• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still, even back then there was still some treading ground. From what I recall, all the way back with Sayaka Yumi it was considered already a breaking trend. Sayaka was unlike many other heroine roles from anime at the time, apparently. Sure, there was still more to be done about it, but she was already a step forward. As in, you wouldn't have expected her to be a Tsundere and pilot a mech too in a 1972 anime, even if the Aphrodite/Venus A was still a support mech to Mazinger Z.

Fair. I (unseriously) suppose it's like that saying in the US about Colt revolvers making all men equal. A giant robot diminishes the difference between man and woman.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Engage modding has peaked, pack it up.

BIG

SOMM

True final boss activated.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cheesed with Warrior Lyn!Etie

That describes my entire run lol

Until Lindon joined, then I also cheesed with his massive crit rates.

All right, battle 1 done. Langrey has already died twice.

I love this man's voice acting more and more with each fight. He's such an adorable tryhard. Seriously, what kind of absolute dork goes "yOu'rE a FoOTNotE iN My GlORioUs HiStorEE"? The delivery too, it's absolutely hilarious. The lines before and after in the video aren't too far behind, either.

He wants so bad to be the big evil man. I can imagine him in the royal nursery yelling that footnote line at Roienbourg while the old man changed his diapers.

2 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Is it just me, or have there been A LOT more bots lately?

Nah, been happening for days now.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, been happening for days now.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I think I've seen more bots here in the past month than the rest of the time I've had an account.

gsdx-20230315122329.pnggsdx-20230315122334.pnggsdx-20230315122343.png

...I almost didn't resume the game. I got to the start screen, closed the game at that point b/c my mind's negative feedback loop was saying I wasn't in the right state to do so. But then I forced myself to open it again.

Enemies in the next area felt a mite too strong, and going on a crafting spree did have me running low on basic materials I then needed to alchemize as well (I wish the forge was in the same room as the workshop, not a room one-minute away). Nonetheless, such qualms are better to be lost in than self-criticism. As long as the game isn't overly tedious/bad, I can zone out and reach a kind of tranquility.

26 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Is it just me, or have there been A LOT more bots lately?

Seems like it's mostly one bot being whack-a-mole'd right now.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

j5Fx1iV.png

Not going to elaborate there or...?

Also, she kinda looks familiar... somehow...

Hey Teehee

Pick a country for me to play as

QZ7um4w.png

Whatever is chosen shall be the great nation of Teehee.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Quetzal

My sweet summer child

I think that woman is just trying to sell you drugs.

Hah! Oh man, how'd I not make that connection myself.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd like to see a Fallout: New Quetzal run, if you get around to it after all. My reccs come first though, Berwick Sgaa beckons

So many Quetzal runs to do...so little time.

11 hours ago, ping said:

Whoops, missed that at first, so sorry for the double notification...:

X items are really, really good, actually. Obviously not as good as Sword Dance or Agility, which raise the respective stat by two stages for Pokemon that can learn them, but setting up a bunch of X items while the opponent has a non-threatening Pokemon out can trivialise a lot of the fights. One or two X Speeds to outrun the opponent's entire team, then enough X (Sp.)Attack to one-shot everything.

And let's not even begin with Gen1 X Accuracy giving every attack a 100% hit chance, including the one-hit KO moves such as Fissure and Guillotine. That was just broken, only held back by those moves' low PP.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

While attacking is usually the best option, buffing your pokemon is really powerful, and those items are really busted if you know how to use them. If a trainer starts with a weak pokemon, or a pokemon which your pokemon can tank rather well, you can use those items to buff the pokemon you have out to the point that you can easily sweep the rest of the team, even if the trainer's other pokemon are really powerful.

I see...

Alright maybe I should start using these in gym battles.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Honestly classic Koga there. In Red/Blue his Weezing is kinda infamous for exploding on the player, and giving them a far easier win (as that guy can be rather tanky), so getting the free kill on it exploding when you dig/fly is a classic, and funny strat (although I think the moveset was changed in the remake, so the Weezing doesn't blow up in this game). Its extra funny in this case, as it exploding kinda saved you, as thanks to Koffing/Weezing's levitate ability they are normally immune to ground moves.

Unintentional meta strat.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nothing too complicated. Get the 'mon into a semi-conscious state, and then begin repeating the same things to them over and over again. If they refuse to accept what you're saying, just keep repeating that statement until their will breaks and they believe what they hear.😈

George Orwell moment

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No, never seen that one before.

... must've been some other girl that looked similar... but I can't recall who exactly...

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey Teehee

Gonna be bias and say Mexico.

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The Netherlands. Make sure that those Belgian buggers never get anywhere near Africa. Bonus points if you can somehow prevent Prussia from unifying Germany, although I have no idea how realistic that is.

3 minutes ago, ping said:

The Netherlands. Make sure that those Belgian buggers never get anywhere near Africa. Bonus points if you can somehow prevent Prussia from unifying Germany, although I have no idea how realistic that is.

If it's anything like Victoria 2, then all you need is to stop them from getting all the land/core requirement.

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

George Orwell moment

More like modern disinformation campaigns in general.

Although what I described is based on what I saw in a GBA game.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey Teehee

QZ7um4w.png

Nothing too big, nothing too small, how about Nepal Siam? Historically was an Asian country that managed to avoid being politically conquered by 19th century Europe (although some economic and a few territorial concessions were granted to the West) and peacefully worked to modernize, seems like a middle-of-the-road option then.

-Or follow Ping's advice, whatever you prefer.

2 minutes ago, ping said:

Speaking of Belgium, I did read once that they were among the first countries outside of Britain to embrace the Industrial Revolution. Being a tiny country seems to have put a low ceiling on their industrial potential however, leaving them readily surpassed once the bigger powers got their acts together.

33 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey Teehee

QZ7um4w.png

Great Qing

Because Qing is pronounced like King

Garon is a King

You are my child now

Therefore you must do as I say.

I look forward to the great Qingian empire.

33 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hah! Oh man, how'd I not make that connection myself.

Because you're a sweet summer child! You were probably born on a summer night. In a bakery.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

BIG

SOMM

True final boss activated.

Sombron shaking in his boots.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

j5Fx1iV.png

Me when I made a huge mistake.

56 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

QZ7um4w.png

Venezuela.