• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

EinnncXU0AAaiZs?format=jpg&name=medium

EinmW3KVkAE9myF?format=png&name=small

Very good games, i highly recommend these. Inti Creates is peak 2D action platformer. If you're a fan of Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero, the Azure Striker Gunvolt games are for you and if you want a good Metroidvania, i highly recommend the Blaster Master Zero games. Some of these are on 3DS as you can see but preferably get it on Switch for the best experience.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

So... Nintendo is facing a lawsuit over the whole Joy-Con drift issue, this time from France.
Apparently, they've been suspected of planned obsolescence, which France (very smartly, imo) has a law against.
Here's the articile for it: https://screenrant.com/nintendo-new-joy-con-drift-lawsuit-planned-obsolescence/

Yeah i did read about this. Nintendo will fix your Joy-Cons for free though so i'm not sure there's any planned obsolescence here.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Funny thing about the fight against Arnice is... she can one-shot your Servans (those purple spots on the ground is all that's left of them). And she two-shots Aluche and any human partner you can bring (and if either dies, it's what you see above).
Thank every deity imaginable she doesn't have any ranged attacks, but... neither do you, so... yeah. I got f***ing destroyed. In literal seconds.
And after the fifth time she turned Aluche, her friends, and her Servans into more or less pretty floor decoration for the Church Plaza in Eurulm, I decided to bring Spora... only for Arnice to casually kill it with a single hit. So much for my get out of jail free card.

So the fight on Extreme is essentially a Daredevil Run. One hit (or in this case, two) and you're dead.

@twilitfalchion Just wanna say I hope everything's going well on your end.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I love how Gatrie, a hecking Armor Knight (well, Marshall, but you get the point), is faster than two mages. XD

He is the best Armor knight in the series for a reason

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i did read about this. Nintendo will fix your Joy-Cons for free though so i'm not sure there's any planned obsolescence here

I heard that sometimes in eu they refuse to

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I heard that sometimes in eu they refuse to

They uh, aren't supposed to. Maybe it depends on the country. Cause Nintendo of America will do it for free and that applies to both American and Canadian residents.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i did read about this. Nintendo will fix your Joy-Cons for free though so i'm not sure there's any planned obsolescence here.

True.
But it still makes you wonder why they never did anything to fix the issue itself despite it being so widespread and well-known.
Not to mention it takes a while and that "taking a while" tempts impatient people to buy new ones instead of getting the old ones fixed.

Be that as it may, proving planned obsolescence is very hard to do, since there always has to be an intention behind it.
Fun fact: this isn't even the first Joy-Con-drift-related lawsuit against Nintendo. The first actually came from America.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So the fight on Extreme is essentially a Daredevil Run. One hit (or in this case, two) and you're dead.

That's pretty accurate, yeah. XD

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Indeed.
And that bugs me to no end, because he's part of my least favorite character archetype...

Edited by DragonFlames

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, Sedgar and Wolf in Fe11 probably have him beat in terms of how essential they are..

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So... Nintendo is facing a lawsuit over the whole Joy-Con drift issue, this time from France.
Apparently, they've been suspected of planned obsolescence, which France (very smartly, imo) has a law against.
Here's the articile for it: https://screenrant.com/nintendo-new-joy-con-drift-lawsuit-planned-obsolescence/

Oh, that's good. I hope they don't have an issue like this on their next console, though.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But it still makes you wonder why they never did anything to fix the issue itself despite it being so widespread and well-known.

Drift is a thing that comes to all controllers eventually (i've seen people talk about getting drift on Xbox 360 controllers, for example) but iirc, i think it has to do with the parts the Joy-Con uses. Just the way it's built makes it more prone to drift and perhaps making an improved model would increase the cost? I mean, the Joy-Cons already cost $80, i don't think anyone wants to pay even more for controllers. Most controllers only cost like $60.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Celine the Cedar best waifu XD

Spoiler

Would've been funnier if he actually married the thing, though.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Drift is a thing that comes to all controllers eventually (i've seen people talk about getting drift on Xbox 360 controllers, for example) but iirc, i think it has to do with the parts the Joy-Con uses. Just the way it's built makes it more prone to drift and perhaps making an improved model would increase the cost? I mean, the Joy-Cons already cost $80, i don't think anyone wants to pay even more for controllers. Most controllers only cost like $60.

Could be. I honestly don't know, except that this is now the second time the law has looked at this whole ordeal (first it was America, now France).
I have yet to experience the drift (TM) myself, luckily (though I have been staying away from playing action games on the Switch), but the rampant reports about the drift (TM) were largely the reason that made me hesitant to get a Switch in the first place. I only caved in because Fire Emblem.

But I'm no judge, so I'll reserve judgement until this whole ordeal is done and over with. Wait and see, as it were.

Edited by DragonFlames