. Like, coming around hard. There's a reason I always picked the white outfit whenever I played as Marth in Smash. Full white attires are awesome, and Alear's... is actually pretty good. They pull it off. Female Alear does the funky hair better, while male Alear doesn't have a miniskirt, so it's not like either of them's perfect, but... I think I actually might kinda like them, in the context of this more fantastical game at least.

no you cant. im not romantically available as your S support, nor am i your local priest/WRYS. so dont confess to me

like i said, at a glance my mind can filter their outfit to be okay-looking. but when i do stare at them, theres always something glaringly wrong/weird about it. like male Alear strap from his kneepad (kneeboots?) to his half- jacket. if its separate kneepad, attaching strap to jacket will just make it move away from your knee when moving frantically. if its part of the boots, even more weird, boots dont need strap keep it pulled up. also moving your leg to one side too strong (kicking for example) will pull the jacket....

sometimes i hate myself for noticing unnecessary details like that.

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whenever they reveal a design I don't like (so far Celine, mostly), I take solace in the fact that alternate outfits will be a thing. I believe there's a decent chance that, out of all of them, there'll be at least one for every character that will please most folks.

...What worries me more is that all the women look like children with the same face due to the artstyle. That's not something you can change. But, eh. At this point I'll live with it if they give me good gameplay. Honestly, I'll live with anything if they give me good gameplay. God knows I already did with Fates.

i usually skip alternate outfit, this time im glad its part of main feature. hopefully casual clothes will actually be casual. 

Edited by joevar

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Shrimpy no, don't relapse.

It’s too late for him Armagon. We’ve lost him forever. Even if CS is trash.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Dear Emperor, the character design in this game. She looks so goofy fighting in that dress. And yes before anyone else points it out it was also ridiculous with Lissa’s design as well.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

this is a game using Unreal engine 4

SO6-Character-Trailers_08-11-22-768x432.

this is also a game using unreal engine 4

tales-of-arise-gameplay.jpg?q=50&fit=cro

latest star ocean somehow will look like something that some people worried ToArise will look like before its launch

hmm maybe the gameplay will be good like some claim

theres should be a timeline where Tri-Ace got absorbed by Bamco just to have access to some of bamco finance and manpower