• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Lightchao42 When they said Gamera was coming back, i didn't realize it'd be an anime.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alfred wants Lyn’s speed way more and Fogado benefits a little bit from the slight magic boost from Eirika with radiant bow.

That is true but Fogado's had Lyn for like most of the game lol.

Eh whateves, i'll buy bond levels again.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

"Lyn's without taking the yurt guards fast enough"

What happen then? Because my reaction after completing Lyn was "what was that warning about yurts again?"

I only need to rewind a bit there because i forgot to check mage range they killed jade and Lyn critting half dead unit. So lyn diff. Is okay/middle to me

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes but Fogado better

and smh not checking the bonus effects of Engage abilities

So eirika on fogado for cavalier bonus? Been thinking for a while who to put on him i guess i know now

Since i dont want to change alfred x sigurd

----------

But its a shame that paralogue boss battle dialogue only happen to Alear + 1 unit (presumably only to their initial partner?). Altho adding more would be like adding bond convo tho, lol

-----------

Alright eirika's done. Its.. either just easy or im started to overlevelled, even tho never done any skirmish nor trual anymore since long time ago

uI5urXd.jpg

Ho-all to the borders, Adrestians come down

With your britches of dear skin and lions pulled out

With your crimson red crests and your banners all come

To the gathering summons of trumpet and drum

Come down with your rifles 

Let gray wolf and fox

Howl on in the shadows of primitive rocks

Let bear feed securely from pig pen and stall

There’s two legged game for your powder and ball

And cheer cheer! The Red Mountaineer! And cheer cheer! The Red Mountaineer!

On the south came the alliance our land to police

And armed for the battle while canting of peace

On our east came the Adrestians, the red coated band

To hang up our leaders and eat up our land

Ho-all to the rescue for nemesis shall sing

No game for the legions of Almyra’s eastern wing

They claim our possessions, the pitiful naves

The tribute we pay shall be prisons and graves

And cheer cheer! The Blue Mountaineer! And Cheer Cheer! The Blue Mountaineer!

We owe no allegiance we bow to no throne

Our ruler is law and the law is our own

Our rulers themselves are our own fellow men

Who can handle the sword and the scythe and the pen

Hurrah for the Alliance, for the land that we till

Must have sons to defend her from valley and hill

Our vow is recorded 

Our banner unfurled

In the name of Leicester we defy all the world

And cheer cheer! The Gold Mountaineer! And cheer cheer! The Gold Mountaineer!

oZSaFKL.jpg

So is the implication that Sothis just waited 5 entire years to wake me up.

yDx2CxG.jpg

I ended Part 1 just a day before I left for Guatemala which was very intentional, I thought it'd be cool to match the game's change in setting.

...Not that Guatemala is a war torn hell like Fodlan right now but you know what I mean.

cwo6iWM.jpg

*Sigh* I so badly want to feel something to this scene but just the fact that she's talking to a brick wall kills any potential emotion.

NSaBlds.jpg

That's my fucking boy.

JwLNXMS.jpg

VbIwxKA.jpg

Just the fact that Part one's story focused so much on cheesy bad guys and worshiping Byleth and hardly anything on relationships between students of different houses or even just relationships between the house leaders makes me not believe even for a second that anyone here cares that they're fighting their old classmates.

AAvENNU.jpg

I've said it before I'll say it again, the designs in post time-skip Three Houses are hands down the most unique and interesting designs of any Fire Emblem game, and it's literally just because FE remembered that men can also have long hair.

n8MCLQT.jpg

That being said, the fact that the personalities, voices, and general vibes remain unchanged is a huge letdown.

O67EUsb.jpgeYxvJGL.jpg

I swear to god, I don't give a shit that it has no effect on gameplay, from now till the end of this game I will not have Linhardt kill anyone.

4oqUeRX.jpg

I can't believe this game's solution for depression is "Just get a girlfriend, lol"

mFvx3ON.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_G_w_fuyQUDw/THj2AfomDxI/AAAAAAAAHcU/yMSXv5IFGmw/s1600/life_of_brian_1358087c.jpg

Hmmm

25e0WyX.jpg

You know another thing Part 1 robs? An actual look into Fodlan's geographical landmarks and capital. In Part 2 they frame these landmarks as huge stepping stones but as the player since I didn't know anything about these landmarks till now, they feel like they could just be any old Fire Emblem map.

WFYkRlA.jpg

Let the record show, this is the third time Ignatz failed a 71% mage class change.

t7gKdnV.jpg

I respect TH for going outside the noble savage trope by showing that just because you hunt doesn't mean you don't respect nature.

LRcr9st.jpg

If I had a nickel for every time a Fire Emblem had a conversation where a character tries to be the pseudo sibling of another character and it comes off as oddly sexual, I'd be able to adopt a sibling.

pnpt3Oz.jpg

Okay somehow this is the creepiest of them.

rI2xYxF.jpg

Nice eyes, chief. Can I borrow one?

DXxOTrA.jpg

Wait...if Edelgard is fighting to stop the atrocities that happened to her and her siblings, why is she fighting the church and working with the nazis that did those atrocities.

At first I thought they'd talk about how "Oh, because it's the church that creates this crest centered society!" but so far the only justification I've heard from Edelgard is that "Rhea is big scary dragon so church bad"

Y1Qx9ml.jpg

"The enemy of my enemy is only my friend if they'd be my friend regardless"

iNbN2Ej.jpg

After having FE games that had quick boss themes that ended after 3 seconds because they only played during the battle itself makes me glad that TH makes it so the boss theme plays out till the boss is dead.

...It's just a shame that Mastermind from Awakening is literally the only good boss theme in Fire Emblem music history.

vSXMgYt.jpg

Another bloody feather for the creed.

uiLP8zR.jpg

Then what the fuck are you doing back at the Monastery?!

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

..It's just a shame that Mastermind from Awakening is literally the only good boss theme in Fire Emblem music history.

Bruh

And this isn't counting the final boss themes.

5 minutes ago, joevar said:

What happen then? Because my reaction after completing Lyn was "what was that warning about yurts again?"

I only need to rewind a bit there because i forgot to check mage range they killed jade and Lyn critting half dead unit. So lyn diff. Is okay/middle to m

Once Lyn decides to move, units pour out from the yurts whose guards are still alive.

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So is the implication that Sothis just waited 5 entire years to wake me up.

Pretty much.

I've said it before I'll say it again, the designs in post time-skip Three Houses are hands down the most unique and interesting designs of any Fire Emblem game, and it's literally just because FE remembered that men can also have long hair.

Does it help because they contrast the fact they all were in the same (even if they all kinda had unique takes for it) uniform just prior? Since it would make them stand out more, yes.

I respect TH for going outside the noble savage trope by showing that just because you hunt doesn't mean you don't respect nature.

Isn't that actually part of the trope? As in, there is "good hunter" and "bad hunter", and the Noble Savage is meant to be the former.

"To the TV Tropes Pages!" *insert Batman theme here*

Wait...if Edelgard is fighting to stop the atrocities that happened to her and her siblings, why is she fighting the church and working with the nazis that did those atrocities.

At first I thought they'd talk about how "Oh, because it's the church that creates this crest centered society!" but so far the only justification I've heard from Edelgard is that "Rhea is big scary dragon so church bad"

I guess all the cool kids know Church/Religion Bad so they must go down first?

Or maybe it's like, "What did she do to stop this?" So she holds a grudge? Since it came to be due them taking advantage the Insurrection of the Seven happened, which also Rhea was also kinda passive about it? Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if Edelgard does blame Rhea as well in some form.

Then what the fuck are you doing back at the Monastery?!

"We put all that work on the Monastery, so you're going to use it all game long whether it makes sense or not!"

30 minutes ago, joevar said:

Reinforcements flood the map (like 5 per yurt iirc) and if you didn’t get the top 4 you just lose.

29 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

...It's just a shame that Mastermind from Awakening is literally the only good boss theme in Fire Emblem music history.

This is unacceptable because you’ve played Fates. It has the good boss music.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bruh

And this isn't counting the final boss themes.

Aside from that second one which I believe is a map theme and not a single boss theme, you may correct me if I'm wrong about that, (And yes I agree that FEs final map themes have hit it out of the park in all games from Awakening onward but that's not what I'm talking about) All those other songs just kind of strike me as trying too hard to sound intense and thus sounding off as a result, or clashing extremely hard with what the current map theme, which is something that Three Houses and SoV does a lot in my opinion.

I like Mastermind because it's always paired with Divine Decree and they flow really well together. Admittedly it does kind of lean into the "trying too hard to sound intense and epic" near the end of the song, but you don't usually hear that part anyway.

At least that's my subjective opinion on the matter.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is unacceptable because you’ve played Fates. It has the good boss music.

That's a good point, You of The Light is pretty good even though it's not always paired with the map music it fits best with.

Though it's not a theme I listen to as regularly as Mastermind, and I can't seem to remember most of the other boss themes.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Isn't that actually part of the trope? As in, there is "good hunter" and "bad hunter", and the Noble Savage is meant to be the former.

"To the TV Tropes Pages!" *insert Batman theme here*

No as the trope mostly surrounds the idea that Natives were animals that lived and talked to other animals.

If TV Tropes says otherwise I'd argue that's not a trope, that's just the way many natives cultures hunted, by giving prayer and respects to the animals they were hunting.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Does it help because they contrast the fact they all were in the same (even if they all kinda had unique takes for it) uniform just prior? Since it would make them stand out more, yes.

That helps a great deal, yes.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

Chapter 20 is.. kinda clever actually. Imo

Spoiler

Turning annoying stuff like fog of war into even more annoying but clever at the same time ( if you were in enemy position). Theres actual strategy from enemy boss here they actually put good use of their quirkiness and theur emblem ring power.

Almost like playing horror game; moving then putting up torch only to see boss hiding the dark corner ready to surprise you lmao

"So bad its good" maybe the correct word here

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Reinforcements flood the map (like 5 per yurt iirc) and if you didn’t get the top 4 you just lose.

Oh i see thats indeed bad . By the time lyn decides to move i already arrived at both of the bridge connecting to her place.

59 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

All those other songs just kind of strike me as trying too hard to sound intense and thus sounding off as a result, or clashing extremely hard with what the current map theme, which is something that Three Houses and SoV does a lot in my opinion.

I don't think it needs to pair with the map theme imo, especially if it's for an important character.

Also Scion's Dance in Purgatory is definitely a boss theme.

59 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The moment FE writing peak'd

True but also allow me to raise you

Ch.17 is one of the hardest Fire Emblem chapters ever and i don't just mean the difficulty.

Oh yeah I forgot to post this. Since I'm gonna need a portable SSD for when my editing class begins doing projects, I ordered one.

IMG20230130203100.jpg

I didn't realize it was that small. And if you think my hands are too big

IMG20230130203206.jpg

It's only slightly bigger than the Amazon gift card that I got for my birthday (I finally used it and it was to take $25 off the $100 1 TB SSD).

Oh, the bridge is destroyed? Thanks for giving me a bottleneck that slows down the enemies and gives them -30 Avoid!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Wow, the reinforcements ran out. Doga would be proud. I CHOKED THE POINT succesfully.

Pft, Leif can only do scratch damage to Ivy. Well, time to end this...

... and done! Another Paralogue down!

12 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey hi. I've arrived in Guatemala and have been cruising around these past few days which is why I haven't posted in a bit but now I have a moment to settle down a bit and share a screenshot I took like three days ago.

Glad to see you back, and hopefully you end up having fun in Guatemala.

12 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

qROQutU.png

bnj7sdvg3aq71.png

Poor N, he has a good point, but it is so fundamentally opposed to the fundemental idea of a Pokemon game that it never had a chance to thrive...

Much as I joke here, I do kinda respect them at least trying to address the idea, and the things he claims your Pokemon say about the battle are supposed to be the defenses the game has, but him being so closely tied to the obviously evil team undermines the conversation a lot.

5 hours ago, Green06 said:

Treehouse really butchered the translation

Reveal hidden contents

K0c6xlki o

Wow, the only thing Treehouse did wrong with the localization was tone down the player becoming lovers with underaged characters into being friends with them? They really did solid job with this one didn't they.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

O67EUsb.jpgeYxvJGL.jpg

I swear to god, I don't give a shit that it has no effect on gameplay, from now till the end of this game I will not have Linhardt kill anyone.

Its interesting when a game can get you to play it a special way for the sake of its characters.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

4oqUeRX.jpg

I can't believe this game's solution for depression is "Just get a girlfriend, lol"

Its really weird that people think this is a way to cure depression. I wonder if it comes from the bit of toxic masculinity that makes men bottle up their emotions around their friends, and only have their girlfriends for an emotional outlet, so losing (or simply not having one for an extended period of time) leads towards a sense of depression, as they have no outlet for expressing their more vulnerable emotions...

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ooooooh, Ivy has a battle quote with Leif, because of Chapter 8! Nice!

it does seems ivy has battle quote with many Emblem, more than other royals. 

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ch.17 is one of the hardest Fire Emblem chapters ever and i don't just mean the difficulty.

yep. easily one of my favorites.

Spoiler

burning scenery done right with no-holds-barred 6 bosses, plus tile hazard, plus good sountrack, plus without the gimmick of reinforcement to boot!

Edited by joevar

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Poor N, he has a good point, but it is so fundamentally opposed to the fundemental idea of a Pokemon game that it never had a chance to thrive...

Much as I joke here, I do kinda respect them at least trying to address the idea, and the things he claims your Pokemon say about the battle are supposed to be the defenses the game has, but him being so closely tied to the obviously evil team undermines the conversation a lot.

It's a shame that battles are given so much of a focus. What few spin-offs games exist where battling isn't involved or is rare to happen... well, it's telling they're that. Spin-offs.

It also reminds me how this seeps into the other media, like the anime. Big example being how they shoehorned battling into Pokémon Contests, despite the whole point of them being that they were, well, basically a way to have Pokémon compete in something that wasn't fighting!

You know, not gonna lie. Lief's Paralogue had to be the easiest for me so far. I'd say the only troublesome part was dealing with the southwest Sniper using the ballista. After that? CHOKE THE POINT and holding the line. It helps I remembered what someone here posted and had Ivy get warped and fly over to the castle and basically force Leif and some of the enemies to run back and forth, pft. And thanks to Lyn, she could even use that Ballista near the castle herself.

Ah, she's so the MVP of my playthrough...

Edited by Acacia Sgt