Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hate that I'm likely to make the same mistake again and buy it on release date.

Let's do it together, friend!

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tell your higher ups to make Ugly Old Man playable.

They would delete Vandad then

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Is there really no button to press to skip a battle? I swear it was in Sacred Stones.

Nope. This is not Berwick Saga. That was released 1 month later.

Radiant Dawn had it, but unlike in Berwick Saga the bottom prompt is not shown on-screen. I don't think it's even documented anywhere.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

DUgw2a2.png

This girl suspiciously looks like Ike's dead mom.

Elena does have blue hair. Her hair appearing purple in the intro is probably just meant to be a lighting thing.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd think it's possible. It's just a matter of the emulator detecting the memory card data, just like in the actual consoles.

Although the stat boosts just end up making the strongest characters even dumber.

Most important thing to transfer is probably the Ike x Soren A support.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A 40 pop capital.😁

I take it you're using a UI mod, judging from the resource icons at the top?

A 40 pop Petra capital. :] It still has a handful of unused 4-yield tiles left. I also quite like how every other city is size 19+, except for the Mt. Kailash (the 2 Happiness, 6 Faith natural wonder) expand that doesn't have too much going on otherwise.

Yeah, Enhanced User Interface. Honestly, I hardly remember how the game looks without it, just that I don't think I could play without it at this point.

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Look, friend, maybe.

But i need Spain to win tomorrow so we can have a chance ok?

Hey, if Japan wins, like, 6-0, Germany should have a realistic chance, right?

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, it needs NG+.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I believe it does.

Bummer. I guess Quetzal will have to play RD twice, then. ;):

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Although the stat boosts just end up making the strongest characters even dumber.

Counterpoint: Chapter 2-1 without transfers for Neph is stupid and dumb and probably smells. I hates it. (Seriously, that map is the bane of my RD playthroughs) (Er, one of the banes)

Also, it's a big pain in the butt to get Haar any transfers.

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Let's do it together, friend!

I don't wanna. I don't wanna suffer like I suffered with Houses again.

They would delete Vandad then

Son of a--

Fine. I will reclass Vandad to sorcerer. That will have to do.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Nope. This is not Berwick Saga. That was released 1 month later.

Yes, did you hear that @Edelguardiansing A.K.A. Quetzal? Berwick Saga. Such is the name of the game you must play.

3 minutes ago, ping said:

Hey, if Japan wins, like, 6-0, Germany should have a realistic chance, right?

I don't understand how this silly competition works.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's pretty easy

Points matter the most

if Equal

Goal difference

And there Spain has a big advantage, due to their 7-0 win against CR  they have a +7 Goal Difference

So if we and Japan win Tomorrow, both Spain and Germany will be at 4 Points

But Spain is at +7 GD and us at -1 atm

So...yeah

Edited by Imperator Squilla

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Round thingie goes into rectangular thingie. Refer to Shrimpy for the details.

It's pretty easy

Points matter the most

if Equal

Goal difference

And there Spain has a big advantage, due to their 7-0 win against CR  they have a +7 Goal Difference

So if we and Japan win Tomorrow, both Spain and Germany will be at 4 Points

But Spain is at +7 GD and us at -1 atm

So...yeah

Wait but... How does it work in your favor if we win, then? That would put us at like, bazillion Gee Dee, wouldn't it?

1 minute ago, ping said:

Round thingie goes into rectangular thingie.

What?! I thought it went into the triangular thingie...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How does it work in your favor if we win, then?

If you win, Japan stays at 3 Points, and if we win then we will have , which puts us ahead of Japan at 2nd place after Spain

Fyi, both 1st and 2nd place advance. Right now we have no chance at first place, but Spain winning would give us a very good chance at 2nd place

provided we don't job against Costa Rica, that is

Edited by Imperator Squilla

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait but... How does it work in your favor if we win, then? That would put us at like, bazillion Gee Dee, wouldn't it?

If Spain wins, they're just through in first place. They already have a 1 point lead over Japan and Costa Rica, and a 3 point lead over Germany.

I think the only realistic way that they don't qualify is if they lose vs. Japan and Costa Rica wins vs. Germany, which would honestly be the most hilarious outcome. If Spain loses and Germany wins, well, that's when Spain's huge goal differential advantage comes into play.

rtbpycsqll2a1.jpg

Current Table for Mathfooties.

A win gives 3 points, a tie one, loss 0.

We need a win, otherwise it's over.

But the only way for use to to get 2nd place is for Spain to win, or in case of a tie of Spain vs. Japan, to score 2 or more goals, since winning with only 1 goal will put us equal to japan in Points, Goals and Goal difference, and then they advance because they win in the head to head. In case of a Japan win, we will have to catch up with the Goal Difference...that's not happening lmao.

Of course, that all assuming we just defeat Costa Rica lmao.

5 minutes ago, ping said:

I think the only realistic way that they don't qualify is if they lose vs. Japan and Costa Rica wins vs. Germany, which would honestly be the most hilarious outcome.

I won't even be mad then lmao. It would be just way too funny.

Not to mention i have no hopes for our Team anyway. Like literally 0.

Berwick Saga also introduced the concept of merging items of the same type together to restore durability.

But only for items where it would make sense. Like Arrows or throwing weapons. No such nonsense as putting two Longswords together. That would be stupid.

Instead they made repair items much more flexible. You got Repair Stones, that each have 10 charges. But the amount of charges you need depends on the type of the weapon and how worn down it is.
So you might require 5 charges to fully restore a powerful pref weapon, but a common weapon might only need 1 charge to go from 1 to 100% durability.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So never, then.

Oh there is endless amounts of inspiration to take from Brazil, it is well within the realms of reality.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

https://feuniverse.us/t/lex-talionis-absolution-22-32-chapters/7045

You might like this. Not exactly the same as what you want, but it does have some Latin Amercian influences i think

I'll add that one to the backlogs.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

tumblr_pxjbpzyQ5z1rt57awo3_1280.png

hell i don't know if this place in Gravity Rush 2 is based on any place in particular but i felt like i was walking through Venezuela's market streets here. Idk, i just got those vibes.

Judging by the signs I want to say southeast Asia.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay that one got a smile out of me.

Good, because it took needlessly long to actual get that picture and post it on here.

I don't know why, but pretty much all of Nah's artwork outside of Awakening portrays her as this generic loli when her ingame portrait is the only art that actually reflects her mild-mannered mature personality.

It's also very condescending looking so I'm surprised it never became a meme.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, did you hear that @Edelguardiansing A.K.A. Quetzal? Berwick Saga. Such is the name of the game you must play.

Okay.

KCOIAx8.png

That was a long cutscene that I couldn't skip.

I think there's some issues with the controls and the emulator.

Ld8Hidg.png

Already this game has Awakening beat with having the evil empire's name be even more on the nose than Plegia.

GTUVWxc.png

Sorry, I don't speak exposition.

13 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Berwick Saga also introduced the concept of merging items of the same type together to restore durability.

But only for items where it would make sense. Like Arrows or throwing weapons. No such nonsense as putting two Longswords together. That would be stupid.

Instead they made repair items much more flexible. You got Repair Stones, that each have 10 charges. But the amount of charges you need depends on the type of the weapon and how worn down it is.
So you might require 5 charges to fully restore a powerful pref weapon, but a common weapon might only need 1 charge to go from 1 to 100% durability.

So...Kaga did it first?

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh there is endless amounts of inspiration to take from Brazil, it is well within the realms of reality.

I joked more that, unless it's their own culture, they won't bother.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Berwick Saga also lets you keep the items from dead allies.

Although unlike Shadow Dragon stuff doesn't just automatically end up in your storage. First you have to visit your comrades graves in the cemetery and get them back from the gravekeeper.

35 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

If you win, Japan stays at 3 Points, and if we win then we will have , which puts us ahead of Japan at 2nd place after Spain

Fyi, both 1st and 2nd place advance. Right now we have no chance at first place, but Spain winning would give us a very good chance at 2nd place

provided we don't job against Costa Rica, that is

I see.

13 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Good, because it took needlessly long to actual get that picture and post it on here.

I don't know why, but pretty much all of Nah's artwork outside of Awakening portrays her as this generic loli when her ingame portrait is the only art that actually reflects her mild-mannered mature personality.

It's also very condescending looking so I'm surprised it never became a meme.

Nah's portrait is great, probably top 3 manaketes in the series, mainly because the rest all look the same or are straight up crimes.

27 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Repairstones my beloveds.

13 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Okay.

KCOIAx8.png

That was a long cutscene that I couldn't skip.

I think there's some issues with the controls and the emulator.

Oh, is there?

Also that's not even the latest version of the translation you d--

Ld8Hidg.png

Already this game has Awakening beat with having the evil empire's name be even more on the nose than Plegia.

Hahahahah

Okay I cannot deny it BUT it's supposed to be the other half that, alongside Veria, forms Lazberia.

Except Laz was a bit eh I suppose, so instead it's the Brigand Empire.

Also this game's story runs about 10 circles around Awakening's.

GTUVWxc.png

Sorry, I don't speak exposition.

Yeah that's a glitch, everything is translated in the actual game.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Berwick Saga also lets you keep the items from dead allies.

Although unlike Shadow Dragon stuff doesn't just automatically end up in your storage. First you have to visit your comrades graves in the cemetery and get them back from the gravekeeper.

Legit one of my favorite mechanics. Making you feel bad to get your items back! Brilliant.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

18 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Judging by the signs I want to say southeast Asia.

Oh the language in Gravity Rush is fictional. Both written and spoken, the latter being a fictitious French.

41 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Ld8Hidg.png

Although the Verians started the war in the first place. It's just that they are losing hard now.

Turns out that after wearing yourself down in a 10-year long civil war, it's not a good idea to immediately invade your neighbor.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah's portrait is great, probably top 3 manaketes in the series, mainly because the rest all look the same or are straight up crimes.

2RWbwA0.png

Oh boy, can't wait to annoy everybody with this one.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh the language in Gravity Rush is fictional. Both written and spoken, the latter being a fictitious French.

Clearly it's based off of East Asians scripts though.