Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Benice said:

do you want me to give you a brief run-down of each unit you have?

nope, thank you^^

Takes away the fun of knowing them myself, which is always a part of SRPG

Although some spoiler less tips for Kaga's cryptic stuff would be appreciated!

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, could be worse... could be almost no one playing SRW in here...

soon ™️

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

soon ™️

I mean, if getting a game from the VTX trilogy isn't a quick manner, there's plenty of other games.

If you're willing to dable in PS2 emulation, there's the Alpha tetralogy to begin with. Though only Alpha Gaiden has a fan translation done.

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

That prep music is actually really good...

Yep. My favorite two map themes from the game, in case you're wondering: (Clouds of war and Crusade. Crusade is my no. 1 in all of FE.)

Spoiler

Spoiler

God, Crusade is so good... (Although that's technically not the version that plays on the map, that'd be this one:

Spoiler

Edited by Benice

Galaxy 1 really does look spectacular in handheld mode. The visuals have aged amazingly well; a simple upscaling was really all that was necessary, imo.

I never actually finished the original Galaxy (I did complete Galaxy 2 though), so it'll be nice to actually beat it for the first time.

I forgot how disorienting the camera can be in the Galaxy games though. I've felt like I had to crane my neck just to follow what was going on on screen.

That and the forced touch controls for collecting star bits and using pull stars have been irritating, ngl. It's still a fun game, but I'm definitely not loving the forced gimmick controls Ninty loves to put in their games.

And this is such a beautifully chill theme.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Knightly talk

definetly Kaga

Worry not! There are also lines that are pure gold, such as "R.I.P., Loser."

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Bandits

wouldn't be a FE game otherwise

Well, technically renegade knights. But yeah, the first two chapters have bandit maps for the main missions.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

@Benice Is Shield extra Def always active when equipped?

Nope-Shields have hit rates as well. You can see when you check shield info that they will have a hit/10, and the chance to shield is that + shield skill + Shieldfaire or special effects, if applicable.

Also, vantage spam is fun.

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Benice So if i unterstood range right:

0: means 1 range, but you heading into the enemy's tile
1: Also one range away, but not heading into enemy's tile, hence they can only counter attack with ranged weapon

right?

Yes, and 2 or more range is the amount of hexes of range.

Two more things-If a unit has 11 or more AS, then they can counter from 1 range with a 0 range weapon equipped.

And as for crits-The damage is calculated by negating enemy defense, (shields can still block) then adding between...15 and 20 damage, I think? It may be 10.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well @Benice ...
Hold your Breath...

I AM...

actually not having low hit rates even in chapter 1. Nice.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! Oh, thank goodness!

And you get Sylvis soon, and she is super good!

And...Ugh...Volo. Please don't use Volo.

vOVKmoT.png

The Lowest Hit rate i actually had so far, except for Mr. Blind Archer Sherlock.

He has cool Abilities and all, but his hit rate will make me bench him.

The other 2 Knights have that Supporter thing, making them have ~85 hit. Ward is Jagen'ing. And Deen has that +22hit skill and good AxSkl stat anyway

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Two more things-If a unit has 11 or more AS, then they can counter from 1 range with a 0 range weapon equipped.

Umu guide told me about this

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

It may be 10

it's 10 

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

The Lowest Hit rate i actually had so far, except for Mr. Blind Archer Sherlock.

He has cool Abilities and all, but his hit rate will make me bench him.

As someone who dislikes Sherlock, I will step in on his behalf. Bows and Arrows are VERY good in Berwick, since you get both OP bows and OP arrows. This tandem makes them destructive in any hands. (Heck, Sylvis' equipment is a big reason that she's considered to be amazing.) 

However, with bad equipment, it makes them especially terrible. Sherlock's starting equipment is no good, and his stats and low bow skill don't help. Heck, I'd say he has the worst start out of any unit other than Enid. (No spoilers, but just trust me, train Enid, you will not regret it.) He also joins at a higher level, so he basically cannot level up for a little bit. I think that it is worth benching him until good bows and/or arrows become available.

Not saying you have to use him, but his first impression doesn't truly represent what he can do.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's 10 xD

R.I.P.

You also probably noticed, but Supporter also grants +4 crit.

Well, have fun in Navaron~!

Est?

Est. And if you want spoilers as to what she does once trained... (Not story spoilers, but in case you wanna be totally blind)

Spoiler

She basically is Kaga did it first Lysithea. She gets a weapon that can basically OHKO everything in sight. It's beautiful. It makes her one of the best units in the game, in fact.

Thanks^^

Something I find funny about Navaron is that almost every shopkeeper gets a backstory and characterization...Except for Pejj, who has no side missions or citizen requests. Weird.

Edited by Benice