8 hours ago, joevar said:

Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous.

Right. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AMWts8ATd8G9Nrn1NLAlc8C2iWJdkN2BHbbr1B94

That sprite is amazing.

That is all.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

What’s even the point of giving you a choice in the order you do things if the recommended level forces you into a specific order or you just… overlevel?

I'm wondering that myself. It doesn't feel like they thought some things through with this game...

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

I mean, assuming it's not coded to only work on the Hooligans, then it doesn't hurt to... Recycle the item to Reuse later, Reducing the trouble...

Spoiler

Ohhhhh

That's some good thinking. I'll be interested in hearing if it does work, when you get there.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That sprite is amazing.

Curiously there were a couple sprites back then depicting trainers with whips.

First they got censored out of international releases, then outright removed altogether.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Ohhhhh

That's some good thinking. I'll be interested in hearing if it does work, when you get there.

I'll let you know when I get there.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually don't know how to on Virtual Console.

Capcom and Nintendo lucked out by including a future-proof alternative to the link cables- passwords. Completing the game will give you one password, which when entered into the other game before starting a file, will result in the second game being Linked.

Additional passwords -Secrets- can be obtained. The Ring Secret will transfer Magic Rings. As for all the other Secrets, it's:

• Talk to an NPC that wouldn't otherwise be there in the Linked second game.
  • Relay the password given to an NPC in the finished first game to receive a reward.
  • And lastly, relay a password given by the first-game NPC to Farore in the Linked game for the same reward.

Sounds a little complicated 😅, but this actually less complicated than it was going to be.😝

The Oracle games have a uniquely-for-Zelda messy history.:

• It began as a remake of The Legend of Zelda 1. 
  • The LoZ1 remake would have been followed by a new sequel. Which some dev team members wanted to rush into.
  • Then Shigeru Miyamoto got asked for advice and suggested creating the "Triforce series".
    • Each game- Chapter of Power, Chapter of Wisdom, Chapter of Courage, would have been focused on a particular aspect of the Triforce.
  • These games were later renamed Mystical Seed of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage.
    • It is here that the Oracle girls were written into existence.:
      • Din, the dancer.
      • Nayru, the painter.
      • Farore... the singer? (Sketches of Nayru and Farore in the Hyrule Historia reveal this.)
    • Each game would have a different gameplay/thematic gimmick.
      • Mystical Seed of Power- seasons.
      • Mystical Seed of Wisdom- colors.
      • Mystical Seed of Courage- time. -Of day. As in: morning, day, evening, and night.
  • All three of these games were meant to be linked together. But it was too much for the dev team to handle.
  • Thus, Mystical Seed of Courage was cast into the void between dimensions. A trilogy became a duology.
    • The time orientation of Courage was redefined as time travel and integrated into Mystical Seed of Wisdom, and proto-Farore's aspects were given to Nayru. While Farore herself was given a vestigial existence as a connector with her password-keeping book.
    • Or, you could look at it as Mystical Seed of Wisdom being killed off concept-wise, with Mystical Seed of Courage taking on Wisdom's girl instead. Although, there are thin traces of the former theme of colors in Ages.

In Japan, what we call the "Oracle" duology, retained the subtitle "The Mystical Seed", with Seasons having the sub-subtitle "Chapter of Earth" and Ages "Chapter of Space-Time".

Why all the changes?🤔 The record of the development indicates that when this one-two-three-two project began, the process was "write the general scenario-first, then create the gameplay". Which ran contrary to the approach Miyamoto preferred of starting with gameplay, and then writing the scenario afterwards. Whether that mindset endured into the Mystical Seed phase or that was just plain overambition, I do not know.

Being a Xeno fan familiar with Takahashi's youthful days of biting off too much, I don't think it's surprising I liked it when I learned about this big backstory.😄

Hey hi, so because I was bored on the 5 hour long plane trip from Guatemala to LA I decided to start and Azure Moon playthrough and see how far I could get before the switch's battery ran out.

Now that I'm back home in Oregon I probably wont get back to it since I'm still roaring to play Radiant Dawn but here were the highlights.

Pj6aBk9.jpgLAkf74l.jpg

He's invisible...

GIHtoVn.jpg

Ohhh, I see how it falls into place now.

QkiMdot.jpgaPPVWPC.jpg

This interaction makes me almost want to play the rest of the game to see more of them.

4DfWI2p.jpg

So when I first played this game I kind of just thought of Dimitri was the generic FE lord among the two actually unique ones but after seeing his actions in the other two routes he definitely is the most mysterious, almost like he's a dark twist on the common FE lord.

qPeywYr.jpg

Hey chief, since I can't marry you in this route can I marry your sister instead?

6SoQ6KA.jpg

Dead

Zm5D36P.jpg

I'd like to know what kind of peaceful mission requires sending a bunch of armed teenagers to fix.

88lncuA.jpg

LpIODtu.jpgjt7QdRU.jpg

Were I not on a plane during this I would've choked.

On 3/1/2023 at 9:26 AM, Armagon said:

I meeeeeeeaaaaaann

FqCWhDFXwAEeg4b?format=jpg&name=large

Between Engage DLC and this, Chrobin fans are constantly eating. Had it not been for Lucina, they'd be eating more than Ike/Soren fans.

Yeah but that's other franchise stuff outside of the original game it's depicting. Of course modern FE would like to portray these two as a happy gay couple because of how popular it is but back in 2014 if you wanted to have a gay couple in a Fire Emblem game you're shit out of luck.

21 hours ago, ping said:

Speaking of 'how much death would X be worth', I finished the Revolutions podcast. All approximately eight days of total runtime, according to the author. I went into it pretty ignorant about the Mexican revolution and now I think that Emiliano Zapata is the greatest revolutionary of all time. Not in terms of the magnitude of what he eventually accomplished (I think it's tough to get past Lenin there), but the guy had a noble cause and he stuck with it instead of being seduced by the prospect of greater personal power, which I'd say was a rare feat in the protagonists of the series.

It's not about Zapata but he is mentioned.

21 hours ago, ping said:

@GuardianSing- have you listened through the entire thing already, too?

I only listened to the ones that personally interested me, being the Russian Revolution and the Mexican revolution.

Though it's been a while, I should start listening to the rest of all of them, especially since I don't remember everything that was mentioned in the first two.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hide contents

The next big thing to note is that you can get your Route 4 encounter before entering Mt. Moon (something I showed off with the Town Map), and found there a Psyduck, who came uncomfortably close to killing some of my Pokemon, and I ended up naming it after @GuardianSing, although due to character limit that got shortened to Guard.Sing. It also has a rather buffed move pool, with Psybeam, Waterfall, Seismic Toss, and Hypnosis all from the start.

I could not have asked for a better Pokemon to be named after.

Also this nuzlock looks damn insane, I wish you luck going forward.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That sprite is amazing.

That is all.

Nothing beats the four-armed rocket from Gen 2, though.
Spr_GS_Rocket_Grunt_F.png

For some reason trainers using whips fell out of fashion over time. But there were quite a few in Gen 1.
Spr_RG_Cooltrainer_M.pngSpr_RG_Cooltrainer_F.pngSpr_RG_Sabrina.pngSpr_RG_Rocker.pngSpr_RG_Cue_Ball.png

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

He's invisible...

OMG, you found John Cena!

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey chief, since I can't marry you in this route can I marry your sister instead?

How curious they made both siblings able to S support both Byleths.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

The lower "arms" are her hair. lol

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If only we could get the original idea actually made someday... but I doubt it will ever happen. Who knows.

Oh, how I wish we could.😄 Farore deserves her chance to shine.

As it is, I am left begging for a Hyrule Warriors 2 that includes the Oracles + Veran and Onyx (and maybe Ralph, if they could figure out something for him). I'd want Young Link (plain old Link looks too old for it, Toon Link too toony, and we don't need a fourth Link) to get the Strange Flute as an alternative weapon with the ability to summon all three Animal Companions. A shrunken version of the entirety of Subrosia, a seasonal chaos splicing of Holodrum, and a temporally patchwork Labrynna for battlefields (the Black Tower would be nice, but it's not enough for an entire battlefield I think, unless Ages didn't do a temporal patchwork and instead did one map for the present, one for past). And I have my doubts that even this will happen.🙁

I beat the Entirely Ordinary Fort.

My fucking goodness.

29 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

RBY's graphics are pretty good for GB era though. 

Well, I'm not saying otherwise. A game can have good graphics and still have a sprite that looks goofy.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Curiously there were a couple sprites back then depicting trainers with whips.

First they got censored out of international releases, then outright removed altogether.

I hadn't even noticed he had a whip lol, I just saw the really awkward pose and the intense stare right at the camera and though "yep best sprite 10/10."

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'll let you know when I get there.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, that one's pretty great, but the other guy looks like a corpse.

14 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

For some reason trainers using whips fell out of fashion over time. But there were quite a few in Gen 1.
Spr_RG_Cooltrainer_M.pngSpr_RG_Cooltrainer_F.pngSpr_RG_Sabrina.png

Guess we know what Pokemon Kaga's kink was.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The lower "arms" are her hair. lol

I would've thought it's a scarf, myself.

21 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I only listened to the ones that personally interested me, being the Russian Revolution and the Mexican revolution.

Though it's been a while, I should start listening to the rest of all of them, especially since I don't remember everything that was mentioned in the first two.

Very recommendable (although Mike himself says in one of the closing episodes that he personally thinks that he didn't quite find his groove before 1789). On a meta level, it's interesting to hear Mike becoming more and more aware of and sympathetic to the social question - again something he himself says in the appendices, but it's quite noticable in retrospective.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I'm not saying otherwise. A game can have good graphics and still have a sprite that looks goofy.

Poor Golbat, they did it dirty in R/B. XD

49 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

thankies!

You're very welcome! ❤️

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/cc/Spr_1g_023.png

I ironically like derpy snake...

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b6/Spr_1g_052.png

...and unironically love Meowth's...

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f7/Spr_1g_139.png

...as well as Omastar's poses. Ta-dah!

Edited by ping

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Capcom and Nintendo lucked out by including a future-proof alternative to the link cables- passwords. Completing the game will give you one password, which when entered into the other game before starting a file, will result in the second game being Linked.

Additional passwords -Secrets- can be obtained. The Ring Secret will transfer Magic Rings. As for all the other Secrets, it's:

• Talk to an NPC that wouldn't otherwise be there in the Linked second game.
  • Relay the password given to an NPC in the finished first game to receive a reward.
  • And lastly, relay a password given by the first-game NPC to Farore in the Linked game for the same reward.

Sounds a little complicated 😅, but this actually less complicated than it was going to be.😝

The Oracle games have a uniquely-for-Zelda messy history.:

• It began as a remake of The Legend of Zelda 1. 
  • The LoZ1 remake would have been followed by a new sequel. Which some dev team members wanted to rush into.
  • Then Shigeru Miyamoto got asked for advice and suggested creating the "Triforce series".
    • Each game- Chapter of Power, Chapter of Wisdom, Chapter of Courage, would have been focused on a particular aspect of the Triforce.
  • These games were later renamed Mystical Seed of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage.
    • It is here that the Oracle girls were written into existence.:
      • Din, the dancer.
      • Nayru, the painter.
      • Farore... the singer? (Sketches of Nayru and Farore in the Hyrule Historia reveal this.)
    • Each game would have a different gameplay/thematic gimmick.
      • Mystical Seed of Power- seasons.
      • Mystical Seed of Wisdom- colors.
      • Mystical Seed of Courage- time. -Of day. As in: morning, day, evening, and night.
  • All three of these games were meant to be linked together. But it was too much for the dev team to handle.
  • Thus, Mystical Seed of Courage was cast into the void between dimensions. A trilogy became a duology.
    • The time orientation of Courage was redefined as time travel and integrated into Mystical Seed of Wisdom, and proto-Farore's aspects were given to Nayru. While Farore herself was given a vestigial existence as a connector with her password-keeping book.
    • Or, you could look at it as Mystical Seed of Wisdom being killed off concept-wise, with Mystical Seed of Courage taking on Wisdom's girl instead. Although, there are thin traces of the former theme of colors in Ages.

In Japan, what we call the "Oracle" duology, retained the subtitle "The Mystical Seed", with Seasons having the sub-subtitle "Chapter of Earth" and Ages "Chapter of Space-Time".

Why all the changes?🤔 The record of the development indicates that when this one-two-three-two project began, the process was "write the general scenario-first, then create the gameplay". Which ran contrary to the approach Miyamoto preferred of starting with gameplay, and then writing the scenario afterwards. Whether that mindset endured into the Mystical Seed phase or that was just plain overambition, I do not know.

Being a Xeno fan familiar with Takahashi's youthful days of biting off too much, I don't think it's surprising I liked it when I learned about this big backstory.😄

Thanks for the write up.

I take it the passwords are randomly generated?

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

LAkf74l.jpg

He's invisible

General Kenobi.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Of course modern FE would like to portray these two as a happy gay couple because of how popular it is but back in 2014 if you wanted to have a gay couple in a Fire Emblem game you're shit out of luck.

20230302_152511.jpg

But like jokes aside, Chrom/M!Robin is kinda an impossible ship because Lucina exists. So you have people being like "surrogacy exists" which like, yeah, it does, but at that point that's just mental gymnastics.

_________

@Saint Rubenio

Looks more in depth than I thought it'd be.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But like jokes aside, Chrom/M!Robin is kinda an impossible ship because Lucina exists. So you have people being like "surrogacy exists" which like, yeah, it does, but at that point that's just mental gymnastics.

Ironically I may plan to do the inverse of this for a fanfic... if it counts as the inverse.